Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Looking for a game I saw last year similar to TES games

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I found a game last year that was like TES games but made by an indie company and had procedural generated dungeons and land.Its not "Frontiers" either and isnt a Kickstart.

They had a website and demo ,I think.

I want this game now and cant find it anywhere using key words on google and I have no clue what it was called.

Help... Thanks.

Comes across as old school-ish. Nice find. I like the bent towards procedural contents.

It says the world isn't randomly generated but it's infinite. Umm, can someone clarify what that means? If something is infinite then no man woman or child on this planet would be able to make it. So if it's not made by man woman or child then wth made it?

Or do they mean hte geography and dungeon LAYOUTS are handcrafted, but their contents are random?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Comes across as old school-ish. Nice find. I like the bent towards procedural contents.

It says the world isn't randomly generated but it's infinite. Umm, can someone clarify what that means? If something is infinite then no man woman or child on this planet would be able to make it. So if it's not made by man woman or child then wth made it?

Or do they mean hte geography and dungeon LAYOUTS are handcrafted, but their contents are random?
My guess is: The world is procedurally generated the same way as Minecraft, Daggerfall etc. Some mathematic algorithm is given a value, the 'seed' (presumably a big integer) and computes the various assets of the world according to the seed. For example, if you have your computer build two minecraft worlds with the exact same seed, both worlds will be a carbon copy of each other, because in the world building process everything is deterministic. Only the initial seed is (pseudo-)random.
I guess it is the same here, with the difference that there will be no different seeds but every player will get a world generated from the same parameters. This allows inclusion of partially handcrafted geography as well.

On another note - I am always puzzled when the codex is raging about post processing effects... but the amount of bloom in this game just gave me eye aids.

Game looks way too simplistic for my tastes. Like a turn-based Eye Of The Beholder with just one character.

Last edited:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hm. Thought so. Will keep an eye on this hoping it gets better. But honestly, developers explicitly asking not to report bugs seem dodgy as fuck.

Yet another game that is going to remain pre-alpha.

Like the new Realms of Arkania.

EDIT: Either way, still adding it to my wishlist in case it ever does reach full release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom