Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of the Fallen - Dark Souls clone from City Interactive

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron

This is the new shit

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I couldn't give two fucks about the story. Gameplay looks fun and I'll buy it on console.

Athelas

Arcane
This looks like Dark Souls alright...if the curse of the Hollow was replaced with the curse of Giant Shoulderpad Syndrome.

At one point, that boss was slashing at thin air when the player had already dodged back to the otther side of the room, which doesn't exactly bode well for the combat.

Last edited:

Stonewolf

Augur
Seems like a warcraftified Dark Souls. Worth a try I guess once we are done with the DLCs.

However, what the fuck is this

• Minimum:
    • OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (only 64 bit OSs
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 460 or better
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers

• Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 ti or better

Really?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
If it has exploration and atmosphere on the level of DS1 I'll give it a shot.
of course it won't
Why not?
Just watch the videos bro. It's obvious - the atmosphere is not eery/dark/depressive. The levels are linear castles/catacombs. There will be one hub, where you take quests and complete them on those levels etc.
That doesn't mean that it doesn't have exploration or atmosphere. In fact, it seems that the game has a great atmosphere. Is true that is different from DS1 (Darksiders vibe !?) but why not give them a chance.
made wanted DS1 atmosphere and exploration, there won't be DS1 level of those. I do not say the game is shit. I just stated it's not dark souls.
That's pretty obvious. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: Is not even close to DaS or DeS.

Last edited:

Old Hans

Arcane
Hey gang! if you couldn't get enough big armored boss dude action in Dark Souls II Rise of the Fallen has you covered!

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Fucking hell you incessant whiners. Any game that labels itself as hardcore has my attention, yet this one most notably claims to be a hardcore RPG! Sure it looks like a Dark Souls clone but there is bound to be some surprises.
Is that really a bad thing that this is heavily inspired by DS anyway? Dark Souls is one of few modern games that deserved it's popularity and success.

As for the inclination/declination label, we'll have to wait and see. Prove them wrong, TomGop.

Cool name

Arcane
Gigantic dude with heavy armor and huge weapons with wide arcs = Noob Souls.

Real Dark Souls is all about bare hand parrying with a no poise and 10 Vit Chosen Undead. :obviously:

And Dagger +0.

Baby Soulz, they should rename the game.

Alfons

Prophet
Obviously youtube makes it look worse but why the fuck does this game needs 8gigs of ram?
Also the videos are great! I especially like that the devs and the interviewer keep jerking themselves.

Sinatar

Arbiter
Obviously youtube makes it look worse but why the fuck does this game needs 8gigs of ram?
Also the videos are great! I especially like that the devs and the interviewer keep jerking themselves.

It's a console game, both the consoles it's coming out for have 8 GB of RAM, so they are just straight porting it over to PC.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Despite their efforts to turn me off the game with that trailer, I am still interested. Nice try, Gop!

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
However, what the fuck is this

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 460 or better

• Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 ti or better

Really?
Really.
Little too late, but it's just next gen.
Recommended setup uses multithreading, minimal is a quadcore. Pretty much every new 3d game will have similar requirements for the next 2-3 years, then octacores will probably become standard. Also note that GPU isn't excessively good nor expensive $100 R7 260 beats GTX 560 Ti in performance.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Man, that was a really boring and bad boss fight. Enemy is dumb as hell, and every attack he does gives you hours to attack him back... also, PC is 100% invincible during the entire rolling animation, what a bullshit.

The more they show us about this game, the worst it looks.

polo

Magister
Yup, but who knows. Does this have different difficulty levels?

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This doesn't look hardcore at all.
I want my money back!
Oh right ... I want my time wasted on watching this retarded adolescent boys fantasy bullshit back!
I hate hate hate the art design.
:x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom