Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's stir the Creature Soup in Vangers - One for the Road

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Sure, you know what mechos and raffa is, but do you know what is a vanger?

I'm suffering a severe case of sclerosis, but even so I can recall the overall concept after playing this game dozens of times long ago.

So I won't answer and spoil the experience for the rest of the followers.

:M

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Votes locked.

Actions: buy Blurry Dot, don't buy a tabutask in Podish.

Looks like I have underestimated the degree of Leepky's and Feenger's symbiosis. Feenger has literally the same lines with minor variations. Their differences only become apparent when you ask him personal questions - about him or his host, or their respective escaves.

So I'll be counting the questions in one big group:
Leepky:
- Softies
- P- Beam
- Eleepods
- Plump-up

- Gulp-down

Feenger:
- Softies
- Necross
- Mechos
- Cryspo
- The Chain
- The Chain
- Passage
- Softie

- P-Beam
- Kusowocks
(L.)
Softies,
P-Beams,
kusowocks,
Gulp-down
Podish;

(F.)
Softies,
Necross,
Cryspo,
The Chain
Passage.
Common terms:
Softies, P-Beam, Plump-up, Gulp-down, kusowocks, Passage, Eleepods, mechos, Podish (Leepky), Podish (Feenger).

Leepky:

- Who or what is Podish, Counselor?
- You're here now, in Podish, where our precious bunch lives. And where you were born...

If you ask him again, he adds:
- Where do you think you are now? You look bad - go sleep in a ditch, it'll be good for you. Maybe that'll help you remember where you started out...

- Who or what is Eleepods, Counselor?
- Eleepods are the most important bios. We live on Fostral, and Podish is our escave. All the others will die out soon, but we will be here forever...

- Who or what is Passage, Counselor?
- A Passage is how you get to other worlds. Fostral has many Passages, one into Glorx, for instance.

- Who or what is P-Beam, Counselor?
- That's our secret - with it we can perceive the whole world as it is, regardless of distance. Fear us, scum, for we know all there is to know...

Interestingly, only Leepky can be asked about kusowocks.

- Who or what is kusowocks, Counselor?
- Oh, kusowocks, what do you know about kusowocks? Nothing! You haven't seen kusowocks, and I won't show you mine. Get me a couple and then we'll talk...

You can keep nagging him, but he doesn't budge:
- You just keep asking questions, but where are the kusowocks? I won't show you mine, not even for my ears, you bootlicker...

The 'bring me a thing first and I will tell you what it is later' approach does not really work in real life, but in Vangers it seems to be some kind of universal law. :M

Feenger:

- Who or what is mechos, Counselor?
- The machine of life and death. It can be ridden across worlds, on land or under water, or flown, or ridden underground...

None of which we can do right now. :(

- Who or what is Softie, Counselor?
- Ask the Zeexen. They're the tale-tellers. We don't like tales.

- Who or what is Plump-up, Counselor?
- The beginning of the Eleepod rotation. Ecstasy for the pods and abeyance for the elder chords. Floods of nymbos...

- Who or what is Gulp-down, Counselor?
- The final stage of our sacral rotation. The eLeeches reach Podish and start to gobble sweetly, slowly absorbing the chord of the chosen one, who has been waiting for his eLeech while staying in the mind of the pod...

Also, if you ask him about Podish, he has something different to say:

- Who or what is Podish, Counselor?
- You're lost, poor soldier. Go sell your mechos, then buy a wheelchair and go up. There you'll find Podish... and your grave.

Part 6. To beeb or not to beeb?
Cowards! Have you not heard about the destiny of vangers who shun tabutasks? :argh:
2015_12_09_205315.jpg

By the way, the second gun we picked up in some stash is a ghOrb generator. A decent gun, wth twice the damage of a previous one that can only scare raffa away. However, it is a bit tricky to recharge, as only a ghOrb station can do that (reliably), and there is only one of those on the map. We'll get to that.

At least we bought ourselves a decent mechos. Well, it really is better than decent. One of the best in the game, if you are looking for certain things.
2015_12_09_205333.jpg

It is very fast, and very light. It is so light, in fact, that I have to learn how to handle it anew - my Monk could never jump that far, and I often end up flying over my intended jump destination.
2015_12_09_205426.jpg

During my travels, I spot something weird on the map. An orange dot, like that of a vehicle, but with a white border over it. I move closer, but there is nothing on the surface. Mysterious... :?

There are drawbacks to this vehicle, of course. It is flat and has small wheels. It can't be beaten on a road or a plain surface, but it is impossible to drive it across hillocks. It has a very low clearance, so it can't drive over a stinker, like my Monk could. It has a LOT of shields, and a medium regeneration rate, restricting the jumping ability. Finally, it's so tiny that it falls down some crevices that I did not even notice before! I didn't expect to be affected by the Broken Station here, but I guess my wheel slipped and got caught in a discharge field or something.
2015_12_09_205646.jpg

Speaking of Broken Stations, apparently they aren't always detrimental! They can recharge ghOrb gear, something you might want to do to rearm in mid-fight instead of returning all the way to the Incubator for a 'proper' weapon reload.
2015_12_09_205702.jpg

It seems that the effect depends on your Luck, and ours has grown nicely since we first popped into the world.

Again, the same strange phenomenon on the minimap, but of a different color. Am I seeing things? Did I down a phlegma bottle by mistake? Is there a cure? :(
2015_12_09_205808.jpg

Feenger greets me with enthusiasm and respect. Something I did not see in a long while.
2015_12_09_205915.jpg

- You are so tough and nasty, you authoritative wanderer, that it has me quaking a bit. You are halfway down the road to glory. The secret Larva will now show up on your map, and you won't be mixing her up with anything else. She knows no routes, the whole world is hers...

What does he mean by that, I wonder?

After selling all the tabutasks I am rich again! Digging through the wares, I find some very interesting and expensive device on sale.
2015_12_09_210010.jpg

DigRig/CrotRig ('krot' means 'mole' in Russian)
An autonomous device which allows the mechos to penetrate into the ground. Works on the principle of momentary low-duration shifts of spatial grids that temporarily dissociate hard substance. Doesn’t require frequent recharges.

It must be really good if it costs that much! Bought! :cool:

Also, forgive me bros, but you are all pussies, so I took it upon myself to buy a tabutask while I wait for the Eleerection. :M
2015_12_09_210026.jpg

A bandit has been hanging around Incubator lately
and bombarding passing vangers with missiles.
This is clearly Beeboorat sabotage.
Find two vangers with missile launchers and fire back
so that the rest will stay in line and fear the Eleepods.
Reward: 5000 Luck: 6 Cycles: 1

Easy beebs!

Now we just have to locate someone with a rocket launcher. I found one on atTractor, the heaviest vehicle in the game that isn't a truck. Unfortunately, it went down a tunnel...

Fighting in the tunnels in really not something you want to do in a fragile car. Your only indicator of an impending doom is the minimap, and you don't want to rely on it too much.
2015_12_09_210114.jpg

Better ambush him near the exit.
2015_12_09_210151.jpg

Now that I've ensured that I hit him, I'd better RUN. The vangers know how to hold a grudge. I know I do.

It is a good opportunity to test our DigRig.
2015_12_09_210247.jpg

Indeed, this is a very powerful tool. It borrows your mechos and makes it travel underground - very slowly, with a speed of 4 with no acceleration (normally we have 10). However, it makes you nigh invulnerable to damage (because no one can get to you), and you can use it to fix your navigation mistakes. Drove into some rough terrain? Can't climb that steep riverbank? Use DigRig, and all of these problems can be solved. It can even be used to climb on the bridges from below - you just meed to dig under one of the support pillars and then unburrow the mechos - the device will push you to the top.

It is very useful for a mechos like ours that can't pass some obstacles easily.

Normally I would waste several seconds if I fell off-road like this. However, with DigRig I am back on track in an instant. I don't even burrow fully underground, I just need its ability to traverse any terrain, no matter how unpassable it might be on wheels.
2015_12_09_210346.jpg

It opens a new way to travel in our car. Jump as far and as high as your KiD allows, and use DigRig to find a stable piece of land for your next jump. Sometimes it may prove faster than driving...

We may have to test it soon enough. Eleerection is at hand!
2015_12_09_210433.jpg

- Vanger, the Eleerection is coming up. The Eleepods are giving you the chance to participate in something holy. Do you agree to wait here until the abundant Plump-up passes and eLeeches emerge from the abyss of dreams?

But... but we have a tabutask to finish! What to do, what to do?
Decision time, Codex.
1) Glory and respect are far more important than mere money. We will participate in the Eleerection fairly and win the race the second time. Hopefully, the worms will be so impressed, they will bestow the rest of their secret knowledge upon us. The Luck penalty for failing a tabutask may sting, though.
2) Money and Luck are the only things that matter. With enough money we might be able to buy all the respect we need, and Leepky himself would bow his scratchers before us! Ignore the competition and forfeit the race, coming third as the tabutask obliges us to do. We may have to stay for a few more cycles on this world, but the reward will be worth it!
3) To the madness of the brave we sing our song! Do the impossible, see the invisible! Why can't we do both? Win the race, then emerge out of the escave and SHOOT the eLeech out of the second racer, claiming the third place after you pick it up. Sure, it may be a little hard, but WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Our stats are - Dominance at 58, Luck at 26. We do have a second tabutask with 6 Luck to offset the failure of the first one, and it will be very easy to find and shoot a vanger with a missile launcher during the Eleerection.

However, with both tabutasks completed our Luck would sit at 37, which is just a tiny bit short of a magical 50! Though what happens then is going to be a surprise. :bounce:

So there are strong arguments in favor of either of the two choices. We can try to do both, but there may be a bit of wishful thinking involved in that one. Still, if it doesn't fail too badly, it will merely default to the first choice, right? :M

No questions for now, there is no time for that.

Known vocabulary.
mechos - asked Leepky&Feenger
vangers - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
raffa - asked Leepky&Feenger
escave - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
bunch - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
bios - asked Leepky&Feenger
beebs - asked Leepky&Feenger
Creature Soup - asked Leepky&Feenger
Softie - asked Leepky&Feenger
Cryspo - asked Leepky&Feenger
Passage - asked Leepky&Feenger

The Chain - asked Leepky&Feenger
Fostral - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
Glorx - asked Leepky&Feenger
Necross - asked Leepky&Feenger
Eleepods - asked Leepky&Feenger
Beeboorats - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
Zeexen - asked Leepky&Feenger
Leepky - asked Leepky
Feenger
Podish - asked Leepky&Feenger
Incubator - asked Feenger (low trust)
Plump-up - asked Leepky&Feenger
Eleerection - asked Leepky&Feenger
Gulp-down - asked Leepky&Feenger

kusowocks - asked Leepky (Feenger unavailable)
pod - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
P-beam - asked Leepky&Feenger

eLeech - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
nymbos - asked Leepky&Feenger
phlegma - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
cirt - asked Leepky&Feenger
Larvae - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
3) To the madness of the brave we sing our song! Do the impossible, see the invisible! Why can't we do both? Win the race, then emerge out of the escave and SHOOT the eLeech out of the second racer, and claim the third place. Sure, it may be a bit hard, but WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

This. As you said yourself,

Also, forgive me bros, but you are all pussies, so I took it upon myself to buy a tabutask while I wait for the Eleerection. :M

We warned you, but you didn't listen. Now don't be a pussy and go for it.

:smug:

Nevill

Arcane
All right, Codex. You asked for it.

Part 7. Mission Impossible.
Let's roll! But first, we need to recharge our ghOrb gear.
2015_12_10_115916.jpg

With our car, we win the race no problem.
2015_12_10_120113.jpg

- You won again, charioteer of golden eLeeches! The Eleection is your element. We have some plans for you... Eleepods don't favor all vangers, as I'm sure you know there are a lot of crooks among you. But you have won our trust and are in the saddle...

Oh, shut up, I am not done yet! You can tell me whatever you want later. I have an important meeting to attend with the other racers!

Here's the video. Sorry for fade to black in places - my recording program is acting weirdly sometimes, and I get video lag for some reason. I just cut these parts off.

I take the 3rd place as the 4th rider on a Heavy Lady crashes into an Iron Wraith right above me. Man, I'd better lay low for a while until the commotion dies down.

Hey, counselor! I did as you asked and found why the eLeeches get lost sometimes. You see, there are some crazy vangers up there who would shoot at the racers until an eLeech falls out, but then they can't pick it up without a DigRig, so they leave the poor guys to wither away in agony. Cruel bastards!

Now we are ready to listen to Leepky.
2015_12_10_120138.jpg

- So, nimble fighter, you handle your mechos well. You have preserved the little eLeech, that's good. Your beebs are waiting...
- I have nothing to say, fitter. Leave me alone, I'm busy...

What do you mean, 'nothing to say'? You definitely had more to say just a moment ago. Hey! Where is my plot exposition, dude!?

Developers said:
Pay careful attention to what the counselors have to say when you visit their escaves. In general, they won't repeat themselves. So be sure to read all the text, lest you miss a vital clue or fact!
Looks like Vangers do not scale to the modern levels!

So, do you mean to tell me that all the information is irrevocably lost? Because of our greed?

Curse the Eleepods! You think they could make an exception for such a promising vanger!!

I wanted to leave some noodles on Podish walls in revenge, and started pissing all over walls, but instead...
2015_12_10_115524.jpg

I dug up holes in them! Interesting...

By the way, our Luck has increased by 50%, to 39 from 26. +2 for winning the race, +5 for the eLeech tabutask and +6 for shooting two vangers with misslile launchers. Not bad for a single cycle. :cool:

Congratulations, guys! We did it, so now we have no clue how to progress the game anymore! A job well done!
Ah, well, I can't leave it at that. Here's what we missed:

- My pod has decided to give you a secret of other worlds. Fostral is big, but we need cirt hunters. You know the key to Glorx now, as I taught your Spiral. Try and visit that world, and if you come back alive, we'll talk about our plans...

- Well, wimble fitter, we now see your zeal, so we can tell you a bit more. You want to be our agent vanger, correct?
- What I'm going to tell you now will reveal much inside the Chain. And if you understand me, and see what cirt is about, you'll settle down here for good. Not only on Fostral...
- Remember: our sovereigns are Larvae. What is a Larva, you ask? Alas, we know very little, as our bunch hasn't been able to snag one...
- Damn! It's rumored the Zeexen have a Larva... We know nothing about the Beeboorats, as for all their stupidity we cannot pry into the inner space of Glorx. Perhaps you'll find that out yourself...
- You are wondering about the P-beam? You're right, we know everything, but Larvae are beyond us and pass unnoticed...
- Another rumor says there's a hidden
Departed Bios on Xplo that has realized all dreams about the Larvae. The lucky guys, they don't have to yearn any more...
- Now our cycles are dead without Larvae, and only their spirit enables us to go all the way through the Eleection, from Plump-up to Gulp-down, and then start over...
- We get the Larva's spirit through cirt, plain soil taken from the worlds where our lords live. The problem is, the Larvae are unseen to you, the wheelers.
- They crawl deep underground, much deeper than escaves. And their being is still a mystery to us... All Larvae are different, and every cycle of our rotation requires a specific cirt from a unique Larva. We'll pay you well for the delivery of the Eleepod cirt, you hucksters of fortune...
- You only have to take the cirtainer, find the smelly soil and fill it up, and take it back to Podish and our bunch...

And if you didn't have key to Glorx yet, he'd add:
- However, I see no value coming from you in this affair yet, you lucky carter of eLeeches. You can't get to Glorx through the Passage and reach our Larvae there yet. You know, only aliens live here on Fostral, and they're loathsome to us... So serve us and you'll get the key to Glorx, you apostle of beebs...

A new item becomes available at the store:
2015_12_10_125801.jpg

A hermetic container that allows the transportation of cirt without significant loss of its qualities. Produced with a special technique that significantly reduces entropy, thus slowing the decay of volatile substances.
Choice time, Codex. We've got our first key to another world. What do we do with it?
1) Nothing yet. Stay awhile and do some tabutasks. It got pretty cozy here at Fostral. Good pay, and not a lot of stress. What else can a vanger ask for?
2) Go investigate Glorx, but do as Leepky instructed and return after a brief reconnaissance. Maybe bring back some cirt, if we can guess what that is. We are not done working for the Eleepods yet.
3) Oh, we are quite done with working for the Eleepods! Drive straight to Glorx and never look back. The Beeboorats would make for a much better company than these miserable piles of green slime and lard!

Also, what do we do with our tabutask worth 12000 of beebs?
1) Turn it in back at the Incubator. We want all the money, RIGHT NOW.
2) Save it for a rainy day.

You can ask the counselor 5 questions. The standard fare.

Known vocabulary.
vangers - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
bunch - asked Leepky&Feenger (low trust)
Spiral
Departed Bios

Xplo
Leepky - asked Leepky
Feenger

By the way, can you guess what Leepky asked of us and what the cirt is? You have all the pieces of this particular puzzle now.

Leepky's dialogue in Russian:
Ты снова выиграл, возница эЛиков прекрасных! Элирекция - твоя стихия. В отношении тебя у нас возникли планы... Элиподы благосклонны к вангерам не всем - средь вас ведь много проходимцев глупых. Но ты нас убедил. Ты в седле...
Мой стручок решил открыть тебе секрет других миров. Фострал велик, но мы нуждаемся в охотниках за нюхой. Теперь ты знаешь ключ на Глоркс - я научил твою Спираль. Посети тот мир и если ты вернешься целым мы обсудим наши планы...

Ну вот, механик скорый, теперь мы видим твои старания и можем рассказать чуть больше - ты ведь хочешь вангером-агентом стать, не так ли?
То, что я тебе скажу сейчас, раскроет многое в пульсации Цепи. И если ты поймешь меня, поймешь предназначение нюхи - считай что закрепился в этом мире, и не только на Фострале...
Запомни - нами правят Куклы. Что такое Кукла? Увы, мы не знаем точно сами - пока наш банч не смог добыть ее...
Проклятие. Ходят слухи, что у циксов есть одна... Про бибуратов мы не знаем - тупость их не позволяет проникнуть в Глоркса закрома, может сам узнаешь...
Ты спросишь - что же наша Линза? Верно, мы знаем все - но Кукол мы не видим, они скользят вне нас...
Еще есть сплетни, что на Икспло скрыт от глаз Ушедший Биос, реализовавший все свои мечты о Куклах. Счастливчики, им уже не нужно в ожидании томиться...
Так вот, наш цикл мертв без ощущения Кукол - лишь присутствие Их духа позволяет элиподам пройти весь путь сквозь Элирекцию от Жирогона к Чавке и начать все вновь...
Кукол дух мы получаем посредством нюхи - простого праха, отнятого с других миров где обитают наши боги. Дело в том, что Куклу невозможно видеть вам, колесникам...
Глубоко в подземной толще они живут и там, гораздо глубже всех эскейвов, прогрызают ход себе. Смысл их действий нам непонятен до сих пор...
Все Куклы разные и каждый наш цикл в Круге циклов жизни требует свою, единственную нюху от уникальной Куклы. За доставку этой нюхи элиподной мы хорошо вам платим, торгаши удачи...
Тебе лишь нужно нюхонтейнер взять, найти пахучий грунт, набрать его туда и привезти в наш банч, на Подиш...

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You actually managed to pull it off, huh. Good job.:salute:

2) Go investigate Glorx, but do as Leepky instructed and return after a brief reconnaissance.

Gotta move forward, but stay loyal to gorgeous slimes. Their wisdom knows no boundaries.

This. You're not doing so hot atm, having only 3k beebs. What if you need some in Glorx?

Also, buy teh container if you haven't already.

Kwestions:
- Spiral
- Departed Bios
- Xplo
- Bunch
- Vangers

Nevill

Arcane
The cirtainer is an item that we can activate on the surface. We can try bringing a souvenir from Glorx if you guys tell me what to look for.

lightbane

Arcane
1: 2. I'm sick of seeing green everywhere.
2: 1. There's no such thing as too much money.

Questions: Spiral, Departed Bios, Xplo, Bunch, Vangers.

Nevill

Arcane
So. Any ideas what cirt might be? I am asking the ones who didn't play this game back in the day, of course. Don't be shy, guys!

If no one guesses right, we might have to resort to filling the cirtainer with junk and hope it catches cirt by some miracle. :M

Nevill

Arcane
What we know about cirt so far:

[From asking the counselors]
- Who or what is cirt, Counselor?
- Cirt is all we need...
- Find some and we'll buy it. But you've got to get one thing right: we will only take cirt from OUR Larvae...

[From the latest update]
- What I'm going to tell you now will reveal much inside the Chain. And if you understand me, and see what cirt is about, you'll settle down here for good. Not only on Fostral...
- Remember: our sovereigns are Larvae. What is a Larva, you ask? Alas, we know very little, as our bunch hasn't been able to snag one...
[...]
- Now our cycles are dead without Larvae, and only their spirit enables us to go all the way through the Eleection, from Plump-up to Gulp-down, and then start over...
- We get the Larva's spirit through cirt, plain soil taken from the worlds where our lords live. The problem is, the Larvae are unseen to you, the wheelers.
- They crawl deep underground, much deeper than escaves. And their being is still a mystery to us... All Larvae are different, and every cycle of our rotation requires a specific cirt from a unique Larva. We'll pay you well for the delivery of the Eleepod cirt, you hucksters of fortune...
- You only have to take the cirtainer, find the smelly soil and fill it up, and take it back to Podish and our bunch...

[From the cirtainer description]
A hermetic container that allows the transportation of cirt without significant loss of its qualities. Produced with a special technique that significantly reduces entropy, thus slowing the decay of volatile substances.

[From the Intro]
The Cryspo colony encountered by the Softie pioneers appeared to be a highly organized collective mind of insectoid organisms. However, all was not how it seemed. Only one division of the Cryspo manifested intelligence, and the Softie remained ignorant of their existence. It was the subterranean Larvae creatures, incapable of fast movement and relatively weak, who ran the colony. A complicated system of scents was used to control the other divisions of the colony.

[...]

The territorial expansion of the Cryspo was highly organized and began with the invasion of the Queen's satellites - the Larvae - into the area to be occupied. The Larvae controlled the Cryspo combat troops from deep underground by generating pheromones. The Larvae consisted of a simple biological structure with a slow metabolism, which resulted in its having a life span lasting eons.

[...]

During the Clash, while defending themselves from the ferocious Cryspo, the last generation of the Softie built underground enclave cities called escaves which became homes for their descendents, the Lostie. Although the Lostie inherited their brains from the Softie, their subconscious integrated many weird psychic features of their Cryspo ancestors, which emerged as somewhat bizarre behavior in the mutants. It is the influence of these instincts that has resulted in the bios existing in urban communities called bunches. They endlessly practice cult rituals, the only reason they have for their existence. The bunches have survived only by strict adherence to the conservation laws that developed over time.

A bunch cycle consists of several stages, each of which is closely connected to the physiology of one of the bios. The completion of each such function depends on the scent of a particular Larva which serves as a catalyst. The complicated Cryspo mechanism of controlling the colony through a system of scents evolved into a sophisticated cult followed by the Lostie. It involved great reverence of and addiction to the scents of the now hidden and unfathomable Larvae who still slowly crawl around underground, disunited without their connection to the queen, who was lost long ago when the Passage to Cry was sealed.
I think the answer is obvious in hindsight, but it might require a few tries to get it right in-game.

Dayyālu

Arcane
"A complicated system of scents was used to control the other divisions of the colony."

"The Larvae controlled the Cryspo combat troops from deep underground by generating pheromones. The Larvae consisted of a simple biological structure with a slow metabolism, which resulted in its having a life span lasting eons."

"The few bios produced during the Bouillon of Spawn which were capable of physical survival inherited a combination of racial instincts producing obscure urges which had lost any meaning."

Human intelligence enslaved to insect urges. Cirt is probably some kind of pheromone emission that unlocks the fixed instinct built in the Human-Insect hybrids.

Can be wrong , though. And I have a peculiar theory about this game, but I need to get back to my humble nest and do some research beforehand...

2) Go investigate Glorx, but do as Leepky instructed and return after a brief reconnaissance. Maybe bring back some cirt, if we can guess what that is. We are not done working for the Eleepods yet.

Questions:

Spiral (This reminds me of something. And I need to check. Tech shared through weird universes, it seems)
Departed Bios (Dead hybrids?)
Beeboorats ( Trust should give us info. Info is good. Info on other beings.)
Xplo (I can't even pronunce properly this one.)
Vangers (What *we* are?)

Nevill

Arcane
Cirt is probably some kind of pheromone emission that unlocks the fixed instinct built in the Human-Insect hybrids.
Pretty much, and Leepky is very specific about how the pheromones are transmitted from the Larvae to the bunches.

Which then poses a question to us, how do we find the right Larva? The answer to this question lies in the 6th update, with 7th giving an additional hint.

Dayyālu

Arcane
:lol:

A quick jump in the archives and I found a thing, almost ten years old.

gkvopv.bmp

Yet, it seems to dislike screenshots-taking programs. Just to know, the fact that some concepts are similar (The Chain of Worlds and the Spirals) is merely an inside joke by the developers or they planned some kind of, I don't know, fucked up continuity?

Nevill

Arcane
They are from a single Universe, or Multiverse, as the case may be. The world is called Univang.
Though it's Univang 3/8 in Vangers, hinting at possible alternate continuities.
Perimeter, I think, takes place in what Vangers refer to as Prehistory, thus being a prequel to the story. I never played the game, I just heard it was gud. Seeing how it was developed by the same guys, I can believe that.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Votes locked.

Actions:
Sell completed tabutasks in the Incubator, then do a quick sweep of Glorx, pick up some cirt, and return back to Fostral.

Questions:
- Spiral
- Departed Bios
- Xplo
- Bunch
- Vangers
Questions: Spiral, Departed Bios, Xplo, Bunch, Vangers.
Spiral
Departed Bios

Beeboorats
Xplo
Vangers
Common topics: Spiral, Departed Bios, Xplo, Bunch, Vangers.

- Who or what is Spiral, Counselor?
- A mechos part, used to travel to other worlds through Passages. But remember: the Spiral doesn't last forever, so you must recharge it at a special station before you can enter a Passage...

- Who or what is Departed Bios, Counselor?
Humph... One of the mysteries of the Chain. We don't really believe in them.

- Who or what is Xplo, Counselor?
Xplo... You're too curious, my friend. For now, it's nothing more than a word.

- Who or what is bunch, Counselor?
All bios have bunches, the communities we live in. For us, the bunches are everything, the meaning of life itself...

- Who or what is vangers, Counselor?
YOU are a vanger, dolt. One of the contemptible slaves of the outside machines. You are all our servants!

Part 8. A voyage to Glorx. Preparations.
We buy ourselves a cirtainer. And since we are going to the Incubator, let's stock on nymbos, too. Someone has to move this stuff between the escaves.
2015_12_12_004456.jpg

But before heading out, let's dig up some walls. Maybe we can find some curiosity the slobs are hiding from us!
2015_12_12_004525.jpg

No, nothing there. Up we go, then.

The world above is gradually turning into a mess. The structures are decaying fast. The roof of the tunnel near the entrance has almost collapsed. Probably because some truck tried to jump from underneath it. Bloody savages.
2015_12_12_004552.jpg

Casual raffa hunting has become our routine at this point. Dominance is Dominance, we must maintain it.
2015_12_12_004635.jpg

2015_12_12_004649.jpg

The world is crawling with vangers again. Probably because of the racers. The Eleerection has this effect of gathering a lot of wheelers in one spot.
2015_12_12_004710.jpg

That's the Spiral station we've seen at the beginning of the game. I guess now we have a use for it.
2015_12_12_004814.jpg

It isn't the first time we are seeing this blue dot on the map, encased in white, while there is nothing on the screen. A proto-idea is starting to form inside the head of our vanger, but it needs an additional push before it hatches.
2015_12_12_004841.jpg

Sooner or later, this happens when you play with keeping the landscape changes. The voxel engine is far from perfect, and sometimes things just break. The underground bubble on the screen bursted, revealing the guts of the world. If you dig under it with DigRig, you could see your mechos beneath, which would normally be hidden by an external ground layer.
2015_12_12_004918.jpg

And so, we arrive to our first destination. Feenger greets us almost with enthusiasm.
2015_12_12_005001.jpg

- Hello, tireless vanger. We Eleepods approve of the way you drive your mechos, machine of life and death...
- Do you want to know what the greatest mechos add-on is? A way to see the entire Chain, as plain as the nose on your face, where (F) is for Fostral and (G) is for Glorx our neighbor? Then listen...
- Ages ago, the Softie, an extinct race, built the first Passage into the new world, one different from their own, which name is now forgotten. And that new world was Fostral.
- They didn't stop there, going on into the jungle of pipes they opened the way to Glorx, then Xplo, Necross...
- Then there was the
Clash, and then the Creature Soup... But they're very likely Zeexen's fabrications, so you shouldn't trust them...
- What matters is there are Passages up there that you must have noticed, as they're very distinct. You might have tried to get into them, genius...
- They are eternal. Even if everything were to change, they would still be here, under control of the Eleepods, connecting the worlds of the Chain...
- Every mechos is more than just a machine for wandering; they all hold a Spiral, which allows fearless travelers to go through Passages.
- But the Passages don't let just anyone through: each one is unique, with its own key.
- The Softie were a bit strange in how they tried to hide everything from everyone, and created spell cyphers without which it is impossible to get to other worlds.
- We Eleepods know one key that unlocks the Passage from Fostral to Glorx. And you will get it if you win the Eleection, a deadly game...
- The pods are anxious for their virgin eLeeches to come back and join them. And if you help them, vanger, you'll get the key to Glorx, crossroads of the worlds...

This would be very useful to know BEFORE I won the Eleerection and got the key to Glorx, buddy. Sheesh, you guys really are slow.

Still, it's nice to have a confirmation that we are progressing ahead of the scripted schedule. The first day is nearing its end, and it was a pretty productive one.

We sell our tabutasks and load up an extra cirtainer from the shop. We are rich again!
2015_12_12_005048.jpg

But before heading into the unknown, let's dig in the Counselor's escave. Just in case.
2015_12_12_005227.jpg

WHOA, a shiny!! Is this one of the kusowocks Leepky was raving about?

...do we steal it..?

Suddenly all those tales about thieves and Rippers sent out to get them do not seem too far-fetched anymore. I can't make such an important decisions without consulting the spirits, first! But we should take note of this nonetheless.

We leave the Incubator, determined to proceed straight to Glorx. And again, we are met with a strange dot on the minimap. It is passing the Barrier between the poles as if it isn't there! How can it do that - the Barrier repels any mechos that approaches it!
2015_12_12_005400.jpg

Suddenly, everything clicks together.

Feenger from update 6 said:
- You are so tough and nasty, you authoritative wanderer, that it has me quaking a bit. You are halfway down the road to glory. The secret Larva will now show up on your map, and you won't be mixing her up with anything else. She knows no routes, the whole world is hers...
It's one of the Larvae!!! No wonder we are not able to see it with our own eyes!

Hmm, so we could fill our cirtainer right here and now, but I remember Leepky saying that there are no Eleepod Larvae on Fostral:

Leepky from update 7 said:
- You know, only aliens live here on Fostral, and they're loathsome to us... So serve us and you'll get the key to Glorx, you apostle of beebs...
Which means that this is probably not the Larva we seek.

Fine. Let's do some raffa hunting instead. I turn to the congregation of vangers to my left... and suddenly find more than I bargained for!
2015_12_12_005614.jpg

A Heavy Lady and a Rivet Bier - probably the same ones who participated in the last Eleerection - are fighting to the death... with pea-shooters. Yeah. :roll:

Being a busybody, I decide to test my luck and join on the fun!
2015_12_12_005714.jpg

A pair of indirect collisions with the spiked hull of the Heavy Lady costs me half of my armor, and it doesn't look I am getting through her shields. That won't stop me from trying!
2015_12_12_005734.jpg

Pushing the Rivet Bier off the path, the Queen of the Roads jumps at me, thinking to squash me with its humongous mass. You don't scare me, mate! I will jump straight at you in return!
2015_12_12_005840.jpg

I challenge you to an air fight!!
Goku_Vs_Majin_Vegetanv.png
What exactly was I thinking, trying to ram a mechos 10 times my mass? :? I fly away like a soccer ball. Only a quarter of armor left.
2015_12_12_005912.jpg

With the Heavy Lady scared away, the Rivet Bier turns to me. He must have thought me an easy target, and he is not wrong. A single collision with that, and I might be dead. That's why I put my backpedaling skills to test! It is not hard to outpace the slow and unweildy machine in my nimble mechos. I am starting to run out of ammo, though.
2015_12_12_010011.jpg

Good thing the recharging station is right there around the corner.
2015_12_12_010104.jpg

In the end, I manage to lure the guy in a stinker field, and detonate the stinkers. The impact is so powerful, the truck loses its shields together with its gun. Small victories!
2015_12_12_010145.jpg

However, guns are not the reason the trucks are dangerous! It only makes the guy more enraged as he charges at me in blind fury!
2015_12_12_010201.jpg

And I run out of space to back off when I fiund my back pressed into a stinker. Blast, I forgot about those! Is this the end? The Rivet Biet closes in for the final blow...!
2015_12_12_010229.jpg

Unexpectedly for everyone involved, the stinker spontaneously explodes without being shot at. The force of explosion is such that I fly across several screens before coming to a stop near the Barrier. I would have soared farther if it didn't stop me.
2015_12_12_010255.jpg

2015_12_12_010329.jpg

2015_12_12_010340.jpg

That was one mighty boom. Can't be mad, though, it rescued me from a really tight spot. This mechos is good in a firefight, but is weak against ramming.

I pick up several items left after the fighting. There are nymbos piles lying everywhere.
2015_12_12_010440.jpg

Sometimes my size works in my favor. I am so small and flat that I passed under a massive sawblade in front of the atTractor, which would certainly kill me if it hit me head on.
2015_12_12_010627.jpg

I need repairs ASAP. The number of vangers during this cycle is abnormal (there are 6 of them in this section of the world alone, as the minimap shows), and every second one wants to kill me for some reason.
2015_12_12_010754.jpg

I drive by some weird Passage that is unmarked on my Compass. Could this be the one Softies used to get to Fostral? Will I find them on the other side? Pointless musings, as I do not have the key to get past the cipher anyway.
2015_12_12_010837.jpg

My inner voice perks up. Yeah, yeah, I know. Stop nagging me!
2015_12_12_010859.jpg

Here. I will jump straight into it. Happy?
2015_12_12_010910.jpg

What is happening to me? I am torn into thousands of particles! No! Not like this!!!
2015_12_12_010914.jpg

The accursed worms must have planned to get rid of me!

Why, I will raid the Incubator and drown all the eLeeches in their own phlegma for this treachery!
2015_12_12_010920.jpg

Will I die without finding out what kusowocks are?

The world around me grows black. The shining red of the Passage is the last thing I see...
2015_12_12_014629.jpg
:avatard:

I have added the Glossary to the first post. I think that's what lightbane wanted.

Feenger's monologue in Russian:
Привет, неутомимый вангер. Элиподам по душе твой стиль владения мехосом - машины жизни-смерти...
Ты хочешь знать что отражает мехосов причуда - схема, в которой Цепь вся на ладони, где (F) - это наш Фострал, а (G) - сосед наш Глоркс? Так слушай...
Когда-то софти - вымершая раса - открыла первый Коридор на новый мир со своего родного, имя мы его забыли. Тот новый мир и был Фострал искусный.
Дальше - больше, они пошли все дальше в трубок лес, открыли путь на Глоркс, на Икспло, Некросс...
Затем настал Конфликт, после заварился Суп Существ... Впрочем это бредни циксов скорей всего, им не стоит верить...
Важно то, что наверху ты видел эти Коридоры - их ни с чем не спутать - и наверняка уже пытался в них пролезть, глупец...
Коридоры - вечны, все изменится вокруг, они же нерушимо останутся стоять и соединять миры Цепи под присмотром элиподов...
Каждый мехос ваш не просто есть машина странствий, все они содержат в себе Спираль - она и позволяет проходить сквозь Коридоры путникам бесстрашным...
Но Коридоры пропускают далеко не всех - каждый уникален, каждому присущ свой ключ.
Софти были странноваты в своем стремлении скрыть все от всех, они создали заклинания-коды - знания Спирали без которых пройти к другим мирам нельзя...
Мы, элиподы, знаем ключ на Глоркс с Фострала. Ты его получишь - но сначала ты должен победить в игре смертельной, в Элирекции, механик...
Нетерпением томясь, стручки стремятся воссоединиться с чистым эЛиком своим - помоги им, вангер, и мы подарим Глоркс тебе - перекресток всех миров Цепи...

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane

Part 8. A voyage to Glorx. Bon voyage!
Slowly, ever so slowly, the vision returns to me as I am reassebled back from tiny specks floating around the Passage.
2015_12_12_010947.jpg

2015_12_12_010952.jpg

2015_12_12_010954.jpg

2015_12_12_010958.jpg

2015_12_12_011002.jpg

HURRAY! I LIVE!!! :D

What a strange place, though. Its roads are all cramped and covered in seaweeds. And the water... while there were some rivers on Fostral, on Glorx, water is everywhere. Sigh. I am not good with water. Guess I'll have to adopt jumping as my main traveling style.

I fly over some big pompous structure with an entrance glowing gold. I am a bit curious about what's inside, but the mission comes first. At least the insect swarms are the same as in the first world. Ouch!
2015_12_12_011015.jpg

There are roads of Glorx, but they are indirect, winding, and high above ground. If you fall down, your only way back is to jump on it.
2015_12_12_011043.jpg

Down below, there is some growth that constantly explodes in a flurry of blue goo. They are a bit like stinkers back at home, except they don't need me shooting at them to go boom.
2015_12_12_011114.jpg

One more thing to say about the Glorx roads. They are old. They collapse under my weight. I am starting to hate this world already. :roll:
2015_12_12_011128.jpg

Hmm... A Rigs Station and a Repair Station rolled into one. Neat!
2015_12_12_011140.jpg

2015_12_12_011154.jpg

There is a Beeboorat escave in the south, neglected and covered in moss and algae. We do not enter it yet. For now, we only scout as per Leepky's instructions.
2015_12_12_011218.jpg

And there is a ghOrb Station directly above it. Free repairs, free ammo... I like the layout. A good place to make a stand if we find ourselves outnumbered.
2015_12_12_011233.jpg

Our mechos is quick enough to cross the dangerous area before it falls down. Still, jumping from one road segment to another is about the only way I can reliably move across the map in a timely fashion. Following the roads is just too slow, as they are mostly horisontal rather than vertical ones.
2015_12_12_011250.jpg

However, there are dangers inherent to careless jumping. Because the roads are too narrow, there is a high chance you will end up in a way of some vehicle that you'd rather wish you didn't. This is going to suck...
2015_12_12_011340.jpg

Glorx lives up to its reputation of the crossroads of the Chain. There are vangers of all colors here. Maybe if we ask them nicely the Beeboorats will give us the much wanted paintjob?
2015_12_12_011354.jpg

Looks like the sumptuous escave in the center of the map has a much less pretentious-looking back entrance. Heh.
2015_12_12_011415.jpg

There are whirlpools on Glorx, too. However, they look differently here. Let's jump into one and see what happens.
2015_12_12_011432.jpg

Weird! We are transported to an area that is covered in seaweed. What is the purpose of that, I wonder?
2015_12_12_011446.jpg

The inner voice tells me something I do not understand. Are you trying to insult me again, you irritating twit? I am a slave to no one! And I do not even know what Valorins are!
2015_12_12_011524.jpg

Let's continue the exploration. There must be some method to this madness! Checking out the second whirlpool!
2015_12_12_011537.jpg

More seaweed! But this time there are items inside...
2015_12_12_011609.jpg

I get it! This must be the equivalent of Fostral hideouts!

Checking the northern part of the map I come across an important-looking escave. It is definitely more well-maintained than the one in the south.
2015_12_12_011721.jpg

Also, I think it's time to whip out the Compass. Whoa! We have a whole menu dedicated to the Lost Chain! That's what Feenger was talking about! 'F' for Fostral, 'G' for Glorx... 'N' must be for Necross and 'X' for Xplo. What do the rest of the letters stand for, I wonder? And why are there three passages on Fostral, but only two are marked on the menu?

To the right of the escave, there stands a beautiful Passage. The Compass informs me it's the one leading to Necross.
2015_12_12_011741.jpg

According to the Compass, there are four Passages in total on Glorx - to Fostral, Necross, Xplo and Khox. The northern escave, the one to our left, is called Lampasso, the central one with a fashionable entrance is called VigBoo, and the southern one is Ogorod. How does it know all that without visiting them once!?

Oh, look! An old acquaintance! Lost your gun, wheeler? Nope, I am not getting into a fight with you a second time!
2015_12_12_011827.jpg

What a lovely stone! It must be important somehow. I would have loved to examine it in more detail IF THERE WOUDN'T BE A 100-TON MECHOS TRYING TO LAND ON ME.
2015_12_12_011853.jpg

2015_12_12_011907.jpg

2015_12_12_011927.jpg

I escape death by mere centimeters. I think we've seen enough of the place.

As I search the world for Larvae, the colors begin to change, and some numbers appear on the screen. I guess the cycle has come to an end.
2015_12_12_012001.jpg

Oh, so that's what the glowing thing does. Good to know! Meanwhile, the numbers keep growing.
2015_12_12_012040.jpg

The DigRig doesn't work under water. However, if you find a patch of dry land, it can help you climb back on a road as long as the two are connected. Here's me clawing my way up the support column.
2015_12_12_012135.jpg

There are tiny brown specks on the map. There are at least two on the screen below that are clearly visible. I ride over one - and I understand what the numbers are for. They count how many of those you have in your cargo bay!
2015_12_12_012231.jpg

But what are those?
2015_12_12_014151.jpg

A peeperette (pipetka in Russian), huh? A 'cult doodad'? Can't say I understand much more than I did before.

Nevermind. The Larva is in sight. A blue dot encased in white. This is what we came here for... isn't it?
2015_12_12_014300.jpg

Remembering Leepky's teachings...
Leepky in update 7 said:
- We get the Larva's spirit through cirt, plain soil taken from the worlds where our lords live. [...] You only have to take the cirtainer, find the smelly soil and fill it up, and take it back to Podish and our bunch...
...I stand right above the place the Larva just crawled through, and activate the cirtainer to collect the pheromone-enriched soil.

One cirtainer is full!
2015_12_12_014330.jpg

We repeat the process with the second one as well. Time to head back!

There is one last surprise before we reach the Passage. My air reserves do not allow me to travel under water for long, so I have to resort to my usual jumping routine.
2015_12_12_014436.jpg

However, due to there being very little space on the roads, the possibility of collision rises tenfold. And this time I jump straight on an atTractor's sawblade, which instantly takes off 3/4 of my hull! Yikes!
2015_12_12_014446.jpg

Yes, my mechos may be unrivaled on dry roads and in the wide open plateaus of Fostral, but it definitely is not a good fit for Glorx which doesn't have many roads to speak of - and the ones it has favor much better armored vehicles than mine. I could take to the water, but the lack of air would kill me quickly, and I would lose the sole advantage of the Blurry Dot - its speed.

I will have to find some other ride if I want to survive here.

Back to Fostral!
2015_12_12_014532.jpg

2015_12_12_014540.jpg

2015_12_12_014623.jpg

2015_12_12_014646.jpg

2015_12_12_014652.jpg

Ah! Home, sweet home! I can't tell you how I missed this sickly green color! And the absense of water!

Let's head to the nearest escave which just so happens to be the Incubator. Feenger is delighted to hear we brought some cirt back! Yiss, yiss, praise me more! :)
2015_12_12_014729.jpg

[Cirt in inventory]
- I can smell the cirt in your bay, you fortune trader. But it's Leepky who takes the cirt from you. Go to Podish; the heart of Eleepods is there!

However, he is agitated for some reason. Chill, buddy! It's called midlife crisis. Sitting in one place the whole time must be getting to you.
2015_12_12_014737.jpg

- Although I'm just an appendage, I can feel that something is wrong here... But I don't understand what... My head is swirling and my scratchers are depressed...

He calms down after a while, and goes through the rest of my cargo.

[Peeperette in inventory]
- A peeperette from Glorx? How interesting! What are you shipping this rubbish for, doltish wheeler? Looking for a place to plant it? I'll tell you what: no peeperette will grow on Fostral even if you stand on your head...

I try selling him the peeperettes, but he offers a pitiable 1 beeb for each. What a worthless load of junk!

And then, he decides to confide in me.
2015_12_12_014814.jpg

[ruBeecation warning]
- You've served us well, vanger, and the wet wasteland of Glorx is looming in the distance. But don't be afraid. Despite the evil and dullness of Beeboorats, we've figured out their secret. You'd better learn it: every vanger that falls into the clutches of these wicked beasts will be shorn like a lamb.
- He'll lose his mechos and get a raffa in exchange. Don't even think about peeking into the central escave or
Lampasso. They'll capture you there and...
- A better way to go is by that ugly Beeboorat with the elongated snout... And dig a little there...

Followed by his usual proposal. It's Plump-up, after all.
- Vanger, the Eleerection is coming up. The Eleepods are giving you the chance to participate in something holy. Do you agree to wait here until the abundant Plump-up passes and eLeeches emerge from the abyss of dreams?
Choice time, Codex!
1) Agree to participate in the Eleerection. We need to change our mechos. Extra money and luck won't hurt, too. Drive all the way to Podish and give Leepky the cirt he wanted. We went through so much trouble to get it!
2) Agree to participate in the Eleerection, and drive the eLeech to Podish, but empty the cirtainers before you get there. We could've made some mistake. Better be safe than sorry.
3) Agree to participate in the Eleerection and drive the eLeech all the way to Glorx. Feenger mentioned the Beeboorats like eLeeches... raw, that is.
4) Decline and head back to Glorx.
5) Freeform (specify).

If you choose to return to Glorx right now, without buying a new mechos, pick your activity. (You don't need to choose this if you are visiting Leepky, first)
a) You heed the warning and drive to the southern escave. There we will try digging up the escave walls and see what comes up.
b) You ignore the warning and drive to the central escave. What do the Eleepods know? They said it themselves their P-Beam can't penetrate Glorx!
c) You ignore the warning and drive to the northern escave, Lampasso. The name has a nice ring to it - it can't be that bad.
d) You don't enter any of the escaves and just hang around. Maybe pick up some more cirt.
e) Freeform (specify).

If we find an item while digging up the walls of an escave, what do we do with it?
1) What kind of stupid question is that? Steal it, of course!
2) Ask the spirits and hold a vote. The context might be important.
3) Leave it be. We are a respectable, law-abiding vanger. We also would very much like to live for a bit longer.

Also, do you want to buy a tabutask in the Incubator? Be aware that their difficulty ramps up as you progress through the game. Now that you have access to another world, they probably won't be asking you trivial things.
1) Sure. Sticking to tabutasks has never failed us before.
2) Nah. We have enough on our plate right now.

Known vocabulary.
vangers - asked Leepky&Feenger
bunch - asked Leepky&Feenger
Clash
Spiral - asked Leepky&Feenger
Departed Bios - asked Leepky&Feenger

Xplo - asked Leepky&Feenger
Leepky - asked Leepky
Feenger
Lampasso

ruBeecation

peeperette
Five questions, as usual.

Feenger's warning in Russian:
Ты, вангер, послужил отменно элиподам. А впереди маячит Глоркс сырой громадой. Но ты не бойся. Хотя тупы и мерзки бибураты, мы разгадали их секрет. Отныне знай, что каждый вангер, попавший в лапы злобным тварям, до нитки гол становится обычно.
И мехоса его лишают, сажая в раффа. Не вздумай появиться в эскейве среднем и в Лампассах. Тебя там схватят и...
Лучше поезжай ты к бибурату с длинным носом, уродливый такой весь... Поковыряй его...

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Choices:
1=5: Give the Eleech to the Beeborats things to give them a good initial impression. But before that, empty the cirtainer, better safe than sorry.
2=2: Curiosity is not a sin, right?
3=1: It is our duty as adventurers to get everything that is not nailed down.
4=2: Nah, first we have to learn what kind of strange freaks our new neighbors are.

Questions:
Larvae, Clash, ruBeecation, Lampasso, peeperette.

Even though so far the plot seems mostly gibberish, I'm stating to notice a pattern in this madness.

Nevill

Arcane
While we wait, have a look at the map of Glorx. It is a gorgeous world - if a bit too wet for my tastes. You should be able to recognize most objects we encountered - and perhaps even some that we didn't.
Glorx.jpg
The southernmost Passage is the one that leads to Xplo (pronounced Eks-plo, in case you are wondering).

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
So... I take it people are eager to meet the good Beeboorats? :M

Funny that the influx of votes has stopped just as we are about to hit the second world. Is it the weekend, or is it that people don't like seeing too many choices?

Dayyālu

Arcane
So... I take it people are eager to meet the good Beeboorats? :M

Funny that the influx of votes has stopped just as we are about to hit the second world. Is it the weekend, or is it that people don't like seeing too many choices?

Tribes Ascend patch. I suck at that game, yet....

Questions:
Larvae, Clash, ruBeecation, Lampasso, peeperette.

+1

About your our choices:

1 - 1) Money Money Money MONEY MONEY

2 - 2) Voting is good. Like in Real Life, it solves a lot of problems. Sure. Great.

3 - 1) Aren't you the Chosen Runner, Nevill? Chosen of the Spirits of Fair Codexia? Sure you will not fail US in such small things....

Nevill

Arcane
I vote for whatever moves the LP along.
Right now the point of contention is whether we should stay on Fostral for the last few cycles to say goodbye to Leepky (and possibly earn more money, change our mechos, and see if we solved the cirt 'puzzle' correctly), or we should drive to Glorx and meet our new neighbours.

Both options will move LP along, although depending on your subsequent choices (and our luck) they might take it in slightly different directions.

You probably can't get the game to an unwinnable state at this point (if ever), but you can make my life harder, that's for certain. :M

To spice things up, I''ll just say that one of the choices on offer leads to a non-standard Game Over. :cool:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom