Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Long Play - Dark Souls

toroid

Arcane
From what i saw till now i dont think hes playing online. no invasions to worry about.
He was online. You could see when other players were kindling their bonfire. (Estus gift effect.)

Perkel

Arcane
nope i play offline. GFWL worked for me once and then it broke. From that point i created new offline profile.

edit:

GFWL is biggest piece of shit i have ever seen.

toroid

Arcane
Correction: When I mentioned the Wanderer set earlier I was actually thinking about the Shadow set. You find it before the Iaito in early Blighttown. The poison resistance stat of the Shadow set is excellent, almost as good as the Pyromancer's set.

Perkel

Arcane
Oh i remember that one. I got it when i was playing on PS3. Awesome looking and very light.

toroid

Arcane
nope i play offline.

Oops. The video I linked that showed the location of the Spider Shield showed the "Estus gift effect" that only happens online. I got yours and his mixed up.
Anyways. My point about the invader thing still stands.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
nope i play offline. GFWL worked for me once and then it broke. From that point i created new offline profile.

edit:

GFWL is biggest piece of shit i have ever seen.

I wonder when they replace that shit with steamworks. I heard it GFWL will be dropped in july but nope they still use that shit ...

Perkel

Arcane
I guess Scamco should be now thankful for those crackers distributing xliveless.dll. Though lack of online aspect will cripple game.

Perkel

Arcane
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 011 - Sen's Fortress
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sen's fortress. This gone rather well. Love design of it but from lore side of things its imo place for sake of place. I mean if this is the way which people go to Anor Londo then how the fuck it is death trap. Lizard men also are good difficulty spike. Their placement in some cases is really well done like that serpent lizards behind or in unreachable places throwing lightning bolts not giving you time to think.

Upper part with those dudes hurling stone balls filled with fire is very interesting. Sure area is small but at the same time it packs ton of stuff. I mean balders, archer, two big dudes hurling those fireballs, armored dude and Ricard i believe + vendor and shortcut.

Being archer really did help me with both of those above. Serpents were target for my arrows and giant above couldn't fit into corridor which means it was also target practice dummy.

Iron Tarkus is confirmed to be awesome NPC.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Sens fortress is great area full of secrets. Spend a while exploring it. You found almost all i know of. There are few you didnt for example if you jump through windows you were looking out at 22:22 there is ring of slumbering dragoncrest in area bellow.

There are four headless demonic statues on ground floor three can be sniped from above first is visible at 11:20, two are bellow prison area with Logan. To avoid fall damage drop to ground floor from platform near cage lift but first snipe three Snakeman priests guarding it. ground floor is covered in tar which slows down the statues last one is easy kill with rusty iron ring equiped.

I think there is a secret path to the balldroping giant you sniped but i didnt find it.

What mod changes the xbox buttons to ps3 gamepad like buttons in menus ?

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah i noticed those headless demons below. I though it is only for those axes swinging around so once you will fall down they will finish job.
As for that giant you just need to jump near that place with vendor with less than 25% equip load.

here is mod. I am playing on PS3 pad with motionjoy.

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/200

Perkel

Arcane
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 012 - Anor Londo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought being archer would deal with those two fuckers with dragonbonebows but nooo. Generally i one of those people who don't like design of Anor Londo. Sure it looks good. Especially if you set foot first time there. Problem is whole level design is just flat open spaces coupled with very boring center mechanism. Cathedral only is worth place.

Imo it would be more amazing if that part of game would be lied in actual city not at the rooftops. Instead of using demon taxi you would simply go there via that buried enterence near Iron Golem.

Living quarters will be in next part.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Yeah i noticed those headless demons below. I though it is only for those axes swinging around so once you will fall down they will finish job.
As for that giant you just need to jump near that place with vendor with less than 25% equip load.

here is mod. I am playing on PS3 pad with motionjoy.

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/200

Will try it.
I never had any console my gamepad is not PS3 pad but it looks like PS3 pad and has same buttons on them. Playing with x360ce gamepad emulator.

With HP you had there axe hit + fall damage would kill you.

Thanks i thought less then 50% load was max speed. Jumped there succesfully after return from Catacomb/ Tomb of giants area. Was searching for blacksmith i heard in area with wheelskeletons and for other secrets in the end i found two blacksmiths one dead and Undead one.

I thought being archer would deal with those two fuckers with dragonbonebows but nooo. Generally i one of those people who don't like design of Anor Londo. Sure it looks good. Especially if you set foot first time there. Problem is whole level design is just flat open spaces coupled with very boring center mechanism. Cathedral only is worth place.

Personaly i can forgive them the design of that area almost except for those two fuckers lost count how many times they killed me. On the other side Anor Londo looks great and except those archers enemies there are easily farmable and drop tons of souls.

I saw you were tempted to jump to chest from beams above epic boobs statue. There is another way to the chest after droping down the ladder from beams area go behind ladder and drop to platform with epic boobs statue. Jump from platform though windows and go upstairs to chest. Then repeat the same proccess from other side to get back to side with ladder.

Went back to the Cathedral yesterday. Thought cultist were guarding epic boobs statue or something but one droped sword instead of throwing knifes. It was called Painting guardian sword. Didnt pay attention to the painting in back before im past O&S on my playthough. So maybe its this place im supposed to go after O&S not sure but enemies look managable including tomatoface after finding full painting guardian set. This set has great poison/bleed resist and even curse resist.

Anyway this painting looks like great place to explore i was getting tired of endless undead in Catacomb/ Tomb of giant area.

Perkel

Arcane
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 014 - Testing Weapons + Lutrec
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did extended weapon testing trying to get my malee weapon up to snuf. I have Lightning spear but i don't like its move set and it really doesn't give that much damage.

From that video only Butcher knife and Silver Knight Longsword were awesome. Silver Knight Straight Sword attack is hilarious as it is like you would chop some tree and it has ton of poise damage, basically making enemy standing in place like tree.

Silver Knight Straight Sword is probably the best single handed sword i have ever seen. Moveset is amazing Strong attack has everything. Reach, doesn't stop for shield, it is fast and what is most important powerful delivering ton of damage in quick pace. Even better if you two hand it damage goes up to 11. Strong attack is awesome in corridors. So i decided to stick to it and upgrade it.

Lutrec with this sword was easy as hell. He died first because he was first to take me on but essentially with this weapon and that moveset i would kill them no problem.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - 014 - Anor Londo Boss (Ornstein & Smough)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feared that i am rustry so S&O fight would be really bad. I did much better than i thought i would. Ornstain big form is sure tough as nails but Smough in his bigger form was surprisingly easy.

Still ton of sweat gone into that fight and my bow was essentially useless as i did not have a chance to shoot arrow with two dudes trying to kill me and in bigger form both of them are to dangerous to try archery.

From now it is brave new world for me.

Last edited:

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Lightning Spear is one my favorite weapons but it does not stack with stats only way to up damage is upgrading. Silver Knight strait sword didnt drop for me. Queelags furysword Giant Blacksmith made is very effective against silver knights. Like other curved swords it ignores the shield but its much stronger.

There is a chest hidden behind Giant Blacksmith.

O&S were much harder for me for example Smough in his big form liked to spamm aoe lightning atacks almost nonstop in the end i decided to kill Ornstein instead even if it costed me alot of humanitys.

Good luck wherever you go next.

Perkel

Arcane
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 015 - Lordvessel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After defeating Smough and Ornstein, true purpose of our pilgrimage is unraveled. We need to fill lordvessel with 4 big souls.

Seath The Scaleless
Witch of Izalith
Nito first of Undead
Four Kings of New Londo

Barriers protecting areas in which they are now perished. From now on i will be playing blind.

Perkel

Arcane
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 016 - Duke's Archives
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitely interesting place. Good def. spike and those crystal dudes can do ton of damage if they are buffed by channelers. Bow definetely is handy here taking out those magic dudes and archers.

First fight with Seath was well "Interesting". After that i got caught up in some kind of cell block which was good quite different to where i thought i would re-spawn. Those medusa like monsters looked vile and at first i thought they will kill me in instant but well... they didn't live up to hype. Especially since i had bow. Later part of dukes archives was quite interesting design wise and due to my stupidity i missed important leaver. Thanks to that mistake i lost like 10-15 minutes wandering around Archives.

Never trust dudes with big hats. First i recue him from cage then he shows up here in closed hiden room i unlocked.

Perkel

Arcane
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 018 - Duke's Archives/Crystal Cavern
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crystal Cave look amazing. But holy shit i did not expect invisible floor. It reaaly did the trick to make me tense in this level.
Then i noticed those snowflakes. Also fuck that crystal with this crystal golem. Died there like two times and i have virtually 0 chance to get him there.

Perkel

Arcane
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 020 - Dark Root Garden + 2xBoss
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New londo rocks. I got to that dude and he said to me that i will need to do something about The Abyss. Artorias was said to be the one traveling it without problem and i remember that blacksmith near darkroot garden was selling Artorias crest.

Generally i like that area much. Ton of PvP like fights, mushrooms, and those moving bushes.

First i nailed down that buttefly. OR should i said my helper as she basically anihilated it before i had chance to to do anything worthwile.

Then there is Great Wolf Sif. Such awesome fight. Especially end of that fight is awesome where you see that this wolf is hurt and it doesn't have strenght left to fight properly.

Generally very productive hour. 2 bosses and some New londo exploration.

Perkel

Arcane
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 021 - New Londo Boss Failure
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope, nope, nope. Shit generally i love New Londo but boss in that area is just... eh. Didn't menage to put a decent scratch on those dudes.
For now i will move to other places. Damn even with that witch help i was destroyed just like that.

Probably will need better damage or resists for that fight. Also reach is fucking long for those dudes.

:edit

WORKS. I didn't notice that i set this to private...

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Play - Dark Souls - Part 022 - Undead Asylum Return
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meantime i returned to Undead Assylum. That second demon definetely was different to first one but it gone well for me.
Also Titanite Slab !.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Probably will need better damage or resists for that fight. Also reach is fucking long for those dudes.
As I recall the key is to kill each one really quickly, for which it's useful to use an item that boosts stamina regen. It's also useful to put on some heavy armor so you can mostly forsake blocking/dodging.

Perkel

Arcane
Thanks, since that fight i though about it. I think i will go there with my new Crest shield upgraded a bit. They are using both magical and physical attacks so Crest should help a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom