Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of Xulima Hardcore/Ironman in 4K

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

Yeah, I'll do the quests and clear out the areas before moving on. The nice thing is that you can clear the areas of encounters and get a bonus for doing so.

I must have forgotten the other NPC looking for the missing person. I'll double check tonight when I play.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
LOX-MAP.jpg

Fluent's LP "Lords of Xulima"
A plot summary, this is just some basic background info. No spoilers. And I won't provide this narration again unless Fluent wants me to. And I can also remove this if he feels it provides too much.

This is the story so far as has been accounted by the protagonist Gaulen. Gaulen hails from the isle of Brina, far from the great war that is raging on the continent of Rodinia. With no help from the Gods the prayers of those barely suriviving in war torn Rodinian lands begin to question the vigilance of the Lords (the Creaters, the Gods).

In his dreams Gaulen was visited by Golot, the Lord of dreams known as the Architect. He tells Gaulen that the God Yul, the Guardian of Souls, has been gaining power over the other Lords of Xulima. Golot's mission for Gaulen is to travel to the island of Xulima (land of the Lords) and eradicate the evil that is plaguing the temples. Only then can the Lords aid in the struggles of men and prevent war from spreading outside of Rodinia.

Gaulen sets sail with his allies and after two weeks finally arrives on the shores of Xulima, the land of the creators. Once on shore Gaulen discovers an amulet that allows him to communicate with Golot's messenger which gives him not only wisdom his quest needs, but also various other services to aid him on his mission. The first town Gaulen discovers is Velegarn, which is under the protection of Prince Nengorth. It dawns on Gaulen that the town, and much of Xulima has fallen on dark times and that the local temples are being used as prisons.

The weapon master, Galvan, recants the recent history of Xulima. He tells the heroes of a great king Artherion who was by all accounts immortal. However once the Lords departed for unknown reasons Artherion's lifeforce began to dissipate as well leaving behind his four sons to rule over Xulima. Once in power the four princes tormented the population and imprisoned in temples any of those who worshiped the Lords. Gaulen feels his soul quest is to liberate the temples and end the Princes reign of terror. By doing so the Lords will again have the means to save Rodinia. Galvan tells Gaulen if he wishes to learn more about the princes that he should travel to the Golden Woods and speak to the hermit Odred.

*The 9 Lords: Alnaet, Yul, Golot, Febret, Raznet, Kersket, Nalaet, Taliet, Valvet

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

That is cool, Barnabas. Feel free to continue if you'd like.

Deleted Member 16721

Hey. Episode 4 is up. We explore north of Velegarn and find some new enemies and cool stuff on the beach.

Hope y'all enjoy.

Deleted Member 16721

Yes yes y'all! Episode 5 is up. Sorry for the delay. I'm working with tight hard drive space, long upload times and trying to balance all of that while still having time to play the game! Hope y'all enjoy!

Deleted Member 16721

Hey now. Episode 6 is up. In this episode we explore more of the Sporia Forest, uncover a bit of area northeast of Velegarn, find an interesting statue and more. Hope you enjoy!

Deleted Member 16721

Yo! Episode 7 is up. In this episode we take the law into our own hands since we are officially tired of being taxed to enter town. Check it out if you like. :positive:

Deleted Member 16721

Dang. Forgot to post that I uploaded Episode 8 a couple days ago. In this episode we kill dinosaurs, giant nasty chickens and more! Nabros Forest is crazy. Enjoy!

Deleted Member 16721

What's up? So, I've talked to YouTube about the 4K option not showing up yet and their engineers are apparently working on it. Cool! In the meantime here is another episode exploring more of Nabros Forest. Slow start to the LP in terms of exploring new areas and my grasp of the mechanics, etc., but it does pick up soon, I promise. :)

Deleted Member 16721

Yes yes, y'all! Episode 10 is up. We explore more of the Mushroom Kingdom and find a few surprises (Imps…!?!?). Also try to clear out Nabros Forest even though I don't have any idea what I'm doing (spoiler - I figure it out later
tongue2.gif
). Come for the combat, stay for the commentary!

Enjoy.
smiley2.gif

Deleted Member 16721

I got a little behind im going to catch up tonight

Good stuff. :)

Episode 11 is up. I have a lot of new episodes to upload, but have to make them one at a time due to hard drive space limitations. Lots of adventure in Episode 11 though so definitely check it out.

Deleted Member 16721

Artifacts, towers and traps, oh my! (Episode 12)

:)

boobio

Arcane
Trigger Warning Shitposter
Ah, my apologies. I forgot the 'Codex prefers text/screenshot LPs. Well, I'll keep this thread updated with the video LP for anyone who is into the video format. If not, that's cool, too.

I would consider doing a text/screenshot LP to go along with the videos, but they already take me a long time to create. Not only do I have to play the game, but then I have to mix the audio afterwards (I record the narration separately so I can make it sound better in post-processing), mux the video and audio together and then upload what is at the very least a 20 gb file.

In the future I'll consider doing a text/screenshot-bas bully you with there hate speeched LP.
Don't let these gay homosexuals bully you with their hate speech! You made the right decision.

Text/screenshot LP's take too much time put together and are mostly inferior to Video LP's.

Deleted Member 16721

Text/screenshot LP's take too much time put together and are mostly inferior to Video LP's.

I see the merits in both. I enjoy playing RPGs and yammering on about the game as I'm playing so naturally I like to do the Video LPs. Text ones seem like they would take a lot of time to make especially at a high level of detail. Also, I forget to take screenshots even for games I review. I need to drill that screenshot hotkey into my head already. :)

Deleted Member 16721

Hey yo! Episode 13 is up and it's a doozy. We try to clear the Tower of Melancholy, which apparently houses a Divine Artifact. Along the way we find some pretty nasty traps, navigate a maze trap, solve a fairly simple puzzle (and then later figure out a second caveat to the puzzle that does something fun :) ), and perhaps even fight a boss monster... :)

Hope you enjoy! :)

Deleted Member 16721

So, while I continue this video LP, I might as well ask for future reference for some tips in a text-based LP. Does the Codex like these because they are shorter to read and highlight certain points? Tips, please, as I'd like to perhaps give it a shot in a future LP.

My one concern with text-based is the sheer amount of rambling and detail I'd probably end up doing. I like the little things in RPGs and could write a bunch about them. My text LP may be longer than my videos! +M

Deleted Member 16721

Ep 14 is live! I apologize if these episodes are really slow, but at this point in the LP I am really slow. In other words, a comfort level with the game is slowly developing, but this is still very much a "Blind" LP. If only JRPG Eyedrops existed in real life...

Still, hope someone gets something out of it. Enjoy! :positive:

Deleted Member 16721

Oh snap!! My earlier videos in this LP are now showing in 2160p60 on YouTube! Thank you, YouTube engineers!! :)

So, if you have a 4K monitor and internet capable of streaming 4K content, feel free to check 'em out. The game is not a graphical superpower, but it does have really nice art, detailed graphics and looks sharp and crisp in 4K. Enjoy! :)

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 15 is up. We explore unseen areas of Nabros Forest and get very close to storming Castle Nengorth. That shouldn't be too far away now. :)

Enjoy!

Deleted Member 16721

Yo. First thing I want to ask is, Can I Get Down!? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzRVf6DjiN0 :)

Next thing I want to say is that Episode 16 is live! I ike this episode because we start to explore our first castle in the game, Castle Nengorth. We deal with new enemy type encounters (like Bards playing flutes!), navigate the area with deadly traps abound and get some good old-fashioned RPG exploration in, finding some interesting loot, rooms and unexpected surprises in the castle. Check it out!

cpmartins

Cipher
Holy shit man. You're playing in the highest difficulty, plus Ironman and you're not even minmaxing?
Kudos to you. I'm gonna keep an eye out for it.

Deleted Member 16721

Holy shit man. You're playing in the highest difficulty, plus Ironman and you're not even minmaxing?
Kudos to you. I'm gonna keep an eye out for it.

Hey there. :) Yeah, I jumped right in on Hardcore Ironman. I played the game for the first time recently for about an hour and a half on Old-School Veteran difficulty (the middle difficulty), and got wreckt a bunch. So naturally I said, "Let's start a "blind" LP on Hardcore Ironman and put it on YouTube!", which of course is the smart, logical thing to do. :D

So far, so good. The game is brutal at times but I also make many mistakes as I don't know much about the game systems or anything. I learn a lot as I go, though, and hopefully future episodes show some learning progress as well. :)

Thanks for checking it out! Many more episodes to come. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom