Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lords of Xulima Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Lords of Xulima; Numantian Games

As promised earlier this week, Numantian Games' Lords of Xulima was released today. Released alongside it were two DLC packs, allowing non-backers access to various perks that were available to Kickstarter backers. The accompanying Kickstarter update explains:

Official Launch!

Finally here you have the full game with great new features! Don't think that we have finished here, as we will continue to support all the players, solving bugs, and even implementing new features as we have done during the Early Access phase.

The End of the Epic Journey of Gaulen

The final boss and the End is now unlocked. The dreadful and most powerful being in Xulima is waiting for you in the Temple of Valvet. Good luck guys!

We have carefully crafted a 10 minute cinematic to show you the end of this odyssey. We really hope you like it, as we have put all our heart and passion into it. A deserved reward for all that have won this epic adventure of more than 100 hours.

Please, don't spoil the end to the new players, if you talk about it make clear that there is a spoiler inside. Thanks!

The final score will be uploaded to the Global Leaderboard, let's see who ranks the highest!

Talisman of Golot

Our promised special artifact to reward our backers in Kickstarter is available now. It is available as an upgrade, or as a pack: The Talisman of Golot edition that includes the Game and the Talisman of Golot DLC. If you purchase it you can enjoy the artifact at any time. It is not necessary to start a new game, although it is highly recommended, as there is a new quest and achievement for getting the 50 spheres of energy that now are located in different hidden places of Xulima.

For more information visit the Talisman of Golot store page.

Deluxe Edition

The Deluxe Edition DLC of Lords of Xulima includes the Bestiary & Mythology Book with more than 200 pages, the soundtrack with 15 original themes, the HD World map and exclusive wallpapers. The Mythology contains two parts, the pre-game and post-game parts. So if you haven't finished the game, don't read the second part! As for the artifact, it is available as an upgrade or sold as a the Deluxe Edition than includes Lords of Xulima, Special Digital Rewards and the Talisman of Golot.

For more information visit the Deluxe Edition store page.

Coming Soon...

• Linux version, which is our priority now.
  • Full Game Guide that will be included in the Deluxe Edition for free.
For the Backers of Lords of Xulima

All of the backers that pledged for rewards that included the Talisman of Golot will get a new Steam key to activate the DLC. In the same way, all the backers that pledged for the Digital Book Bestiary & Mythology will have another Steam key to activate the Deluxe Edition. The rewards will be send this weekend. If someone does not receive it, please send us an email to info@numantiangames.com.
Lords of Xulima is available on Steam for the price of $20, with a 10% discount until next week. Congratulations again to ApplyPoison and the other folks at Numantian!

imweasel

Congrats Numantian Games! Really looking foward to playing Lords of Xulima :)

Drowed

Arcane
I will buy it for sure. It's a bit expensive for me right now (in BRL), but in the first good deal in Steam I will have it.

And I really LOVE this map, it's fucking gorgeous:

ss_df3fa664eee8225ac1af74d53d4ad960648e6946.1920x1080.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
I've got enough money in my Steam wallet for this. Is it really worth buying?

If you really like old school rpgs, i mean like playing them rather than reading a wiki sum up and posting edgy one liner on the dex, then yes its worth it . Theres a codex review wich i mostly agree with it,go read, it takes time to write that. Only thing i disagree with is the story is better than they say, theres lot of lore. While its nothing like fallout of arcanum, its as much a rpg as old wizardries and might and magic.Dungeon crawling , very good riddles , blobber combat and top down exploration like ultimas, a melting pot of the best oldschool things.

There's many rpg release this year, and those releases were exceptionnal, so this one doesnt get the attention it deserves.

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It should also be mentioned that the difficulty options makes it a viable, challenging and fun game for most players, even people who are inexperienced with blobbers, like myself.

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks like my cover is partially blown +M

Codex can be seen as being a lot of things. For us, it's a place where we can go to get a honest, detailed look into just about any RPG ever. It's a unique place in that people present things as they are, no punches pulled, yet it is still very clearly driven by a passion for RPGs and most importantly, all knowledge related to them. This results in priceless feedback that I think most indie devs can genuinely benefit from.

So, shoutout to Codex editorial for tirelessly working to put out those news, as well as cooking up that (p)review. It hit home on many points and once the game gets the success it deserves, we're looking forward to incorporating what we've learned into what's to come.

And shoutout to all other contributors for their dedication in supporting good games... also for the occasional post which can make anyone's favorite RPG taste like an awful frozen meal the next time they boot it up! :lol:

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Ok, fuck the mushroom forest part, I'm stuck alt f4'd that shit. Nearly uninstalled. If that is how I have to progress moving through an area of mushrooms where you can't see the aggro radius without hovering and you can't save in that area then... gg.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Ok, fuck the mushroom forest part, I'm stuck alt f4'd that shit. Nearly uninstalled. If that is how I have to progress moving through an area of mushrooms where you can't see the aggro radius without hovering and you can't save in that area then... gg.
It's pretty lame but just take it slow and deep breaths, it won't take you more than 5 minutes to clear if you don't Angry German Kid your keyboard

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Just take it slow and make use of the blessings from the priestess in the town. They are really helpful in the beginning. Also if you don't have a bard use scrolls of inspiration or whatever they are called in english, they are also very useful.

TigerKnee

Arcane
He's talking about the part where you have to Metal Gear Solid your way pass though because the place is filled with a whole bunch of giganto mushrooms with small gaps in between, not the usual smaller mushroom fighters. Blessings won't help (IMO) because they're way overtuned for that point (like 4 big mushrooms per fight) even if you throw the entire list of blessings on yourself

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
He's talking about the part where you have to Metal Gear Solid your way pass though because the place is filled with a whole bunch of giganto mushrooms with small gaps in between, not the usual smaller mushroom fighters. Blessings won't help (IMO) because they're way overtuned for that point (like 4 big mushrooms per fight) even if you throw the entire list of blessings on yourself

ohh, that. I thought he was talking about the regular forest part with the small mushrooms. Yeh that area seems kinda annoying, I didn't have to cross it yet tho. Will tell how it went when I was in there ;)

V_K

Arcane
I dunno what all the whining is about, that area is a cakewalk. There is one fake path, where you think you can squeeze between the two mushrooms, while in fact you can't - but it only takes one try to figure a walk-around.
There's a similar area right after that, the golden forest (an hommage to Wiz7 I think), which is a bit harder (though less punishing) - and even it doesn't hold a candle to your average stealth mission.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
What purpose does it serve other than to slow you down... I was hardly tearing through the game at that stage with having to scrounge around for food and run back to town every 15 mins. It just gave me the shits, seemed like dumb design imo.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I am now about to enter the temple, having acquired the key. I grinded a bit in the Prince's game forest to gain 2-3 levels. The creatures there give good experience and some gold, plus there is good in the area allowing you to self-sustain with getting food and consumables. The couple of levels helped a lot in clearing the castle.

I am 7 hours in and I imagine maybe I finish the first area in under 10 hours total. Unless later areas are 'thinner' I can see spending a good 100 hours on this. Is that about right?

Suicidal

Arcane
I'm at 108 hours and I've just entered the 7th temple.

But I'm playing on hardcore so there was a lot of dying and reloading involved, especially cause my party sucked in the early game (no offensive casters, early game weapons suck dick). + sometimes I leave the game running in the background while playing multiplayer shit with friends.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Playing with the mandatory Explorer, a cleric and 4 mages on middle difficulty. Was a bumpy start but now im enjoying it immensely.

Drowed

Arcane
So, who will write the "Official Codex Review"? How is the exploration in the game? There is much optional content to be discovered - like hidden items, optional dungeons, bosses, etc?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, who will write the "Official Codex Review"?

No one has stepped forward yet. Neither myself nor felipe have the time at the moment, plus it'd be better if someone else reviewed it this time anyway.

So yeah, if someone wants to review the full game for us, go ahead.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Wish I had the time. 100 hours playtime is a tall order for me, let along writing about it.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Maybe the developers must add a quest compass with the next patch?

They've already done that in the talisman of golot edition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom