Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's stir the Creature Soup in Vangers - One for the Road

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Votes locked. Haven't seen lightbane in a while. :?

Actions:
Eleerect without a tabutask.

Questions:
- Creature Soup
- Phlegma
- Pod
- Eleerection
- Eleepods

- Who or what is Creature Soup, Counselor?
- Don't swear!

- Who or what is phlegma, Counselor?
The blood of Incubator...

- Who or what is pod, Counselor?
You're too dumb for that, son. Forget about them, they're not for you...

- Who or what is Eleerection, Counselor?
This ritual is the foundation of Eleepod life! Study its rules...

- Who or what is Eleepods, Counselor?
The Eleepods are your benefactors, you dung beetle. And I, Feenger, am one of them.

Known vocabulary.
mechos - asked Leepky (low trust)
vangers - asked Leepky (low trust)
raffa - asked Leepky (low trust)
escave - asked Feenger (low trust)
pod - asked Feenger (low trust)
bunch - asked Feenger (low trust)
bios - asked Feenger (low trust)
beebs - asked Leepky
Creature Soup - asked Feenger

The Chain - asked Leepky (low trust)
Fostral - asked Feenger (low trust)
Glorx
Eleepods - asked Feenger (low trust)
Beeboorats - asked Leepky
Zeexen
Leepky - asked Leepky
Feenger
Podish
Incubator - asked Feenger (low trust)
Plump-up
Eleerection - asked Feenger (low trust)
Gulp-down

eLeech - asked Leepky (low trust)
Larvae - asked Leepky (low trust)
nymbos
phlegma - asked Feenger (low trust)
kusowocks
cirt - asked Leepky (low trust)
Rejoice. If we win the race, this should - in theory - bump our trust high enough to get more answers out of the fatsos. In theory, because you can't be certain of anything when it comes to this game.

Keep in mind that different Counselors may answer your questions differently.

lightbane

Arcane
polls_2356i_m_back_5114_855042_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Jeez, such impatience. Your enthusiasm is admirable, but you're updating this too fast IMO, practically an update everyday, so I don't always have the time to respond immediately. Moreover, I can't see most of the pics and the green color everywhere makes it hard to tell what's going on. Perhaps you should try doing subtitled videos once in a while for this lp.

Nevill

Arcane
Your enthusiasm is admirable, but you're updating this too fast IMO, practically an update everyday
Well, each section only takes me about 10 minutes or so. The game is quite fast-paced. :)

It's 10 minutes to play the game, and then 2 to 3 hours to put the update together.

Moreover, I can't see most of the pics
Wait, can you take a screenshot and PM it to me? I want to see how it looks on your side. You and Azira both mentioned this, but I just don't see it on my end (with several devices and different networks).

I have no idea what to think.

lightbane

Arcane
Well, the weird part is that I noticed I can't see these missing pics anywhere, no matter the device and the network... Except if I directly copy and paste the link with the broken image. Then it is fully visible... Until I reload the page. Like this one:

2015_12_07_140615.jpg

It's probably something do you with your image host you're using. And when I mentioned you post too fast, I also was refering to the fact you expect us to make our votes in barely one day as well, which is a quite strict time-limit, I would say.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I have the same problem as lightbane, some images are loading as they should, the rest I can only see if I right click and choose "view image", but that takes me away from the LP post.

As to the short timelimit, I don't mind. Sure, it's fastpaced and you can only expect a few votes each time, but it also moves the LP along.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, the weird part is that I noticed I can't see these missing pics anywhere, no matter the device and the network...
No matter the device, huh? That's interesting. Google Chrome has this little bug... but if you can't see them in Firefox too, then the problem is on the hosting side.

It's the same hosting I used for OWar LP, so if everything was working then... :?

Let's have a little experiment. Which ones of these are or are not visible for you?
2015_12_07_140615.jpg
2015_12_07_140615.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
The 2nd one is visible for me, but not the first one. So far, I tried using Firefox and Palemoon for the PC, but no dice so far.
I'll check if Chrome gives me better results.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Nice LP.:thumbsup: Think i saw a vangers review ages ago in game magazine but never played it myself

Let's have a little experiment. Which ones of these are or are not visible for you?

first one is not visible for me unless i right click and select view image

Nevill

Arcane
The 2nd one is visible for me, but not the first one.
I think I understand the problem. Will try to fix the previous updates... eventually.

Anyway, let's try something different for this update.

Part 4. The Holy Race.
We need to do this if we ever want to have a chance of leaving this rock.
2015_12_07_234642.jpg

- Ok, worm, I'll wait...
- The inevitable has happened! The eLeeches have come. Take him and bring him to Podish, but remember: the eLeech is very fragile. As soon as the Gulp-down starts, he'll die forever. Hurry up, charioteer!

Feenger gives me an eLeech. It's kind of cute... in an ugly way. Basically, it's a baby Eleepod, if you didn't guess that already.
640_cb_20120219111115_path_prefix_ru.jpg
Mind you, I have NO IDEA how to make videos with subtitles for Youtube, so I took the first tool I had, which was a Camtasia Studio, and burned the subs inside. Dirty, but it works.

It was not a very eventful race, so there isn't much to comment on, except my derp towards the end where I wanted to cut corners and fell down a hideout instead of driving over it.

However, it marks an important point for us, personally.
2015_12_07_232148.jpg

Gee, fitter! You got here FIRST! You're now the hero of the Eleerection, something the Eleepods will remember. We know how to separate the grain from the chaff...
- We Eleepods appreciate smart and efficient vangers, and we are granting you a handful of beebs for your pain. Know our generosity, cunning hearse-rider. And keep on serving us as well...
- So, rover, it's time to tell you about the basis of the universe: about us, the profound Eleepods...
- The story of the Chain is cloudy to us; we don't like fairy tales like the Zeexen do... That's why all the various rumors about ancient
Softie and cursed Cryspo mean nothing to us. And if you are a fan of bedtime stories, go to Necross, where you'll have your ears stuffed with phlegma...
- We Eleepods are not bound by time and real deeds. For us there is no past, and we do not care about tomorrow. However, we have studied the current moment at length and know everything about the present...
- None of the inhabitants of the Chain have been allowed the feeling of Knowledge about the Condition of All Things that we have. We need but to collect all the chords from the pods into a unified harmony, at which point we will see all the worlds in our consciousness as a unified, motionless mold.
- We are quietly stewing deep in Fostral and the happiness of dipping a scratcher in sticky phlegma and running it through protuberances swollen with nymbos, while slipping the
P-beam through vain worlds, is not for you or any other of the luckless to know, be they Beeboorats or Zeexen...
- The essence of the Eleepods is all in pods and the feeling of unity. We do not have loneliness or the fear of the nubbin of life before the real, immense world, as our subconscious is wrapped up in pods... Then again, you probably don't need to know that, cirt hunter...
- We will explain later the connection between pods and the P-beam. Not every vanger survives up above, and not every vanger is needed by the Eleepods. Remember: information about the current instant in all the universe is ours, and you are just the executor of our will...

From this moment on, we have made the Eleepods notice our prowess, and can now count on them divulging a bit more information than they previously would. They still aren't spilling all the beans, but that can be fixed by winning more races. Probably.

The reward he gave us is 5000 beebs, by the way. Not too shabby for 3 minutes worth of work.

Given the new development, I will give you a chance to ask Leepky 10 questions for this update. Perhaps some of the less satisfactory answers will now be more in-depth.

Known vocabulary.
bios - asked Feenger (low trust)
beebs - asked Leepky
Softie
Cryspo

Glorx
Necross
Zeexen
Leepky - asked Leepky
Feenger
Podish
Plump-up
Eleerection - asked Feenger (low trust)
Gulp-down

kusowocks
P-beam

nymbos
cirt - asked Leepky (low trust)
What should we do before the next race?
1) Raid the secret shashes and hideouts for items. (safe, but less profitable)
2) Try to complete a few tabutasks and build up our Luck. (could be very profitable, but also risky - you can fail them just as easily)
3) Go to war and build up our Dominance. That Reanimator who nearly killed us in the last run is still out there somewhere. (not profitable at all, and obviously dangerous)
4) Freeform (specify).

Leepky's dialogue in Russian:
Механик! Ты приехал ПЕРВЫМ! Теперь ты Элирекции герой - элиподы это не забудут. Мы умеем отличать зерно от плевел...
Мы, элиподы, ценим вангеров умелых и смышленых. За твои труды мы дарим тебе горстку бибов славных, знай нашу щедрость, катафальщик хитрый. И продолжай служить нам так же хорошо...
Что ж, дорожник, пора тебе поведать об основе всех и вся - о нас, проникновенных элиподах...
История Потерянной Цепи покрыта для нас мраком - мы не собиратели занятных баек подобно циксам... Поэтому все эти слухи о древних софти и проклятых криспо нас волнуют мало - если ты любитель небылиц поезжай на Некросс - там тебе залепят слуховые дыры флегмой...
Мы, элиподы, вне времени и вне реальных дел. Для нас нет прошлого и то что будет завтра нам абсолютно безразлично. Зато текущее мгновение мы изучили плотно и знаем все о настоящем...
Никому из обитателей Цепи не дано познать то чувство Знания о Состоянии Всех Дел, что есть у нас. Нам стоит лишь собрать все струны любого из стручков в единую гармонию - и тут же мы увидим все миры в своем сознании единым неподвижным слепком...
Мы тихо преем глубоко в Фострале и счастье окунуть чесалку в клейкой флегме и провести по бугоркам, от нимбоса набухшим, скользя при этом Линзой по суетным мирам, тебе не дано узнать, впрочем как и остальным несчастным - будь то бибураты или циксы...
Суть элиподов вся в стручках, в ощущении единства. У нас нет одиночества и страха мелкого комочка жизни перед реальным необъятным миром - наше подсознание объединено в стручках... Впрочем, вряд ли это нужно знать тебе, добытчик нюхи...
Мы объясним тебе лишь позже связь стручков и Линзы. Не каждый вангер выживает наверху и не каждый вангер нужен элиподам. Запомни - информация о текущем миге всей вселенной у нас, ты лишь исполнитель нашей воли...

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
I vote for 1. Moar raids! And shoot other vangers if you can. There can be only one!

Softie
Cryspo
Glorx
Necross
Zeexen
Feenger
P-beam
cirt

Nevill

Arcane
Votes locked.

Actions:
Buy a few tabutasks and raid the stashes.

Questions:
The Chain
Fostral
pod
nymbos
raffa
bios
Zeexen

vangers
mechos
Eleerection
lightbane said:
raffa
Softie
Cryspo
The Chain
Glorx
Necross
Zeexen

Feenger
P-beam
cirt
bios
Creature Soup
Cryspo
Glorx
Necross

Beeboorats
Zeexen
kusowocks
nymbos
cirt
Common topics:
nymbos, cirt, raffa, Cryspo, bios, Zeexen, The Chain, Glorx, Necross

Different topics:
Fostral/pod/vangers/mechos/Eleerection/Softie/Feenger/P-beam/Beeboorats/kusowocks (10 total)

Excluded Creature Soup because the Eleepods won't talk about it any more than they already have.

- Who or what is nymbos, Counselor?
The Eleepods will pay you for shipping it from Podish to Incubator...

Pretty straightforward. If I had to guess, it has something to do with eLeeches, but of course they will never speak about this.

- Who or what is cirt, Counselor?
Find some and we'll buy it. But you've got to get one thing right: we will only take cirt from OUR Larvae...

So cirt is something that is connected to Larvae... Must be valuable, too, by the sound of it.

- Who or what is raffa, Counselor?
Can't say much about the raffa. The beasts are everywhere, setting traps for the Eleepods. I bet that you've noticed them. And that they've noticed you...

We must have noticed them, but we still don't know what they are. Any guesses, Codex?

- Who or what is Cryspo, Counselor?
Are you a vanger? Or a collector of tales about those who are long gone? Time for you to head up. They'll set you straight, the hard way!

- Who or what is bios, Counselor?
There are currently three bios in the Chain: the Eleepods, Zeexen, and Beeboorats, those darn gluttons...

- Who or what is Zeexen, Counselor?
Zeexen, Zeexen... strange creatures... We don't like them... Stay away from the Zeexen...

- Who or what is The Chain, Counselor?
Fostral is not the only world. There are others, too, and you can get to them through Passages. Our neighbors are Glorx and... no, that's enough for now.

- Who or what is Glorx, Counselor?
There's a Passage on Fostral leading to Glorx. It's a world of water, dangerous for travelers, but unfortunately Glorx is the crossroads between all worlds, curse the builders of this Chain! And curse the Beeboorats with them, those hellspawn!

- Who or what is Necross, Counselor?
We've never been there. Ask your vanger friends, if you have any. Or go there yourself!

- Who or what is Eleerection, Counselor?
This rite is in place to prolong the race of the Eleepods. It's the cycle that follows the Plump-up. The time for speedy vangers to show off! You can take part in it, and if you win, you'll be rewarded. But take care of your eLeech, or else...

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Let's see if we can't get a hint by checking the available information.

Going to the store, looking at mechoses...
Oxidize Monk.
latest_cb_20120218103011_path_prefix_ru.gif

This old fella has seen a lot in his days. There are still living witnesses on Fostral who saw these things triumph in the big race from the Incubator. They mopped the floor with four boneheaded Zeexen scoffers and their fancy dragsters and salvaged guns worth tons of beebs. Luck favors this machine.

Needle/Piercator.
latest_cb_20120218194720_path_prefix_ru.gif

This klutz has long been a symbol of successful commerce. Who hasn’t heard of the Mother of Beebs before? It sounds incredible, but whenever you stop, the beebs start to swarm around like it was smeared with honey. Those beasts just adore their Mother, and that's not a fluke. All the vangers who have tried this vehicle say its pilots are never short on beebs.

Ancient Demon.
latest_cb_20120218133030_path_prefix_ru.gif

The favorite mechos of reckless rangers, adventurers and real bandits. When you’re bored, having no stupid missions to perform for the fat counselors, or when you can’t put up with the abysmal number of beebs left until the next cycle anymore, come join the tribe of free ramblers. Let those hucksters scratch their heads trying to figure out where to get their stuff and where to unload for maximum beeb intake. Your only care is the time and place of your next 'hot date.'

Nope, nothing to help our cause so far...

Iron Wraith/Iron Shadow
latest_cb_20120218135240_path_prefix_ru.gif

The jolly raffa-hunters once rode in machines like this. In the mountains, only these could chase down an agile, desperately struggling rattletrap, or escape by water, leaving behind a furious herd that thought you were already dead and they just had to sharpen their mandibles and gulp you down.

Oh, this one is getting closer. So you can hunt raffas...

Ripper.
latest_cb_20120218115523_path_prefix_ru.gif

It’s not uncommon for snobby Eleepods to give anything for a rattle. They've collected heaps of scrap from all the worlds in their escaves and now hold onto it like misers, ad whoever tries to deprive them of their treasure comes to grief. The merciless killer in this craggy buggy can catch the culprit instantly. Whenever others see it speed by, they say: “Another moron meets his fate, who dared try Leepky's treasure take”.

I guess that is an advice not to steal from Leepky. Hmph! Or maybe the worm put the description up just to scare off the gullible folk! I'm not afraid of you, lardass!

Heavy Lady.
latest_cb_20120218123427_path_prefix_ru.gif

A mechos for the kings of the road. Rumors has it that the exact same chariot was used to transport a Larva for the Necross' bunches. Very few witnesses survived cthe jolly dance of death nearby the Plugged Passage. The fatty sure earned sa lot of respect that day. Since then, lots of hot-shot vangers have gotten a lot of pride from taking her out for a ride, raising clouds of dust and tossing clumsier beebs out of the way.

No luck here. Let's look at the junk mechoses.

BLOCH ('flea')
latest_cb_20120218095435_path_prefix_ru.gif

A long time ago, the Transmundane Bios assembled these marvelous mechos to fight the multiplying beebs that mucked up their underground plantations. No vermin could escape from the brave hunters in these speedy buggies. They got so good at slaying the poor chiggers that the beebs instinctively hide themselves in deep cracks for a very long time whenever they see this mechos.

MOTOK ('hank')
latest_cb_20120218095349_path_prefix_ru.gif

This wagon is best for those who like to watch a fight from a distance. While those blockheads beat each other up, you can just take a moment to grab the items they've dropped and take off with them. Or you can attack someone with impunity. An agile raffa can always get beebs without getting into trouble.

Getting warmer...

SMOK
latest_cb_20120218095221_path_prefix_ru.gif

This mechos is the raffas’ favorite. You can always hide in a crack and wait for your pursuiers to leave. One story says that a certain thief using this ride got away from two hunters in trucks after stealing hash from the Eleepods' counselor. He slipped between their wheels, and the two collided and blew up. Later, a couple of ripe stinkhorns shot the guy, but that’s a different story.

SHROT ('sprat')
latest_cb_20120218094520_path_prefix_ru.gif

Raffas are small but agile and wicked. And when these cockroaches start to swarm, the traders gotta keep an eye on their stuff! On Necross, there used to be a big clump of rebellious fitters riding in these rattletraps, and they hunted properly. After one group forced a vanger into a swamp, another one would pop up right out of the mud and finish the deal. There was a time when the snail-like Eleepods couldn’t get their precious cirt because of this gang, so they had to spend lots of beebs for raffa-flushers to wipe out the blight.

Bingo!! Indeed, we have met plenty of them.

I suppose the word is a derivative from 'ruffian', because you can't do honest work - or any work, really - in a mechos like these. :M

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Part 5. For the Swarm!
Right. Let's earn some beebs. We'll need a tabutask for that. After buying it I notice that a new item is available in the shop. It's a passenger!
2015_12_08_162508.jpg

God knows how they stuffed this fellow into a portable container. The ones I've seen were too fat to fit in any mechos but a truck. :D

He's too expensive, though, and I don't have enough cargo space for him anyway. Next time, maybe.

Opening the tabutask reveals our next quest.
2015_12_08_162652.jpg

Stinkhorns have bred around Podish in large quantities.
They are impairing communications with Incubator.
Shoot at least 70 stinkers to improve communications.
Reward: 1300 Luck: 2 Cycles: 0

Not the cleanest job, but an easy one. Who am I to say 'no' to extra Luck?

The persistent landscape option means the stinkers at the escave entrance will need to regrow on their own, rather than respawn each time. I need to find another cluster.

They are pretty volatile. A chain reaction of explosions will blow away any mechos standing nearby with extreme force. I find this out the hard way, accidentally shooting one when its neighbours started to regenerate.
2015_12_08_162752.jpg

There are whirlpools on the map. They are not always there... depends on the cycle, probably. Be careful not to fall into one of those - KiD doesn't work there, so you'll have to get out on your own. Whatever you do - don't panic. Pick a directiuon and stick to it - your engine should prove more powerful in the end.
2015_12_08_162903.jpg

A big advantage of the destructible terrain is that you can make your own entrances. After a few of my visits, this vault has more holes than it has walls. And it still gets restocked!
2015_12_08_162942.jpg

2015_12_08_163022.jpg

I have a run-in with a vehicle that would be quite dangerous if it weren't so derpy. The Iron Wraith requires a lot of skill to drive - it's so fast that AI has trouble keeping its wheels on the ground. :lol:
2015_12_08_163332.jpg

A few golden beebs (some of the locals call them 'Royal') and a lot of shooting later, my task is complete.
2015_12_08_163439.jpg

2015_12_08_163501.jpg

2015_12_08_163539.jpg

Time to hit the hideouts before I get back!
2015_12_08_163610.jpg

Some of the hideouts won't open if you don't have enough Luck. But with a few tabutasks under my belt, this almost doesn't happen anymore.
2015_12_08_164046.jpg

Also, the more Luck you have, the more and better quality items you will find inside. This time the haul is quite different from what we found when we did our first sweep. I even throw away some of the cheaper loot to make space for more expensive stuff.

As an aside, the race is still ongoing. This seems to be the last participant. Unlike the player, AI vangers can sign up for the race during the Eleerection itself.
2015_12_08_164147.jpg

Don't get close to stinkers in presence of other vehicles. My shields are gone in an instant.
2015_12_08_164236.jpg

I want to get to the Incubator to try out some of their tabutasks. While checking the stashes along the way, I have picked up something curious.
2015_12_08_164400.jpg

Also, make note - our mortal enemy is still lurking around! One day, wheeler, one day... :argh:

I arrive to a more secluded section of the map and check my cargo bay. Indeed, I now have a special weapon in a single-cell slot.
2015_12_08_164724.jpg

I will test it later. For now it is more useful to me as loot to sell for money.

This cycle is especially generous with Royal beebs. I think I squashed about 5 of them. A nice little cash bonus.
2015_12_08_164815.jpg

2015_12_08_165000.jpg

The end of the cycle comes swiftly, and I go down the escave to sell all the loot I acquired.
2015_12_08_165018.jpg

Which makes me somewhat rich. Last time I ventured out of here, I only had about a thousand beebs on me.
2015_12_08_165037.jpg

I came here for the tabutasks, though, and that's what I am going to buy.
2015_12_08_165111.jpg

2015_12_08_165144.jpg

2015_12_08_165311.jpg

The counselor of Incubator is concerned
about eLeeches being lost on the way to Podish...
You have to come in third in the next Eleection
and try to keep an eye on the first two racers...
We hope to trace where the cult items disappear to.
Reward: 12000 Luck: 5 Cycles: 3

Oops. Looks like we will have to make a decision during the next Eleerection, whether we want to win right then and there, or forfeit the race for a chance of a massive reward. 12000 beebs don't just fall from the sky.

Beebs have dug a lot of holes around Incubator.
This causes drafts in the escave, which is dangerous for eLeech health.
You must exterminate as many beebs as possible, and not less than fifteen.
Reward: 1800 Luck: 2 Cycles: 0

Seems easy enough. We did something like this for Podish already.

Buzzing insects annoy Feenger, keeping him from writing a poem
in honor of the Eleepods.
To help him finish the job in time,
repel 13 swarms.
Reward: 1400 Luck: 2 Cycles: 0

Oh. My. God. This is going to hurt. :negative:

Hunting beebs is relatively effortless. If you ignore all the trucks coming in and out of the Incubator.
2015_12_08_165349.jpg

Some of them take offense at me standing there and collecting living money. Greedy bastards! They use some sort of new weapon that visibly travels underground and damages your armor directly. It also causes the camera to shake violently on impact, screwing with the interface. You can see it as a slight bump on the ground near the enemy vehicle on the screenshot below.
2015_12_08_165430.jpg

Thankfully, it is slow, and does not travel far, so you can outrun it.

I keep an eye out for raffas, though. Need to uphold my reputation and all that.
2015_12_08_165518.jpg

There are plenty of beebs near the incubator, so the mission is completed quickly.
2015_12_08_165547.jpg

2015_12_08_165637.jpg

Now for the FUN part.

I am not serious, of course. There is nothing fun in tracking down 13 swarms and pissing them off. It is tedious, it is hard, it is dangerous, and the worst of all, I can never find enough of them in time.

Your most accessible way of triggering them is to jump right in their midst, and you need to be pretty good at controlling your vehicle to even get a chance in hell of completing the mission. You have to jump while on the move to leave them behind - move too slowly, and they will eat you alive. You also want to watch where you land - you don't want to end in the way of a passing truck, or in a stinker field. And if you 'luck out' and get a swarm in the middle of a rough terrain... you are probably better off leaving it be and finding a new one to mess with.

In the end, I had to cheat a little and go to Podish and back to 'reset' the swarms when I couldn't find more. Their location is randomized each time.

By the way, here's me jumping too low and nearly getting shredded for it.
2015_12_08_170847.jpg

2015_12_08_170858.jpg

One time, I got so tired of waiting for my shields to recharge, that I tried to position myself on a stinker to have my weapons look upwards, and shoot the swarm from below. It was a success... but then I accidentally shot the stinker, too, and nearly killed myself. :negative:
2015_12_08_170944.jpg

However, after a while I get them all.
2015_12_08_172814.jpg

Here's a short excerpt from my journeys.

A meeting with the derpmobile Iron Wraith while I shoot the stinkers.
A little accident in the Incubator when another vanger left through the same exit as I did. Especially infuriating when it happens during the race and you are shoved back in the escave against your will. It's funny when raffas do it, though, because they instantly explode on impact.
And a lot of swarm hunting and related hazards.

But my efforts weren't for naught!
2015_12_08_172957.jpg

Because now we can afford ourselves a new mechos!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

In Russian, it is called 'Instantaneous', and has the highest possible velocity rating!

Or we could wait a little and buy ourselves this one:
2015_12_08_212013.jpg

You might need this to make an informed choice:
Here are the stats of our Monk, for comparison.
2015_12_08_172939.jpg

Here are our possible successors in motion.
latest_cb_20120218113403_path_prefix_ru.gif
latest_cb_20120218182624_path_prefix_ru.gif

Here is the cargo bay for Blurry Dot:
2015_12_08_212002.jpg

And here's one for Arcan:
2015_12_08_212019.jpg
I will be heading to the Incubator after this. Whatever we decide about our third tabutask, we will have to partake in the next race regardless.

What to do, Codex?
1) Buy Blurry Dot. It is fast, it is small and agile, and it has a spacey cargo bay able to fit up to 6 wares! A perfect vehicle for fast deliveries and hit-and-runs. Also, have you seen those shields?
2) Save a bit of beebs and buy Arcan. It is somewhat slow, and its cargo bay has a weird shape, but it has enough armor to make up for it. It won't break any records, but it won't be going up in flames after kissing a truck, either.
3) Eleepods have got one thing right - greed makes the world go round! Do not waste a beeb on this foolish endeavor! The Monk has served us well, and it will continue to serve! We don't need no stinking upgrades!
4) Freeform (specify).

Also, do we buy a tabutask when the cycle changes? It will be Plump-up then, one cycle before the Eleerection, so we have some free time on our hands.
1) Yes, we can always use more money and Luck. (You can't choose this option if you keep the Monk, as we don't have any more cargo space.)
2) No, enough of the tabutasks for now. What if they order you to kill 13 trucks next time?

As always, you can ask your questions. 5 to Leepky, and 5 to Feenger (because I will be going there to sign up for the Eleerection).

Known vocabulary.
raffa - asked Leepky
bios - asked Feenger, Leepky
beebs - asked Leepky
Softie
Cryspo - asked Leepky
Passage

The Chain - asked Leepky
Glorx - asked Leepky
Necross - asked Leepky
Zeexen - asked Leepky
Leepky - asked Leepky
Feenger
Podish
Plump-up
Eleerection - asked Feenger (low trust), Leepky
Gulp-down

kusowocks
P-beam

nymbos - asked Leepky
cirt - asked Leepky
By the way, the earlier updates should be fixed by now. If they aren't, please inform me.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well, well, well, let's post a little.... and then return of our role of a fly inside the machine, watching our betters perform great deeds.

3) Eleepods have got one thing right - greed makes the world go round! Do not waste a beeb on this foolish endeavor! The Monk has served us well, and it will continue to serve! We don't need no stinking upgrades!

No one of them piques my interest. This ride will do.

2) No, enough of the tabutasks for now. What if they order you to kill 13 trucks next time?

As always, you can ask your questions. 5 to Leepky, and 5 to Feenger (because I will be going there to sign up for the Eleerection).

Leepky

- Softies (What is remembered about the Scions of Earth amongst their degenerate descendants?)
- P- Beam (Sounds sexy.)
- Eleepods (We love different species. Or races.)
- Plump-up (From the beginning....)
- Gulp-down (....To the end of weird sexual practices. Aren't we Anthropologists all? Wait! Xenologists?!)

Feenger

- Softies (They don't like history, I do)
- Necross (Races and targets, races and targets.)
-
Mechos (I am the one with the mechanoid soul, as the old song goes...)
-
Cryspo (The other half)
-
The Chain (Let's go On Throughout The Night)

Nevill

Arcane
Would brofist if I could. That's a proper mindset to play this game in. :salute:

Keep in mind that Leepky&Feenger sometimes act as one. I will be noting this in the vocabulary, and replace the questions with other ones if there are duplicates.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
1:1 Yes, get a better vehicle. And a new paint-job, if possible.
2:1 Moar money= bigger guns.
3: (L.) Softies, P-Beams, kusowocks, Gulp-down, Podish; (F.) Softies, Necross, Cryspo, The Chain, Passage.

Also, whenever you have the time, it would do good to include in the index a dictionary with the latest concepts known to us, if only for easier reading.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
1) Buy Spread Spot. It is fast, it is small and agile, and it has a spacey cargo bay able to fit up to 6 wares! A perfect vehicle for fast deliveries and hit-and-runs. Also, have you seen those shields?

It has everything. The cargo, the gun slots, the shields, the handling. And gud looks. :incline:

You are a grown-ass vanger on a sirius mechos from now on. Tabutasks are below your stature.

As always, you can ask your questions.

- The Chain
- Passage
- Softie
- P-Beam
- Kusowocks

Nevill

Arcane
Also, whenever you have the time, it would do good to include in the index a dictionary with the latest concepts known to us, if only for easier reading.
I am not certain when a concept becomes known. Sure, you know what mechoses and raffas are, but do you know what is a vanger?

You as a player know what a Creature Soup is, because you've read the intro (hopefully), but as a character you have not the slightest clue.

Finally, a thing to consider is this - is what the counselors tell you the truth, or is it just their warped perception of the truth?

Tell me what you want to see, and I'll try to make it possible, but for now the concepts are what one makes of them. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom