Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Let's tell me bout golf sims

slowtard

Educated
What ho, brothers and sistard! Slowtard have experience of golf, but not like in this article, An Almost Complete History of Videogame Golf Sims. Golf is s'pposed to be played on a par 3 field of brown grass and trampled beer cans, where you can get in fights with angry hungover sexual predators who aren't allowed inside other places.

chimneychallengegroup.jpg

Please tell me there are golf videogames to match this, and where I can buy them. Thanks ahead of time!

McPlusle

Savant
Links 2003 is still for sale for $18 with like 50 addon courses, and it's still the ultimate golf sim. The Golf Club 2 is also pretty good but the analog swing mechanic is extremely unforgiving. I haven't played Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf but I've heard it's largely a failed attempt to follow up to Links 2003.

If you're looking to get as close to your OP post as possible, then I guess play Outlaw Golf 2. It's not very good.

If it's the penultimate, what's the ultimate?
I forgot how words work.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf is the only one you should ever concern yourself with.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane

Hot Shots series was great. Fun golf game, plus it was one of the last video games where you could have a black mammy caddie who would encourage you by saying things like, 'I cook yo sausages!' and, 'your puttin' is makin' me hungry!'

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had this as a kid, played it with dad sometimes.

We even had a fancy golf club controller with a laser sight at the tip that you swung across a scanner.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Been having fun with PGA Tour 2k21. I was planning on buying it when a sale comes around, but then Humble monthly came and gave it to me anyway.

I've never experienced a game that takes tempo as seriously. You really need to get into the grove to play good shots.

Scoreboards, leaderboards, statistics, commentary, etc. are all hilariously buggy for a game that's past its end of life.

Looking forward to see what the EA game offers, but having the majors is a major coup.

Actually the best way to experience golf is to get PS3 with Move controllers and play Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots. Fun courses, fun MP, surprising depth and best of all - swing tracking is almost 1:1. Steer clear of Tiger Woods game on PS3, it sucks ass, runs poorly and is boring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom