Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Irenicus from the dreams is really Bhaal. I think there is a dialogue where You mention the dreams to the real Irenicus and he does not even know what You're taling about. I may be wrong, though.

JoKa

Cipher
Great update as usual, I'm looking forward to seeing how you deal with the rest of the sphere.

marooned

Liturgist
Why are you playing in MP mode? Because the no pause in the inv screen? The retarded pause delay is quite annoying to play with.

Good show so far in the planar sphere. One of my favorite dungeons. Speaking of which, if you are ready for this you are for the Planar Prison too... That's my vote for the next dungeon stop if you're still taking suggestions.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure why I'm playing in MP mode (really regretting it). Probably because I played like this in the first game too.

And yes, I am still taking suggestions. +1 to Planar Prison noted. Thanks.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
You can simply copy your saves from mpsave folder to save folder and play SP with no problems.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Sure, I always play BG2 that way - create my whole team, copy the save and voila.

And keep up the good work, I vote for the unseeing eye with no shield of balduran next :smug:

Erebus

Arcane
Good job ! Of course, the gauntlets are useless to our hero (instead of being a pretty cool reward), but there'll be some nice rings further ahead.

I didn't realize being Mazed while soloing meant game over. That's fairly stupid. But then, the main character being killed or Imprisoned also means game over, even when he has a companion that should be able to resurrect or free him.

The Planar Sphere is fairly hard so early in the game (even if without soloing the game on Insane difficulty). The Cowled Wizards and the owner of the Sphere aren't going to be easy fights...

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Next update will be delayed, as the HDD containing last bunch of screenshots crapped out on me (and the backup drive was not fully up to date). Hopefully I can still recover the lost files. I really would NOT like to play through that part again.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Good news, I managed to recover all the images from #10 and I finished the Planar Sphere without breaking my skull against my desk out of frustration (although it was close - fucking Tanar'ri :x). I probably won't be able to post an update this weekend, but I'll do my best to post two updates next week.

JoKa

Cipher
That's good news (the part about being able to recover the images), will eagerly anticipate the updates :love:

Erebus

Arcane
By the way, what kind of weapons will the Codex be learning to use next ? Two-handed swords are a good starting choice, as Lilarcor's a very good weapon early in the game. But even if he kills Firkraag next, the Codex won't be able to use Carsomyr (until he gets Use Any Item, if he ever does). Soul Reaver and the Vorpal Sword won't be available anytime soon and, while they're decent, they're not awesome.

ironyuri

well we have that sweet ass bow and then we can easily get the flail of ages.

why don't we stick with a short sword +1?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Vorpal Sword is awesome, one of the best weapons in the game. And Lilacor is enough until the point when Vorpal blade can be obtained. The only problem is the lich we all know about:smug:

Also, some kind of at least +2 blunt weapon is necessary, flail of ages or the flail that can be bought at Copper Coronet's additional merchant are the best.

ironyuri

well, the flail of ages ends up being +5, and has alot of bonii, so we might as well go for that next so that codex has a good backup weapon when it's required. also one that can hit golems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom