Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Good move to be jumping off that AC ship immediately before it capsizes.

Open world action games cover a large spectrum. Won't say that its what the world needs more of, but EA giving a shit about singleplayer games again might be an improvement. Or not, depending on how you look at it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
After killing The Saboteur devs?
Too late.
Another "To Do" on the DICE list. Like they have nothing better to do while patching BugField/StarWars:not-so-BF

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Wait, it is? I know it's popamole but I didn't know it was THAT bad.

I just got off the phone with my friend whose a "GAMER" (he owns a console).
He asked me if he should buy Fallout 4.. he's been reading a bunch of reviews that are trashing the game.. then he said "well I mean it still is in the running for GOTY.. but nobody seems to like it"

This is anecdotal.. but it says something to me. This friend embodies Console Player mentality.
Just check the user scores on Meta Critic.. 5.2 for a Bethesda game? Is this 1992?

He wishes.

What do I wish?

Caim

Arcane
Clearly the high road would be to advice him to get a PC that is not an actual potato and play Fallout 1 and 2 instead.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Clearly the high road would be to advice him to get a PC that is not an actual potato and play Fallout 1 and 2 instead.

In fairness the call wasn't about that, it was sort of a "oh hey before you go..." type thing.
I didn't want to add bias to his opinion so I told him to do whatever he wants.

If I told him to play Fallout 1 - I'm sure the response would be "Oh that old game? I don't like those".

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Making an assassins creed rip off is much easier then a skyrim rip off.. Even Bethesda can't make a Skyrim rip off.
Fallout 4 is bombing.
playing now
today's peak
all-time peak

It's bombing so hard that it's the biggest SP game on Steam (nothing else comes close at the moment). Yeah, people got the Metacritic user score to ~50 but it's still a massive hit.

J1M

Arcane

vonAchdorf

Arcane
gCaCUmW.jpg

With all the attention this got, he seems to have fulfilled his part of the contract.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
EA admits Battlefront is dumbed down for babbys

Electronic Arts' CFO Blake Jorgensen admitted Star Wars Battlefront's "accessible" design "may not have the depth [hardcore players] wanted in the game."

Talking at the Nasdaq Investor Conference in Europe and reported by Gamespot, Jorgensen has now acknowledged that the game's design may lack substance for experienced gamers.

"Star Wars Battlefront is a first-person shooter, but it is [one of] the only teen-rated first-person shooters," Jorgensen said. "We had designed it to be a much more accessible product to a wide age group.

"So, an 8-year-old could play with his father on the couch, as well as a teenager or 20-year-old could play the game and enjoy it. It is more accessible. And for the hardcore, it may not have the depth that they wanted in the game."

Electronic Arts COO recently reported that he was "a little bit" surprised by GameStop's comments that Star Wars Battlefront had "underperformed."

Literally made for 8-year-olds.

I too remember the days when a game needing more than 5 minutes to L2P for an 8 year old wasn't considered a bad thing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-newly-announced-competitive-gaming-division

EA announces Competitive Gaming Division, led by Peter Moore
"Competition runs deep in the DNA of Electronic Arts."

EA is launching a Competitive Gaming Division (CGD) to be led by former chief operating officer Peter Moore

jpg

Peter Moore.

Moore's new title will be executive vice president and chief competition officer. "This group will enable global eSports competitions in our biggest franchises including FIFA, Madden NFL, Battlefield and more," EA stated in its announcement.

EA chief executive officer Andrew Wilson noted that the CGD will be based around the following "three core pillars":
  • Competition - To create highly-engaging competitive experiences with our games, officially supported by Electronic Arts.
  • Community - To celebrate, connect and grow our community of players across all levels of expertise.
  • Entertainment - To develop live events and broadcasting that bring the spectacle of competition to millions of people around the world.
"There is no one better in our industry to lead this new effort than Peter," Wilson said. "He was an early pioneer in championing competitive gaming programs, such as the FIFA Interactive World Cup and the EA SPORTS Challenge Series, and Peter's personal passions for the player experience, sports and competition, make him a tremendous leader for this new division. Peter's team will partner with our development studios, marketers and publishing teams to bring this new platform to life."

Former senior vice president of marketing and 14-year EA veteran Todd Sitrin will join peter as the senior vice president and manager of the CGD. Sitrin has already updated his Linkedin profile to reflect the new role, to which he offered the following description: "Lead strategy and operations for the Competitive Gaming Division, including working closely with our development studios to create an innovative competitive platform within our games.

"Competition runs deep in the DNA of Electronic Arts, and our games are already at the center of competitive gaming events at different levels today," Wilson stated. "FIFA fans around the world continue to compete in the FIFA Interactive World Cup, ESL One is hosting worldwide championships with Battlefield 4, we recently announced the return of the Madden NFL Live Challenge, and our games will be played in dozens of other regional competitions around the world in the next year. EA's CGD will seek to build a best-in-class program to centralise our efforts with new events, as well as the infrastructure to bring you the world's preeminent EA competitive experiences."

Caim

Arcane
I misread that as EA starting to make good games to make them competitive again. Oh well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom