Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of the Fallen - Dark Souls clone from City Interactive

Explorerbc

Arcane
This is most probably an action game - slasher in the likes of Darksiders etc

Also yeah, City Interactive are notorious for the shovelware they publish, but lately they appear to have been making efforts to produce some decent games.

Obviously a Dark Souls / Witcher / Zelda / whatever hybrid sounds too good to be true, but it has the potential to be a fun game at least.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
All these new thirdperson hack'n slashes with tactifuckingcool combat rolling. Where do they come from and why isn't anyone doing anything to stop this shit...

Tytus

Arcane
All these new thirdperson hack'n slashes with tactifuckingcool combat rolling. Where do they come from and why isn't anyone doing anything to stop this shit...

A former senior producer of Witcher 2 is working on this one, so you shouldn't be suprised that it's a rolling simulator :troll:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
- So mr. publisher I have this awesome, never before heard, idea: AAA grimdark action fantasy slasher game like God Of War,story like the witcher dragon age and... combat like Dark Souls !

- Dark what ?

- Dark Souls ! It's the game everyone says has the best action melee combat ever.

- It wont be too hard though, right ?

- No way ! It will be easy to roll away from the danger !

- Will this bring me lotsa moneyz ?

- Sure, there will be something in this game for everyone !

- Good. Just be sure to make it very flashy and shit, so the kids will like it.

Thus+the+++quot+SPOILER+ALERT+quot+right+at+the+top+of+_e762417b2f9a809fc85a1ee1dbf400b1.jpg
*Sigh* It doesn't work that way...

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

A former senior producer of Witcher 2 is working on this one, so you shouldn't be suprised that it's a rolling simulator :troll:

xx4Hetb.gif

:I want to be like Geralt:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Gozma

Arcane
You know, even more than the gigantic shoulderpad thing WoW made an unassailably permanent video game aesthetic, I hate the cinderblock-on-a-stick warhammer. When I was a wee nerd medieval weapons and armor were cool because they were pictures in a book that still made physical sense, that you could imagine holding, wearing, swinging. Now you watch a 3D model wear impossible armor and swing insane shit that could not actually work that way.

kris

Arcane
Blade of Darkness? You got it, but we gotta go deeper... Our inspiration is also Moonstone for Amiga. And I'm not even kidding you.

Moonstone had that silly/funny death animations that can't really be copied with modern graphics... it would look to graphic.

I know you ain't talking about that, but then again, I don't know what you actually are inspired by from it.

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/l...iew-bandai-namco-s-dark-souls-understudy.aspx

Trying too hard. Coming from the fine potato folks that brought us Sniper 2 something shitgame and that other studio that made shit adventure games.

Bandai Namco I'm disappoint.

Am I the only one who wanted one of the player characters who came in after a death to be bigger than the opponent? Or even better, after killing that guy, have a new version of him enter the battlefield. Just have it be a 1 on 1 deathmatch simulator with customizable or random(weapons, size, strength, agility) new challengers appearing ad infinitum. I mean it wouldn't be an RPG, but was Darksiders?

norolim

Arcane
Combat presentation from CD Action Expo - a boss battle:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom