Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I am planning mage party Hardcore run. So far few people commented if this possible (why? noone tried mages in hardcore?)

my arcane soldiers will probably use swords (Bleed + Burn dot, at same time)

2 AS, galen
2 mages, cleric

Will this be viable?

Yes.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Hall of Heroes make me crazy.Not because of the food as the area is now entirely clean, but because of the mess in the lore of the heroes

I've got all the clues
(7 red, 6 gold, 8 green)
but for some of them, it guess the puzzle game is broken.A king is red, but with a 2 handed weapon it must be green.Clues say there is 2 Monk/Priest in red, but there are more than 2 with healing skills.
Does anyone manage to open the gate without spoiler?

V_K

Arcane
Hall of Heroes make me crazy.Not because of the food as the area is now entirely clean, but because of the mess in the lore of the heroes

I've got all the clues
(7 red, 6 gold, 8 green)
but for some of them, it guess the puzzle game is broken.A king is red, but with a 2 handed weapon it must be green.Clues say there is 2 Monk/Priest in red, but there are more than 2 with healing skills.

You should only care about how they look, the lore is essentially there only to confuse you.
There are five kinds of statues: the ones with crowns (kings), ones with no weapons (captains), ones with 2-handed weapons (warriors, no crowns), monk and priest (they just look the part), everyone else
I actually loved that puzzle: it's hard not because you don't have enough information, but because you have too much.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I am planning mage party Hardcore run. So far few people commented if this possible (why? noone tried mages in hardcore?)

my arcane soldiers will probably use swords (Bleed + Burn dot, at same time)

2 AS, galen
2 mages, cleric

Will this be viable?

Yes.

What spells i better take and what spells i can safely skip?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What spells i better take and what spells i can safely skip?

The Fire spells (that cause burning DoT) work pretty much on almost everything. The Ice Bleeding spells helps too (since you don't have a thief). And the freezing spell to knock enemies down in the queue works better than the electrical spells. And the Earth spells that cause wounding are very good, because wounding enemies makes them weak, and cause them to mis-cast spells.

belated

Augur
I like the electrical school. Thunder storm to push enemies' turns back and then energy absorb to get most of my mana/sp/whatever back. Between this and the cleric's divine prayer it feels like I haven't rested in forever. :p

Monkeyfinger

Cipher

I've got all the clues
(7 red, 6 gold, 8 green)

You should only care about how they look, the lore is essentially there only to confuse you.
There are five kinds of statues: the ones with crowns (kings), ones with no weapons (captains), ones with 2-handed weapons (warriors, no crowns), monk and priest (they just look the part), everyone else
I actually loved that puzzle: it's hard not because you don't have enough information, but because you have too much.

the sticking point is one of the crowns being almost invisible, so I'd say it doesn't provide enough information.

roshan

Arcane
This game is beautifully unbalanced. It just makes it so much more fun. Not that I am particularly keen to exploit it, I'm actually picking up all the herbs instead of leaving them for when I have maxed out herbology. :)

I think JE Sawyer would get a heart attack if he played this game.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thunder storm worked pretty darn well against the packs with the bigger demons, as there usually were 3-6 demons in them. Way better damage than the freeze spells. And the stun worked 100% on all three targets, instead of maybe it'll freeze some of them or not with ice spells.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Where i can read reviews about this game? I just noticed there are no reviews Oo on the game.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Finally, I beat this Hall of Fame, and the tower behind has a well designed puzzle

Gord

Arcane
Seems it's already at 30% off, likely due to the Steam Holiday sale.

Drowed

Arcane
2dMV6pV.jpg

Sooooo... 2,7% of the players finished the game in the "proper" way? I guess not even 10% finished the game at this rate. Whatever.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
2dMV6pV.jpg

Sooooo... 2,7% of the players finished the game in the "proper" way? I guess not even 10% finished the game at this rate. Whatever.

Takes a great deal of skill to sell a game that 97% of your customers don't even want to play.

Grimlorn

Arcane
The game's been out for a month and takes about 100 hours to beat right? Might want to wait a bit.

Also is real difficulty veteran or normal? I'm not seeing another option for normal or veteran. There are 3 difficulty levels right?

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Real difficulty is veteran. There is no achievement for the easiest difficulty.

Drowed

Arcane
The game's been out for a month and takes about 100 hours to beat right?

I'm about 30 hours in, and just reached the second city and wandered around. (Purified one temple, the lore says that there's 8 of them, and did 2 towers, of 4.)
So... Yeah. 100 hours seems about right. :incline:

EDIT:
Or maybe that's because I tend to wander around a bit too much. It may be that my mind has degenerated after years of popamole, but I end up getting lost easily without knowing where to go. As a result, I end up just exploring every inch of evey map where there is no enemy to completely obliterate my group in seconds.

Last edited:

belated

Augur
I think my crew were level 61 when I finished it.

Took me 90 hours, though that includes <10 hours with my first start.

I stalk the night
Patron
The game took me 50-55 hours on old-school veteran. Did all quests, explored all maps fully. Only grinded a few areas, mostly at start.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom