Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's win the title in Football Manager 2014! (Soccer if you are a fag)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Should I add those highlights at the end of each match update but still use screenshots? Shouldn't I be using YT at all? Should I use it but the quality is just horrible so no?

I haven't used bandicam or fraps to record video, but xsplit is pretty nice. There are plenty of tutorials out there on what format(s) to set it to record in. Then, once something interesting happens in the highlights, you can rewind and record.

That being said, I'm fine with just screenshots and commentary if that means the updates will be more frequent. :P

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Previews from the next update:

morgangif1.gif

tumblr_mjzs3t0ZQq1rq4liyo1_400.gif

Coming Soon™

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
UPDATIN TIME

Update III - Matches, team talks and STATS

My computer crashed after a few matches and sine I am an idiot I didn't save or had the autosave feature turned to 'save after every match'. Thus the result of the video I posted before is negated.

But that gives me the chance to try a new tactic, sorry Ulmi :P

First we directly start with Codex vs Gamestar. I praised stabby and ranted about the opposing coach again in the prematch press conference but I somehow deleted them.

Anyway, that's our new tactic. Three AM with two of them being shadow strikers and the central AM being the advanced playmaker. The two CM are ball winning midfielders to secure midfield. As you can see it is a very offensive tactic, I hope we can score more goals with this.
r2Qzijo.jpg

HzcAaII.png
: I obviously deleted the team talk. That's because it was probably irrelevant. Or because I am dumb. Well, go out there and win that thing, don't you dare acting like you did before everything crashed and I had to reload!
hOyx1CS.png
: So you basically admit you have been chea-
HzcAaII.png
: Do you never want to start a game again? Go on then, say it.
hOyx1CS.png
: ... Err, of course I wanted to say 'You admit you have been eating cheetos.
HzcAaII.png
: Sure you did. Alright, time for the match!

And the game starts pretty well! Jim with our first chance
Xf8eLrn.jpg

Just a few seconds later Menck has the lead on his feet but the keeper manages to save
HH8pJZf.jpg

And again a chance for us! Jvegi get's the ball to Menck who fails at the keeper again
hiaJpYC.jpg

zcsd5CM.jpg

Instead...
Codex 0 - 1 GameStar
xc1QxNq.jpg

:rage:

Jim played the ball to abns
G57BlCu.jpg

Who lost the ball
G57BlCu.jpg

The enemy striker then is like ten times faster than DDZ
RJugERU.jpg

Seriously, look at this, is DDZ even trying to catch up?!
MerCjRf.jpg

Stabby didn't stand a chance
At1d6FS.jpg

But despite that incident we keep control of the match. Another great chance for us by shiteatingnippledick
lF9HvDE.jpg

And only minutes later
Codex 1 - 1 GameStar
6FKmzin.png

YES! The Equalizer! Thank god for that striker!

Abns with a long ball for Menckenstein
0CASwWp.jpg

Menck then played the ball to sea who got into the penalty area and returned the ball to Menck!
1o732uP.jpg

q5b3GMQ.jpg

And Menck shoved it over the line!
Qi4Grmu.jpg

Nice one!

Half time then.
HzcAaII.png
: Wait I also deleted the half time speech?! Err... well you've been not bad, the goal we received is upsetting but you are good enough to still win this.

But GameStar is getting stronger, stabby has to save spectacular here
DXxOqBp.jpg

But instead...
Codexia 2 - 1 GameStar
6FKmzin.png

And it's... shiteatingnippledick?! I... am surprised.
dRRFyFr.jpg

Raw played the ball through the gap to Menck who moved very nicely in the channel.
N6zylwc.jpg

Menck then played it to shitnipple who just took a direct shot:
TzfVzy5.jpg

lXFNVPw.jpg

Again a very nice goal.

Then a bear named spigot get's a second yellow and thus a red card for arguing with the officials too much. Well, I knew that would be happening one day so I guess I can't complain.
ST1Nspb.jpg

Since it is just an AM that is sent off I just substitute shitnipple since he is exhausted. Jagged Appliance gets some play time.
Tb7cIwZ.jpg

Not much happens then until in the 90th minute...
6FKmzin.png

Codexia 3 - 1 GameStar
And it's abnaxus!
lJXJADH.jpg

Again it's a corner. Raw is taking the corner very well again
K1r6D7F.jpg

It goes to Abnaxus who manages to push it over the line
LLh9krq.jpg

And then it's finished. What a great game!
HzcAaII.png
: Phew, a team talk pic. Well that was an amazing game, you all did very, very good and I am proud of you! Let's keep this up!
GcEC8uR.jpg

A relatively even game stats wise with us being a bit more dominant
8xb46SS.jpg

Shots shots shots
O3mmLUy.jpg

Well it seems the new tactic is working already! Let's see if we just surprised the opponent or if this would actually be a good alternative.
Also the whole team did really good with Menck and Abnaxus standing out from a very good playing team.

After the game I assure the press that abns will return to the pitch as soon as possible
vQDWFfq.jpg

Abnaxus is in the team of the week. Congratulations!
YLloQNa.jpg

And right before the next league match Raw suffers from a flu. Not good. Not good at all.
SbuhsMe.jpg

Well gotta do without him then. Jagged Appliance takes his spot in Eurogamer v Codexia!
7Jujcrh.jpg

HzcAaII.png
: Well you played really, really good last time! Just continue where you left off and we should be fine!
AieqGHm.jpg

And the game hasn't even really started yet when...
6FKmzin.png

Eurogamer 0 - 1 Codexia
Woah! After 12 seconds! Menck is getting better and better!
qR5g5Dj.jpg

Jim brought the ball to shitnipple
Z1DZBF4.jpg

who immediately got it forward to Menck who moved away from his defender!
ad9Wdcw.jpg

And Menck did exceptionally well then by hammering the ball in from a very difficult angle
Vrg7Xex.jpg

im2QSnc.jpg

Wow, we are really doing very good!

And only 12 minutes later we score again!
6FKmzin.png

Eurogamer 0 - 2 Codexia
The hell is going on, we are absolutely on fire! It's shitnipple again!
jjSutXT.jpg

Jagged Appliance got the ball forward to Menck
CiW99Ix.jpg

who played a great ball to the already starting shitnipple
u05PW1p.jpg

And he scored a beautiful goal with a nice and placed finish.
Xotyi5w.jpg

C4J0XOm.jpg

And we've got even more chances to increase our lead! Menck is missing the goal here.
BgP7Tb0.jpg

In the 43rd minute Irenaeus gets injured. Crap, hopefully it's nothing serious! We need him! Well, at least felipepepe makes his debut that way.
dtZ5hhw.jpg

Half Time

HzcAaII.png
: Again no half time pic? Well just go on playing like that. Let's send those guys home 5-0!

Eurogamer 1 - 2 Codexia
And Irens injury does indeed weaken us. In the 59th minute Eurogamer scores.
hLvSIV0.jpg

Crap.

Abnaxus didn't manage to reach the ball with a header so it was through to the opponent's striker.
xZGZ4Jn.jpg

Stabby didn't stand a chance.
CBHOdIH.jpg

They have a couple more chances so in the 82nd minute we substitute to play more defensive.
zJdwbJQ.jpg

And the substitutes are not even on the pitch when
6FKmzin.png

Eurogamer 1 - 3 Codexia
Yes! That should seal it for sure! It's Jagged Appliance who scored!
QvAQ2zS.jpg

Menck, who was roaming from his position played the ball to felipepepe who ran through the center.
Nr8p6l5.jpg

Felipe then brought the ball to Jagged Appliance with a very nice pass
vTCD06X.jpg

And JA had the goal at his mercy and did well with a clinical finish
ehf0vQv.jpg

AKKDDEX.jpg

Eurogamer 2 - Codexia 3
But in the 92nd minute Eurogamer managed to get one back again
SBgblXZ.jpg

:x

Yeye made a good sliding tackle but that tackle brought the ball right in front of the strikers feet!
Nxdcsty.jpg

And that one didn't take any chances here.
kD3jM3U.jpg

XZP1OyK.jpg

Thank god the game was over afterwards.

HzcAaII.png
: Phew, that was close. But still, a good and important victory. Carry on guys!
qQwSSUX.jpg

We had the more and better chances but Eurogamer was more clinical in it's finishing I guess.
hdbFGAA.jpg

No shots pic this time.

Well, let's see how Iren is doing. Hopefully he'll be back in a week or tw-
gfiJXF0.jpg

:rage:

THREE F-ING MONTHS! This is a major blow. Oh Christ. I hope that tindrli is taking his chance and develops soon enough :/

I cry a bit about losing Iren on the press conference
E8W1kYa.jpg

7TzmNYC.jpg

I then go on to my favorite subject: insulting other managers.
sCruBo0.jpg

I especially like this one where I say that I am disgusted by Eurogamers coach. I am sure everyone in the football world loves me.
MHk7l59.jpg

Then suddenly this pops up in my LP FM folder
7cZoJLg.jpg

:decline:

Also this. Don't ask, I have no idea.
Om6JBEW.jpg

Ah, alright, more FM screens now. Menck claims the record for the quickest goal in the league EVAR
dLXvoBZ.jpg

And stabby and shitnipple are named in the team of the week. Stabby is doing really good, she's a great backing to the team.
ZN8nXCO.jpg

Whelp, time for the next match. It's the second round of the cup with Duisburg v Codexia.
I rotated a bit due to exhaustion. ZZ and Ulminati are playing AM now although Ulmi is completely unfamiliar with this position. Still, it needs to be.
F7OKuOF.jpg

HzcAaII.png
: This shouldn't be a problem at all. They are a third division team after all and you are doing great in the league. So don't get complacent out there like you did against that lower team in the first round! I am warning you, you will all take extra training hours if you fail this match!
tTpsF5k.jpg

We started off very dominantly. Menck got the ball to sea who was already at full speed.
ZR7Q9Q3.jpg

9i4drHa.jpg

Sea went for goal but was denied by the keeper.
NcYvgjy.jpg

But only minutes later...
6FKmzin.png

Duisburg 0 - 1 Codexia
It's Jvegi who scored!
olbb31y.jpg

Ulmi played a nice ball to Menck who then passed it on to Jvegi. Jvegi did a great job by getting himself clear of any defenders.
qNKRYbF.jpg

d9hBrWU.jpg

And Jvegi doesn't hesitate but puts the ball in the net with a well placed finish
lnkdHX0.jpg

4kyX02Z.jpg

Then sea hits a free kick from a promising position
KnCoatF.jpg

7H8NOGT.jpg

And it's in!
6FKmzin.png

Duisburg 0 - 2 Codexia
6v63Ffa.jpg

But it's only minutes until Duisburg gets back into the game.
o0ssFux.jpg

We are conceding goals in every match, this is worrying.

Sea lost an aerial duel close to the goal which forwarded the ball to the opponent striker
gM0tARi.jpg

2aRkkSt.jpg

Stabby didn't stand a chance again.
J4rZlew.jpg

Then this happened. Duisburg nearly equalized because stabby was out of her mind or something. She was doing a throw out to DDZ. Or at least she tried. She threw the ball right into an opponent player's feet who immediately processed the ball by playing it to the starting winger.
0RNlF52.jpg

5GbItLO.jpg

90x9CH8.jpg

The winger entered the penalty area and passed the ball back to the striker!
7n2x3pi.jpg

But thankfully stabby managed to save the shot and corrected her mistake that way. This shouldn't be happening to often though!
jV1EZyS.jpg

Half time then.
HzcAaII.png
: Oh look, a half time screen. You are playing ok, but you can do better. Come on, this team is nowhere your strength after all.
OJ85OPH.jpg

And right after the restart:
6FKmzin.png

Duisburg 1 - Codexia 3
An own goal by a Duisburg defender!
9erxSaJ.jpg

ZZ brought the corner in and a striker couldn't have done better than that defender by kicking the ball into his own net.
jDITGmd.jpg

N3rOkpY.jpg

95BU5DE.jpg

At the 77th minute zwanzig_zwoelf dives horribly into a tackle in an attempt to break the opponents legs or something.
j6IOZKt.jpg

2KldyAF.jpg

Of course he sees the red card for this and will probably be missing a few cup matches.
s1HTApO.jpg

I then substitute Kashmir Slippers who is injured and Ulminati. Coming for them are Zdzisiu and Jagged Appliance.
sQy1bmC.jpg

The game goes on then without anything spectacular but in the final seconds of the game
6FKmzin.png

Duisburg 1 - 4 Codexia
Jagged Appliance scores!
e7iDiAm.jpg

Sea crossed the ball in and JA lost his defender, heading the ball in.
xDe4Wkg.jpg

9ni5K1v.jpg

After that the game was over and I forgot to take a team talk. But still took a screenshot. Wat.

HzcAaII.png
: ....
wZsMrVv.png
: Coach? Don't you want to say something?
HzcAaII.png
: ....
hOyx1CS.png
: Err... let's just leave. This is getting creepy.
Ix4eYdc.jpg

According to the stats it was a surprisingly even game. But still it was a very convincing win so who cares about the stats!
nprkyOu.jpg

Lots of shots
5RJC4Cn.jpg

After the game I find out that JA will be injured for about 6 weeks. We are getting serious injury issues.
6XfmPP2.jpg

Also the next cup round is drawn. We'll be going against PC Gamer. Finally a worthy contestant!
lQb9L1o.png

Praising sea a bit
LtnwOKB.jpg

Also of course I applaud ZZ for his horrible foul!
dxIFhaL.jpg

And of course we appeal against his ban, this is clearly a plot against the great Codexia FC!
Z8L5kzo.jpg

But it gets rejected because I basically just said 'Lol faggits no red card'.
nJ6z56L.jpg

Alright, before completing this update here are some private chats with a few selected players (LARPed to be more entertaining than just plain screens) and a few player statistics.
Time for the private chats. First: Stabby.

eivm8ey.png
: Hey coach, you wanted to see me? What's up?
HzcAaII.png
: Indeed. I just wanted to tell you that you are doing pretty good. That throw off during the cup match was horrible though. You need to step up your concentration.
eivm8ey.png
: It wasn't my fault! DDZ was yelling stuff at me about me marrying him and stuff, that distracted me!
HzcAaII.png
: What kind of a goalkeeper are you if you are getting distracted by this?! Also DDZ has a pig farm and obviously can make a living from it so maybe he wouldn't be the worst choice for y-
eivm8ey.png
: Are you just telling me that I should marry DDZ?! Is this really happening?!
HzcAaII.png
: Err. No. Of course not. Err. .... Yes?
eivm8ey.png
: What does this even have to do with my goalkeeping abilities? Are you confused?
HzcAaII.png
: Not more than anytime else which means I am glad if I can think straight for 5 seconds. I think we should end this now before I talk more dumb stuff. Thank you for your time!
eivm8ey.png
: You are welcome. Actually I liked talking about that stuff and it increased my morale :3

Gooooood. Next one in line: Jim the Dinosaur

GZhw1wV.png
: Hey boss, you wanted to see me?
HzcAaII.png
: Yeah I just wanted to tell you that you are doing really good! Your abilities to win balls from the opponent are really helping us out! Also your training development is pretty good.
GZhw1wV.png
: Wow, thanks! Is there a hook to you giving me all that praise?
HzcAaII.png
: Yes. You won't be playing for a while.
GZhw1wV.png
: WHAT?! Why? I thought I'd be that good!
HzcAaII.png
: Well you are. In fact you are too good. The other midfielders are getting worried already, I need to let them show off that they can do the job too.
GZhw1wV.png
: ... I don't think that makes sense.
HzcAaII.png
: Yeah, it probably doesn't.
GZhw1wV.png
: So?
HzcAaII.png
: What so? This meeting is over, get out of my office now!
GZhw1wV.png
: ?! Alright, see you then. But don't think I will take this lightly, you have seriously damaged my morals with all this crap.

And the last one. I want to convince Jvegi that he'd make a good mentor for Zdzisiu. They both don't really like the idea.

NISeYM0.jpg
: Yes Coach? What's on your mind?
HzcAaII.png
: You know Zdzisiu right? Well of course you do, he's on your team. But I just thought it'd be really beneficial to his development if you could mentor him off the pitch. You know, be his big brother. Go to the cinema and stuff.
NISeYM0.jpg
: Err, are you serious? Also, I don't know. I don't really want to work with Zdzisiu, he seems a bit strange. Also he keeps looking at me this weird way.
HzcAaII.png
: Oh come on, I'm sure you'd make a lovely duo. You really should get to knowing each other better.
NISeYM0.jpg
: Err, ok? When you put it that way it sounds a bit weird, you know? But if you think it would be a good idea, fine, I can try...
HzcAaII.png
: Great! Let's invite Zdzisiu to this meeting then!
bHppRJ5.png
: Yo, what's up people?
HzcAaII.png
: Jvegi here wants to tell you something. He is eagerly waiting to mentor you a bit, be your sensei, your buddy, your best fr-
NISeYM0.jpg
: Wait I never said tha-
bHppRJ5.png
: Being tutored by this creep?! Have you seen the stuff he and shitnipple are doing in the dressing room?! Seriously, there's no way I would ever get closer than 20 metres to Jvegi! I even run away from him while on the pitch!
NISeYM0.jpg
: What? I haven't done anything, I swear, look, I just want to play some football and don't even want to work with you either, you spoiled brat!
HzcAaII.png
: Oh, that explains your performances of late. Well but you should really try an-
NISeYM0.jpg
bHppRJ5.png
: NO!
HzcAaII.png
: Oook then. I won't force you. It's your choice after all. And it's not like I am butthurt about you not listening to my advice. That's perfectly fine. Yeah. You probably know better. And NOW GTFO MY OFFICE!
NISeYM0.jpg
bHppRJ5.png
: Moral drops to the ground

Alright, so much for that. And finally some statistics as how the players are doing in the league. Highlighted players are from our team.

Assists: Raw and Menck have both gathered 2 assists in the league yet. While this is
perfectly fine for Menck raw could do a bit better.
Boz4aSA.jpg

Goals: Menck is our best goal scorer, unsurprisingly. He needs to work on himself though if he wants the top scorer crown.
MktSdkT.jpg

Key headers: Abnaxus is leading the chart of won key headers. Not bad, he really is an absolutely vital defender and one of the best aerial players of the league so far. Look at the comparison to DDZ.
nMejAb6.jpg

Key Passes: Shitnipple has played the second most passes leading to dangerous scenes in the league! Render me surprised, especially since he was injured during the beginning of the season. Maybe he's not that bad after all.
2DA95VE.jpg

Cross completion rate: Also shitnipple has a 100 % cross completion rate! It doesn't say how often he has crossed but still, wtf!
dourT22.jpg

Player of the Match: Menck has been player of the match three times already - in 6 games. Not bad, not bad at all. Only Franck Ribery from RPGWatch has more awards, with 5 PoM / 6 Games.

And finally yellow cards: I'm a bit disappointed here. Only Iren and Abnaxus show up in that statistic with 2 yellow cards each. Take that japanese dude from RockPaperShotgun as a leading example, he already got 5 yellow cards in 6 games! Way to go!

We are doing pretty good so far! We have only lost one game and got one draw against a bigger club, winning four games in total. That's really good! If we keep going like this we might even win the title in our first season - but I really believe we will be getting a declining form somewhere in the season. Still a great start.
KsWrLas.jpg

Alright, this concludes today's update. It is quite huge so I split it up into different parts. I will probably start updating a bit more frequently but will only cover one or two matches per update instead. This will make things easier for me and enhance your reading experience.

Whelp, until then!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
HzcAaII.png
: I obviously deleted the team talk. That's because it was probably irrelevant. Or because I am dumb. Well, go out there and win that thing, don't you dare acting like you did before everything crashed and I had to reload!
hOyx1CS.png
: So you basically admit you have been chea-
HzcAaII.png
: Do you never want to start a game again? Go on then, say it.
hOyx1CS.png
: ... Err, of course I wanted to say 'You admit you have been eating cheetos.
HzcAaII.png
: Sure you did. Alright, time for the match!

You then proceeded to give me less than 20 minutes of playtime. It's not healthy to hold on to a grudge like that. :P

(You realize I can take away your xenonaut rail gun, right?)

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
You then proceeded to give me less than 20 minutes of playtime. It's not healthy to hold on to a grudge like that. :P

(You realize I can take away your xenonaut rail gun, right?)

You shall get your first squad appearance during the next update :cool: (also you played from the start as an AM during Part 3)

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
At least I'm making goals and not causing them anymore. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom