Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Life in the PIT

Sticks

Barely Literate
The PIT maneuver, or Pursuit Intervention Technique, is a pursuit tactic by which a pursuing car can force a fleeing car to abruptly turn sideways, causing the driver to lose control and stop.

Life in the PIT, is about the characters of the apocalypse, living day to day, and ultimately meeting their fates in the testosterone filled cages we call muscle cars.

The elevator pitch would be The Sims meets Car Wars. I don't know how strict an RPG it would be called, Baldur's Gate it is not. It aims to provide a broad view of life in the wastes. And, if you get caught by slavers, life in the pit.

The basis of Life in the PIT came about when playing Dark-Wind, a post apocalyptic recreation of car wars. Think Mad Max meets football manager.

The direction of the wasters is much like The Sims. With direct control being offloaded to the wasters themselves to try to keep themselves alive. Think of yourself as their guardian angel, keeping the bad men away from your... equally bad men and women.

Look to see Life in the PIT some time around Half Life 3. I kid, but really I don't.

Egosphere

Arcane
Can't understand what you're saying.

But an RPG in a post apoc setting where you're a driver in some muscle car blood-sport would be pretty cool. You could have the standard isometric gameplay, but with the main quests being to complete the races until you challenge the head honcho or escape from the giant city-prison-car colosseum. Depending on who dies/survives in each race would act as c&c for the side quests before the next race. You could have companions that repaired your car, or acted as wing men during the driving parts, spied on what upgrades the other factions are adding to their vehicles etc. You could cram plenty of skill checks into each race, have plenty of lee way in your builds ( like uber skilled high dex/perception build who is the best, or hyper intelligent who knows everything about each track and each opponent, or useless driver but high luck build ), multiple ending slides for each faction etc. I'd buy that game

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I can't even begin to comprehend what this game is about other than you were really high when you made this thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom