Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lords of Xulima to be released on November 14th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Lords of Xulima; Numantian Games

We've known for a while that Numantian Games' indie RPG Lords of Xulima would probably be released this month. Yesterday's Kickstarter update confirmed that the next addition to the RPG retro revival canon will hit digital shelves on November 14th. The update also has some information on the new features that will be added to the game for the final release, which I'll quote here:

Greetings!

Finally Lords of Xulima will be released officially this Friday, on the 14th of November. On Friday it will be available with the game, the Talisman of Golot, the Deluxe Edition, German language and MAC OSX version. The Linux one will be ready in two weeks.

We have been in Early Access stage for about three months now and have made many improvements to the game. Now it is much better than ever thanks to the awesome feedback of our community. Thank you very much to all that have collaborated in the final development stage of LoX.

New Features!

To give you thanks, we have added some new cool features to the game in version 0.18 that perhaps were the most wanted by the community.

Quick Bar buttons in Combat

Every character has now a quick-bar with 8 slots where you can place skills, items for use and items to equip. You can use the quick bar by clicking in the buttons or more easily by pressing their corresponding number.

Custom Portraits

Now you can add custom portraits to be available when creating new characters. Also you can now change the portrait of a character by clicking on their portrait in the character screen. As soon as you run the 0.18 version you will have a new folder "Portraits" in "DocumentsMy GamesLords of Xulima" with a text file with the instructions about how to add them (the format, size, naming...).

Steam Cloud

Yes, now you can continue your game from any computer you wish. Even the custom portraits are now synchronized in the cloud.

Two new music themes

Our awesome composer Nicolas de Ferran has created two new memorable themes that can be listened to now in the beginning of the adventure: "The Lost Continent" for the Tranquil Coast and Varas-Talak, and "Mist on the Swamps" in Rasmura. Now the Soundtrack has 15 beautiful themes that will be included in the Deluxe Edition with the best quality.

Displaying Encumbrance Values in the Shop

Now, when you examine armor pieces in the inventory or in the shops, it displays the values of the max weight the character can carry, and how it is affected if they equipped that armor piece. A very helpful information for those that want to make the most of your party.

And that's all! See you on Friday!
Congrutulations to the folks at Numantian for their fantastic-looking game. Be sure to check out the Lords of Xulima Early Access, currently available at a 15% discount.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Always nice to see another crowdfunded title success.

I especially appreciate the hotkey addition and custom portraits... My Slayers crew is all ready to go. :)

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
So day one purchase? The world map looks like eschalon yet the combat is eye of the beholder style? I've only kept 1/2 an eye on this, is it incline?

Wizfall

Cipher
As a backer i'm very pleased of how the game looks.
But my play-time is limited right now (moreover i'm in the middle of a JA2 campaign) so i would like to know if the game is going to have substantial patch in the future or only bug fixes.
I don't mind waiting a month or two.

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So will the non-DRM version also be released anytime soon? Because I'm just reading STEAM...
Plan is Official Release > Linux compatibility soon after > non-DRM version soon after Linux. This is because the infrastructure for updating the game on non-DRM portals is a little trickier than it is on Steam.

It's been said before that the devs do love to update Xulima, a lot, and once the non-DRM version is out they will no longer be able to fiddle with the game or implement community suggestions with the same frequency. (At least, not without being unfair to those who choose to play non-DRM).

Sometimes, you hear about a game being updated on Steam but not yet on GoG (for example). They'd like to do their best to make sure all players can get updates as soon as they are ready, and the best way to do that is to release non-DRM at the very end. It's one of the many curves you learn about during the process of publishing a game... sorry for the wait, it shouldn't be much longer.

As a backer i'm very pleased of how the game looks.
But my play-time is limited right now (moreover i'm in the middle of a JA2 campaign) so i would like to know if the game is going to have substantial patch in the future or only bug fixes.
I don't mind waiting a month or two.
Being taken with another game is totally fine; I think Xulima can be enjoyed whether you like to go on 5 hour binges or more bite-sized play sessions. It's part of the whole "nostalgic yet modern" design approach.

I know for a fact that once the game transitions from Early Access to official release, there should be minimal surprises from there on out. Bug fixes and maybe minor tweaks to balance/challenge for the later part of the game, but nothing that should really affect players who are already comfortable with the game.

On a related note, some players who didn't get the chance to back the game but want more out of the deal have asked about the Deluxe edition. All I can say for now is that both the Mythology & Bestiary Book and the Soundtrack look positively awesome :) The composer (Nicolas) is a moderator of the RPGFrance community, and even composed 2 additional tracks for the release:

LOX_Soundtrack_Cover.jpg

This is really a win-win for everyone, I think. For the devs, it's also a way to do justice to an awesome artist's work, and secure some funding to stay afloat and possibly cook up another project.

See you guys at release!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will buy to support the incline and then never play it in 2019th, due to lack of time.

Last edited:

jdinatale

Cipher
I have always wanted this game to succeed and sell well enough to fund their next game. It seems like a game made with a lot of love and passion, by developers who love RPG's.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Will buy to support the incline and then never play it in 2019th, due to lack of time.

Sometimes I wish I could purge my steam backlog, and just start over.
Or an option to hide some (dozen) titles in a virtual abyss.

There is a "hide this title in my library" I forget the exact wording, but it's there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom