Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LOL Notch is rich but lonely Discuss!!!1!!

You just have to hit the autist crowd with your books.

Can't wait to read Jarl's Minecraft equivalent literature.

Anyway, you don't need a lot of money to kill yourself, but it sure allows for some unique suicides. Godspeed, Notch, you tubby bastard.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Notch, if you read this, then know that I can become your True Friend(tm) for a mere $1000 monthly.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
He should move to a nice coastal area with lots of surf spots. Buy a big ass surfboard and hire a private instructor.

He'd be fit and happy in a year.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh...all of the "if I had his kind of money I'd do something with my life" posts tells me that people like Notch are quite common.
What? I'd live the life I live now but with more of everything. After travelling the world. He doesn't need to do anything with his life. I'd just visit all the places I have always wanted to see. Invest some money in something. Whatever the fuck works. He doesn't have to reinvent anything or do anything no one has done before. All I know is that I sure as fuck wouldn't mope around and bitch about it in online media.

I was actually thinking "good on him, he can do whatever the fuck he wants now", when he sold everything off. Now, I think to myself that he's got some fucking issues or just wants to play victim.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Curt Schilling didn't have anywhere near two billion dollars to his name. Maybe like 70-80 million.

Yeah, he could fund AAA $100 million 5-years-in-development games and even if he doesn't make a penny he'd take 50 years to spend just one billion. To simply sit on your money doing nothing but consuming a candy wall is a pretty sad waste of a fortune.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Curt Schilling didn't have anywhere near two billion dollars to his name. Maybe like 70-80 million.
He was still a rich guy who sunk a good part of his fortune on a hobby because he thought he could do better than anyone else because he played so many hours of everquest.

That sounds too much like work and not like the stress free environment a rich guy with his life ahead of him should be living in.

A secluded beach somewhere where no one knew me, a warm ocean, nice weather all year, churrascos and caipirinhas with my buddies every day, a lot of women willing to commit the most absurd atrocities to my cock, and enough cocaine and weed to fund a small Mexican cartel.

Why work when you can avoid it?

Haraldur

Augur
Yeah, he could fund AAA $100 million 5-years-in-development games and even if he doesn't make a penny he'd take 50 years to spend just one billion. To simply sit on your money doing nothing but consuming a candy wall is a pretty sad waste of a fortune.

But... but... trickle-down economics is the ideal way to encourage economic growth!

Anyone for a 20% annual wealth-tax on estates over $10 000 000?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
He was still a rich guy who sunk a good part of his fortune on a hobby because he thought he could do better than anyone else because he played so many hours of everquest.

That sounds too much like work and not like the stress free environment a rich guy with his life ahead of him should be living in.

A secluded beach somewhere where no one knew me, a warm ocean, nice weather all year, churrascos and caipirinhas with my buddies every day, a lot of women willing to commit the most absurd atrocities to my cock, and enough cocaine and weed to fund a small Mexican cartel.

Why work when you can avoid it?
Because some people would go bonkers doing nothing sitting on their ass... even if it was on a beach.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Because some people would go bonkers doing nothing sitting on their ass... even if it was on a beach.
Some people are crazy. There's nothing better than spending your day at the beach doing nothing but relaxing and hanging out.

Maybe I would write a book tho, that's kinda like work.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I wouldn't say he's crazy, but the guy definitely needs to go see a shrink ASAP! That should be his new mission in life. Just go see a shrink and see that shrink like 4 times a week for at least 18 months. He should be doing that no matter what anyway.

I mean, shit, I'm all about empathy, trying to see the world through someone else's eyes, but you can't be rich as fvck and whining to normies on the internet.:S

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom