Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of Recommended Kotor 2 Mods

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
IMPORTANT NOTE #1: As of now (22 July 2015), I do not recommend using the Steam Workshop to install mods. The first reason is that it has no capability to combine shared assets; it only overrides them, which causes major game breaking issues. The second reason is that there currently is a bug where the game crashes if you're subscribed to more than five steam workshop files for kotor 2. Install everything without steam workshop and make it easier on yourself.

IMPORTANT NOTE #2: If you do use the steam workshop to install TSLRCM (not recommended)
According to this post you can use reskins with TSLRCM by pointing TSL patcher to Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\208580\485537937

IMPORTANT NOTE #3: Using the Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection mod causes the screen becomes black when loading the Jedi Masters scene in the Rebuild Enclave. This is due to the module using a custom Kreia with special animations for the cutscenes. If any Kreia-altering skins or mods override this, the result is this black screen. The solution is to uninstall your Kreia-skin altering mods for the duration of this module. Alternately, I've read that you can solve this issue by installing the Extended Enclave mod after Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection, although I do not know if this solution works with TSLRCM 1.8.4.

----------
Since an official patch of major :incline: was released today for Kotor 2, I've decided to compile a list of good mods for it.

Restored Content
  • The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification (TSLRCM) - This mod restores most of the content cut from the original release, and in addition fixes many bugs present in the vanilla game. A product of years worth of effort, this is pretty much mandatory to install.
  • M4-78 Enhancement Project - This mod adds the planet of M4-78 to the game, where you can find Master Vash alive. The planet is only available after finishing Korriban. You will find a clue on how to get to M4-78 in Korriban's Sith Academy. It requires TSLRCM, which you should have anyway. This mod doesn't hold up on its own, so if you're not curious as to the leftover M4-78 resources , skip this mod.
  • Extended Enclave (TSLRCM add-on) - Restores an extended version of the Rebuilt Enclave sequence. Requires TSLRCM if that wasn't obvious. Might not work with the latest release of TSLRCM as of 22 July 2015.
Added Content
  • Azgath N'Dul's Tomb - This mod adds a new tomb to the Valley of the Dark Lords - the tomb of Azgath N'Dul. You will find it between the tombs of Ajunta Pall and Tulak Hord.
Party Member Alterations
  • HK Droids SWTOR-Style AND TOR HK Skin Pack - replaces the models for HK-47, HK-50, and HK-51 so that they more closely resemble HK-51 from the Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) MMO.

• Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - This mod will make it so that depending on the type of robe you give Kreia, her appearance will effectively change to a suitable representation. Basically, she’ll ditch the “burlap sack” excuse of a robe to one with proper details. In addition to the “pretty colors”, this mod also adds a new small area (Citadel:082West Residential: Medical), a mini-quest you can pursue in order to construct the Dark Shroud... a Kreia-specific robe (new model), and a voiced dialogue exchange cutscene between the PC and Kreia, giving her a more “human side” we rarely see… This mod also implements tk102’s “Remote Tells Your Influence” Mod, allowing the little guy to actually have a purpose. Just ask him to stop flying around, and then you can ask him how much influence you have with the rest of your crew. However, he just 'might' have another purpose… hmmm…
  • Kreia's Hood Down - This simple mod makes it so Kreia will pull her hood down when you talk to her. INCOMPATABLE WITH TSLRCM.

• Choose Mira or Hanharr - allows you to choose ether Hanharr or Mira to join your party. I find this most necessary if you complete Nar-Shadda early in the game and still want Hanharr to join you, as if you're not sufficiently dark-side enough, Mira joins you by default.
  • Hanharr's Jedi Training - this mod provides darkside players with a means of training hanharr as a dark jedi guardian

• Unique Upgradable Clothes - makes dancer's outfit, atton's ribbed jacket and mira's ballistic mesh jacket fully upgradeable.
  • Player and Party Underwear - includes re-skins and re-models for the player character (male & female), as well as many of the party members. (Screenshots here)
NPC Alterations
  • NPC Overhaul - This mod attempts to fix the ‘clone effect’ which TSL is notorious for, across multiple locations. It differentiates the NPCs in an attempt to eliminate several of them looking identical in one location, due to the way it was set up by Obsidian. Also gives Carth a new uniform and gives lightsabers to Sith Assassins.

• Handsister Fix - gives the Handmaiden sisters their 'intended' heads, according to TSL's cut resources.

• TSL head model fixes - fixes several playable & NPC head models to reduce clipping and/or vertex stretching.

Armor Mods
  • Sith Stalker Armor - Adds a particularly evil-looking set of armor meant for dark-side oriented players to the game. Optionally, you can make the Sith Assassins wear this armor by default through installing this mod.
  • Clone Wars Armors - adds variety of clone armors and two variants of DC-15 rifle to your game.
  • Combat Suit Uniforms - This mod is a set of skins for the Combat Suit model, that offers you the uniforms of various organizations within the Star Wars Universe. Technically this is a modders resource, but I like to use replace the default TSF armor with the the TSF combat suit in this mod.
  • Imperial Knight - adds armour, belt, gauntlests, gloves, and lightsaber based on the Imperial Knights from the Star Wars: Legacy comics from Dark Horse. There are two colour schemes for the armour: the canonical brown version and a variant black version.
  • Peragus Mining Gear - changes the miner uniform found in the Peragus tunnels into gear that both looks fitting for space mining, as well as slightly boosting its stats. However, it also requires proficiency in light armors to be used now.
Weapon Mods
  • TFU Lightsaber Pikes - adds lightsaber pikes which Shadow Guards used in The Force Unleashed. Includes an option for Sith Assassins to use these pikes instead of quarterstaffs.
  • Mandalorian Battle Blades - adds two new weapons to the game based on the bat'leths wielded by Klingons in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
  • Holowan Duplisaber - This mod expands the current lightsaber selection to include 59 different hilts, 13 different colors and long-bladed lightsabers. There are 59 total saber hilts to choose from, and they are available in 13 different colors, making for 767 possibilities. Incompatible with any other saber mods.
  • Fork Short Lightsabers - adds a whole set of new short lightsabers - one for each lightsaber color available in the game, and their crystals to the game.
  • Scatter Pistol - A replica of the Scatter Pistol model found in Star Wars Galaxies.
  • High Level Force Powers - This mod adds a total of 21 new force powers to the game, 20 of them available at level 20 and above, and one bonus power available at level 3.
  • Force Zeal - adds a new 3-tier force power to the game. The power lifts all nearby enemies in a radius (size depends on tier) off the ground and pummels them with harmful energies for the duration of the power. The force user will be left helpless for 4 seconds while channeling the energies needed to unleash the power. Darkside force users will do more damage per second the further down the dark path they are, while Lightside force users will leave the victims stunned after the energy barrage has ended, with longer stun duration the further down the Light path they are.
Retextures
  • K2 Exterior Textures Part 1 & Part 2 - replaces exterior textures with higher quality ones.
  • Peragus OTE - Retextures all of Peragus to look much better.
  • Improved Peragus Asteroid Fields - takes the default 2D asteroid field texture used in the Peragus asteroid fields in the tutorial/prologue and outside of the Ebon Hawk hangar bay, and replaces them with much nicer ones.
  • Onderon OTE - Newly Redrawn Textures for the Planet Onderon.
Various Tweaks

• Peragus Galaxy Map Change - replaces that brown ball which was supposed to resemble Peragus II with a texture that actually looks like Peragus II.
    • TSL Galaxy Map Fix - changes the positions of the planets in the galaxy map to roughly their canonical position.
    • Reshade for Kotor / TSL - The closest thing Kotor I & II currently have to an ENB, this project implements tweaks the tone-mapping, adds effects such as SSAO, Depth of Field, Godrays, Bloom, sharpness, etc via Reshade by Crosire.
    • Create all Mira's Rockets - This modification will modify the workbench to allow all of Mira's rockets to be creatable, instead of just 5.
    • My Dantooine Statue - Adds a "Heroic Jedi Statue" to Khoonda after you find the 4 jedi masters and select the statue option during the conversation with Terana.
    • Kreia to Dxun Tomb & Atton to Onderon - This modification allows you to send Kreia to the Dxun tomb of Freedon Nadd IF you have joined Vaklu's side. This modification moves Atton mentioning the repair of the Hawk from after Onderon is finished to after the Sith Attack, just before going to Onderon, freeing up Atton to go with you to the surface of Onderon, allowing you to hear his lines and get his influence.
    • Nihilus Zombie's Death - this mod does sever the link when the master dies with his minions, and all his zombies you see around start dying off.
    • Bodies Stay - The bodies of defeated enemies no longer disappear.
    • High Stakes Pazaak - This mod changes the wager amounts for 5 of the 7 characters you can play Pazaak with in TSL to be much higher.
    • Realistic Visual Effects - No more crazy glowing hands with any of the melee special attacks (Critical Strike, Flurry, Power Attack). No more weird white circles surrounding your player when you use Force Cure/Heal. No more blurry vision with Force Speed. And lots more Force visuals have been removed.
    • Sith Assassins with Lightsabers - gives one handed lightsabers to the Sith Assassins instead of their standard quarterstaff. If you use the NPC Overhaul mod (highly recommended), you don't need to install this mod, as it's already covered.
    • Camera Angle Options - alters the default camera angles used by the game so that outside dialogues and cutscenes, your character will be viewed more distantly. Has two different options.
    • Side Opening Doors on Malachor - changes the direction in which the doors on Malachor open. Previously, they opened from the top, but the design suggested they open sideways.

Last edited:

lurker3000

Arcane
I don't see the mod that lets me have Handmaiden, Visas, and Mira all wear the slave girl outfit at the same time.

darthaegis

Cipher
Unfortunately I don't think extended Enclave works with the Workshop version of TSLRCM (yet).

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Unfortunately I don't think extended Enclave works with the Workshop version of TSLRCM (yet).

Thanks for the heads up. I'll edit the post.

Also a big thanks to Crooked Bee for stickying this thread! When the kotor 1 & 2 filefront goes back online, I'll edit the OP with more mods from that site as well.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Anyone tried some of the old mods with the new steam release? I'm especially curious about the Combat Simulation Arena, reskins and the various tweaks listed.

agris

Arcane
Patron
According to this post you can use reskins with TSLRCM by pointing TSL patcher to Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\208580\485537937

Crane

Arcane
Patron
It's a reskin of that model since technically the original TFU style Dark Scion was a modders resource (i.e. the author wasn't completely happy with it since it wasn't fully animated). Use whichever one you like I suppose, since the 2K texture description doesn't say the author fixed the animation.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Bao-Dur's Charged Armor - adds a new set of armor for Bao-Dur which allows force powers.
- Restricted to Bao-Dur
- Base AC 8
- +2 Defense, for a total of AC 10
- Max Dexterity Bonus +8
- Damage Reduction, +5 Soak 30
- Damage Resistance, Universal 30/-
- Improved Saving Throws, All +2
- Immunity, Critical Hits
- Accepts Heavy Armor Upgrades
- Allows usage of Force Powers

Not sure if this armor is powerful enough.

agris

Arcane
Patron
FWIW, I installed about 70% of the listed mods in the OP after subscribing to TSLRCM (no droid planet) and my game is working fine.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Since kotorfiles seems to be permanently borked, I've replaced the kotor.filefront links with gamespot files links, which the kotor filefront site linked to anyway. All but a few minor retexture mods are available to download now from the OP.

Rookless

Barely Literate
Hi, first ever comment here!
So I can install all these mods (apart from the ones you've made note of having issues) and the game should be stable?
Sorry if stupid question.

Thanks

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I can install all these mods (apart from the ones you've made note of having issues) and the game should be stable?
Sorry if stupid question.

Thanks

Kinda yes ("kinda" because I wanna leave some error margin for the occasional odd combination of hardware+CPU+mod that might screw everything up). Also consider this:

FWIW, I installed about 70% of the listed mods in the OP after subscribing to TSLRCM (no droid planet) and my game is working fine.

Furthermore, let me stress once more that the TSLRCM (no droid planet M4-78) is REALLY good.

Similarly, in case it wasn't clear enough, the M4-78 mod, aka "Droid Planet/Factory", really sucks, like not even Sasha Grey can.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

resized_ScreenShot607.jpg

(obligatory)

KidBoogie

Learned
Similarly, in case it wasn't clear enough, the M4-78 mod, aka "Droid Planet/Factory", really sucks, like not even Sasha Grey can.
M4-78 is the biggest piece of shit i've ever seen in a mod. Honesly can't believe they wasted so much time adding it back to the game.
It's TERRIBLE, makes me not even want to play with tslrcm
Also note that TSLRCM extends the (already too long) end sequence by about 5 hours by making you fuck around as your gimp'd piece of crap utility droid on the final planet
Really hate sequences in this game where I'm not playing as my character, hugest waste of time.

Atchodas

Augur
Which mods i should use for first ever playtrough ? WIll they work with the new patch released last year ?

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I've got a small technical dilemma with Kotor 2, anyone have a solution?

The game has some graphical issues like the lightsaber hilt textures missing. Putting Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 in the ini file fixes this but it also causes crashes every single time in certain areas like G0-T0's ship, the cave in Korriban and the droid workshop inside Khoonda. So far, I've just disabled the setting every time I encounter a crash and re-enabled it when I've done with the area in question. It's manageable but a bit tedious, so does anybody know how to fix this?

SonicWindStriker

Barely Literate
Thx for the info. My game kept glitching after i gathered the Jedi Masters to the restored temple as the glitch involved the game blacking out after Kreia killed them when they tried to cut me from The Force.

These are the mods that I used last playthrough and that I advise to get (the list, compared to the first post) is really slim:

Baodur Charged Armor
Crystal attunement
Cyan fix
Dark side trailer crush sound
Droid Enhancement
Invisible Head gear TSL
Kill the ithorian
PA_K2_insane_Dustil
peragus_tweak_v_12
remote_influence
sith assassin sabers
trayusrank1_2
visual_effects_tsl

GloomFrost

Arcane
Nice list BUT....... the droid planet (m4 78) not only its a very dull and boring location but also a very glitchy one and if you get stuck there you wont be able to complete the game.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
...Did you miss the part where I said you should skip installing that mod?

oscar

Arcane
Strange thread to sticky

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom