Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yay necro!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update #6: A walk around the town
codex_05.jpg
It was another one of these rainy days. I was sipping a drink at the Copper Coronet, contemplating all my life failures. And gods know this was bound to take a lot of time.

bg2_up06_010.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I was drinking on a credit. Well deserved one too. Just finished a job for Hendak, the owner of this joint. Human trafficking. Men, women, even children. Terrible stuff.

lilarcor1.jpg
We fixed it good, huh boss?

codex_05.jpg
Lila was right. By the time we finished, gutters were colored red in a mile wide radius.

bg2_up06_000.jpg

codex_05.jpg
It was an enriching experience, but I knew I still had much to learn.

bg2_up06_001.jpg

codex_05.jpg
A working fella like me needs many talents to survive. And all of them have to be kept sharp.

bg2_up06_002.jpg

codex_05.jpg
There are a lot of ways to die in this world, after all.

bg2_up06_003.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Sometimes you just can't avoid confrontation. Especially when you're not very good at trying to avoid it in the first place.

bg2_up06_004.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Good thing I had been born naturally gifted. Would be many times dead if not for that. Fourteen, if my memory served me right.

bg2_up06_005.jpg

codex_05.jpg
My body count was already pretty high, but I knew it will inevitably go even higher. Much higher.

bg2_up06_006.jpg

codex_05.jpg
One look at my stuffed backpack made me want to drown in a bottle. I had a natural tendency to collect junk. Springtime cleaning was always a pain in the arse.

bg2_up06_007.jpg

codex_05.jpg
This at least should be useful on rainy days like today.

bg2_up06_008.jpg

codex_05.jpg
In my opinion leather was best seen in small amounts on otherwise naked women, but most of this city's underground thought differently.

bg2_up06_009.jpg

codex_05.jpg
There were too many sharp bastards in this town already. I knew I had to get rid of this one. The sooner, the better.

bg2_up06_011.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Bernard's twisted sense of humor kicked in when I've shown him the sword. He offered me one gold piece for it. I politely declined. He was a bit more reasonable when it came to buying some other stuff.

bg2_up06_012.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I remembered I had never really checked the upper level of this place. This was as good a time as any.

bg2_up06_013.jpg

codex_05.jpg
As predicted, it was mostly inhabited by small time crooks and other lowlife. Lila was with me, so they mostly did not mind me searching their rooms.

bg2_up06_014.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Typical for such a hotel: some booze, a bible, acid-soaked paper... And what are these gloves?

bg2_up06_015.jpg

codex_05.jpg
The hotel patron predictably swore he never saw these before, so I've decided to confiscate them.

bg2_up06_017.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I believe you, kid. We all have ghosts haunting us.

bg2_up06_019.jpg

codex_05.jpg
The emerald was suspiciously similar to the one reported missing by a local noblewoman yesterday. Nobody objected to me safekeeping it.

bg2_up06_020.jpg

codex_05.jpg
There was nothing else to do in this wretched hive of scum and villainy.

bg2_up06_021.jpg

codex_05.jpg
It stopped raining outside, so it wasn't a bad idea to go for a walk.

bg2_up06_022.jpg

codex_05.jpg
No matter how many times I told locals to invest in better locks, they never listened.

bg2_up06_023.jpg

codex_05.jpg
This was a dangerous thing to just leave lying around on a table.

bg2_up06_024.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I doubted the owner had a proper license for the wepon, so I confiscated it, just in case.

bg2_up06_025.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I knew this symbol. The Riddler was here. He should have known I won't be intimidated that easily.

bg2_up06_026.jpg

codex_05.jpg
It's hard to remain religious when you'd seen what I had. Still, old habits die hard.

bg2_up06_027.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Don't mind me, padre. No need to waste your time for a sermon I won't listen to.

bg2_up06_028.jpg

codex_05.jpg
There. I hope you'll put this gold piece to a better use than I would have.

bg2_up06_029.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Ah, I was wondering when this'll happen. This was too dangerous a town to walk alone.

lilarcor1.jpg
You're not alone, boss.

codex_05.jpg
I know, Lila. I can always count on you.

bg2_up06_030.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Did I expect any of the bystanders to help me? No. Why would they?

bg2_up06_031.jpg

lilarcor1.jpg
Get away from the boss!

codex_05.jpg
You tell them Lila.

bg2_up06_032.jpg

lilarcor1.jpg
You saw what I just did, scumbags? In a moment, you'll end up just like him!

bg2_up06_033.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Good job, Lila. You scared them away.

lilarcor1.jpg
Always a pleasure, boss!

bg2_up06_037.jpg

codex_05.jpg
There's no shortage of nutjobs on the streets. Rough times.

bg2_up06_038.jpg

codex_05.jpg
You think you have it bad, sister? Try fishing out your own teeth from the gutter after a misunderstanding over a bottle of booze with an ogre.

bg2_up06_041.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Alright. I can take a hint. I'll take a look at this sphere of yours.

bg2_up06_042.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Well, it looks like someone took my lock advice to heart.

bg2_up06_043.jpg

codex_05.jpg
This is a very dangerous town indeed.

bg2_up06_044.jpg

codex_05.jpg
It is very easy to die while trying to make an honest living by mugging people.

bg2_up06_045.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Another unlocked house. I should give the owner a piece of my mind about that.

bg2_up06_046.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Unlocked AND empty. These people have only themselves to blame for their misery.

bg2_up06_047.jpg

codex_05.jpg
You can always find some interesting things when searching through other people's drawers.

bg2_up06_048.jpg

codex_05.jpg
It was no longer than one day since I had taken care of the human trafficking ring and there's already a new guard in front of their door. This city makes me sick sometimes.

bg2_up06_049.jpg

codex_05.jpg
He was worried about my health. Kind of touching, but unnecessary.

bg2_up06_050.jpg

codex_05.jpg
It was his health he should be concerned about.

bg2_up06_051.jpg

lilarcor1.jpg
Be a lad and try not to bleed on the boss, willya?

codex_05.jpg
Meeting Lila usually was more hazardous than even forty smokes a day. And much more immediate.

bg2_up06_052.jpg

codex_05.jpg
The rest of the place was empty. Not for long, no doubt. I should probably go back there the next day. Maybe I would.

bg2_up06_053.jpg

codex_05.jpg
My keen eyes led me to a necklace stashed in a crack in the wall. I was willing to bet it had quite story.

bg2_up06_054.jpg

codex_05.jpg
The local fence and weapons dealer was always glad to see me.

bg2_up06_055.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I knew old Bernard was trying to scam me, but wasn't really aware of the scale. 1200 was a nice sum.

bg2_up06_056.jpg

codex_05.jpg
There was a spark of recognition in the dealer's eyes when his sight rested on the hammer. I was pretty sure he was the one who sold it in the first place. Now he was getting it back for a fraction of the price. No doubt, the weapon would end up in some other unsuspecting citizen's house by next sunset.

bg2_up06_057.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Usually the business oriented ladies only appear on the street after sunset. That's why the gray-clad lass immediately got my attention.

bg2_up06_058.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Grave district, huh? Should I bring my own shovel as well? No promises.

bg2_up06_059.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Asking the boy if I was being followed was like asking him if Bernard pisses into the wine at the Copper Coronet. I would not like the honest answer, even if I was already pretty sure what it was.

bg2_up06_060.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Gaelan Bale, the prince of local underworld, wanted to see me again. It was surely better to hear this from his little nephew than from the gang of thugs which usually delivered this kind of messages. It seemed I was suddenly in the center of interest of some powerful people. I wasn't sure if that was bad or rather very bad.

bg2_up06_061.jpg

codex_05.jpg
The Jansens were an old mob family that went legit a couple of years ago. Supposedly. I had reasons to think otherwise.

bg2_up06_062.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Their house was mostly empty during the day, which enforced my doubts.

bg2_up06_063.jpg

codex_05.jpg
The violet bottle was something you don't see every day.

bg2_up06_064.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I wouldn't want to be the poor bastard who decided to drink this 'antidote' to save himself.

bg2_up06_065.jpg

codex_05.jpg
There were a lot of bottles scattered around the hose. Very interesting.

bg2_up06_066.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Could the fact that Jansens were smuggling booze in their days have something to do with it? I've decided to leave this question unanswered. For now.

bg2_up06_067.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I was in need of some coastal air. A walk over the bridge should do the trick.

bg2_up06_068.jpg

codex_05.jpg
The best you could ever hope for from local law enforcement was they wouldn't bother you. I was never one of the lucky people in this regard.

bg2_up06_069.jpg

codex_05.jpg
For a moment there I thought he was talking about me. I was on a rather bloody string lately... But no. He apparently meant some OTHER killings.

bg2_up06_070.jpg

codex_05.jpg
This was interesting. Dead people on the streets were nothing new in the city, but killing for the sake of killing was rather unusual.

bg2_up06_071.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I could honestly promise that I won't go looking for trouble. Never had to. They were perfectly able to find me without me needing to bother.

bg2_up06_072.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I knew that the cops weren't going to solve this case by themselves. Lieutenant Aegis knew this too. He was visibly relieved when I offered to help. He even bought the story about me needing money to help a friend without a flinch.

bg2_up06_073.jpg

codex_05.jpg
With my mind set firmly on the new case, I was distracted enough to get jumped by some muggers a moment later. The increased presence of the cops in the district did not seem to discourage local entrepreneurs.

bg2_up06_074.jpg

lilarcor1.jpg
Fuck off, twat!

codex_05.jpg
Good thing Lila always knew what to say in awkward situations like this.

bg2_up06_075.jpg

lilarcor1.jpg
Oi, what'ya doin', boys?

codex_05.jpg
Although not everyone got his message immediately.

bg2_up06_076.jpg

codex_05.jpg
It had to repeated a few times.

bg2_up06_077.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Old Rampah was so eager in claiming he wasn't the killer, that I even started to suspect him for a moment.

bg2_up06_078.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I wasn't going to give him a hundred gold. Even ignoring the fact that I usually prefer keeping my money to giving it away, handing a sum like that to a beggar was like signing a death sentence for him.

bg2_up06_079.jpg

codex_05.jpg
The mostly lost art of bargaining for price was always in full force on the streets.

bg2_up06_080.jpg

codex_05.jpg
We finally settled on five gold, which was the perfect amount to keep both of us happy. He could buy some booze and I was spared having to send Lila to negotiate, which was bound to give me nightmares later.

bg2_up06_081.jpg

codex_05.jpg
This was certainly an interesting find, but my hide expertise wasn't up to the task. I knew I had to get some help with this.

bg2_up06_082.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Bel Dalemark was the guy to talk to in such cases. If it was ever sold or bought, Bel knew it.

bg2_up06_083.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Elephants were not a common sight in the city, to the point I expected to live through my whole life without encountering one.

bg2_up06_084.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Such an unusual find should become an important clue to solving this mystery.

bg2_up06_085.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I was pretty sure that the circus had nothing to do with the killings, but no trail was to be discarded in advance.

bg2_up06_086.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Just my luck. Can't make three steps in one direction without bumping into a gang war. At least they seemed so preoccupied with tearing each other's throats that I was not of interest to them.

bg2_up06_087.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I almost laughed to her face. Oh, how I wish I could forget some of the things I've seen. But it wasn't to be. Not in this life anyway.

bg2_up06_088.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I was well used to paying women for their time. Rose really valued herself at twenty gold, but my good manners did not allow me to haggle on such occasions.

bg2_up06_089.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Claiming you saw nothing was the most sensible thing to do if someone asked you about... well, anything actually. I wasn't going to accept such an answer.

bg2_up06_090.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Now we were getting somewhere.

bg2_up06_091.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Even without her advice I knew I had to talk to Bel. Hell, this guy would have probably solved the case by himself if only he was willing to move his lazy fat arse around.

bg2_up06_092.jpg

codex_05.jpg
He was simply amazing.

bg2_up06_093.jpg

codex_05.jpg
If guards ever got to know about Bel, they might even start catching criminals in this city. Maybe.

bg2_up06_094.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Was there anything else?, he asked me in the end. No, Bel. I suppose this will suffice. After all, I should do something in this investigation too.

bg2_up06_095.jpg

bg2_up06_096.jpg

bg2_up06_097.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I had two types of berries and a piece of an oak bark. It was time to return to Rose, and give her the opportunity to clear my remaining doubts about the identity of the killer.

bg2_up06_098.jpg

codex_05.jpg
She wasn't going to make me pay for her time again. Either she liked me or she knew that Lila's sense of humor was already pretty strained today.

bg2_up06_099.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I wondered if the guards would be laughing if their ineptitude caused them to find another dead body tomorrow... But quickly realized that of course they would.

bg2_up06_100.jpg

codex_05.jpg
This girl had one hell of a nose, I had to admit that.

bg2_up06_101.jpg

codex_05.jpg
With all my suspicions confirmed, I went straight to Rejiek Hidesman's place. I briefly considered talking to lieutenant Aegis, and finally getting some well deserved rest, but that would just probably cause me to later find his body stashed somewhere in the killer's house. No, this was better dealt in person.

bg2_up06_102.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Confronted with the evidence, Rejiek did not even try to talk his way out of this.

bg2_up06_103.jpg

codex_05.jpg
It was clear I was not going to get any answers, unless I made Lila rip them out of Rejiek's throat.

bg2_up06_104.jpg

codex_05.jpg
My tiredness made me pay the toll. Rejiek disappeared downstairs so quickly I had no chance of catching him.

bg2_up06_105.jpg

codex_05.jpg
My sixth sense, and the sight of all the dead bodies, warned me that running straight after him to the next flight of stairs might not be the best of ideas.

bg2_up06_106.jpg

codex_05.jpg
As always, my gut was right.

bg2_up06_107.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Very right.

bg2_up06_108.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Very, very right.

bg2_up06_109.jpg

codex_05.jpg
It seemed I was going to get paid for this job even if guards decided to withhold the promised reward.

bg2_up06_110.jpg

codex_05.jpg
This was bound to be a bad idea, but once I started digging, no stone was to be left unturned.

bg2_up06_111.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Even if some things found at the bottom were really ugly.

bg2_up06_112.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I've seen some bad stuff in my life, but this was pretty sick, even for my standards.

bg2_up06_113.jpg

codex_05.jpg
This place was a real gold mine when it comes to evidence.

bg2_up06_114.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I was beginning to suspect that I will not avoid a trip to Umar Hills sometime in the near future.

bg2_up06_115.jpg

bg2_up06_116.jpg

codex_05.jpg
This case suddenly seemed to be much bigger than it looked not a half an hour ago. Not a good sign. Rejiek was prepared to being discovered like this. What should I expect to find if I descended even further after him.

codex_05.jpg
Oh, well. Only one way to find out.

bg2_up06_117.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Right.

codex_05.jpg
This situation had a lot of potential to end up really badly. Taking the right course of action was crucial. There was no place for mistakes.

s_bg2_up06_119.jpg

codex_05.jpg
For example, if I tried taking them all head-on...

s_bg2_up06_120.jpg

codex_05.jpg
...I might even achieve some minor success...

s_bg2_up06_121.jpg

codex_05.jpg
...for a moment.

Death count: 15

s_bg2_up06_122.jpg

codex_05.jpg
But maybe if I tried to invoke the hidden depths of my birthright power...

s_bg2_up06_123.jpg

codex_05.jpg
...would that change anything?

s_bg2_up06_124.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Probably not.

Death count: 16

s_bg2_up06_126.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I could also disappear right in front of their eyes and give one of the rune assassins a taste of his own backstabbing medicine.

s_bg2_up06_127.jpg

codex_05.jpg
But these guys were too fast for something like that.

s_bg2_up06_129.jpg

codex_05.jpg
So the outcome would be rather predictable.

Death count: 17

bg2_up06_130.jpg

codex_05.jpg
In the end, I decided to sneak by everyone and assume a better defensive position.

bg2_up06_131.jpg

codex_05.jpg
One ghast followed. Or tried to, at least.

bg2_up06_132.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I lured the other one too.

bg2_up06_133.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Ok, this was the easy part. What now?

bg2_up06_134.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I had to stay invisilble, that was certain.

s_bg2_up06_135.jpg

codex_05.jpg
But fighting the rune assassins in the current setup was probably too much.

s_bg2_up06_136.jpg

codex_05.jpg
This was bound to fail.

Death count: 18

s_bg2_up06_137.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I had not gotten any sleep the previous night, but I still had some magic from the day before.

s_bg2_up06_138.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Maybe if I tried using that...?

s_bg2_up06_139.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Nah, bad idea.

Death count: 19

bg2_up06_140.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I remembered I had a spare armor in the wolfskin bag. Really useful thing, that bag.

bg2_up06_141.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Not so easy to stab me now, huh?

bg2_up06_142.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Lila, meet Rune Assassin. Rune Assassin, meet death.

lilarcor1.jpg
A pleasure.

s_bg2_up06_143.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Now, since most of them were dead already, and I was wearing a better armor, would a more direct approach be viable?

s_bg2_up06_144.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I would have the advantage of first strike and could weaken the rune assassin with some carefully placed arrows to the forehead.

s_bg2_up06_145.jpg

codex_05.jpg
But with their numerical advantage, it would still be too easy for them to corner me.

s_bg2_up06_146.jpg

codex_05.jpg
And that meant death.

Death count: 20

s_bg2_up06_148.jpg

codex_05.jpg
On the other hand, if I sneaked behind the back of the remaining assasin...

s_bg2_up06_149.jpg

codex_05.jpg
...he would probably go invisible anyway.

s_bg2_up06_150.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Which would not end well.

Death count: 21

s_bg2_up06_151.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Unleashing a barrage of arrows at him should prevent him from going invisible...

s_bg2_up06_152.jpg

codex_05.jpg
...unless I miss completely.

s_bg2_up06_153.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Too risky.

Death count: 22

bg2_up06_154.jpg

codex_05.jpg
So, I healed myself instead.

bg2_up06_155.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Sneaked up on him.

bg2_up06_156.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Tried to intimidate him. It didn't work.

bg2_up06_157.jpg

codex_05.jpg
But making him a close acquaintance of Lila did.

lilarcor1.jpg
When you arrive in hell, tell them I sent you. You'll get a group discount.

bg2_up06_158.jpg

codex_05.jpg
These rune assassins must had been getting some serious funding. This equipment was not too shabby. Of course they wouldn't be needing it anymore.

bg2_up06_160.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Even one of the dead ghasts was lying on a precious looking piece of paper.

bg2_up06_161.jpg

codex_05.jpg
It was always nice to find something interesting to read during a break at work.

bg2_up06_162.jpg

codex_05.jpg
And freelancing has the advantage of being able to decide for yourself when the breaks happen.

s_bg2_up06_163.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Although there was the small matter of the bone golem still being rampant and hating my guts. Maybe I could try...

s_bg2_up06_164.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Well, quick thinking was clearly a priority here.

Death count: 23.

bg2_up06_165.jpg

codex_05.jpg
The golem shrugged off normal arrows, but magical ones seemed to get its attention.

bg2_up06_166.jpg

codex_05.jpg
By the time we entered melee, it was already in pretty bad shape.

bg2_up06_167.jpg

codex_05.jpg
This allowed me and Lila to gain advantage, and use it.

bg2_up06_168.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Well said, Lila. Well said.

bg2_up06_169.jpg

codex_05.jpg
There were still things to be found here.

bg2_up06_170.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Some more vile than others.

bg2_up06_171.jpg

codex_05.jpg
There are times in life when you feel like You've met a friend long unseen. This was one of them.

bg2_up06_172.jpg

codex_05.jpg
And as they say, two friends are better than one. What, nobody says that? Well, they should.

bg2_up06_173.jpg

codex_05.jpg
No end to the surprises, and it wasn't even my birthday.

bg2_up06_174.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Rejiek's old elephant hide armor was only interesting because it was probably the only one of its kind in a five hundred mile radius, if not more.

bg2_up06_175.jpg

codex_05.jpg
But this shaft looked promising like a courtesan's look.

bg2_up06_176.jpg

codex_05.jpg
It looked like Rejiek himself got away. For the moment. I had a feeling we would meet again soon.

bg2_up06_177.jpg

codex_05.jpg
That is why I like you so much, Lila. Never change.

bg2_up06_178.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Lieutenant Aegis had some detailed inquiries into my investigation. No doubt he wanted to take the crdit for himself in front of his superiors. I didn't mind.

bg2_up06_179.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I was fully expecting to be let go with a 'thank you', but he decided to pay me after all. There's always a first, I guess.

bg2_up06_180.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Five hundred gold was nice, but the good word on the streets was my real payment here. Harder to grasp, but much more precious.

bg2_up06_181.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Even though I failed to actually catch Rejiek, I knew the experiences of the day were going to pay off in the future.

bg2_up06_182.jpg

bg2_up06_183.jpg

codex_05.jpg
I had a feeling I could work my magic even better from now on. It was a good feeling.

bg2_up06_184.jpg

codex_05.jpg
The sun had already set over the bridge district, but all my tiredness had gone away. I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep without help, and did not want to drink myself to bed again.

bg2_up06_185.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Have any good sleeping potions, Mrs. Cragmoon?

bg2_up06_186.jpg

codex_05.jpg
Nothing like shopping at midnight...

----------
Next time: We'll undertake some criminal activites in a casual get-rich-quick scheme.
Remember than You can vote for future quests The Codex should undertake. The list of available ones can be found in the first post of the thread.

Last edited:

Lottie

Educated
I dont think Indy talks like a 1920s detective. :lol:
The first update was funnier.
Now do the Hidden-Rune-Mage-Hideout, considering how often you died to some thieves and ghasts, it will be a pleasure watching.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would do the Twisted Rune already, but I don't have a roguestone yet. It is one of the priorities, though.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Maybe spoiler tags to updates?
Ok... why?

Who you will work for? Bodhi or Amn Thieves?
I haven't decided yet. Joining thieves gives that nice amulet, but joining Bodhi will let me do a lot of Twilight jokes. Hard choice.

Taking out Twisted Rune solo a this level?
No, not yet. As I said, I don't have a roguestone and I don't remember where to find one (and no, I won't be checking any faqs or guides), so The Codex will probably level up a little more before we go for the staff of the magi.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
If I recall correctly Shadow Thieves quest line will net you more xp and some help later. Without cleric with Protection from Negative Energy, that amulet is no brainer.
But Twilight jokes... tempting

There is at least one location in Atkhatla with RS, but I won't spoil the fun.

btw Awesome LP :salute:

Fake edit
A mage can also use Protection from Magic Weapons to prevent negative energy damage. The attack of an undead is considered a magical weapon, so if they can't hit you then they therefore can't drain you.

ironyuri

I'm all for shadow thieves. Fuck vampires mang. Twilight vamps are as bad as druids. Fuck them. With your sword. Not your dick.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Maybe spoiler tags to updates?
Ok... why?

Downloading those images makes this thread very slow to open. But if the images are inside spoiler tags we don't have to download them every time we wish reply or read someone else's reply. I read the updates on this page once, and yet I have had to download those images three times. But nevertheless, good LP!

As for the rogue stone, there are atleast two in the city.
Both of them in Mae'vars(?) guildhall in the dock disctrict

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Downloading those images makes this thread very slow to open. But if the images are inside spoiler tags we don't have to download them every time we wish reply or read someone else's reply. I read the updates on this page once, and yet I have had to download those images three times.
Ah, I never thought of that. Good idea. I'll do it sometime today.
This should also remove the need for bumping the thread every second update.

ironyuri

Downloading those images makes this thread very slow to open. But if the images are inside spoiler tags we don't have to download them every time we wish reply or read someone else's reply. I read the updates on this page once, and yet I have had to download those images three times.
Ah, I never thought of that. Good idea. I'll do it sometime today.
This should also remove the need for bumping the thread every second update.

bumping for nostalgia

Erebus

Arcane
Getting Celestial Fury right now would be nice, but I suspect it would require way too many reloads. Let's just go to de'Arnise Keep like normal people. The loot is pretty nice.

Lottie

Educated
Downloading those images makes this thread very slow to open. But if the images are inside spoiler tags we don't have to download them every time we wish reply or read someone else's reply.

Actually, sadly, the spoiler tag does not prevent the browser from loading the pictures. So, if you delete your cache and reload, the browser will re-dl them all.
With the tags the scrolling becomes less annoying though.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I'm working on an update. For some reason I'm getting more and more screenshots for each one (over 200 for #7), so give me some time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom