Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's trample the Evil in Co8 ToEE; Chapter VIII

How many ability points should the characters be allowed?

• Georgian potato (25)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic D&D (30)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Heroic D&D (35)

• Popamole (40)

• kingcomrade

• Total voters

Pope Amole

Educated
Nah, no reloads - it's totally unmanly. And such end is pretty much getting what you deserve since your playthrough was way too easy, because there was no killing of Ravnos & Gremag at level 1, no killing of hill giant at level 2-3 (really, he's totally doable on lvl 2, albeit with much hassle) and, the most important of them all, there was no grinding of quests in Hommlet and you have to have balls of titanium to grind them out.

Besides, what the hell that was with rogue and barbarian in the party? It's a D&D - it's 9 levels caster or GTFO.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
So, first you bottleneck in a door like a pussy against some cheap ass gnolls and then you go all macho in the hardest fight to date?
Sweet.
No reloads. If you tpk you tpk , end of line. Next five characters. Pick Luigi's too since he still following this.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ulminati said:
The witches try to save the day by tranquillizing everyone with Sleep scrolls.
:roll: Women cannot into understanding why scrolls suck. Too technical.

Well, they run out of normal spells, so I had to fall back to scrolls. It's better to have some chance of neutering your opponents than none.

Sitra Achara said:
Clausewitz said:
Steroid.jpg
My... life... is... mmhm... flushing... before my eyes...
:salute:

That's one fight you should never underestimate.

So, what shall it be? Restart? Reload? Reload + replace everyone?

It's already been decided. Expect an update this night.

Crooked Bee said:
Miss Bee realises that one cannot choose a creature when summoning one from a scroll.

I told ya you should've gone with Augment Summon and made me a summoner right from the start. :troll:

Yeah, but what for? Your summon would have bitten one opponent or not, than desummon itself. I preferred to save the slots for Entangle and Cure. Scrolls are not that cheap either - but they were good investment when it comes to healing magic.

:lol:

Hellraiser said:
Magnificent carnage! Glorious slaughter! A fitting end to a most magnificent attempt at trampling evil!

:thumbsup:

We feel humbled by your praise, oh Great Lord Keeper :salute:

Nonetheless, know this is not the end to our glorious slaughter, but a minor setback. :rpgcodex:

BTW, the waking up of sleeping soldiers was inspired by KotC. :salute:

That was an amazing idea - no-homo :love:

While considering a LP to make KotC was one of the options.

Johnny the Mule said:
So, first you bottleneck in a door like a pussy against some cheap ass gnolls and then you go all macho in the hardest fight to date?
Sweet.
No reloads. If you tpk you tpk , end of line. Next five characters. Pick Luigi's too since he still following this.

Gotta love the Codex for not being able to please them no matter what. :love: First, you are a wimp when you bottleneck... then you are an idiot for not doing so...

You intepreted my update correctly, but drew the wrong conclusions from it.

This may be news for you, but we play our games to actually lose from time to time - challenge and all that. If I wanted an easy ride I would have played Derp Age: Origins, or something. I would like to point out two things: 1) if this was vanilla the battle would be ours. 2). We would have won the battle if not for god-attrocious rolls - for a barbarian to fail hitting 17 AC guardsman? For 5 turns in a row? And the same guardsman criticing you like 3 times? Lareth dispelling every spell we cast?

Johnny the Mule

Educated
I dont interpret shit and dont draw any conclusions. I am all for all-out, no-ai-abuse type of fights.

Mrowak

Arcane
Johnny the Mule said:
I dont interpret shit and dont draw any conclusions.

Yes... I can see that. :roll:

I am all for all-out, no-ai-abuse type of fights.

You seem to be suggesting that I abused AI. But where exactly? That in the battle with gnolls I faught in a tight corridor, so as not to get outflanked and get AC penalty and put our casters to risk (who were bashed hard despite the precautions)? Is it my fault there was nothing out there to draw me out?

Suddenly using common sense is abusing AI? Well, it may be when AI lacks it, but who cares? I am not forced to switch off my braincells and scream 'Attack!' hoping that I will have lucky rolls and things will turn out as planned. Let's not LARP difficulty here.

spekkio said:
^

What? You lost?

You suck!

:decline:

[/current gamer]

:troll:

Good to see more people with common sense, now. :troll:

Anyway, update's tomorrow. I have a family business to take care of, first.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Updates, BRO. I ended up holding my Space Rangers LP hostage to make Paco update his BG2 LP. Don't push me BRO, I'm a loose cannon.

Mrowak

Arcane
Chapter IVa: Resurrection Zmartwychwstanie

During our previous session we saw our heroines and their slave being hopelessly steamrolled into a pile of spider foodstuff. There's not other option for us than to...

Steroid.jpg
No!

What 'no'?

Steroid.jpg
ITZ ain't no happened.

But everybody saw...!

Steroid.jpg
ITZ AIN'T NO HAPPEN!! :rage:

Nex.jpg
Better listen to him, sonny, unless you enjoy having shiny sharp objects shoved up your arse.

Huh? What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you like be dead, or something?

Nex.jpg
Last time I checked no one actually saw me dying. :smug:

Aislinn.jpg
Nor me!

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Or me!

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Or...

:rpgcodex: Now you were flat dead. Deader than that.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
What can I say? The powers of TPK prevented ALL of us from dying.

That's bloody cheap, and you know it.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Either you accept that that or roll another bunch of suicidal fools at level and see them getting eaten by Lareth and his crew.

There's no way around, it you say?

Nex.jpg
Technically, there is...

Steroid.jpg
Raghhhh!!

Nex.jpg
but you wouldn't want to consider that option. :troll:

Whatever... It's not that fancy swapping the whole party. But the rule still stands – Any of you dies again, barring a TPK and you will get replaced.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
'Tis a fair deal sonny.

I hope so! :rpgcodex:

pt5_0000_toee-2011-10-26-23-51-06-76.bmp.jpg

The fight opens as previously...

pt5_0001_toee-2011-10-26-23-51-14-36.bmp.jpg

Except that this time, we don't make fools out of ourselves and retreat to more favourable positions.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Make way!

pt5_0002_toee-2011-10-26-23-52-19-82.bmp.jpg

Some of the troops run after Anna Rexia. The others, notably archers and crossbowmen stay behind – the reason should be obvious.

pt5_0003_toee-2011-10-26-23-53-47-18.bmp.jpg

The captain calls for help. A wee bit earlier Aislinn sleepened(?) a few guards, and Nex cast Grease.

As you can see Clausewitz just doesn't have luck for AC rolls.

Steroid.jpg
:(

pt5_0004_toee-2011-10-26-23-55-42-14.bmp.jpg

In order to avoid the hassle of enemies waking up and striking behind our backs Clausewitz and the rest deal with helpless guardsmen.

Steroid.jpg
FRESH MEAT!

With EXTREME prejudice!

At this point I realise tha Lareth probably has some mental issues and wouldn't bother to come out of his cell when the enemies dare not to charge at his men but pick them one by one.

Nex.jpg
Lame! :rpgcodex:

pt5_0006_toee-2011-10-26-23-57-24-69.bmp.jpg

Bee patches the barbarian together as well as she can.

pt5_0007_toee-2011-10-27-00-01-42-02.bmp.jpg

The Master finally decides to move his sorry arse. Damn shame his men would have used his assistance like 3 turns earlier.

Anna Rexia and Clausewitz flank him getting +2 bonus to hit.

Miss Bee uses a scroll of summoning to call a small Air Elemental.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
At least it's not the water type. It still $^%#% sucks, though. :x

Meanwhile, seeing how Clausewitz phails to hit Lareth Aislinn resolves to provide extra hand for bashing.

Aislinn.jpg
Dear lieutenant, may I have a word with you please...

:Yes mistress... Whatever you say...:

Aislinn.jpg
:smug:

Finally, when he receives some serious skull-smashing Lareth starts talking sense.

pt5_0008_toee-2011-10-27-00-02-26-44.bmp.jpg

pt5_0010_toee-2011-10-27-00-03-25-92.bmp.jpg

pt5_0011_toee-2011-10-27-00-03-37-37.bmp.jpg

Too bad for him the party's homicidal instincts take over...

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
If he bargains with a golden chain, think what other loot he must have on himself!

Steroid.jpg
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!

Miss%20Bee.jpg
You, know Lareth, technically you are competition to me... :P

Aislinn.jpg
Spider priests are just so kawaikunai! :x

Nex.jpg
*cackle* You heard 'em! :twisted:

pt5_0012_toee-2011-10-27-00-04-04-91.bmp.jpg

Oh Lareth, perhaps in a different time line, you would have a marvellous team of sociopat diabolists. Alas, now you are out of luck.

With one lighting move Anna Rexia slits his throat.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg

But not before he summons a host of spiders.

Aislinn.jpg
:Eeeek!:

pt5_0013_toee-2011-10-27-00-04-24-19.bmp.jpg

Faced with animal opposition Miss Bee reads the last scroll of summoning she has to call a Black bear, which promptly takes care of one of the arachnids.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
:yeah:

pt5_0014_toee-2011-10-27-00-04-39-42.bmp.jpg

Nex puts to sleep another guard, but not the huge ass spider.

Nex.jpg
:x

pt5_0016_toee-2011-10-27-00-05-27-76.bmp.jpg

In spite of being poisoned by earlier attack the bear deals with eight-legged manace.

Moments later Anna Rexia cirtics the last standing guardsman.

pt5_0017_toee-2011-10-27-00-07-10-67.bmp.jpg

We dispose of our ally...

Aislinn.jpg
His charisma score was less than 14... :rpgcodex:

and everyone else... who slept through the whole encounter.

pt5_0017_toee-2011-10-27-00-07-10-67.bmp.jpg

We loot the corpses and the surroundings of armours, gold, and equipment and of course...

Aislinn.jpg
Scrollies!! :love:

pt5_0020_toee-2011-10-27-00-17-34-76.bmp.jpg

On our way back, we are faced with black spi...

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Better not to say the 's' word

Aislinn.jpg
:dizzy:

Black eight legged thingies.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
You mean black catoctopi?

Cthulhu-Cat.jpg

Yeah, totally them.

Two Sleep spells are enough to neutralize both spi... erm... catoctopi, so no problems there.

pt5_0021_toee-2011-10-27-00-19-32-81.bmp.jpg

Having noticed that we are very close to a level up the party resolves to hunt down some critters.

Nex.jpg
They'll be so dead in a second. :twisted:

Miss%20Bee.jpg
I think they technically are already.

Nex.jpg
In that case they'll be deader than ever. :twisted:

pt5_0022_toee-2011-10-27-00-26-37-64.bmp.jpg

Two ghouls are enough xp for everyone to reach next level, except for Miss Bee, who having scribed so much Cure scrolls is shorter on experience than the rest of the team.

Miss%20Bee.jpg

Seeing that we press northward to take care of the another two ghouls.

pt5a_0000_toee-2011-10-31-22-44-02-51.bmp.jpg

there's really nothing to write about regarding the level up, really.

Each of the chars focuses in one class except for Anna Rexia who is now 2nd level Fighter/ 2nd level Rogue with an extra Mobilit feat. As you can see, hp rolls are quite good this time around too.

Both Nex and Ailsinn pick 'the best 2nd level spell in the game'(TM). Nex selects one other spell but the memory fails me at this point, so awesome 'the best 2nd level spell in the game'(TM) is.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
So, how about calling it a day, and having a nap?

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Where? Here? Or you out of your mind?

Nex.jpg
Well, we are kinda short on spells and stuff. We could use some rest.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Only once we come back to Hommlet. Gotta rest in a real bed.

Aislinn.jpg
Yeah, that cold dungeon floor is really harsh on my skin.

Nex.jpg
And if we land into trouble on our way out?

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Trust me, there will be no trouble. ;)

pt5b_0000_toee-2011-10-31-22-45-24-23.bmp.jpg

Nex.jpg
You said something? :roll:

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Leave it up to my astounding diplomatic skills!

pt5b_0001_toee-2011-10-31-22-45-47-93.bmp.jpg

pt5b_0002_toee-2011-10-31-22-46-08-66.bmp.jpg

pt5b_0003_toee-2011-10-31-22-46-17-48.bmp.jpg

Nex.jpg
Gee. I wonder why you didn't go for a professional diplomatic career. :roll:

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Bitch!!! :x

*Battle*

pt5a_0001_toee-2011-10-31-22-46-34-40.bmp.jpg

Anna Rexia takes proper position, and expecting to be flooded with gang-rapists prepares here defences.

pt5a_0002_toee-2011-10-31-22-46-54-73.bmp.jpg

Zert charges at Anna but thankfully, misses. An archer readies an attack against our spell casters! When Miss Bee decides to convert her last 1st level spell into summoning a wolf he fires, but misses critically.

Bee's summoned pet, on the other hand, scores a critical bite against Kobort.

pt5a_0003_toee-2011-10-31-22-47-12-34.bmp.jpg

Kobort charge at Aislinn but fails to hit her. Unfortunately, the same applies to Clausewitz who having entered...

Steroid.jpg
:rage:

... mode rolls a critical miss against the fighter.

pt5a_0004_toee-2011-10-31-22-47-27-44.bmp.jpg

Aislinn casts Glitterdust on a bunch of enemies, rendering most of them (almost) useless.

pt5a_0005_toee-2011-10-31-22-47-44-72.bmp.jpg

Nex casts one remaining memorized Sleep spell. The enemies show some resistance to it. As you can see, evewryone and their dog wants to gang-rape our wolf.

pt5a_0006_toee-2011-10-31-22-48-19-73.bmp.jpg

A tragedy strikes, Kobort moves from his field and charges at Nex. While he does receive a crippling wound from Clausewitz that moves him into Disabled state, he manages to strike a heavy blow to Nex rendering her unconscious and cleaves (with a goddamn hammer) at Ailinn wounding her severely, before falling down from exertion.

pt5a_0007_toee-2011-10-31-22-48-42-08.bmp.jpg

The barbarian rushes to Aid Anna Rexia who found herself in a really awkward situation to be honest

Soon after that, Aislinn uses her Glitterdust spell on another group of enemies.

pt5a_0008_toee-2011-10-31-22-49-19-52.bmp.jpg

Miss be runs to revive Nex, suffering a minor scratch from Toruko's attack of opportunity. She suceeds!

The fighting goes on, and both sides exchange punches. Bee's wolf finally succumbs to the barrage of attacks

Miss%20Bee.jpg

Then, when Aislinn attempts to cast another of her spells...

pt5a_0010_toee-2011-10-31-22-49-42-61.bmp.jpg

She gets critic-hit by a blinded archer, and falls down senseless.

Nex.jpg
Shit! Time to stop fooling around! I will hold them off! Bee! Get her up and running!

pt5a_0011_toee-2011-10-31-22-49-58-28.bmp.jpg

Miss%20Bee.jpg
I don't have any more curing scrolls!

Nex.jpg
Oh, fuck!

Miss%20Bee.jpg
There's only one thing I can do...

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Source of all souls which dwell in eternal and infinite. Everlasting flame of blue, life and breath of Mother Earth, I pray thee come before me, and deliver her from OBLIVION!

Nex.jpg
It didn't fucking rhyme well at all. :rpgcodex:

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Who cares?

pt5a_0012_toee-2011-10-31-22-50-15-16.bmp.jpg

Nex.jpg
It worked! :retarded:

Miss%20Bee.jpg

Aislinn.jpg
I AM BACK TO THE WORLD! TREMBLE FEEBLE MORTALS!!!

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Nex.jpg
WTF? :retarded:

Aislinn.jpg
Sorry, got carried away :oops:

Miss%20Bee.jpg
That's one scroll of heal less :(

pt5a_0014_toee-2011-10-31-22-50-36-56.bmp.jpg

Once one her feet again, Aislinn shows that she means business!

Aislinn.jpg
:x

pt5a_0015_toee-2011-10-31-22-51-30-14.bmp.jpg

Toruko falls before Clausewitz's might!

Steroid.jpg
BLOOD!!

pt5a_0016_toee-2011-10-31-22-51-47-12.bmp.jpg

Having depleted our magical means almost completely, each characters uses conventional weapons to fend for herself/himself. Not that after laying the enemies with shitloads of curses before it came to that, didn't help them.

Everyone, apart from Aislinn, that is, who still had 2 1st level spells prepared. She disposes of two nuisances.

pt5a_0017_toee-2011-10-31-22-52-11-22.bmp.jpg

Oh yeah, Nex too had a scroll of Sleep stashed in her robe she uses to great effect.

Steroid.jpg
Me thinking, where she put dat in 'er rags?

Nex.jpg
You'd better not stretch your braincells too much lest you BlueScreen on us or something. :roll:

pt5a_0018_toee-2011-10-31-22-52-47-27.bmp.jpg

The last conscious enemy is laid waste to with Aislinn's Magic Missles.

Aislinn.jpg
They should, like totally, name the spell after me. :P

You know what happens afterwards – murder, pillage, raep etc etc.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
:roll:

pt5a_0019_toee-2011-10-31-22-55-21-86.bmp.jpg

Finally, the party heads back to the village...

pt5a_0020_toee-2011-10-31-22-55-30-62.bmp.jpg

Where they are faced with the choice that could change the very nature of their adventure!

pt5a_0021_toee-2011-10-31-22-55-34-02.bmp.jpg

pt5a_0022_toee-2011-10-31-22-55-41-90.bmp.jpg

You know what to do. Nex, Bee - pick your servants. I know that Aislinn wants a Snake, so no questions in that direction

Apart from that, Sitra Achra – can I give Clausewitz two levels as a fighter? How do you see your build now?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Re. animal companions, there's an in-game help entry with links to all the critters and their base ToEE stats. IIRC Jackals have the highest HP and survivability for the lower levels.

I don't mind fighter levels, but no more than a third of the total please.

Deitti

Augur
ah, update full of action and close deaths. too bad no permanent deaths :smug:

nice to see you taking advantage of the corridor, although personally i always beat Lareth & co in the open.

Moathouse ambush can sometimes be annoying, one time Kobort ran straight to my cleric and oneshotted her with one critical. almost felt like raging at that point. Generally it is easy encounter though, as everyone except Kobort and the one raging dog falls very fast. Only challenging aspect really is the fact that you have to do it right after Lareth.

Keep the updates coming, this one is fun to follow.

Mrowak

Arcane
Bad news lasses and lads. My internet provider pulled plug on me due to 'unforseen and unavoidable' circumstances (yeah, right :roll: like, the same blasted thing happened almost two weeks ago). I doubt I'll be able to update this week, or maybe this forthnight even. Fucking monopolists. :x This is what you get when you live in the last shithole beside the fence.

'W Polsce nie ma czarnych plam internetu' my arse. :rage:

Mrowak

Arcane
Chapter V: Po pijaku!

When we left our heroines they were pondering many important issues such as, where to squander the hard-earned loot, how rid Clausewitz of his socks without causing biohazard, which animal companion to choose, what scrolls to scribe, where to find the nearest beautician and such like stuff every self-respecting lady ponders over during long autumn evenings.

Finally, after dealing with mundane matters Anna poses a critical question:

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
What on earth we are doing here? We've got rid of on that Moathouse Manace – shouldn't we already be somewhere else, liberating loot?

Aislinn.jpg
Chill out a little? It's not that there's some nefarious temple full of demons, monsters and stuffie waiting there to be unleashed on the world.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Well, actually they Lareth mentioned something about 'Temple of Evil' in his diary.

Nex.jpg
What kind of wuss keeps a diary?

Aislinn.jpg
The tranny kind – which was pretty much the case with him.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Didn't that town priest fellow say something about a battlefield of do-gooders and temple folk?

Nex.jpg
Are you thinking what I am thinking?

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
That we should go out there to look for treasure.

Nex.jpg
I was thinking of clues on the temple's location that that'll do too.

But before our heroines head for the unknown, they wrap up scribing shitonnes of Glitterdust and Cure scrolls first.

pt6_0001_toee-2011-11-03-23-15-36-90.bmp.jpg

Then their journey is hindered by some pathetic apes with no survival instincts whatsoever.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Yawn?

pt6_0002_toee-2011-11-03-23-16-56-83.bmp.jpg

pt6_0004_toee-2011-11-03-23-19-08-50.bmp.jpg

pt6_0005_toee-2011-11-03-23-19-10-64.bmp.jpg

Once they arrive at the battlefield the slaughter commences.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Can you use that word in respect to undead?

Here's a small map:

toee-2011-11-04-00-19-59-45.jpg

pt6_0006_toee-2011-11-03-23-20-32-79.bmp.jpg

pt6_0007_toee-2011-11-03-23-22-49-49.bmp.jpg

Our heroes steamroll the opposition in location 2.

Nex.jpg
Really, nothing to write home about.

And move on location 3 where they meet even more sacrifices to the dark gods.

Nex.jpg
Can't we have something living? These folk hardly please the hivemind.

pt6_0008_toee-2011-11-03-23-24-39-42.bmp.jpg

pt6_0009_toee-2011-11-03-23-25-32-82.bmp.jpg

pt6_0010_toee-2011-11-03-23-27-34-29.bmp.jpg

pt6_0011_toee-2011-11-03-23-30-07-11.bmp.jpg

Do you remember that glorious days when all of these would prove to be challenging?

Aislinn.jpg
Seems like it was almost last week or so.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Yawn?

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Btw, don't you think we forgot about something crucial?

Aislinn.jpg
Like trimming toe nails?

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Or a make-up?

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
You forgot about make-up?

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Aislinn.jpg
Nex.jpg
:shame:

Miss%20Bee.jpg
on you that you haven't noticed I hadn't used any so far. :troll:

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Aislinn.jpg
Nex.jpg

Miss%20Bee.jpg
I meant more that we are missing our animal companions.

Aislinn.jpg
Oh yeah, animal companions – totally necessary.

Nex.jpg
Like, you can't do shit without them?

Miss%20Bee.jpg

Thus, the ladies summon their familiars:

pt6_0012_toee-2011-11-03-23-44-41-92.bmp.jpg

pt6_0013_toee-2011-11-03-23-44-48-46.bmp.jpg

Miss Bee calls forth Ursa, the Black Bear:

pt6_0014_toee-2011-11-03-23-45-23-32.bmp.jpg

pt6_0015_toee-2011-11-03-23-45-31-00.bmp.jpg

Nex summons Ganesh, the Rat”

pt6_0016_toee-2011-11-03-23-45-50-90.bmp.jpg

pt6_0017_toee-2011-11-03-23-45-57-84.bmp.jpg

And Aislinn summons Orochi, the Snake.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
So what now?

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Beside stitching everyone back together? I guess we can pick whatever is under that colourful rock.

pt6_0018_toee-2011-11-03-23-46-30-52.bmp.jpg

Aislinn.jpg
Clausewitz! Would you be so kind and bring whatever's under that stone in locale 4?

Steroid.jpg
Duhh... :retarded:

Miss%20Bee.jpg
You are doing it wrong! Clausewitz, fetch! :rpgcodex:

Steroid.jpg
:sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff:

pt6_0019_toee-2011-11-03-23-47-05-25.bmp.jpg

Nex.jpg
Oh, shit!

Aislinn.jpg
Cheelax a little. It's not that they are any significant opposition

pt6_0020_toee-2011-11-03-23-47-44-55.bmp.jpg

Aislinn.jpg

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Well, they are undead? Don't you know? My summoned bear worked just fine!

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Well, the shit's with your familiar rushed straight into the sphere that makes them more powerful.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
A minor trade off :oops:

pt6_0021_toee-2011-11-03-23-48-03-48.bmp.jpg

Nex.jpg
So those folks, are not immune to blinding for some reason.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
:retarded:

Our heroines + half-orc focus their attacks on the single skeleton cleric in the hope that they'll put him/her/it down before he/she/it becomes a problem. Did I mention that the party bought blunt weapons earlier so as to bypass skelies' damage resistance?

Nex.jpg
You conveniently forgot... :roll:

Oh well...

pt6_0024_toee-2011-11-03-23-49-35-89.bmp.jpg

After a few turns of serious bear bashing and glitterdusting mixed with a notch of flame producing the skeleton priest falls down before he manages to cause any major problems.

pt6_0025_toee-2011-11-03-23-49-53-43.bmp.jpg

The bear finishes off another skelington.

pt6_0026_toee-2011-11-03-23-50-26-85.bmp.jpg

Clausewitz takes care of another one.

pt6_0027_toee-2011-11-03-23-50-44-44.bmp.jpg

Miss Bee significantly contributes to the third's demise.

pt6_0028_toee-2011-11-03-23-50-59-77.bmp.jpg

Hence, we reach the encounter conclusion

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
:yawn:

The party moves to locale 5 where they meet more victims.

pt6_0029_toee-2011-11-03-23-53-56-94.bmp.jpg

Again, nothing overly impressive.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Speak for yourself. We are running out of scrolls here! :rpgcodex:

We move towards place 6 where we meet this:

pt6_0031_toee-2011-11-04-00-07-49-99.bmp.jpg

Fortunately, Aislinn disables its eyes.

pt6_0032_toee-2011-11-04-00-08-05-17.bmp.jpg

And then Nex fires out hilarious joke that makes it roll around laughing.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
It looks like a certain witcher I know.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Why do you call 'it'?

Miss%20Bee.jpg
I refuse to believe one can falls so low to be excluded from sentient beings.

pt6_0033_toee-2011-11-04-00-08-21-40.bmp.jpg

If I wrote there was an epic, exhilarating battle with many casualties on both sides...

pt6_0034_toee-2011-11-04-00-10-10-69.bmp.jpg

… I would lie. Anyway, it's Miss Bee who delivers the decisive blow throw this time.

Miss%20Bee.jpg

pt6_0035_toee-2011-11-04-00-10-42-16.bmp.jpg

Then we take care of the giant's pet.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Can't we leave him alone?

I can't help but notice, that you call it 'him'...

Miss%20Bee.jpg
I am a droid druid, duh... :roll:

Aislinn.jpg
Then why...?

Miss%20Bee.jpg
それは秘密です

Nex.jpg
Ok :retarded:

Nex.jpg
Anyway, the bear dies NOW!!

Miss%20Bee.jpg

Aislinn.jpg
XP :love:

pt6_0035_toee-2011-11-04-00-10-42-16.bmp.jpg

pt6_0036_toee-2011-11-04-00-11-20-87.bmp.jpg

We loot the giant's corpse.

pt6_0037_toee-2011-11-04-00-11-38-76.bmp.jpg

Soon after that the party gets back to Hommlet.

pt6_0038_toee-2011-11-04-00-20-25-84.bmp.jpg

There they take their rewards.

Aislinn.jpg
And XP :love:

pt6_0039_toee-2011-11-04-00-21-11-38.bmp.jpg

pt6_0040_toee-2011-11-04-00-21-13-24.bmp.jpg

pt6_0041_toee-2011-11-04-00-21-16-45.bmp.jpg

More XP...

Aislinn.jpg
:love:

pt6_0042_toee-2011-11-04-00-25-37-90.bmp.jpg

And even more XP...

Aislinn.jpg
:bounce:

pt6_0043_toee-2011-11-04-00-48-44-05.bmp.jpg

Ultimately, they are directed towards new source of trouble:

pt6_0044_toee-2011-11-04-00-50-58-47.bmp.jpg

Orkz orking around again?

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Watch out or your lame arse drunken jokes might stand a chance of making us burst out laughing. :roll:

Thus, chapter V comes to an end. It wasn't supposed to be so short long, but I posting drunk on the 'Dex so I can do shit and stuffies and roofles and all that. Also, ololololololololololololll!!!1111111

Will post more when I feel less angst butthurt weltschmerz. Take care. :salute: :retarded:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, Emridy's a cakewalk at that level.

Now for HB... in Ulminati's playthrough he went back to Hommlet to rest, allowing them to regroup. Thus, it's your duty to do show what happens when you don't!

You should probably do the Imeryds run first to secure some better equipment.

Also, rumor has it the Hommlet Traders are looking for artifacts of deceased evil priests. Why don't you indulge them? Surely you can spare Lareth's boots? ;)

Lastly - regarding the recently acquired jaunty hat.
Steroid.jpg
give it to meeeee!

Mrowak

Arcane
Sitra Achara said:
Yeah, Emridy's a cakewalk at that level.

Now for HB... in Ulminati's playthrough he went back to Hommlet to rest, allowing them to regroup. Thus, it's your duty to do show what happens when you don't!

Does it count when after squandering all my spells, I laid the party to rest in the area? Else, I fear I'm past the stage. (Still haven't completed Hicory's Branch, though).

You should probably do the Imeryds run first to secure some better equipment.

Too late for that, I fear. We are well into popping the moles orkz.

Also, rumor has it the Hommlet Traders are looking for artifacts of deceased evil priests. Why don't you indulge them? Surely you can spare Lareth's boots? ;)

Lastly - regarding the recently acquired jaunty hat.
Steroid.jpg
give it to meeeee!

Where did I put it...? :oops:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I see the girls forgot to pick up the magic elven chain next to the giant :smug:

Mrowak

Arcane
Nex said:
please ma'am may i have another?

In due time, Nex. I'll try to post the whole HB run this evening. I can't promise that, though - I have some work to do first and am not sure how much time it will take up.

Ulminati said:
I see the girls forgot to pick up the magic elven chain next to the giant :smug:

pt6_cicled.jpg

Anna%20Rexia.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom