Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
Electronic Arts Reports Q4 FY16 and Full Year FY16 Financial Results

2001078015frkut.png

:decline:

Last edited:

pippin

EA is offering Nox for free as part of their "On the House" thingy, but you have to install Origin to play it.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Was Nox any good, though? I've seen it a few times over the years but have never really heard anyone discuss it.

Was Nox any good, though? I've seen it a few times over the years but have never really heard anyone discuss it.

There's not much to discuss. It's a solid game, singleplayer is a diablo clone that is more actiony than Diablo and has entirely hand-made levels with lots of secrets and stuff, multiplayer is like a top-down arena FPS with CTF and Deathmatch and stuff, where everyone spawns as a mostly-naked max level character and has to find their equipment lying across the levels.

Caim

Arcane
As usual DLC makes the most money. Must be those card packs or whatever for their football games.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Free Nox I'll take it to own it legally.

Ain't getting no Origin on any of my systems soon though.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Raven Software managed to deliver great SW games over 13 years ago, with Jedi Academy being the last in the Jedi Knight series.

Jedi Knight games are still played today. They're still fun and Star Warish, today.

These titles from EA won't last a year in people's memories, other than how shitty they were. Millions of dorrahs down the drain while Raven Software probably spent 10% of the budget and are still making a profit off it.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Amy Hennig, though. Is it just revived 1313? I can't tell from those three seconds of footage.

Caim

Arcane
Raven Software managed to deliver great SW games over 13 years ago, with Jedi Academy being the last in the Jedi Knight series.

Jedi Knight games are still played today. They're still fun and Star Warish, today.

These titles from EA won't last a year in people's memories, other than how shitty they were. Millions of dorrahs down the drain while Raven Software probably spent 10% of the budget and are still making a profit off it.
Compare the budgets for Jedi Outcast and The Force Unleashed.

Then tell me which game did lightsaber combat better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom