Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's trample the Evil in Co8 ToEE; Chapter VIII

How many ability points should the characters be allowed?

• Georgian potato (25)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic D&D (30)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Heroic D&D (35)

• Popamole (40)

• kingcomrade

• Total voters

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
TripJack said:
you picked a druid over a cleric you fool you shall pay dearly for this transgression against mighty fharlanghn

What can I say? I like pissing off inane gods challenge. I once finished the game without a Cleric in my party, so its possible. Besides, death is something everyone here is waiting for. No need to alleviate that wioth a cleric ;)

Black Cat

Magister
@ Mrowak

I don't know. My cutesy softcore side is saying surety sure and stuffies! but my bitchy hardcore side is going, like, of course not, be a true dungeon crawler and play with what you have. This is KKKodex, though, and we are suposed to be the tough C&C crowd so...

:rpgcodex: Of course not, be a true dungeon crawler and play with what you have. Hmpf.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I hereby declare the first person to submit a cleric to this LP irredeemably gay and liable to be on the receiving end of Jaesun.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The problem is, I wanted to be an attack droid druid, but Mrowak wants to turn me into a healing one. Grrr.

So I'm all for another cleric in the party. :P Or another druid even.

The Thin Man

Novice
Mrowak said:
Woah, hold your horses a little. It's a good build but I hoped for something more general like:

STR:8->14 (lot's of useful feats requires 13+ Strength. Plus, you will hit much harder. Weapon finesse feat does not give bonus to damage).
DEX: 14 (+2) = 16
CON: 14 (-2) = 12
INT: 18->14 (we get ability 10 points to distribute - we don't need to max out all skills later on)
WIS: 8
CHA: 10->14 (you need to be a little bit more charismatic)

I would avoid archer build. The thing is, ToEE accounts for the line o sight, so you stand snowball in hell's chance to hit enemies from behind your companion's back when the clutterfuck starts.

Of course we can go with what you have picked.

That's cool, didn't know how important the skills were going to be and I didn't find anything online so I went all out.

The finesse was just there to balance out the low str, but with str 14 that'll make four available misc feats. Maybe Imp Crit or Imp Init? Opens up the possibility to dual Great Cleavers (17-20 x3 increases to 13-20) with Imp Crit for an almost sickeningly 35% chance of crit on every hit. Add Power Crit (if it's available not sure) for a +4 to confirm crits and everythings gravy!

Well, until we find constructs or undead or whatever, but as a rogue I was gently caressed facing those things anyway.

Mrowak

Arcane
Black Cat said:
@ Mrowak

I don't know. My cutesy softcore side is saying surety sure and stuffies! but my bitchy hardcore side is going, like, of course not, be a true dungeon crawler and play with what you have. This is KKKodex, though, and we are suposed to be the tough C&C crowd so...

:rpgcodex: Of course not, be a true dungeon crawler and play with what you have. Hmpf.

No worries. ITZ already started. I kept your char the way she was.

Crooked Bee said:
The problem is, I wanted to be an attack droid druid, but Mrowak wants to turn me into a healing one. Grrr.

So I'm all for another cleric in the party. :P Or another druid even.

You will be an attack droid druid. I resigned from teaching you craft wondrous item. Augmented summoning won't be of any real use now when your summons will disappear just after one round. On level 3 though, it will be a different story.

That's cool, didn't know how important the skills were going to be and I didn't find anything online so I went all out.

The finesse was just there to balance out the low str, but with str 14 that'll make four available misc feats. Maybe Imp Crit or Imp Init? Opens up the possibility to dual Great Cleavers (17-20 x3 increases to 13-20) with Imp Crit for an almost sickeningly 35% chance of crit on every hit. Add Power Crit (if it's available not sure) for a +4 to confirm crits and everythings gravy!

Well, until we find constructs or undead or whatever, but as a rogue I was gently caressed facing those things anyway.

Eh, sorry bro. I was cut from the newt for a few hours and it was shaping like it will be so for a few days. I forgot what portrait you wanted (sorry :oops:). That's why I went ahead and created char with the stats you wanted, albeit, slightly modified:

STR: 10
DEX: 16
CON: 14-2
INT: 16
WIS: 8
CHA: 14

Feat: Dodge

Next feat: Weapon Finesse (couldn't pick it up on lvl 1)

Mrowak said:
TripJack said:
you picked a druid over a cleric you fool you shall pay dearly for this transgression against mighty fharlanghn

What can I say? I like pissing off inane gods challenge. I once finished the game without a Cleric in my party, so its possible. Besides, death is something everyone here is waiting for. No need to alleviate that wioth a cleric ;)

The dark gods of KAOS exacted their terrible vengence on me. For a few days, my net connection is going to be very erratic. Right now I have whooping speed of 14.5 kB/s... and that's for downloading. I will try to upload screenies and thingies but if that phails, I will have to postpone this fine LP. :(

Ashery

Prophet
That just means you have time to create the updates and set'em aside for uploading once your net comes back :smug:

Mrowak

Arcane
Prelude: Miłe(?) złego początki

As promised before allowing our team of brave adventurers to venture into the wild let’s have a quick look on them and purchase adequate equipment.

So let’s get started, shall we?

pt1_0000_toee-2011-10-21-21-55-22-91.bmp.jpg

pt1_0001_toee-2011-10-21-21-55-37-36.bmp.jpg

First surprise for those of you who have played ToEE but not Co8. Instead of being thrown straight into adventure, we get to prepare ourselves accordingly and buy some equipment. Before that a short presentation of our heroes. Meet:

pt1_0002_toee-2011-10-21-22-07-47-67.bmp.jpg

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Anna Rexia

pt1_0003_toee-2011-10-21-22-07-52-08.bmp.jpg

Steroid.jpg
Clausewitz

pt1_0004_toee-2011-10-21-22-07-54-66.bmp.jpg

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Miss Bee

pt1_0005_toee-2011-10-21-22-07-59-37.bmp.jpg

Aislinn.jpg
Aislinn Ni Leanhaun

pt1_0006_toee-2011-10-21-22-08-03-62.bmp.jpg

Nex.jpg
Nex

Without beating about the bush: here’s the starting equipment:

pt1_0007_toee-2011-10-21-22-18-38-64-bmp.jpg

Apart from that I buy thief’s toolkit for Anna Rexia and a sling for Bee, as it turned out druids cannot into bows and crossbows :x

pt1_0007_toee-2011-10-21-22-18-38-64.bmp.jpg

And thus, our heroines and their pet half-orc embark onto exciting new journey. :salute:

toee-2011-10-22-00-33-55-37.jpg

Aislinn.jpg
More like he heard about us being in the area. Lucky for him we have a spare week. :roll:

Steroid.jpg
Me go see what old prick want.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Nooo! Clausewitz, bad boy! Sit!

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Too fucking late. :facepalm:

pt1_0013_toee-2011-10-21-22-28-25-26.bmp.jpg

Nex.jpg
Oh god. That’s going to be smooth.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
I’m so gonna get excommunicated :dizzy:
pt1_0014_toee-2011-10-21-22-28-49-75.bmp.jpg

Miss%20Bee.jpg
:shock:
Nex.jpg
Well, somehow it went better than I expected.
Aislinn.jpg
I think their brainwaves matched.
Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Men. :roll:
Miss%20Bee.jpg
So, whereto now, again?
pt1_0015_toee-2011-10-21-22-29-04-60.bmp.jpg

Miss%20Bee.jpg
As expected. Some backwater village in the middle of nowhere.

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
Let’s look for some refreshment and lodgings. I wonder if that guy over there can give us some directions.

pt1_0019_toee-2011-10-21-22-31-03-52.bmp.jpg

pt1_0020_toee-2011-10-21-22-31-30-19.bmp.jpg

pt1_0021_toee-2011-10-22-00-00-48-00.bmp.jpg

Nex.jpg
Where the fuck are we?

Miss%20Bee.jpg
More importantly, how did we get here? Weren’t we going to an inn?

Anna%20Rexia.jpg
:troll:

Miss%20Bee.jpg
And what’s that white thread?

Nex.jpg
Shit!

Steroid.jpg
Spidery things at 1 and 11!

Aislinn.jpg
The what? :shock:

*Battle*

A spider gets our party by surprise. It spits web on them all, before anyone can react.

On the upper left hand corner you can see initiative bar. While another spider is visible to the right, it has yet to engage into combat.

pt1_0022_toee-2011-10-22-00-00-57-81.bmp.jpg

It’s Nex’s turn. She attempts casting Sleep but…

pt1_0023_toee-2011-10-22-00-00-59-78.bmp.jpg

The web interferes with her concentration and she miscasts!

pt1_0025_toee-2011-10-22-00-01-13-99-bmp.jpg

Anna Rexia is stuck in the web and can’t do shit.

Miss Bee throws a rock at the spider but misses.

pt1_0025_toee-2011-10-22-00-01-13-99.bmp.jpg

Next, Aislinn tries to cast sleep…

Aislinn.jpg
Spiders!! :evil:

pt1_0027_toee-2011-10-22-00-01-25-56-bmp.jpg

And pierces through the beast’s weak will, rendering it powerless with a flip of a finger.

Aislinn.jpg
:smug:

As the combat ends, the web disappears, but a second after that the other spider rushes into the fray.

Luckily, enough Aislinn gets the initiative, and…

pt1_0030_toee-2011-10-22-00-01-46-55.bmp.jpg

Another spider bites the dust.

Aislinn.jpg
Clausewitz! Take care of them if you will. :smug:

Steroid.jpg
Hrmm.

pt1_0035_toee-2011-10-22-00-02-09-25.bmp.jpg

pt1_0036_toee-2011-10-22-00-02-10-60.bmp.jpg

Seconds later there’s nothing more to talk about… except for xp.

Aislinn.jpg
So what about that inn? :rpgcodex:

Finally somehow, our squad manages to find their way to the inn.

pt1_0037_toee-2011-10-22-00-03-11-28.bmp.jpg

Where they are naturally exposed to local fauna.

pt1_0039_toee-2011-10-22-00-03-23-65-bmp.jpg

Despite some misadventures our heroines + orc manage to secure permanent lodging for themselves…

pt1_0039_toee-2011-10-22-00-03-23-65.bmp.jpg

… in mere seconds. :dizzy:

Aislinn.jpg
So what are you doing girls?

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Making sure we won’t suffer agonizing deaths in the upcoming encounter, duh. :roll:

pt1_0054_toee-2011-10-22-00-04-30-46.bmp.jpg

pt1_0055_toee-2011-10-22-00-04-38-94.bmp.jpg

Well, that was a quick start, and a little bit too short for my tastes. There is a bloody reason of course. Once I uploaded one half of the images, and linked all of them from my wordpress account, it started screaming about “inappropriate content” and cut me off from media administration. Shit, I wish it did that when I was starting doing my Sengoku Rance LP almost a year ago. Thanks to that, probably the entirety of images there will be purged into oblivion which means the effective death of that other LP. Needless, to say, after that tragedy and recreating links for this update, I'm quite pissed off. :x

I used dropbox for this update, but I don’t know if I will continue with that. Any advice on reliable and liberal media host?

Next time: less LARP, more combat.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In case You need a deeper subs bench:

Mico Selva
Male, Human, True Neutral
Fighter -> (Fighter/Rogue)
portrait: first set, 2nd row 7th column (the grumpy guy in shitty brown leather armour)
Str: 14
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

You may go with Wis: 14 and Cha: 8, if You wish.

The idea is to make an utility character that is also useful in combat.
preferred weapon: ranged, but should also be able to hold his ground in melee when needed

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Entangle should be a useful 1st level druid spell, shouldn't it?

Mrowak said:
our heroines and their pet half-orc

:lol:

And... did you really choose Clausewitz for parleying? Haha.

Mrowak said:
Any advice on reliable and liberal media host?

I dunno, really. Shit's become complicated lately. Dropbox should be fine, I guess. Personally I use photobucket for Codex LPs, but it has obvious bandwidth issues, so I'd recommend against using it for images as large as in this LP.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
oldmanpaco said:
This LP has no hope without Lord Paco.

You now it and I know it.

I hereby nominate Lord Paco as the partys token cleric. :smug:

I'd make a character myself, but am being kept busy by my newborn son. Maybe I'll get some free time later. :salute:

Black Cat

Magister
Nice going on the spiders, when I saw you going straight there I was kind of expecting casualties. Whether that speaks about how little I remember the game or about the heights of my fear/fascination with spiders is anybody's guess.

Will you do the town's many quests for XP or will you go straight to the moathouse?

Also, that half-orc really knows his place.

:love:

Mrowak said:
I used dropbox for this update, but I don’t know if I will continue with that. Any advice on reliable and liberal media host?

Dropbox is about the best you can get right now, at least in my own experience. Given the filenames are consistent and follow the structure of your local folder it is also much easier to actually edit old LP thingies you need to relocate and to add the images to LP thingies you are writing.

It's kind of new, so I don't really know whether or not it will be reliable.

ironyuri

MicoSelva said:
In case You need a deeper subs bench:

Mico Selva
Male, Human, True Neutral
Fighter -> (Fighter/Rogue)
portrait: first set, 2nd row 7th column (the grumpy guy in shitty brown leather armour)
Str: 14
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

You may go with Wis: 14 and Cha: 8, if You wish.

The idea is to make an utility character that is also useful in combat.
preferred weapon: ranged, but should also be able to hold his ground in melee when needed

i thought you were dead, selva

where's mah bg2 updatan?

ffs

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Crooked Bee said:

Most useful.

Unfortunately, druids appear to me as pretty useless compared to clerics or sorcerors as purespellcasters, and at the same level as sorcs/mage in combat, so they get overshadowed.

When i tried a all spellcaster party, the sorcerors magic missile was king after the flame arrow web combo. Entangle was useful to make things stop moving in between burning the web, but that was it i think.

Deitti

Augur
ah nice intro.

im totally expecting Welkwood Bog in next update, given that this is the NC version of co8. Alot of combat too.
Not to mention hommlet can be skipped that way.

TripJack

Hedonist
:salute:

also
Mrowak said:
The dark gods of KAOS exacted their terrible vengence on me. For a few days, my net connection is going to be very erratic. Right now I have whooping speed of 14.5 kB/s... and that's for downloading. I will try to upload screenies and thingies but if that phails, I will have to postpone this fine LP. :(

that is only the beginning my friend

mighty Fharlanghn shall cast greater hard drive disintegration on you soon

Mrowak

Arcane
Thanks for your support 皆さん.

I have just finished work today, so I doubt I'll be able to post any update (20min to mindight). Will toy with the game a little and see if our team can survive real challenge. You will see the resutls tomorrow, or day after tomorrow.

Crooked Bee said:

Mrowak said:
our heroines and their pet half-orc

:lol:

And... did you really choose Clausewitz for parleying? Haha.

Yep. I have never played with a mentally challenged character before. I was curoius how it would turn out. ;)

Black Cat said:
Nice going on the spiders, when I saw you going straight there I was kind of expecting casualties. Whether that speaks about how little I remember the game or about the heights of my fear/fascination with spiders is anybody's guess.

Will you do the town's many quests for XP or will you go straight to the moathouse?

Got spoilered I think.

Deitti said:
im totally expecting Welkwood Bog in next update, given that this is the NC version of co8. Alot of combat too.

@Deitti
For the future, use the spoiler tag, please ;)

Mrowak said:

Dropbox is about the best you can get right now, at least in my own experience. Given the filenames are consistent and follow the structure of your local folder it is also much easier to actually edit old LP thingies you need to relocate and to add the images to LP thingies you are writing.

It's kind of new, so I don't really know whether or not it will be reliable.

I thought as much. Wordpress too used to be "reliable". I hope I will manage to finish this LP before they make me pack my warez and GTFO.

SCO said:
Crooked Bee said:

Most useful.

Unfortunately, druids appear to me as pretty useless compared to clerics or sorcerors as purespellcasters, and at the same level as sorcs/mage in combat, so they get overshadowed.

When i tried a all spellcaster party, the sorcerors magic missile was king after the flame arrow web combo. Entangle was useful to make things stop moving in between burning the web, but that was it i think.

Personally I find sorcerers a little bit too limited. They make excellent "flashy" type of mages which isn't really my thing.

Similar thing about magic missile. It's a great spell, from level 5 and forth, but earlier, using it is a waste.

We will use entangle plenty of times, that's for sure.

TripJack said:
greater hard drive disintegration

Norfleet said:
Tenser's Formatted Disk, perhaps.

SCO said:
Mordenkainen CIA Pedo entrapment.

Good thing I have Tenser's Greater Spellturning on me now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom