Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lords of Xulima II Development Update: More Casual Or More Hardcore?

Deleted Member 16721

Hehe. I've been insta-killed plenty in Elminage. But the resource management isn't as tight (IMO) as Xulima was for me. Plus the fact that you can teleport in and out of some dungeons when you get the spell kind of hurt the tense dungeon-crawling I experienced early on. Also, the game could really use an Ironman Mode like Xulima, because saving anywhere was another thing that made it easier. Of course, the RNG encounters now that spawn (insta-kill no question) would have to be tweaked to perhaps either be avoidable (Camouflage in Xulima) or not as nasty in general for an Ironman Mode to work. But I would welcome such a change to add back to the tense level exploration of the first 50 hours I experienced of the game.

And maybe a "cooldown" of sorts on the Diomente (teleportation) spell. You can teleport into the dungeon, but may have to crawl out, or move enough spaces to activate the spell again. Again, the game would need to be altered to accomodate it, but this would be a good addition I feel. And yes, I'm aware some dungeons don't allow Diomente. I would still like to see it a bit more carefully implemented in future 'crawlers.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Xulima has 100 gold crystals that work in every indoor and outdoor area in the game except a few late game ones that don't have any dangerous enemies anyways.

The escape spells are both high level and are either only usable once per level per character or can be used anywhere except for the most dangerous dungeons which are also incredibly long.

The only reason Gothic doesn't have any tense resource management is because the spells suck, and that's your resource.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom