Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
So, I just fixed the entire LP AGAIN after yet ANOTHER hosting service crapped out on me and 82 of the updates were unreadable because of invalid image links.

This was probably pointless, since nobody reads years-old LPs anyway.

You're welcome.

EDIT: I tried to be thorough, but if anyone sees broken image links, let me know.
You’d think that, but the crap out happened in the middle of my re-read of it. Thanks buddy!:love::love:

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
So, I just fixed the entire LP AGAIN after yet ANOTHER hosting service crapped out on me and 82 of the updates were unreadable because of invalid image links.

You're welcome.

EDIT: I tried to be thorough, but if anyone sees broken image links, let me know.

I'm actually re-reading this ATM (well, still on BG1), so this is very much appreciated.

BTW, the Borda update of BG1 is broken, the rest was fine so far.

Sharpedge

Prophet
This comment is coming a few years too late but this was enjoyable to read. Great stuff!

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
If you get bored you can always drag the Codex out of retirement and force him to navigate the Temple of Elemental Evil.

I discovered this playthrough yesterday. I read only the ToB part, but you gave me more than a good laugh. Thank you.

I would love to see it be made as an offline archive that can be read without any issue, instead of having you to check it month by month to see if it went offline or not and the "users" having to actually scout page by page looking for the LP.

By the way, the fact that you went solo but actually reloaded probably solved an issue that I was having in these last years: if I go solo, I have to no reload. Who cares from now on, I will just count how many times I died.

Last edited:

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
What a ride! Best LP ever! But I miss the Codex. Really hope for Kingmaker. Thanks MicroSelva for all the joy through these years!

Fred

Learned

You're welcome.

I just did. I was reading this thread in real time and wanted a new dose, but it didn't work. I was so glad when I came back to it and it did ! Cheers !

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
For the two people, who still want to (re-)read this LP - broken image links have been fixed. I also had an autism attack and reviewed most of the external image and video links and fixed those too. You're welcome.
EDIT: if any of you notice anything else to fix, let me know.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Post-release patching that would make Sawyer proud :salute:

Seriously, too many great Let's Plays have been kill by hosting services, and it's a crying shame. Kudos for taking the time.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
For the two people, who still want to (re-)read this LP - broken image links have been fixed. I also had an autism attack and reviewed most of the external image and video links and fixed those too. You're welcome.
EDIT: if any of you notice anything else to fix, let me know.
Me love you long time for this

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
LP was broken again, because I lost my web hosting domain. New hosting is (hopefully) a more permanent solution, so maybe I won't have to fix broken image links every six months.

EDIT: I don't want to post in my every thread, so I will just list them here.

BG1 LP has also been fixed...

...and BG2 follow-up Serpent in The Staglands April Fools joke...

...and even Wasteland 2 beta.

My LP of The Black Pits "arena with story" mode from Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition did not need fixing, because it is still based on photobucket (lol) and for some reason that service is still alive (double lol).

Last edited:
I joined RPG codex to tell you I really enjoy this thread and it got me playing BG2 again.

Surprised you didn't have more trouble with the gauths during the unseeing eye quest. Something is very obviously broken with them spamming cause wounds at the rate they do, they're harder than the beholders! I have had to cheese them every time. I am pretty sure enhanced edition screwed something up with Gauths, I know they had trouble getting them working right, and I don't think they ever really did.

Reading a little on the google machine, gauths are only supposed to be able to target 2 eyestalks on any given character per round, and can use all 6 eyestalks as a free action each round. I suspect in BG2EE, gauths are allowed to use all 6 eyestalk attacks on a single character per round, which is 6*2d8+8, or 10-24 *6, or 60-144 damage per round, rather than a still high but managable 20-48 damage per round.

That's absolutely insane, and keep in mind the gauths come in packs. So, don't feel too bad about using the cheese of your choice against these obviously bugged monsters.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Yeah. They are completely broken. I think Bioware even added that merchant selling Shield of Balduran to allow players to somehow deal with them - which turns the problem around to gauths being a complete cakewalk and basically killing themselves. I think Cloak of Mirroring also works on them.

I don't exactly remember how I dealt with them during this playthrough (I would need to re-read the thread, it's been years...), but feeling bad about cheesing encounters? Never. :D

Thanks for your post. Baldur's Gate games have been a huge part of my gaming life and recently I have been reliving my love for them since my son started playing BG1 after we watched Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I registered to say thank you for doing the Baldur's Gate LPs, especially since keeping the images alive for so long must have been a pain in the ass. It was a great time reading through the Codex's antics.

The only issues I encountered were updates 83 and 92 of BG2 not loading images.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I registered to say thank you for doing the Baldur's Gate LPs, especially since keeping the images alive for so long must have been a pain in the ass. It was a great time reading through the Codex's antics.

The only issues I encountered were updates 83 and 92 of BG2 not loading images.
Welcome to the Codex!

Glad you liked the LP and thanks for the info. Not sure how I missed those two, but they should be fixed now.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Yeah for real don’t feel like your time spent restoring broken links is wasted, people do read older lps and this entire lp in particular is something of a codexian treasure, it needs to be maintained for the sake of future generations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom