Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LOL Notch is rich but lonely Discuss!!!1!!

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Maybe he should at least put money torwards losing weight and growing hair.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think the crux of this was hidden in one of those tweets: he had a girl who knew him leading up to his success, but she bailed.

Nah, he was married, they divorced after he hit it big.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Notch probably wishes that were true.

By April 2011, Persson estimated that Minecraft had made €23 million (US$33 million) in revenue, with 800,000 sales of the alpha version of the game, and over 1 million sales of the beta version. In November 2011, prior to the game's full release, Minecraft beta surpassed 16 million registered users and 4 million purchases.

On 13 August 2011, Persson married Elin Zetterstrand, who goes by the nickname "Ez" in the Minecraft community. On 15 August 2012, he announced that he was now single.

I hope she took a considerable amount of his money with her. Would probably make better use.

She signed a pre-nup that maintained complete separation of funds, but apparently he's quite generous with his child support (4000 Euros a month). I learned that from the Daily Mail.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Well, little Minna Almina Zelda Zetterstrand is only 3 years old now. Probably not a great conversationalist when daddy is feeling the weight of the world.

sser

Arcane
Developer

That's what I mean, though. If you're a rich dude what do you want? Presumably somebody who loved you before you were rich. Once you're publicly wealthy, who can you say genuinely loves you and not the pile of money you sleep on at night?

Renegen

Arcane
A lot of rich people have the idea that they must use their money for Very Serious Things, he needs to realize that actually taking risks in life is what got him so far now the scales are just bigger.

edit: if I had Notch's money I'd build a cathedral to Cthulhu and make an honest attempt at creating a new religion around it.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Honestly, if Notch's money management is anything like his coding skill, I honestly expect him to declare bankruptcy within a decade or two (likely with falling victim to a ponzi scheme beforehand, especially given how he's eager to defend SJWs and shit). To my knowledge he has no actual income and once the money they gave him runs out (the maintenance on a mansion, taxes and inflation are just the start). It always happens with people who get rich without real work: they can't manage money and wind up lower than they started.

(Knowing Notch's weight and how he's likely to get even lazier now that he's got more money than he knows what to do with though, "fatal heart attack" before that is always a possibility.)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That's what I mean, though. If you're a rich dude what do you want? Presumably somebody who loved you before you were rich. Once you're publicly wealthy, who can you say genuinely loves you and not the pile of money you sleep on at night?
Anyone with Perception higher than 6.

To my knowledge he has no actual income...
Anyone with half a brain Intelligence higher than 4 (or a financial adviser) would be getting hundreds of thousands of dollars in interest from some pretty safe mutual funds or interest bearing accounts. Of course, Notch might not have either.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
What a cuck, poor billionaire.
FFS, if you're so lonely and unhappy perhaps instead of bitching you could try... being helpful to people?
Wot? You are on a site where unhappy and/or lonely white men bitch about shit instead of being helpful to people.

DeepOcean

Arcane
A bit of cash sent here could make your worries disappear.
Sorry dude but Swen promises with Divinity 2 make me raise an eyebrow. I still remember the cut on the day and night cycles stretch goal besides I earn on brazilian monopoly money and converting it on dollars is something I avoid so I can't discover how I'm poor and become depressed as Notch.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
notch is having a meltdown :lol:
928e52ed1c.png

171190c186.png

9848eac6b4.png

Screenshots because who knows if he is going to delete his tweets

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Is he still trying to blame everyone around him for selling Minecraft and taking off - what a piece of shit.

"They made me sell it"
:negative:

Renegen

Arcane
Just realized that "2 million kornas" is barely 300,000 USD, I'd say if you wanted to pretend being a charitable person to donate $1 million as to make your co-workers financially independent, $300,000 is like dropping a few bills as you're running out the building.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
If he'd given his 50 co-workers one million Dollars each, that would have been almost 3% of his total net worth. Would you just give away 3% of everything you own on a whim?

If he'd given his 50 co-workers one million Dollars each, that would have been almost 3% of his total net worth. Would you just give away 3% of everything you own on a whim?

Average US citizen donates about 3-5% of their income to charity. Rich people usually donating substantially more.

Honestly, if Notch's money management is anything like his coding skill, I honestly expect him to declare bankruptcy within a decade or two (likely with falling victim to a ponzi scheme beforehand, especially given how he's eager to defend SJWs and shit). To my knowledge he has no actual income and once the money they gave him runs out (the maintenance on a mansion, taxes and inflation are just the start). It always happens with people who get rich without real work: they can't manage money and wind up lower than they started.

(Knowing Notch's weight and how he's likely to get even lazier now that he's got more money than he knows what to do with though, "fatal heart attack" before that is always a possibility.)

I think it would be hilarious to see that happen, but I doubt it. A billion dollars is a shit ton of money. There comes a point where it's pretty much impossible to reasonably spend money faster than he's making it back off investments. Normal people who become *only* millionaires have the choice of continuing to work to live rich (which they don't want to do, since they are supposed to be rich) or retiring and only being able to sustainably live on a upper-middle class income at best (which they also can't accept, so instead they spend more and quickly smack into the deficit). But when you're a billionaire you're making at least tens of millions of dollars every year, at least a million or two every month. That's hard to run out of.

As for ponzi schemes and stuff, those things prey on people who don't have much money and need greater rates of return. Billionaires don't, they just need to diversify so that nothing can really hurt them and losing a few % on their return is fairly meaningless as far as what their quality of life is.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Anyway, if I had the money of Notch, I would open a codexian approved RPG publisher, if it paid it's bills backs I would very happy with it. I dunno, the dude doesn't has anything he enjoys doing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom