Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LOL Notch is rich but lonely Discuss!!!1!!

Alfons

Prophet
The woes of being a billionaire.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
The mansion is a good investment; he can sell it for a large profit anytime he wants because it's location ensures it will keeping rising in value astronomically, ahead of inflation.

However, being well known for spending $180,000/- a night at Vegas clubs is not a good sign at all. What a retard.

Are you sure of that? Hollywood has peaked a while ago.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Modern architecture looks so ugly. Why would anyone pay millions of dollars for a house that looks like shit from the outside, and has boring and uninspired interior design?

I'd rather buy this beauty: http://www.bulgarianproperties.com/_in_Bulgaria/AD25254BG_House_for_sale_in_Sofia.html
Which is in a hipster-free area, nice neighborhood with mostly traditional architecture houses, a city with low living costs but still good quality, and normal people you can meet rather than everyone being a nouveau riche hipster faggot.

I'll never understand the kinds of rich people who waste all their hard-earned cash in order to be part of this retarded rich people society full of pretentious hipsters and shallow bitches. Any woman he might ever attract this way (yeah right) is 100% guaranteed just after his money and there'll be a divorce after a few years at most. And not enough that he's in an area full of pretentious rich people, he's also in an area of horrible SJWs so it's only a matter of time until they erode his brain far enough that he decides to donate half his money to help some niggers in Africa.
Screw that too.

If I was that rich I'd live in a high-tech utilitarian bunker.

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
Modern architecture looks so ugly. Why would anyone pay millions of dollars for a house that looks like shit from the outside, and has boring and uninspired interior design?

I'd rather buy this beauty: http://www.bulgarianproperties.com/_in_Bulgaria/AD25254BG_House_for_sale_in_Sofia.html
Which is in a hipster-free area, nice neighborhood with mostly traditional architecture houses, a city with low living costs but still good quality, and normal people you can meet rather than everyone being a nouveau riche hipster faggot.

Those tiles. That wood. The masonry. All the carved and sculpted things. God damn. This house will linger in my dreams for years to come.

Sodafish

Arcane

Those tiles. That wood. The masonry. All the carved and sculpted things. God damn. This house will linger in my dreams for years to come.

Doesn't help that every photo has had the saturation boosted out the wazoo, but yeah.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Poor Notch, he has maxed out his character and there are no other games to play.

I hate that style of house with entire walls of glass and no privacy. Why not live in a perspex box ffs.

The man likes car showrooms.

Cadmus

Arcane
I hate that style of house with entire walls of glass and no privacy. Why not live in a perspex box ffs.
Well, the sunlight makes the place pleasant and you also need to consider that in this case he's got all the privacy he wants because the open house overlooks a 30 square km garden, not a public street.

Forbes had an exclusive interview with him a few months ago. Some interdasting insights, I'm posting a few tidbits below:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/2015/03/03/minecraft-markus-persson-life-after-microsoft-sale/

The mansion is a good investment; he can sell it for a large profit anytime he wants because it's location ensures it will keeping rising in value astronomically, ahead of inflation.

However, being well known for spending $180,000/- a night at Vegas clubs is not a good sign at all. What a retard.

Let's do the maths - and I'm honestly not going in with a pre-established conclusion, I have no idea how the sums will turn out while typing this:

$2,500,000,000 in base capital. Google tells me current term deposit rates in the US are 2.9%. Obviously he won't have the whole lot in a long-term account, but we can also assume that he has a fair bit sunk in investments with higher return rates, like property and some shares, and also that banks will offer much higher than 2.9% for that amount of money (2.9% is the rate for 1 to 2 million dollar deposits).

So if he just puts it all in the bank, doing absolutely nothing productive with it, and with no other sources of income, he's earning $58 million per year.

I think he can afford the spending spree.

Andhaira

Arcane
Let's do the maths - and I'm honestly not going in with a pre-established conclusion, I have no idea how the sums will turn out while typing this:

$2,500,000,000 in base capital. Google tells me current term deposit rates in the US are 2.9%. Obviously he won't have the whole lot in a long-term account, but we can also assume that he has a fair bit sunk in investments with higher return rates, like property and some shares, and also that banks will offer much higher than 2.9% for that amount of money (2.9% is the rate for 1 to 2 million dollar deposits).

So if he just puts it all in the bank, doing absolutely nothing productive with it, and with no other sources of income, he's earning $58 million per year.

I think he can afford the spending spree.

Ture, but due to the low interest rate in the US most people do not put their savings in banks. They invest in the stock market, bonds, and property.

He will also have to pay property tax on all his properties. The money he gets from his interest will also have tax deducted from it, as well as from his other investments. Then there is the inflation rate, if it is higher or close to what he earns from his investments he could actually be losing money due to the money rate falling from the inflation.

Obviously he won't be losing money if he has half a brain, and buying a mansion where he did does show he is being guided by financial planners/investment advisors. Just saying hanging out with party crowds in Vegas and spending that much money, even if you can afford it, is not a good idea. What if he gets into drugs? Given the propensity in his family for depression (father & sister) he could easily be nudged to drugs to alleviate the depression. And if he gets addicted spending millions a month on coke is not unrealistic to assume IMO.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
'I haven't heard the phrase "good morning" said non-sarcastically for at least a decade. '

LOL

OndrejSc

Full Auto
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
RerQ0O.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom