Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's survive The Long Dark

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Hya

I can really recommend the current v244.

They put a lot into balancing and I can confirm it is the best balanced version I have seen so far. It's almost perfect

Everything seems to come together. Less loot. Stuff gets damaged and worn down but at reasonable rates. It's hard to build huge stockpiles.

Good news, the wolves are different. I only encounter a few but they are aggressive. So I end up using flares and ammo to fight them, which is also good. In previous versions I managed to save tons of flares, now I am constantly down to 1 or 2.

tld%202015-07-14%2019-55-21-84.jpg

Bears have been sighted in unusual places like Mystery Lake or Rabbit Cove. The one I killed was not hard. Just climbed on a rock and put two shots into the head.

tld%202015-07-14%2019-35-16-10.jpg

I then spent several days getting everything from it (30xmeat!)

tld%202015-07-14%2018-11-22-73.jpg

Rabbit Cove is still my favorite place. I also pass by the Abandoned Lookout whenever I can, if there was only more game and storage space ..

tld 2015-07-14 17-45-13-59.jpg

It's also the first run where I found 2 rifles in Mystery Lake and another 1 in Coastal Highway, no idea if that is intentionally or just luck.

Clothing is scarce.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom