Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's survive the Dark Earth (Embrace The Darkness)

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Wow, I remember this game. I played it around 1998 or 1999, up to a point where the protagonist was starting to turn into a mutant in a sewer area then my computer crashed. I tried reinstalling it again around 2005 but it didn't load.

Skall

Learned
Dark Earth had its flaws, but I still liked it quite a bit. And just to make this more than a necro gif reply, here's a let's play that shows a lot of the alternative paths/C & C/easter eggs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JPlCQx5zIo&list=PL015FE1B4AE0EA200

I dug Dark Earth's alternative (at the time) take on a PA setting, but as far as I'm aware none of these books got localized into English. Too bad.

c08.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
In 1990, Nicolas Gaume created an independent French video game development company under the name Atreid Concept SA. The company set up its own distribution label in 1992 called Kalisto and released The Tinies, Cogito, S.C.Out, Fury of the Furries and Breakline between 1992 and 1994. Apple also invested in the company.

A collaboration with the Japanese group Namco led to the creation of Pac-in-Time in 1994, on Nintendo and SEGA consoles along the PC and Macintosh versions. In October 1994, the British group Pearson bought Atreid Concept and Mindscape, Inc. Atreid joined an international distribution force and became Mindscape Bordeaux in 1995, releasing Warriors, and Al Unser Jr. Arcade Racing, which was chosen by Bill Gates for the promotion of the release of Windows 95.

In 1996, Nicolas Gaume bought back 100% of Mindscape Bordeaux which then became Kalisto Entertainment. English, American, Japanese and Chinese offices were opened and between 1997 and 1998 the company released Dark Earth, [email protected] Race Pro and Nightmare Creatures.

In June 2000 the company acquired the US studio DayLight Productions and renamed it Kalisto Entertainment USA Inc. The company eventually filed for bankruptcy in April 2002. The US division's director Stretch Williams founded the studio BigSky Interactive, Inc. in May 2002 and took along the team of 30 people of the former Kalisto US studio.
So many weird Frenchie 3D games came out second half of the 90s.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I have those CDs somewhere around as well, but I'm too lazy to dive into my BIG DRAWER O' CDS. The game was featured once in some shitty mag for 10 potato or something like that, and I distinctly remember the boobie CD.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
CyberMysza?
Still remember scandal when they released one game with crucification or something like that...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom