Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Simulacrum, full buffans, breaching majifics and Dark Planetars.
Yeah, thanks, I did not think of these. :roll:

Last edited:

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Any hints on fughting demogorgon? I got him to Near Death a couple of times, but he kicks my arse so hard I am considering just sealing him to be done with it.
It's pretty hard without using the ULTIMATE CHEESE.
Wish scroll + wisdom potion in your quickslots. Simulacrum (or just do it yourself if you'd prefer), chug the wisdom potion. Wish -> Hope you get the one that does time stop + improved alacrity. If not, the one that fully rests/heals your party and try again. Demogorgon is not immune to the Wish time stop. Hit him with a couple lower resistances and greater malisons, empty your whole spellbook onto him, use all your HLAs (they are also affected by improved alacrity) and beat on him for the remaining time. Should kill him, and if not you can finish him pretty easily once the time stop ends.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
389rmnG.png

Andnjord

Arcane
Delurking here to signify my admiration of Codex noble self-sacrifice. May his Demogorgon-induced deaths be glorious!

Also, once you have killed Demogorgon, will there be ANY challenge left at all (pre TOB at least)?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Delurking here to signify my admiration of Codex noble self-sacrifice. May his Demogorgon-induced deaths be glorious!
Hey, welcome to the Codex.
I probably forgot to screenshot most of the deaths, but there should still be some.

Also, once you have killed Demogorgon, will there be ANY challenge left at all (pre TOB at least)?
I hope not.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
So much pressure. I hope you guys will not be disappointed (although you probably will).

You need to coat yourself in patience for now. I have enough screenshots for 3-4 updates, but I will be lucky to be able to post one update next week. Two would be awesome (but unlikely).

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
How exactly were mimics created in the first place? Are they a spontaneous evolution, or a product of extreme trolling by some mage bored out of his arse?
http://lomion.de/cmm/mimic.php

AD&D Monstrous Manual said:
Ecology: Mimics were originally created by wizards to protect themselves from treasure hunters. A good meal (one or two humans) can sustain them for weeks. They reproduce by fission and grow to full size in several years. Mimics pose as stonework, doors, statues, stairs, chests, or other common items made from stone, wood, and metal. Their skin is covered with optical sensors that are sensitive to heat and light in a 90-foot radius, even in pitch darkness. Any powerful light source can easily blind them, including direct sunlight. Along with glue, they can excrete a liquid that smells like rotting meat; this attracts smaller, more common prey (usually rats). Mimic ichor is useful in the creation of polymorph self potions, and their glue and solvent sacs can be sold to alchemists. Other internal organs are useful in the manufacture of perfumes. The mimic’s internal organs are considered tasty delicacies in some cultures.

grosstraktor

Novice
meanwhile, four years ongoing.

I am determined to finish this LP, including ToB, before Pillars of Eternity is released, and hopefully sooner (you may quote me on this if I do not deliver), so expect a schedule that will allow this.

heyy!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I am right on schedule, still.

Baldur's Gate LP - finished before PoE release.
Tales of the Sword Coast LP (what we played of it, I mean) - finished before PoE expansion release.
Baldurs Gate 2 LP - will be finished before PoE 2 release.
Throne of Bhaal LP - will be finished before PoE 2 expansion release.

This is the only correct interpretation of what you have quoted, obviously.

EDIT:
I will probably not be able to make a Torment LP before TToN releases, though, unless I speedrun it, which could be funny to try.

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I am right on schedule, still.

Baldur's Gate LP - finished before PoE release.
Tales of the Sword Coast LP (what we played of it, I mean) - finished before PoE expansion release.
Baldurs Gate 2 LP - will be finished before PoE 2 release.
Throne of Bhaal LP - will be finished before PoE 2 expansion release.

This is the only correct interpretation of what you have quoted, obviously.

EDIT:
I will probably not be able to make a Torment LP before TToN releases, though, unless I speedrun it, which could be funny to try.
How will Torment LP work exactly? TNO starring as The Codex? Or maybe Morte...?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Nah, nothing like that. My idea was to play Torment from the 'perspective' of a modern popamole gamer, with complaining about lack of quest arrows, bad graphics, skipping dialogues, trying to attack everyone, MMO systems mentality ('why can't I see my cooldowns'), etc. I do not know how much comedic value would it have and if it would not get old fast, but it could be worth a try.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Last time on Let's Insane Solo Baldur's Gate 2:

bg2_up74_101.jpg

Fun with teleporting cows.

Update #75: Reaching The Bottom, part I: Here Be Dragons

bg2_up75_000.jpg

We start yet another level of Watcher's Keep by having to deal with inventory problems.

bg2_up75_001.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Seriously, even Diablo does not have so much loot hauling.

bg2_up75_002.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, upgrade that shit.

bg2_up75_003.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Fuck yeah, slightly less useless.

bg2_up75_004.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Not that I am wearing it, but whatever.

bg2_up75_005.jpg

codex_10.jpg
New and improved.

bg2_up75_006.jpg

codex_10.jpg
It is only with a heavy heart that I give up my belt to make this hammer.

Trust me, it is worth it.

bg2_up75_007.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I want to believe, but how good can it be?

bg2_up75_008.jpg

That good.

codex_10.jpg
Oh. Oooooooooh. Hell yeah.

codex_10.jpg
Farewell, troll hunter! Welcome... troll squasher. :yeah:

bg2_up75_009.jpg

codex_10.jpg
And this why?

Eh... I am not sure myself.

bg2_up75_010.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I guess immunity to charm and confusion is nice...

bg2_up75_011.jpg

I still regret not going with a half-elf. Stats of 20/20/20/20/13/10 would just look better.

bg2_up75_012.jpg

I really need to stop investing points in Set Traps.

bg2_up75_013.jpg

bg2_up75_014.jpg

bg2_up75_015.jpg

bg2_up75_016.jpg

Will Firkraag be outdone eventually? Also lol at Mirror Image as favourite spell.

bg2_up75_017.jpg

bg2_up75_018.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Right.

bg2_up75_020.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Let's go for the keys then.

bg2_up75_021.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I randomly choose this door.

bg2_up75_022.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Can I just kill you to get the key?

I think he is a ghost specifically, so you would not be able to do that.

codex_10.jpg
I have fought undead before.

bg2_up75_023.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Well, fuck.

bg2_up75_025.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Fine, fine.

bg2_up75_024.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Every door is so huge here. Are helmites compensating for something?

bg2_up75_026.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Lol, orcs.

bg2_up75_027.jpg

codex_10.jpg
What am I to do here? Laugh my ass off?

bg2_up75_028.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I guess I will start hacking and slashing...

(hours pass)

bg2_up75_029.jpg

codex_10.jpg
At this rate I might actually be forced to drink a healing potion.

(more hours pass)

bg2_up75_032.jpg

codex_10.jpg
What? Are we done?

bg2_up75_033.jpg

codex_10.jpg
That was fucking weird. I almost fell asleep.

bg2_up75_034.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I bet that coin is someone's wish. Well, it won't come true now, because I'm stealing it.

bg2_up75_035.jpg

codex_10.jpg
'Legendary spear'? We will see about that.

bg2_up75_036.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I guess I need to slaughter more orc hordes.

bg2_up75_037.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Or maybe not?

bg2_up75_038.jpg

codex_10.jpg
This does not look like it is housing orcs.

bg2_up75_039.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Let the slaughter begin indeed.

bg2_up75_040.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Easy sucker punch win?

Nope.

bg2_up75_041.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Ungh.

bg2_up75_043.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I probably should have cast stoneskin at least.

bg2_up75_044.jpg

codex_10.jpg
In fact, why not do this now.

bg2_up75_045.jpg

codex_10.jpg
This is a good opportunity to try this spell out, I think.

bg2_up75_046.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Ugh, my ribs.

bg2_up75_047.jpg

codex_10.jpg
At least I am immune to its poison breath.

bg2_up75_048.jpg

codex_10.jpg
And speaking of breath...

bg2_up75_049.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Burn, baby, burn!

bg2_up75_050.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oops, I think I made it angry...!

bg2_up75_051.jpg

I believe we were too lenient towards this dragon. It saw a weakness and exploited it.

Death Count: 327

Load game.

codex_10.jpg
Goddamn overgrown lizard.

bg2_up75_052.jpg

codex_10.jpg
That dragon is going bye-bye.

bg2_up75_054.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh, no, I got ensnared. Whatever shall I do now, etc.

bg2_up75_055.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Stoneskins are like women, gotta love them while you can, because they go away so fast.

bg2_up75_056.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Also, they can be replaced.

bg2_up75_057.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I need you to stay still for a moment...

bg2_up75_058.jpg

codex_10.jpg
FFS, STAY STILL!

bg2_up75_059.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Stoneskin is not as effective as it used to be without spell trap to protect it.

bg2_up75_060.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Let's give it another try, shall we?

bg2_up75_061.jpg

codex_10.jpg
There, that's what I'm talking about.

bg2_up75_062.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I know.

bg2_up75_063.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Morte, is that you?

Note: it turned out to be a 'warrior's skull'.

bg2_up75_064.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Let's get to challenge #1C.

bg2_up75_065.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Seven. Is that all?

bg2_up75_066.jpg

codex_10.jpg
So... four, five... eight... Okay.

bg2_up75_067.jpg

codex_10.jpg
:smug:

bg2_up75_068.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Bye then.

bg2_up75_069.jpg

codex_10.jpg
'Wisdom', lol.

bg2_up75_070.jpg

codex_10.jpg
And since the owner is gone, don't mind if I do help myself to his belongings. Or hers?

bg2_up75_071.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Well, the dragon was okay, but the rest of it was rather pathetic.

bg2_up75_072.jpg

codex_10.jpg
One down, two to go.

But before we do that, let us go back to the previous level for a moment, to catch up on something we have missed.

bg2_up75_073.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Don't tell me it's another demi-lich.

I would expect something in that vein.

bg2_up75_074.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Uh oh.

bg2_up75_075.jpg

Gotta love these in-character responses.

bg2_up75_076.jpg

codex_10.jpg
You should not have called me 'puny'.

bg2_up75_077.jpg

codex_10.jpg
AAAAAAHRRRARARAGAHGAHGRARARAGHHHHHHHH!

bg2_up75_078.jpg

Well, Saladrex gets some style points here.

Death Count: 328

codex_10.jpg
So it's a red dragon, huh?

bg2_up75_079.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I can deal with that.

bg2_up75_080.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Also, Codex doesn't afraid of anything.

bg2_up75_081.jpg

codex_10.jpg
DENIED.

bg2_up75_082.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Let me slice your belly up.

bg2_up75_083.jpg

codex_10.jpg
HOLY FUCK!

bg2_up75_084.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Ok, that was scary... I mean , I was not scared, obviously, but I understand why someone could be scared in such a situation, so it was scary. Technically.

bg2_up75_085.jpg

codex_10.jpg
This is like cracking passwords brute force style.

bg2_up75_086.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Death of a thousand cuts!

bg2_up75_087.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Let's see what you have here...

bg2_up75_088.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Should be good against all those pesky undead resistant to slashing weapons.

Since we are finished here, let us go back to the final seal level.

bg2_up75_089.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Another huge-ass door.

bg2_up75_090.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Apparently, these were not opened in a loooooong time.

bg2_up75_091.jpg

codex_10.jpg
'Mutated spider'? Seriously.

bg2_up75_092.jpg

codex_10.jpg
'Vortex spider'? What is this I don't even

bg2_up75_093.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Sword spiders just don't cut it any more. LoL. Get it?

bg2_up75_094.jpg

codex_10.jpg
We have found... Pillars of Eternity.

bg2_up75_095.jpg

codex_10.jpg
RTFM.

bg2_up75_096.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Ok, now I'm confused.

Just click on everything until you can't click any more.

codex_10.jpg
Gotcha.

bg2_up75_097.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I doubt we will encounter something more nasty than myself, but I can always be surprised.

Next time: The Codex is surprised.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
Aaaaah Crom Faeryr, my favorite weapon :love:

I never finished the Watcher's keep, so I'm eager to see the Codex get rekt skillfully handle its final challenges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom