Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lightweight modlist for Skyrim?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I'm looking to try Skyrim with some mods and I'm on the lookout for a reasonable modlist. Most modlists however either include shit mods or are so extensive that it would take more time installing the mods than one will spend playing the actual game.

Requiem and the improved inventory seems like given things but is there anything else? (Don't say loverslab...)

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't think anyone here actually bought Skyrim or even considers it a game. I think you're on the wrong site to ask for help with it, unless you're struggling to find the uninstall button maybe.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Realistic Water, Trade and Barter, Vivid Weather, and Requiem Behind the Curtain. YASH might also be a mod you can check out. It's very lightweight, and it's pretty damn brutal.

Sentinel

Arcane
71Ip0q0.png

This is what I used to use a long time ago.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So should one use regular requiem or requiem behind the curtain?

Opinions?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Ah, the "old" Elder Scrolls experience... Spend 5 hours looking through the nexus' mod lists, spend another hour to find all the required tools and script extenders and whatnot, another hour to figure out if they even still work with the current version of the game, spend 2 hours installing it all according to some tutorial by Gopher, and then have it all crash anyway.
And then you realize you need to get back to work, playtime's over!

I'm certainly glad that mods are a thing, don't get me wrong... But maybe if Bethesda did their damn job, people wouldn't have to worry about cutting their mod lists down to reasonable lengths...

a cut of domestic sheep prime

71Ip0q0.png

This is what I used to use a long time ago.
Seconded. Live Another Life is probably the best mod there is because it lets you avoid the asinine main quest for as long as you want. Requiem sucks. Wildcat was a lot better and doesn't have the same compatibility issues. Though this list is missing Better Vampires and a Needs mod.

The game is still going to suck, but you won't be as irritated by it with these.

Under Windows 10, search for "Add or Remove Programs", the famous award-winning mod starter made by Microsoft. Launch it and select Skyrim, then click "next" until the installation is finished.
2IYAHoA.jpg

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm looking to try Skyrim with some mods and I'm on the lookout for a reasonable modlist. Most modlists however either include shit mods or are so extensive that it would take more time installing the mods than one will spend playing the actual game.

Requiem and the improved inventory seems like given things but is there anything else? (Don't say loverslab...)

It´s impossible to play Skyrim with a light modlist, man. Really, I mean... TRULY impossible. I did a long playthrough earlier this year and reached the maximum limit of mods, just to make the game correct defects and irritating things. Not to mention SKSE, LOOT, ENB, TES5Edit, TES5LODGen, etc.

The game is a disaster and the developers are the most sloppy in the world of games. I suggest you go to Reddit and look for the Definitive Skyrim Mod List 2017. Or this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/wiki/essential_mods

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Have to agree with Wildcat. It's a top-shelf mod. Lightweight too and doesn't have compatibility problems. YASH+Wildcat+Vigor is a fucking insane combination.

I'm wondering if Revenge of the Enemies+Wildcat is a good, lightweight combination.

Funposter

Arcane
Figure I'll post this here, since I've voiced the opinion in one or two other threads. To me that best "lightweight" modlist would basically be:

SMIM
Ultimate Combat 3.0
TK Dodge
Wildcat
Ordinator
Spell mod of choice (Apocalypse etc.)
Morrowloot
Classic Classes and Birthsigns

Textures, character overhauls (Wyndsong etc.), town extensions (JK's, Dawn Of, ETaC etc.) are optional, but I think this list gets down to the barebones of what makes Skyrim potentially fun to play without attempting to turn it into something else entirely. UC, TK Dodge and Wildcat fix the combat by making it more reactive and deadly, while also adding new attacks to "boss" creatures such as Giants, Dwarven Centurions and Dragon Priests. Ordinator makes levelling up far more satisfying, as the "attacks do 20% more damage" perks are replaced by things which actually change the way you play, and Classic Classes fits together with this perfectly. The Crusader class for instance receives a flat 20% bonus to Blunt Weapon attacks, which allows it to synergize with perks such as 'Smite' in the One-Handed tree. A spell mod basically makes playing a Mage more satisfying, and Morrowloot probably doesn't require much of an explanation. The only problem with it is that it sort of messes with Alternate Start mods, as you can't exactly show up to Solitude and make it a home base at Level 1.

There's other stuff that you can add, of course. Immersive Creatures adds more variety to dungeon crawling and has an MCM menu to cut out most of bullshit components. An economy overhaul can make things like saving up for a house feel more rewarding, and Ars Metallica means that players who don't want to touch Smithing or Enchanting can access those services at a cost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom