Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

cw8

Cipher
Grind all areas for exp or no grind?

I possible I usually try to avoid too much grinding. If excessive grinding is necessary I'm anyway not too interested...

Max out Learning ASAP. Probably be like 80 hours even so. This game is combat heavy, much more than MMX.

V_K

Arcane
For most of the game I didn't feel grinding to be necessary on normal. Just fight whatever comes your way while exploring. Those demons though...

gunman

Arcane
Developer
If I buy the Talisman of Golot Edition from the developer website, do I need a Steam account or I will download the game directly from them?

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Anyone who finished quest: What items i should keep for myself for Quests?

I know you need:
20 spore's from mushrooms
10 tusks from shadow wolfes
4 Yotumn tusks

(Some) Emerald wyvern eggs.

Anything else?

11 hound fangs, I think. And 7 sandworm somethings (tusks? horns? teeth?)

Edit: And damnit, looking at that guide I should have gotten the deluxe version from the kickstarter... now I'll have to get the dlc. Or just get the fancy version from GOG when it gets there and leave the steam version as it is.

dabruz horns
kabruz horns
tanaxas horns
valarinzo horns

that covers it

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Those horns give stats that will make your characters walking GODS (if you grind a certain area). It is almost worth it to NOT do that demon horn quest. Though they don't ask for that many.

Gord

Arcane
I didn't understand anything from that thread. Do I need steam or not to play the game? I don't want to make a friggin steam account.

Too me it seems that currently at least Steam is the only way to purchase and download LoX (legally).
Given it's an indie game it will probably run without Steam after you've downloaded it, but you'll still need to setup an account first. Maybe there will be other ways to purchase it eventually?

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
I didn't understand anything from that thread. Do I need steam or not to play the game? I don't want to make a friggin steam account.

Devs say they will release the GOG version later. Probably start of next year or something, once they're done with patching up stuff. Not sure if I can get the GOG version as well as a backer but I'll gladly give up the steam version for the GOG release.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Any opinion on Arcane soldier class? (for Hardcore difficulty)

What stats/skills to lvl?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

The worst class in the game. Arcane Soldier is trash-tier and he's completely unsalvageable. His special fire & ice attacks are inferior to the spells of the Mage and to the Taliet & Valvet heralds of the Divine Summoner. They also cost incredible amounts of power points when maxed out – don't expect to use them more than twice per battle. His access to the mage spells comes too late to be relevant, he pays extra skillpoints to learn them and his PP pool is too shallow to actually cast them. His fighter capabilities come without any discounts, making him a skill-starved character on all fronts. His starting skills are low and his stats have a crappy distribution. The best thing you can find about him is that he can use all of the regular Soldier's special attacks (which are good) with twice the PP pool, but even here his hopes are broken by the presence of the paladin – he can do exactly the same only he has an innate PP regeneration mechanism and an actually useful unique ability. He's incredibly weak and it's not like he adds anything interesting to the party, so I strongly suggest skipping him altogether.​

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343637903

agris

Arcane
Patron
And there's a lot of people ITT saying that the above isn't true, that the arcane soldier is their best melee character.

roshan

Arcane
I think there are lots of ways to build a character aside from level ups, so anyone taken good care of could be potentially awesome. :) My barbarian is powerful but unfortunately generally very boring. I find the bard a really boring character too - any interesting development paths for this class? I've got her as an archer and back of the line buffer for my main melee guys.

DemonKing

Arcane
I seem to be stuck near the beginning of the game at around level 5-6 - I can't grind because I got a message telling me that all the places near where I am have been cleared of monsters so my only options are to try and clear the mushrooms in the field, kill the troll or fight troops on the right map (the guys guarding the city near the arena are supposedly impossible for me whereas the others were "only" dangerous/challenging)). I've got a bunch of gold from the arena and got every blessing in the starter town but still can't kill either of these enemies. There's a tower and a gate to the north of the starter town but both need keys to enter which I don't have.

Any suggestions? I'm running a soldier, rogue, mage, cleric and bard.

cw8

Cipher
I seem to be stuck near the beginning of the game at around level 5-6 - I can't grind because I got a message telling me that all the places near where I am have been cleared of monsters so my only options are to try and clear the mushrooms in the field, kill the troll or fight troops on the right map (the guys guarding the city near the arena are supposedly impossible for me whereas the others were "only" dangerous/challenging)). I've got a bunch of gold from the arena and got every blessing in the starter town but still can't kill either of these enemies. There's a tower and a gate to the north of the starter town but both need keys to enter which I don't have.

Any suggestions? I'm running a soldier, rogue, mage, cleric and bard.

Go to Nabros which is the east area. Navigate around the Prince's hunting grounds where you'll find random encounters and a way into the first prince's castle through the Smoky Mountains in the north. Kill everything in there except the prince, whom you might or might not wanna kill before clearing the guards in Nabros for XP.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
And there's a lot of people ITT saying that the above isn't true, that the arcane soldier is their best melee character.

I want to make mage party.

2 mages, 2 AS and 1 cleric and galen.

I heard AS are very strong with burning dots.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Anyone cleared the Nabros hunting grounds? I grinded that a fair bit but never cleared the area. Very useful to gain a couple levels from 6-9 and decent drops. Never went back to see I'd I could rid the place entirely.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Unless you are playing on hardcore, you can skip clearling grounds.

roshan

Arcane
Anyone cleared the Nabros hunting grounds? I grinded that a fair bit but never cleared the area. Very useful to gain a couple levels from 6-9 and decent drops. Never went back to see I'd I could rid the place entirely.

I cleared the area, don't think there were that many encounters there.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

So far (level 9 or 10 with mine), he seems amazing on hardcore. I don't know what it's based on, but the damage from flame strike seems to scale up with you. I haven't put any points into it, except the initial point it starts with and it does amazing damage. My arcane soldier is standing on the front line with a bow that hits for 12 damage and the burning is around 8-10 usually. I put just a few points into armor, so he can wear some heavy armor, and he's amazing with the bow. You can shoot the guys in the back line with one burning shot each and they'll mostly burn to death while you pick off the guys in the front with any melee people you have. At only 4 PP per shot, it's an amazing deal. I wish I knew what made the damage scale. I put one point into the frost strike skill and I use that from time to time, but it costs 6 PP, I believe, so I don't use that one quite as much, but it does come in handy from time to time.

A lot of people say he's useless, so maybe the damage stops scaling at some point, but he does crazy amounts of damage at this point. Putting points into the strike skills seems like a bad deal, though. I think they cap at around 100 PP, and I don't think you'd ever have enough to use that round after round. I even have a flame strike book that I'm saving because it increases the PP cost from 4 to 6, I think, at level 2.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I am planning mage party Hardcore run. So far few people commented if this possible (why? noone tried mages in hardcore?)

my arcane soldiers will probably use swords (Bleed + Burn dot, at same time)

2 AS, galen
2 mages, cleric

Will this be viable?

cw8

Cipher
A lot of people say he's useless, so maybe the damage stops scaling at some point, but he does crazy amounts of damage at this point. Putting points into the strike skills seems like a bad deal, though. I think they cap at around 100 PP, and I don't think you'd ever have enough to use that round after round. I even have a flame strike book that I'm saving because it increases the PP cost from 4 to 6, I think, at level 2.

Mana cost for Flame Strike becomes ridiculous at one point especially when you don't put Energy for Arcane Soldier.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

Mana cost for Flame Strike becomes ridiculous at one point especially when you don't put Energy for Arcane Soldier.

People say - you shouldnt level skill past level 1.

Also if most damage comes from bleed + burn, high STR is not important, so probably you will go SPD+EN (sometimes SPD+CON & bodybuilding?).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom