Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Locked Up - The World's First Prison RPG

hellbent

Augur
Interesting. Prison Architect has been more fun than I expected. Another prison game, MDickie's Hard Time was anything but a RPG, or a quality game for that matter, but the concept was not a bad idea. If nothing else, this could make for a fun LP series in the Playground once it releases.

Real-time combat, though...meh. Even mother Russia's awful Planet Alcatraz had turn based combat.

Last edited:

rezaf

Cipher
Just hit KS? Kicktraq says it went live on the 27th of April and looking at the trending, it's dead on arrival.

Also, the game seems to deal with a fictional prison in a fictional environment.
Keeping those criteria in mind, wasn't the original Gothic "The World's First Prison RPG"?

Planet Alcatraz is not quite a true "prison" game, in the sense of being in a prison with walls. It is a prison "planet", more of a really badly done sci-fi - RPG hybrid. And, Infinitron -- is Prisonscape even being worked on anymore ? Nice try, BTW.

Sturmgewehr44

Novice
It looks good enough to feed the unending thirst of RPGs I'm sure we all have, but that goal is ludicrous and buzzwords like "rich dialogue and choice system" are an excitement muffler.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Mark Price says:
Hey Vinicius,

Thank you so much for supporting Locked Up and joining us on this journey over the last few weeks. We have some good news and some bad news. 

Let’s start with the bad news. Unfortunately we’re not going to hit our funding goal. When we began our Kickstarter campaign we believed that we had fleshed out the game enough to give you a good feel for Locked Up. We realized that we have so much more to show you but we want to take some time to polish it up a little and show you exactly what you’ll be seeing in Locked Up! 

Now for the good news... We also took a hard look at our cost to build Locked Up and realized that we could actually produce this game for less than we had originally anticipated without sacrificing any content. We are committed to delivering a top-quality game to you and we are so excited that we can deliver the same game for less overall (although it might require some pizza parties and overnight work sessions)! With this in mind, we are going to be relaunching our Kickstarter campaign in the near future!

In order to succeed with this relaunch, we were hoping you would take 30 seconds to fill out this survey:

http://bit.ly/LockedUpSurvey

It is very short, but the insights will help us when we relaunch! We will also reach out to you at that time and would love your support!

Thanks so much,

The Locked Up Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hi there,

We're writing to let you know that Locked Up - The World's First Prison RPG (Canceled) has been canceled by the project creator. As a result, your $23.00 pledge has been automatically canceled and your card will not be charged.

If you'd like to follow along with the creator's next steps, stay tuned to their updates. You can even drop them an encouraging message or comment

:M

eggdogg

Learned
I can only dream that after a shower scene you get a dialog option that quotes Dirty Work:
You fellas have a lot of growing up to do, I'll tell you that. Ridiculous. Completely ridiculous. Can you believe these characters? Way out of line. Way out of line. Have a good mind to go to the warden about this. You know what hurts the most is the... the lack of respect. You know? That's what hurts the most. Except for the... Except for the other thing. That hurts the most. But the lack of respect hurts the second most.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I wonder what prompted them cancelling the game and the funding drive. Yeah, 500k sounds very ambitious, to say the least, but it's not an impossible goal to reach, and either way, worst case, they miss the mark.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
I wonder what prompted them cancelling the game and the funding drive. Yeah, 500k sounds very ambitious, to say the least, but it's not an impossible goal to reach, and either way, worst case, they miss the mark.

This:

Let’s start with the bad news. Unfortunately we’re not going to hit our funding goal. When we began our Kickstarter campaign we believed that we had fleshed out the game enough to give you a good feel for Locked Up. We realized that we have so much more to show you but we want to take some time to polish it up a little and show you exactly what you’ll be seeing in Locked Up!

Now for the good news... We also took a hard look at our cost to build Locked Up and realized that we could actually produce this game for less than we had originally anticipated without sacrificing any content. We are committed to delivering a top-quality game to you and we are so excited that we can deliver the same game for less overall (although it might require some pizza parties and overnight work sessions)! With this in mind, we are going to be relaunching our Kickstarter campaign in the near future!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom