Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

Mortmal

Arcane
My first impressions of this are really good,seems a mix of albion and wizardry.Fights are already better than might and magic X as theres a clever use of the rows, not only you can place your characters on two rows but they cant hit everything when on the edge unless you use long range or polearms. Status debuff dots, stuns, its really good blobber combat with tactical depth.
What do you guys are using as party setup ? Ive put the explorer , soldier, paladin and rogue(really good evasion) on front row, explorer and rogue with range and cleric+ mage in back row, seems to works good so far.
I wasnt expecting much at that low price of 16$ but its shaping out to be a true rpg.

Can you only have two guys in the back row or did you just decide to not have more?

I chose to as the explorer and rogue have very good evasion , the paladin can cast an aura of healing, so its ok to spread out damage on 4 character. The lowest hp in my party are mage and cleric so in the back row .As cwagner said you could put 4 in the backrow only if you had 4 on front. I dont know yet if you can fill up the party with npc or summons.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Not going to touch the beta but I enjoy the artstyle of the trailer. Trying not to get too stoked for the release of this game since that usually leads to unmet expectations; I hope the gameplay delivers.

mettalhed

Educated
No, i also think it looks good.

I'm glad you can run. If you had to walk at the speed shown in the trailer all the time i would get very frustrated. Same issue i had with Eschalon.

Combat looks fun but the animations seem a bit slow. Maybe add an option to adjust combat animation speed? A slider would be perfect. I'm not sure how hard that would be to implement though.

Looks great otherwise. Hope it's successful.
Agree. 3 combat speeds can be selected through the white dots on the left of the combat status UI:
2014_08_07_00003.jpg
Popular feedback is that it's a little 'too discreet', or at least needs to be documented better. On the list of improvements to make.

Sweet! Will buy at some point. Broke at the moment unfortunately. It's nice to see more devs trying something unique. Keep up the good work.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Small update:
Project Update #28: Lords of Xulima is now Available on Steam!
Posted by Numantian Games ♥ Like

Greetings!
This is a quick update to announce that finally Lords of Xulima is available on Steam as Early Access. The price is $16.99, as it is not yet the full game, which will eventually increase. You are invited to visit our Steam Store Page, as well as write reviews and leave comments in the discussion forum. Thank you to all that have already written awesome comments and reviews praising Lords of Xulima. You are the best!!

Added Steam Features!
We have implemented some of the Steam features such as Trading Cards. There is one card for every one of the Nine Xulnari, cool Badges and emoticons, and some backgrounds. There are also 13 new achievements and we will eventually be adding some more. By the way, there is one called, "The Lord of Xulima" which you get when you finish the game in Hardcore mode, (good luck guys...)

Next Goals!
Here is what we have in our list of tasks for the next big update:

• Unlock the rest of regions: Rasmura, Devonia, Vilak, Varas Talak and the western part of Nagira.
  • Include the awesome talking artifact, "The Talisman of Golot". But be careful because it was created by the same God as the one who created the Talking Skulls in the Towers of Sorcery. If you have entered in one of those towers, you will know what I am speaking about...
  • MAC and Linux port, installer and Steam integration.
If you like Lords of Xulima please share it with your friends, and mention it in forums or in your social networks. Anything you can do to spread the word counts, we really appreciate your help.

See you soon!

GO BUY IT PEOPLE!! :obviously:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
This game is making me seriously question my usual approach on not playing early access games until they are finished, I want to play this so badly :D

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This game is making me seriously question my usual approach on not playing early access games until they are finished, I want to play this so badly :D
You should wait a bit. The game's huge and they are still making changes to the class balance and skills. I'm 40 hours in and the latest patch made me want to create a new party. :3

Mortmal

Arcane
You should wait a bit. The game's huge and they are still making changes to the class balance and skills. I'm 40 hours in and the latest patch made me want to create a new party. :3

The wise thing is to wait indeed, but the wise thing to do is boring... The saves will be compatible with final version anyway. As for wanting to create new party, its inevitable, i still dont have any idea how good mine will be in a few levels.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Installing now. Any non-spoiler newb pointers?

imweasel

I got a fucking hard on during the presentation. That almost never happens.

This is gonna be fucking good, I just know it.

Cromwell

Arcane

Just give in.

Just got home and bought it right away, price is good. There is no manual in the steamfiles or have I overlooked something? Where do I go for Infos on what does what and with what percentage? Forum?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I made my party and explored a bit, walking through the first town and then running into mushrooms and dying.
It's intuitive and most things have right-click info pop-ups. No manual needed, really.

Cromwell

Arcane
On the risk of beeing an idiot... How many seconds is one turn? 1/1?

Mortmal

Arcane

The toll you pay to the guards.. its renewed every few days , the game always find a way to take away your hard earned gold . Playing in classic is already very hard and i have to rest and waste precious supplies after each fights.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

The toll you pay to the guards.. its renewed every few days , the game always find a way to take away your hard earned gold . Playing in classic is already very hard and i have to rest and waste precious supplies after each fights.
buying food from vendors is bullshit too. I had a millimeter from full 2 days. bought 2 days of food thinking it would give me a total of 4. I got 1 millimeter of food for 150g or whatevs.
jews.

Mortmal

Arcane

buying food from vendors is bullshit too. I had a millimeter from full 2 days. bought 2 days of food thinking it would give me a total of 4. I got 1 millimeter of food for 150g or whatevs.
jews.

That land of xulima could be a mythological land of ancient jews indeed, even removing status effect cost ton of golds, and you get them after a simple rat or spider bites.Could have expected the priestress to heal you for free since you are on a divine mission.Dont even think to buy equipment either its just there for the show.

Mortmal

Arcane
Well at least it's a change from almost every other game that has you swimming in gold...

Yes but in this case its the exact opposite you cant pay for the basic need of your party , and right now removing status cursed from my party negate all the loot gathered, so you level up but cant equip yourself nor buy food. Some hounds auto ambush you after a few days, and theres more of them later, my party could barely cope with one, now theres two and its auto , unavoidable ambush, cursed staus for all the front row , one shot the back row mage. Honestly its bordeline unplayable, have to reload to get good dices a lot of time.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Git gud ;)

Seriously, balance on classic is okay. Yeah, money is fairly tight and there's some back-and-forth runs to town to heal your party (at least with my hoarder playstyle), but I've never had the kind of experience that you describe. No idea how or why you'd have any problems with the hounds either.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
If you're having that much trouble now, restart on filthy CASUAL, because it only gets harder after the first temple...

Mortmal

Arcane
Git gud ;)

Seriously, balance on classic is okay. Yeah, money is fairly tight and there's some back-and-forth runs to town to heal your party (at least with my hoarder playstyle), but I've never had the kind of experience that you describe. No idea how or why you'd have any problems with the hounds either.
Hound spawn, lightning on mage or cleric = one instant death , thats the kind of problem i get, and the mage is the only real damage dealer, rogue and explorer with bows do a feeble 5 by turn if they it and tis a big if, paladin 7 , and soldier about same excpet the special attack doing 20. Problem is they can spawn on you any time even if you are already afflicted with other status and fatal wounds. So no balance is not fine.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sounds like you fucked up your party stats/composition pretty bad. Your damage really should be higher by the time you start encountering 2 hounds at once. I've been playing the game for about two weeks already, and like I said I've been doing just fine.

If you had any money to spare, which it sounds like you don't, I would advise you to buff your party with +5 CON and +5 AGI. That can make a world of difference in the early game.

Or maybe you should just follow felipe's advice and turn the difficulty down a notch.

Mortmal

Arcane
No i did not fuck up stats, too easy to say that .I keep putting agi on casters, no effect on that lightning spell , then energy , alittle bit of con could help of course. That doesnt explain the low damage output on other characters.Mage is dealing most of the damage .

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A well-balanced economy always follows a snowball model. The more you invest into permanent boons like equipment, the less you'll have to pay in food & healing. Vice-versa, overlook equipment (and efficient buffs like blessings) and you'll find yourself constantly starved.

Game needs to explain this better (as in, invest what you have early into equipment). That's feedback which might be useful to see on Steam forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom