Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

cw8

Cipher
I think I've now crossed the threshhold where I can kill 2 Yotuns at once, I did it a few times, the speed shrine in Karraga really helps. Btw, what items should be offered to the shrines? I bet there's rewards.

So far, I've only uncovered:
Amberian Diamond to Altar of Kersket in Varaskel Desert (+5 Con, fucking awesome since it adds substantial party carrying weight)
Golden Seed to Altar of Febret in Varagarn (+15 All Resist, great for later fights)
Book of Life to Altar of Alnaet in Sorrentia (+10 Power)

They're all permanent blessings.

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
I had a feeling those useless unique items might be useful, just didn't want to waste time grinding item suggestions...

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Right. Lvl 20. Got Meteor on 18 and things just soared. Killed the 2 witches and got some nice loots. Almost cleared all of Karagga too, nice touch was stumbling on the rear entrance to 2nd castle, lots of xp and stuff inside.
Mages are in in full armor, got more defense than the Gaulen dude who still sucks ass in combat but is the KING of skills.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Btw clearing the random ambush mobs in the 2nd castle gives a crapload of money, potions (mana, hp, elixirs) and a nice chunk of xp (around 850 per fight)

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hm.... guise, is Fireball spell worth it?

It does ok fire damage for it's cost, used it when I needed fire damage in the earlier levels. Though inferno really outshines it as an AOE fire spell.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Once again I'm finding it a bit hard to determine my next course of action. I've cleared the first temple (except for the Guardian) and killed the first prince. Now I have two maps fully explored, an impossible monster grouping blocking one path and another path to a desert that kills me in two moves with 70 damage.

My quest log isn't much help except that it looks like I still haven't been in "the prince's private chambers", but when I go to the castle, the mini-map looks live I've searched every nook and cranny of the map.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Have you tried going north/west from Sorrentia?

I stalk the night
Patron
It's the zone with the Arena and the Golden Forest. Past those much discussed mushrooms/the ogre guard.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's the zone with the Arena and the Golden Forest. Past those much discussed mushrooms/the ogre guard.

Hmm, I can't beat those yet (I'm level 8, I guess with decent die rolls I maybe could?) and I can't find areas to grind currently, seems like all of Nabros is clear p. much.

I stalk the night
Patron

Hmm, I can't beat those yet (I'm level 8, I guess with decent die rolls I maybe could?) and I can't find areas to grind currently, seems like all of Nabros is clear p. much.

You don't have to, you can get past the mushroom fields without fighting a single one of them. Just pay attention to their engagement range, which you can check by hovering over them.

V_K

Arcane
Thing is, there's a hint about that right there in the game. Two even - first an NPC in Velegarn who mentions something about an explorer, who found a safe way through the meadow; and then the note on the said explorer's corpse in the forest. And it's not like either of them is hard to find.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Thing is, there's a hint about that right there in the game. Two even - first an NPC in Velegarn who mentions something about an explorer, who found a safe way through the meadow; and then the note on the said explorer's corpse in the forest. And it's not like either of them is hard to find.

I am not at all denying the fact that I might be an idiot ;)

Reapa

Doom Preacher
that's it for me. lvl 20 and sick of the game. without a good story or good itemization the game is just a fucking chore. if you can't hope to find something awesome after going through a dungeon or solving some riddle or even doing a quest, what's the point of doing it in the first place? and don't give me challenging combat because it's not challenging at all. it's the same thing over and over again. it even gets worse when you get to fight monsters with immunities. the "challenge" get's reduced to whether you want to attack or not...

V_K

Arcane

Wait till you get to the Hall of Heroes. Now that's a puzzle that really screws you over with contradicting clues. Almost had to google the solution.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Wait till you get to the Hall of Heroes. Now that's a puzzle that really screws you over with contradicting clues. Almost had to google the solution.

Hall's problem is that the lore presented on the statues at times contradicts to what the statues actually are. It's much easier if you ignore the fluff and look only on their visuals.

V_K

Arcane

Hall's problem is that the lore presented on the statues at times contradicts to what the statues actually are. It's much easier if you ignore the fluff and look only on their visuals.
Not only on the statues, but in the hint scrolls too sometimes.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Lvl 24. Right, thats enough, no more.

It went from great to good to godawful. Continuing playing feels like a chore. Party itemisation sucks as well, only went with +xp% items, rest was pure white items with max def. All in all, a above average, but flawed game that need some serious work.

Time to play This War of Mine :)

Whiran

Magister
Don't worry, I knew about 'avoiding' the mushrooms and still kept running into them. So I just boosted up with all the blessings and kept trying to clear the things until I got lucky. Apparently, I don't know how to mouse navigate.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Don't worry, I knew about 'avoiding' the mushrooms and still kept running into them. So I just boosted up with all the blessings and kept trying to clear the things until I got lucky. Apparently, I don't know how to mouse navigate.

Nah, it's just that the movement controls in this game are pretty clunky. The whole thing is much easier if you move with the WASD, though - that way you can hover the mouse cursor over one mushroom, showing his threat range constantly.

Branm

Learned
I got a question: I'm running Explorer, Barbarian, Paladin, Arcane Soldier, Divine Summoner, Thief. I'm having trouble getting at enemies in the backline and so am considering putting Gaulen in the backline with my summoner and my Thief, meaning I'll have Gaulen and the Thief maining ranged weapons (probably the Thief on Shurikens).

Is this a good idea? Are ranged weapons good enough that this will hold?

While you are really early in the game, I'd suggest you reroll - Arcane soldier is just putrid. He's worse than both soldier and a mage and can do nothing properly. Also, Thief is a so-so backline choice - it's a waste of his 3.5 hp per level, sorta, and shurikens outperform the bows so much that, in really tough combats, you never want to use bows (if you want to reach someone vital, that is). And, if you pump up shurikens consistently, you should have very few problems with reach damage. Not to mention that in a 4-2 formation you can easily have two highly-offensive heralds, Valvet & Taliet (if you're not greedy and don't go for the Golot one - going for that one is interesting, though). Finally, you don't have a cleric and a party without a cleric will just get fucked up over and over in the second half of the game. Apart from Gaulen, cleric is the only mandatory class, pretty much.

I have to disagree with you on the arcane soldier. my party: soldier, mage, cleric, bard, explorer and arcane soldier. setup: 3-3. soldier, arcane soldier, explorer in the front. the arcane soldier does 35% of the combat dmg with about 1 or 2 skill levels of fire strike. and about 4-5 skill levels of bloody strike. he wields a sword and has high agility. bare in mind that he does not have to have much energy since empowered strikes cost next to nothing on low skill levels but improve with agility for some reason so even if the skill says you do 2-4 fire dmg on hit you get to do about as high as 12-16 fire dmg on hit and it burns like forever. give him a good sword and he kills some enemies one shot. plying on veteran and party lvl is about 17

Yeah I've found the same my Arcane Soldier by far my best single target damage dealer....No one else comes even close....I basically lvled no mage skills so far other then flaming strike. On bosses arcane soldier borderline op. When I killed the last witch (the 3rd one) my arcane soldier stacked up about 180ish burning and 30 bleed in a couple rounds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom