Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of all Diablo clones

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
How many are there actually? Let's make a list.

Pure Diablo clones:
Darkstone
Depths of Peril
Din's Curse
Fate/Undiscovered Realms/The Traitor Soul/The Cursed King
Loki: Heroes of Mythology
Revenant
Sacred/Underworld
Sacred 2
Titan Quest/Immortal Throne
Torchlight

Hybrids:
Divine Divinity/Beyond Divinity
Dungeon Siege/Legends of Aranna
Dungeon Siege 2/Broken World
Kult: Heretic Kingdoms
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
Nox
Soulbringer
The Bard's Tale (2005)
Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption

Shit Tier:
Ancient Evil/The Curse of the Snake Cult
Dawn of Magic/Blood Magic (RU: Магия Крови)
Dawn of Magic 2 (RU: Магия Крови: Время Теней)
Greed
Harbinger
Hazen
Mage Knight Apocalypse
Necromania: Trap of Darkness
Restricted Area
Silverfall/Earth Awakening (RU: Silverfall: Магия Земли)
Space Hack
Space Siege
The Chosen: Well of Souls

Chinese Diablo clones:
Prince of Qin 【秦殇】
Seal of Evil 【复活:秦殇前传】
Blade & Sword 【刀剑封魔录】
Blade & Sword 2 【上古传说】
Throne of Darkness 【黑暗王座】

J1M

Arcane
I remember completing Demonstone by using only two spells:
-Magic Bomb
-Magic Bomb Rank II

What a waste of time.

Kawaii Theurgist

Liturgist
There's also The Chosen: Well of Souls. It's not very good. Actually, it's not good at all. The first stage has some atmospheric locales, but that's it.

And then there's Greed and Harbinger, both not-hard-at-all Sci Fi.

Edit:

Ah, yes, and then there's Dawn of Magic and Silverfall. The former is quite bad. The later is actually quite charming, even if the gameplay is kind of crappy. It has both Steampunk Goblins and, better yet, Steampunk Necromancers, so all is forgiven.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Hybrids:

The Bard's Tale (2004)
Lionheart: Heart of the Crusader (or whatever)
Rage of Mages (but it's been a while, so I don't quite remember)

Misterhamper

Scholar
Kawaii Theurgist said:
Ah, yes, and then there's Dawn of Magic and Silverfall. The former is quite bad. The later is actually quite charming, even if the gameplay is kind of crappy. It has both Steampunk Goblins and, better yet, Steampunk Necromancers, so all is forgiven.

Silverfall was quite cool in my opinion. But you need to install the expansion-pack, Earth Awakening, because that fixes most of what's wrong with the original (camera, controls, UI, gameplay etc)

spectre

Arcane
I remember Throne of darkness had some pretty interesting ideas and nice, gory atmosphere although I remember it wasn't too good.

A few more:
Hellgate London
Loki
Mythos (MMO)

Hybrids (by a reeealy long shot)
Die by the Sword
Rune

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Drog Black Tooth said:
Dungeon Siege/Legends of Aranna
Dungeon Siege 2/Broken World

Le fuck? How are party games "pure diablo clones"? Dumbfuck detected.

sick

Educated
Project: Eternity
DispelScreen2+(12).jpg

Dispel

spectre

Arcane
You could count Borderlands in as well. Yeah, it's a shooter, but the mechanics are quite similar.

Crichton

Prophet
This list is getting pretty cluttered,

Prince of Qin has roughly IE-engine controls, i.e. you can pause and give orders to multiple characters (the same goes for Dungeon Siege 1 and, I presume, 2).

Throne of Darkness controls are kind of like KotOR, you have multiple characters you can switch between, whichever characters you aren't controlling will run around like chickens with their heads cut off. (And it's not Chinese, it's Japanese)

Die by the Sword is an action game, not an "action rpg", it has a real action game control system. (the same goes for Rune to a slightly lesser extent)

Micmu

Magister
Can you move Dung Siege to shit tier? PURE DIABLO CLONES? Are you fucking nuts? It is not even a diablo clone. (gameplay differs significantly, yes it is top down and has loot but isn't an action game).

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I vaguely remember Soulbringer but I think its more of a proper RPG then Diablo clone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom