Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of Xulima Hardcore/Ironman in 4K

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

Yo yo. Episode 17 is live and direct from YouTube! In this episode we continue exploring Castle Nengorth, "meet" and "interact" with an "important person" (wink, wink) and even explore a very crazy and unique place, the likes of which we haven't seen yet in the game! This episode is so crazy I can't contain myself!

Enjoy. :)

Deleted Member 16721

Forgot to update the thread, but Episodes 18 and 19 are up.

In this episode we cleanse a temple, fight a deadly Herald, throw something into a smoldering well with human souls leaking out of it, fight a tough Cursed Hounds encounter and start to explore Hadiros, the area west of Sorrentia. All in one episode!

In this episode we explore more of Hadiros, take on the Road Ogre and kill some random combatants in the Arena. Good times!

Deleted Member 16721

Landmark episode, Episode 20! Rock carving puzzles! Watch as I bumble around confused trying to figure it out! Top shelf entertainment here. :P

OH, and also, this.

^ Taking a peek at Celerity's mod, Deepest Dark. Spoiler - It's deep, and dark, and it's way too hard. :P Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted Member 16721

Copied this from my post on the 'Watch.

So, since I'm 20 episodes in I thought I'd share some thoughts up until this point in the game since I feel it has been opening up more.

The Arcane Soldier is a beast. As you can see, I am now focusing on her Frost Strike more and it is very effective at freezing enemies in their tracks. Meanwhile, I'm also focusing on Xafira, the Herald of Talaet, for my Divine Summoner. Xafira is a bow user that has an innate freezing ability as well (her bow strikes are ice-based). Between these 2 characters I am able to better manipulate the battles and control the turn-order more by freezing enemies who are about to attack and further drop them down the turn order. I also use my Mage to occasionally hit with a Shocking Touch when necessary for a stun, but he focuses basically on either fire (Sparks spell) or physical damage (Stone Arrow spell).

What else? The Arcane Soldier also is fairly strong in melee for us. Gaulen is sort of a lackluster attack character thus far but handy on the support end as his turn is usually the best time to use a supplemental item or scroll. My Thief is mastering shurikens which are also very powerful. They have a great attack thus far and also cause considerable bleed damage. My Cleric has been a pleasant surprise (which seems to be a thing in RPGs where I use Clerics! My Cleric in Elminage Gothic surprises me time and time again…) in that she can hit for solid damage as well as a healthy stun. All in all this gives me quite a few options for manipulating turn order and making up for what we lack in raw damage output with status-altering effects.

In terms of non-combat skills, Gaulen is very interesting. I am giving him Mercantilism as the economy has been one of toughest foes thus far. I also have given him quite a few points in both Camouflage and Knowledge of Herbs. Herbs for the obvious reason of collecting more, but Camouflage is also very useful to help manage random encounters. I am going to keep giving him points in Energy so he can Camouflage many times without having to rest or use a potion, which is also a good luxury to have. Next, I have started focusing him on Knowledge of Terrains as well. Any movement bonus to help reduce food cost is very important right now and this goes hand in hand with Mercantilism to help save gold in the long run. More points in this skill will allow you to have a few more gold pieces for other essentials.

My Thief is mostly Perception, Trap Disarming and Lockpicking. Nothing too crazy there. I always try to get her at least a point of each in each level up as she is the best at spotting traps. A slightly underrated side effect of Perception is also the occasional random finds. She seems to find quite a few pouches full of gold and those are always most welcome. :) In combat terms I also focus on her Evasion and Speed a bit as I hope to make her a 4th front-line character who can make up for her lack of raw Defense with a good Evasion.

Any questions for me regarding this stuff? I have played further but I really only want to talk about what I've done up to this, Episode 20, so I won't go into details about later in the game. But you might be able to see a definite strategy developing at this point. :)

Deleted Member 16721

Keep forgetting to update the threads with my new videos. Here is Episode 21, where I figure out the rock carving puzzle and explore an entirely new map. Ch-ch-check it out!

Episode 22 is up, too. In this one we spend a couple hours deep in the Living Forest of Odendros, a forest where living trees try to murder anything that moves. We in turn murder them first before they can get us!

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 23 is up, and it features a bunch of random odds-and-ends fightin', a Riddle Imp, and a journey back to fight mushrooms that were once ferocious and fierce and are now, well, not as much so! (Strong feeling of progression in full effect. :) )

Deleted Member 16721

Chugging along with Episode 24. This one features exploration in the snowy region known as Karraga, home to giant snow ogres called Yotums! Fighting them is pretty fun and the travel is treacherous in this area, so drink a warm cup of cocoa and join me as I bunker down in this snowy episode!

Deleted Member 16721

The giveaway is done. Thanks for those who entered and checked out the videos and the Steam group! More Xulima coming soon. Much more. Just uploading a bit slower lately. :)

Deleted Member 16721

Yo! Been a few, but here is Episode 26. Episodes will be regularly uploaded again, and something special is coming soon as a sort of B-side for my channel. Stay tuned. :)

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 27 is up! We explore a mausoleum with weird floating skulls everywhere, and then do some exploring and fighting. Check it out. :)

Deleted Member 16721

Ep 29 is up and it's a pretty good one. I thoroughly explore Khorinil's castle, chat with the dude and more. I was listening to the audio of this episode without video and noticed the writing/dialogue was really dope when chatting with Khorinil. Great lore in the game as well. Might be overlooked in that regard.

Hope y'all enjoy!

Trash Player

Scholar
Tried Celerity's Deepest Dark yet? I find the masochistic resource management addictive. Possibly like you and Celerity, I am also retarded in Codex terms.

Deleted Member 16721

Nothing retarded about enjoying resource management in RPGs. I've tried Deepest Dark, but not much of it yet. Will likely upload videos for that series in the future (you can find the first Deepest Dark episode on my channel. I'll link it here.)

Deleted Member 16721

Keep forgetting to update the thread. Episodes 30 and 31 are up. Also have another giveaway going for a copy of Lords of Xulima and one for Wasteland 2: Director's Cut.

Ep. 30. Taking another crack at the sweet-talking Prince Khornil and hunting down a Witch, aka one of the Four Sisters. The Witch is a new type of "dungeon type", I guess you could call it. A neat thing about Xulima is that there are several different types of "dungeons" that have different design principles and ideas. Towers, temples, mausoleums, witch cabins, etc.. Witch cabins tend to just have a Witch boss, a demon encounter and some traps. The cabins are very small as well. But still a fun little quest to do. :)

Ep. 31. I'm all over the place in this one. Lots of Karraga exploration, i.e. the northwest snowy area.

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 32 is up. Exploring a mausoleum in Karraga and more exploration in that area. Good stuff! :)

Deleted Member 16721

The Hardcore Ironman continues! Ep. 33 and it's a good one. We finish up Khorinil's Castle and then head to the nearest Temple. Some great exploration and good fights abound, so check me out right here, yo!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom