Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Lineage 2 Revolution ... F2P mobile MMORPG #marketing!

grimace

Arcane
Lineage 2: Revolution is a free-to-play mobile MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) based on the popular PC online IP “Lineage.”

http://l2.netmarble.com/en#main

https://venturebeat.com/2017/10/20/netmarble-enlists-conan-obrien-to-market-lineage-2-revolution/

Netmarble Games is preparing to publish its blockbuster mobile game Lineage 2: Revolution in the West, and it has enlisted TV late-night comedian Conan O’Brien to help it raise awareness in the U.S. and Europe.

The O’Brien appearance is part of an aggressive marketing campaign as the company prepares to launch the free-to-play, massively multiplayer online action role-playing game in the U.S. and Europe on November 15, said Seungwon Lee, chief global officer of Netmarble Games, in an interview with GamesBeat. The stakes are high, as Lineage 2: Revolution scored an astounding $176 million in revenues in its first month in South Korea alone. More than 1 million people have signed up for the global version.

Lineage 2: Revolution scored an astounding $176 million in revenues in its first month in South Korea alone.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...’Brien-Netmarble-Partner-Lineage-2-Revolution

SEOUL, South Korea--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Netmarble, the fastest growing mobile game company in Asia, has partnered with late night host Conan O’Brien to create digital entertainment content for the company’s upcoming MMORPG, Lineage 2: Revolution. The popular celebrity joined Netmarble onstage at TwitchCon 2017 in October to announce the game’s November 15, 2017 launch date and to help debut the company’s ‘30 vs. 30 Fortress Siege’ battle featuring top streamers from across the world. The event drew more than 1.2 million viewers on Twitch, shattering records and garnering lots of interest from gamers around the world. Conan will now partner with Netmarble in a two-part comedic video series for Lineage 2: Revolution leading up to its November 15, 2017 launch.

Conan O’Brien, whose regular “Clueless Gamer” videos draw millions of viewers both on-air and online, will collaborate with Netmarble on the two-part series, which will appear online around the time of Lineage 2: Revolution’s mid-November launch. In the videos, Conan will be seen doing his part to usher in the next wave of mobile gaming, and using Lineage 2: Revolution as a way to de-stress from his taxing life as a Hollywood celebrity. In addition, a bonus ‘behind-the-scenes’ video interview with Conan will go live the same day for fans to enjoy.

Conan beats up fantasy characters – Lineage 2: Revolution (50s)

https://youtu be/McLVHwg2HqM

Conan wants to break your flat screen – Lineage 2: Revolution (50s)

https://www.youtube com/watch?v=80zpMNrEi20

Watch as Conan holds a phone (green screened to included the sick graphix) and tells console bros they can play on a smart phone.

How much money will the English version
make for Netmarble NCSoft?

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Now!
i12A5H6.jpg

Wulfstand

Prophet
The flatscreen ad was actually hilarious. As everyone else is saying, won't touch the game with a 10 foot pole.

grimace

Arcane
The flatscreen ad was actually hilarious. As everyone else is saying, won't touch the game with a 10 foot pole.

The ads are great. We're talking about the game.

I know nothing of the gameplay.

grimace

Arcane
Reviews on the Google Play store describe the game as "Auto Quest" ... so you hold a hot phone in your hand and watch as the game plays itself? A cutscene loads and your phone resets.

Gerrard

Arcane
I watched Kripp play this for a bit, and by play I mean he was clicking shit in the menus while his character was fighting.

So yeah.

grimace

Arcane
I watched Kripp play this for a bit, and by play I mean he was clicking shit in the menus while his character was fighting.

So yeah.

Millions of dollars of revenue. Where does the money come from?

Elex

Arbiter

So yeah.

Millions of dollars of revenue. Where does the money come from?
corea, basically the same people that played 24/24 lineage 1/2 10-15 years ago have switched to the mobile versions and now play on the wc and in the tram.

x2jpRc0_d.jpg

(and this is only a part of the revenue)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom