Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Looks like Pillars of Eternity 2 is going to be officially announced soon

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
You mean, the structure of PoE narrative was blatantly plagiarized from NWN2, MotB and Kotor 2? You bet it did. Did anyone notice this? No, of course not.

2house2fly

Magister
Yet to play the others but nothing in PoE strikes me as being plagiarised from KOTOR2. Except for the woman who disguises herself with a glamour and manipulates people's minds and the man whose life is defined by having survived setting off a superweapon, both written by Chris Avellone in a staggering coincidence.

2house2fly

Magister
The main one I can think of is the idea of religion in a world where God is real- the Force with jedi as its worshippers in KOTOR2, and the gods in PoE. In both I guess it's used as a metaphor for The Establishment stifling people and channelling them down a path it has "planned" for them, but Pillars goes further with the revelation that the establishment itself was created by humans and exists to serve human ends.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
New teaser is up

xgWfjGS.jpg

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I wish they didn't go down that road of the gods being manufactured. It was too frigging early for that.

The revelation that two gods who hate each other conspired to kill another would have been good.

And never going up against the Leaden Key but letting them remain in the shadows as some legend like organization, pulling the strings of society bit by bit would have been a better way to deal with shit.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I wish they didn't go down that road of the gods being manufactured. It was too frigging early for that.

The revelation that two gods who hate each other conspired to kill another would have been good.

And never going up against the Leaden Key but letting them remain in the shadows as some legend like organization, pulling the strings of society bit by bit would have been a better way to deal with shit.

This is what I choose to believe.

DeepOcean

Arcane

Major problem of PoE storyline is exactly that, jumping the gun way too early, as a result alot of stuff is presented way too quick and you reach at the end without having digested anything. I mean, their focus should be an introductory story to their setting happening on Defiance Bay and Twin Elms, they always could explore this gods were manufactured thing later but well... too late for that. Now that they blew up their big lore reveal, they will be forced to come up with something bigger as going for a lower stake sequel of a story where you dealt with the whole fucking pantheon of the setting on the previous game is quite strange.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Well, traveling beyond deadfire archipelago is supposedly impossible due to monsters and such. It could lead to a whole new continent series being explored and developed.

2house2fly

Magister
It's easy to say they should have done a low-key story befitting the first entry of a series now that the game is out and sold like a million copies, but it could just as easily have sank like a stone and been the only entry. No point saving the good shit for later if later never comes.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
They funded so goddamn quickly, they could have quickly reworked the story into something tighter, more concise, and to the point.
Learning that two gods are working together behind the scenes to kill a third is not low key.

2house2fly

Magister
I don't mean the kickstarter, obviously they didn't have the story written then.

That said, the big reveal being that Eothas was killed to prevent him putting a stop to Thaos's plans would have been cool, have the hook going into the next game be "what did Thaos want to protect so much that he'd kill a god over it?" and end the next game with this one's reveal.

Sizzle

Arcane
I'd say Old Vailia is much more likely. Aedyr is still the most powerful country around.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Yet to play the others but nothing in PoE strikes me as being plagiarised from KOTOR2. Except for the woman who disguises herself with a glamour and manipulates people's minds and the man whose life is defined by having survived setting off a superweapon, both written by Chris Avellone in a staggering coincidence.

Thinking about KOTOR 2 made cry a little bit and wilt inside. When you think that whole fucking Obsidian couldnt fucking come up with a better lore than Star wars. Man was it that fucking hard...

Prime Junta

Hey there's a countdown timer on the teaser page. Was it always there?

duanth123

Arcane

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
What exactly am I butthurt about?

Just Infinitron being a passive aggressive bitch who's substituted actual thought for little buttons.

He does it in every Obsidian/InXile thread.

aliens.png
"It was Aliens" x 1
Infinitron

rating_butthurt.png
butthurt x 1
Infinitron

Many people do that here, but the little cunt (whom I cannot put on ingnore, because of IT limitations) is especially obnoxious. Anyway, there should be a "Call-out" button to instantly call out retards with stupid buttons. If you can't justify - don't push. I believe that these "rating" buttons gave retards chance to retaliate without having to say anything of value.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom