Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane

Wayback Machine archived version of this LP - courtesy of shywn :
https://web.archive.org/web/2017030...aldurs-gate-2-on-insane-feat-the-codex.57090/

BONUS:
Save file pack containing (most of) this LPs save files done on level-ups
It is possible you will need to install the same mods as have been used in the LP in order for the saves to work correctly (look in this post below for the list).

#00: Where Is My Stuff? (this post; scroll down)
#01: The Great Goblin Massacre | Part II
#02: There Is No Easy Way Out
#03: Best circus trip EVER
#04: Mandatory Sewer Adventure
#05: Hostile Takeover
#06: A Walk Around The Town
#07: What Is Wrong With This City?
#08: Hiking
#09: Planar Sphere of Death, Part I - Bloody Halflings
#10: Planar Sphere of Death, Part II - A Little Bit Of Everything
#11: Planar Sphere of Death, Part III - The Abyss
#12: I Spent 9000 Gold Pieces And All I Got Was This Crappy Belt
#13: Troll Hunter, Part I - Storming The Castle
#14: Troll Hunter, Part II - Trolling Hard
#15: Bad Religion, Part I - Not Quite There Yet
#16: Bad Religion, Part II - Easier Than Expected
#17: Bad Religion, Part III - So, Yeah, Beholders
#18: Bad Religion, Part IV - Feeding The OCD
#19: Bad Religion, Part V - To Slay a God
#20: Stealing From The Thieves
#21: Fixing Mistakes
#22: Dem Bones
#23: Technically Not Cheating
#24: Probably Should Have Rested First
#25: Intermission
#26: I'm Going On An Adventure!!
#27: Hero of Trademeet
#28: Dragon Quest, part I - An Offer We Could Not Refuse
#29: Dragon Quest, part II - Deadly Dungeons
#30: Dragon Quest, part III - The Drag-On Fight
#31: In The Shadows, part I - Shady Deal
#32: In The Shadows, part II - Level-scaling Bullshit
#33: In The Shadows, part III - Let There Be Light
#34: Invading the Basement
#35: Almost Like Torment
#36: Snakes on a Plane
#37: Mighty Quest For Epic Loot
#38: The main character has been killed. You must restart the game.
#39: Theme Park
#40: The Tricky Part
#41: The Dead and The Buried
#42: Mummies, Loons and Pantaloons
#43: Just Another Bughunt
#44: Sole Survivor
#45: Clearing The Backlog
#46: Just For The Sake Of It
#47: Pirates And Whores
#48: This Is Madness
#49: Searching For Sanity In All The Wrong Places, part I - Riddle Me This
#50: Searching For Sanity In All The Wrong Places, part II - Raising Stakes To Win The Hand
#51: Searching For Sanity In All The Wrong Places, part III - Secret Cow Level
#52: Searching For Sanity In All The Wrong Places, part IV - The Reckoning
#53: Saemon Says
#54: Fishy Politics, Part I - Drowning in Words
#55: Fishy Politics, Part II - End Dialogue
#56: Hordes of the Underdark, part I - Nice Place You've Got Here
#57: Hordes of the Underdark, part II - Everything Trying To Kill You
#58: Hordes of the Underdark, part III - In Her Majesty's Secret Service
#59: Sin City, part I - Lord of The Arena
#60: Sin City, part II - Elgg Jal Colnbluthen
#61: Sin City, part III - Ust Natha Shenanigans
#62: Sin City, part IV - Your Typical Drow Day
#63: Sin City, part V - You Can Actually Kill Jarlaxle (+AWESOME BONUS)
#64: Sin City, part VI - Before We Move On...
#65: Neighbourly Visits, part I - The Good
#66: Neighbourly Visits, part II - The Bad
#67: Neighbourly Visits, part III - The Ugly
#68: Sin City, part VII - Moping Up
#69: Trail of Blood
#70: Filler Thriller
#71: Devilry, part I - Getting Lost
#72: Devilry, part II - Boobs
#73: Machinae Supremacy, part I - Mostly Harmless
#74: Machinae Supremacy, part II - That Which Kills You Makes You Stronger Too (After Reloading)
#75: Reaching The Bottom, part I - Here Be Dragons
#76: Reaching The Bottom, part II - Push The Button
#77: Reaching The Bottom, part III - Like Hot Knife Through Butter
#78: Reaching The Bottom, part IV - Almost There
#79: Reaching The Bottom, part V - Cheesecake
#80: Afterthought
#81: Liberation, part I - One Man Army
#82: Liberation, part II - Highway To Hell
#83: Tears For Hellgate
#84: Not As Quick As We Hoped For
#85: Blast From The Past
#86: Siege of Saradush
#87: CSI: Saradush
#88: Yet Another Episode In Saradush
#89: Through The Bowels
#90: Khaaaaaan!
#91: Roaming The Land
#92: A Giant Problem, part I - Measuring Up
#93: A Giant Problem, part II - I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire
#94: A Giant Problem, part III - I Just Want To Start A Flame In Your Heart
#95: Attack On Titan, part I - D-Day
#96: Attack On Titan, part II - Failing Better
#97: Attack On Titan, part III - Extinguishing The Flame
#98: Why Did We Ever Leave Athkatla
#99: Revelations
#100: The Orange Room
#101: Dark Side of Drow, Part I - Prancing In the Woods
#102: Dark Side of Drow, Part II - Basement Dwellers
#103: Dark Side of Drow, part III - Why Not Both?
#104: Dark Side of Drow, part IV - Now That's More Like It
#105: Dark Side of Drow, part V - 8/10, Would Fight Again
#106: A Farewell to Dragons, part I - Ego of Draconis
#107: A Farewell to Dragons, part II - Dragon Slave
#108: A Farewell to Dragons, part III - Dragon's Lair
#109: A Farewell to Dragons, part IV - Dragonslayer
#110: Wonderful Toys
#111: Me, Myself and Brosword
#112: Best Wishes

Special #01: A Glimpse of Eternity
Special #02: Mico Selva Dies in PoE - 01 | 02 | 03
Special #03: Enhanced Memories - Part I | Part II | Part III
Special #04: Final Procrastination
We are now taking bets on how many healing potions will The Codex have at the beginning of fight against Amelyssan. Only the two 'high-end' types of potions count. I promise not to sell any of the found ones, but also not buy any (unless we run out at some point... which will not happen).

Bet one number (total number of potions) only. Bets will be taken at least until the start of Throne of Bhaal (maybe longer). The winner will be the person, who posts the closest number and will receive a special reward (which will probably be completely worthless).

To make evaluation easier, after finishing third level of Watcher's Keep (Update #72), The Codex owned 60 healing potions.

Bets:

469 - Havoc
211 - Krivol
200 - ALchymist
180 - t
179 - Storyfag
170 - Abelian
160 - Darth Roxor
140 - Nevill
120 - Azeot

Results:

Let me spoil the anticipation by saying that the guys declaring more rather than less were more on point, since I was able to fill The Codex's two potion cases that hold 100 potions each, and still had a lot of leftover, which was put into a Bag of Holding.

potions_3.jpg

potions_2.jpg

potions_1.jpg

That is 318 potions in total: 168 potions of extra healing and 150 potions of superior healing. This means Krivol was the closest, even if still off by over 100. Havoc had a good idea with declaring more than everyone else, but he overshoot by too much.

Congratulations Krivol. You can choose your reward from the following (just one, obviously):

1. A copy of any Steam or GOG game up to $10 in value, or $20 if you choose an RPG or some other INCLINE game (the base price may be higher, if you are willing to wait until the game gets discounted to or below $10/$20; I have the final word whether the game is INCLINE or not).
1a. I guess the above option can include Humble Store and other Steam resellers too (at least the ones I already have an account at).
2. A Steam key for Torment: Tides of Numenera (including Early Access).
3. A digital copy of Wasteland 3 on Steam, GOG, or even on a console (obviously you will have to wait until it is released on the selected platform).
4. A Codex donation of up to $20 in your name, so you can get ad-free time or something.
5. Early Access to the final update of this LP by at least seven days (no idea why you would choose this, but hey, the option is here).

Greetings, noble codexers.

Because of the tremendous popularity :roll: of my Baldur's Gate insane solo LP, it's only natural to follow up with the sequel, Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn (and Throne of Bhaal).

bg2_up01_000.jpg

This game is widely considered superior to the first one - an opinion I do not fully share. True, many aspects have been improved, but a keen eye will also notice the first symptoms of Bioware Decline ™ here ("Shadows of Amn" grimdark title being the first hint). That's not necessarily bad from an LP point of view, as it might make it more entertaining, in a B-movie kind of way.

Readers of the first LP should feel right at home, as I will try to keep the formula mostly unchanged, as per results of the poll. That is, unless everybody has already forgotten everything, as much more time has passed between finishing BG1 and starting BG2, than I had planned. Oldmanpaco is partially to blame, as I was waiting for him to get ahead with his BG2 LP, not wanting to make a parallel one.

We will start on Insane difficulty and I will do my best to keep it all the way, but I am leaving myself an option to lower the difficulty, if it is the only solution to progress in the game (this could happen in Throne of Bhaal). If that happens, I will change the thread/LP title accordingly.

As before, we're not here for the plot. If You want a descriptive LP that will show You every line of dialogue from the game, look elsewhere. That said, plot should be easier to follow than in the BG1 thread, because I will include most quest-related dialogues and at some points (try to) make fun of the writing, showing it in the process.

Rules of this LP:

1. Solo. No NPCs, unless I absolutely need them for a quest.

2. Insane. We will be playing on Insane difficulty (meaning all enemies do double damage in combat), with the above mentioned option to lower it if absolutely necessary.

3. No run-throughs. Every area entered has to be fully explored. Eventually. We may leave and come back later if it's too difficult or boring.

4. No meta-identification. Magical items have to be identified, or we cannot use them.

5. Restricted reloading. Reloading is only allowed after The Codex dies OR some major fuck-up occures - like a failed stealing attempt turning everyone hostile. The latter is a one-time option only. If we fuck up and reload, we are not allowed to reload in the same situation again - no save-scumming.

6. Um, we cannot attack non-hostile creatures (except when we really have to). And yes, this rule was here from the start, I hope nobody has any doubts about that.

Installed mods:

As I want to play original Bioware BG2, not some fanboy fantasy of it, I only installed a few mods, as follow:

- Ascension
- G3 BG2 fixpack (most if not all fixes)
- G3 BG2 tweak pack (chosen tweaks)
- Unfinished Business

After this longer than expected introduction, nothing left but to start the game!

bg2_up01_001.jpg

I will be playing in multiplayer mode, in case I need an emergency companion at some point (like in Shoal The Nereid situation from the first game).
Actually, no. I switched to single player mode because multiplayer pause lag was too obnoxious to deal with in the long run.

bg2_up01_003.jpg

Importing character from the Final-Save of the first game.

bg2_up01_004.jpg

codex_10.jpg
About fucking time you've shown up.

You all know The Codex. If you do not, check out his adventures so far in this thread.

codex_10.jpg
I can't believe this. Two and a half months are not enough for you? You're going to stall this even more?

Just a little more patience.

As I was playing BG1 tutu version of the game, the game treats our imported character as exported from BG2. There is not much to configure now - only name and appearance can be changed. When you import a character from unmodded BG1, there are more choices to be made - e.g. you have to assign weapon proficiencies and thieving skills from scratch.

codex_10.jpg
This is so interesting, everybody has already left, or fallen asleep.

Not everyone has a two-seconds attention span like you. But ok, let us start.

Update #00: Where Is My Stuff!?

All BG2 videos embedded in this thread have been taken from a Youtube BG2 LP by
mynameisnotlilly. If you think this LP is long, his has 844 episodes, so... yeah.

bg2_up01_005.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh gods, my head.

You ok?

codex_10.jpg
Well, no. I've got the worst hangover ever and I have a feeling there's no priest with restoration spell anywhere near.

What's the last thing You remember?

codex_10.jpg
Let me think. Ok, so there was this celebration party after defeating Sarevok. I met this girl and we...

You can omit this part, thank you.

codex_10.jpg
Well, that's about all I can recall anyway. But since I woke up in a cage like this, that must have been one hell of a party!

You seem rather content for a person in Your situation.

codex_10.jpg
Of course, it could've been much worse.

bg2_up01_006.jpg

Oh, look, someone is coming.

codex_10.jpg
Must be the owner of this place. Let me do the talking.

Sure. It is not like he can hear me anyway.

codex_10.jpg
Oh, right.

bg2_up01_008.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Hi there. I can pay for any proprietary damage I might have caused while drunk, no problem.

bg2_up01_009.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Ah, so you've heard about me? Good. That will save us a lot of time.

bg2_up01_010.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Why do I get the feeling we're talking about two different things?

bg2_up01_011.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Are you even listening to me?

bg2_up01_012.jpg

codex_10.jpg
OH GODS IT BURNS!

bg2_up01_013.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I appreciate the fucking reassurance!

bg2_up01_014.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh, I'll fucking show you my untapped power, just let me out of this cage!

bg2_up01_015.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Screw it, I'm not talking to you anymore.

bg2_up01_016.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Wow, a talking golem. Haven't seen one of these before.

bg2_up01_017.jpg

codex_10.jpg
'They act sooner...' Are you for real? That's straight out of Villain's one-liners for dummies.

bg2_up01_018.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, that one too.

bg2_up01_019.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Wait, you're going to leave me here like this?

bg2_up01_020.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Fucker.

He's gone.

codex_10.jpg
Well, that wasn't a very good start. I couldn't even say anything, while this guy was talking and talking!

Oh yeah, get used to that.

codex_10.jpg
Well, can't we skip them somehow?

Nope. Also, this one is not over yet.

codex_10.jpg
Fucking great.

bg2_up01_021.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh, someone else is coming. Hey, could you-

bg2_up01_022.jpg

codex_10.jpg
After you're finished with what you're doing now, of course.

bg2_up01_023.jpg

codex_10.jpg
This doesn't look very good. I would help you if I fucking could do anything, you know.

bg2_up01_024.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Ok, nevermind.

bg2_up01_025.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yet another someone is approaching. This place is like a shopping mall on Sunday.

bg2_up01_026.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Hey, I know this girl...

bg2_up01_027.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh hell yes! Finally!

You're so glad to see Imoen? I did not know you liked her that much.

codex_10.jpg
I'm not glad to see her. I'm glad to see dialogue options!

bg2_up01_028.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Doing things? What do you mean?

bg2_up01_029.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Doing things? What do you mean?

bg2_up01_030.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I mean, seriously, were the things he was doing to us both, the kind of things a perverted mage would do to a young pretty chick like you? I would really like to know.

bg2_up01_032.jpg

codex_10.jpg
On second thought, I don't really want to know. Let's just forget about all this.

bg2_up01_033.jpg

codex_10.jpg
End dialogue. Fucking Finally. I thought she would never shut up.

bg2_up01_034.jpg

The Codex is experienced enough for a level up. It seems that since we played BG1 tutu, all the excess experience above 161 000 limit was accumulated but hidden from us. I am glad I did not know it would work this way, or we would probably still be stuck in BG1, grinding Ankhegs.

But first, since - as before - the game does not really give us an option not to recruit Imoen, so we will just have to make sure her career in the party is as short as possible.

bg2_up01_035.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Bye, girl. We shall not miss you.

bg2_up01_036.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, yeah, great that you set me free and all that, but I don't think this relationship is working out very well.

bg2_up01_037.jpg

Time for the level-ups. Summary screen #1. We get some bonuses to saving throws and THAC0.

codex_15.jpg
I feel stronger.

bg2_up01_038.jpg

Level up summary screen #2. Some new spells will be available for our hero, as well as improved thieving skills. We also get a considerable +26 increase in HPs.

Skills not seen in the screenshot, like Detect Illusion or Set Traps, will be ignored for now (I just do not use them). As for Hide In Shadows, it will be always kept equal to Move Silently.

Here is the character screen after the level ups:
bg2_up01_039.jpg

bg2_up01_040.jpg

There is one change here, compared to BG1. I switched Long Bow proficiency to Short Bow with ShadowKeeper, for practical reasons. We wwill not have enough excess inventory space to carry arrows everywhere and there are two short bows in the game (if I recall correctly) that do not require ammo.
EDIT: Switching to short bows seemed like a good idea at the time, but it proved to be pointless in the end, because arrow storage never occured as an actual problem, plus we got the quiver of infite arrows relatively soon anyway. Arguably, this change made The Codex weaker as an archer, but I did not want to edit the character again, so we stuck to short bows.

bg2_up01_041.jpg

codex_10.jpg
THAC0 = 10? Shouldn't it be much lower than that? You know, with all the weapon proficiency bonuses and stuff.

bg2_up01_042.jpg

What weapon proficiency?

codex_10.jpg
What. The. Fuck. Where is my stuff!?

Taken by your captor. Imoen mentioned it, were you not listening?

codex_10.jpg
No, I wasn't, but that's beside the point. I'm asking seriously. Where is my stuff? Tell me, I just have to reach one chest, or something, to get it all back.

Uh, no. I am afraid you will have to collect a completely new inventory, from scratch.

codex_10.jpg
:rage:

Look at the bright side...

codex_10.jpg

I promise, you will find even better stuff. Eventually.

codex_10.jpg

Uh. Dear audience, that is all for today. Thank you for reading. We shall see each other soon.

----------
Next time: we slaughter a lot of goblins and suffer first deaths.

----------
Note: This no longer applies to the LP, since we have finished Shadows of Amn.

Choose an adventure for The Codex!

Since, I would like this LP to be a little more interactive than the previous one, there is an idea that should make it a little bit interesting.
The first few updates are, of course, set in stone, as we have to get through Irenicus' Lair. But after that, we can go wherever we want - or actually, wherever you want. Below, you shall find a list of major and minor quests (if I missed any, let me know). If you have any preferences as to where The Codex should go first, please make a note of it in a post.
I will at least try to follow your votes when choosing the next destination - even if you send The Codex against Firkraag right away. I will also check out all the areas that are visited during a quest, so choosing, for example, Unseeing Eye means exploring the sewers too.
Main questline is bolded out.

- Circus Tent -> Genie's flask aka mysterious Jafir
- Copper Coronet -> Athkatla Slavers
- de'Arnise Keep (Flail of the Ages)
- Edwin's Quest (just the first part) + Fallen Paladins + bonus
- Guarded Compund aka Slave Lords
- Harper Hideout aka Xzar and Montaron cameo quest
- Hunt for Valygar -> Planar Sphere
- Illithids in Athkatla
- Kangaxx The Demilich
- Korgan's Book Quest
- Lilarcor, the talking sword
- Mae'Var's Guild
- Rescuing Haer'dalis -> Astral Prison
- Sarles the Sculptor
- Serial Skinner -> Human Flesh Armor / Catching Rejiek
- Shadow Thieves' Guild / Working for Bodhi -> Spellhold -> Sahuagin City -> Underdark -> killing Bodhi -> Suldanessellar -> Hell
- Tirdir and his Kidnappers
- Trademeet
- Twisted Rune
- Umar Hills -> Temple Ruins
- Unseeing Eye
- Watcher's Keep Level 1 -> Level 2 -> Level 3 -> Level 4 -> Level 5 -> Level 6
- Windspear Hills
- Wish Quest
----------
Death Count: 425+4

#1: lv. 8/9/10 - Irenicus' Dungeon, lower level (#1)
Steamed to death by an underestimated mephit.
Last words: Fuck, being killed by a mephit would be really embarassing.

#2: lv. 8/9/10 - Irenicus' Dungeon, lower level (#1)
Mauled by clay golems after foolishly provoking them.
Last words: No fucking way! They're going to kill me!

#3: lv. 8/9/10 - Irenicus' Dungeon, upper level (#2)
Swarmed by mephits.
Last words: Fuck, that's a lot of mephits.

#4: lv. 8/9/10 - Irenicus' Dungeon, upper level (#2)
Escaped Clone Wars.
Last words: You've turned hostile on the wrong troll-elf fighter/mage/thief, lady!

#5: lv. 8/9/11 - Dale of Seven Vales (#3)
Beaten to death by Mencar Pebblecrusher and Smaeluv Orcslicer, while confused.
Last words: OW! Stop hurting the moose!

#6: lv. 8/9/11 - Dale of Seven Vales (#3)
Beaten to death by confused Mencar Pebblecrusher and Smaeluv Orcslicer.
Last words: I am also dead.

#7: lv. 8/9/11 - Dale of Seven Vales (#3)
Beaten to death by Mencar Pebblecrusher, Smaeluv Orcslicer and Brennan Risling.
Last words: Fucking dwarf! That hurt!

#8: lv. 8/9/11 - Dale of Seven Vales (#3)
Beaten to death by Mencar Pebblecrusher, Smaeluv Orcslicer and Brennan Risling, after an exploit tactic proved invalid due to installed mods.
Last words: Damn modders! Why can't they leave my cheese alone?

#9: lv. 8/9/11 - Dale of Seven Vales (#3)
Overwhelmed by Smaeluv Orcslicer and his 46 damage hits.
Last words: Fucking OW!

#10: lv. 9/10/11 - Athkatla Slums (#4)
Assaulted by Bregg and Cohrvale, two randomly met street thugs.
Last words: Damn these randomly met street thugs!

#11: lv. 9/10/11 - Athkatla Sewers (#4)
Killed by an unnoticed trap.
Last words: Why aren't we killing dragons?

#12: lv. 9/10/11 - Athkatla Sewers (#5)
Surprise buttsecks from slaver, who had the nerve of following us after an emergency area transit.
Last words: Let's rest for a mo- Wait, who the fuck...

#13: lv. 9/10/11 - Athkatla Sewers (#5)
Poorly aimed lightning bolts backfiring spectacularly.
Last words: You are all dead men walking!

#14: lv. 9/10/11 - Athkatla Sewers (#5)
Outduelled by Captain Haegan in the slavers compound.
Last words: Nah, no problem. Give me a minute.

#15 to #23: lv. 9/10/11 - Rejiek Hidesman's Hideout (#6)
All possible combinations of ghasts, rune assassins and bone golems You can imagine.

#24: lv. 9/11/11 - estate of the merchant Saerk yn Muham el Farrahd (#7)
Shot by guards.
Last words: Fuck! Stop shooting me!

#25: lv. 9/11/11 - some random barn in Athkatla Bridge District (#7)
Gangfucked by a prty of adventurers met in some random barn in Athkatla Bridge District. Bizarre, I know.
Last words: EASY!?

#26: lv. 9/11/11 - some random barn in Athkatla Bridge District (#7)
Second fight against the same party of adventurers as above, attempted despite The Codex' objections.
Last words: I have nothing to say.

#27: lv. 9/11/11 - house of some nobleman in Athkatla Bridge District (#7)
Slaughtered by Amnish Bodyguards while trying to rob the above mentioned house.
Last words: I'll kill you all!

#28: lv. 9/11/11 - house of some nobleman in Athkatla Bridge District (#7)
Swarmed by mass-spawning Amnish Bodyguards during a second attempt at the burglary.
Last words: Oh fuck, that is a lot of people to kill.

#29: lv. 9/11/11 - Athkatla Government District (#7)
Killed by fanatics while trying to rescue a fair maiden (actually, a hot drow priestess).
Last words: Fuck, I haven't noticed that one more archer there.

#30: lv. 9/11/11 - Athkatla Government District (#7)
Ripped apart by vampires while trying to protect some damn fool thief against the entire fucking cast of Twilight.
Last words: What are you doing to me? Stop doing it!

#31: lv. 9/11/11 - Athkatla Government District (#7)
Neutralized by Cowled Enforcers after failing to adhere to the rules of magic-using in the city of Alkathla.
Last words: Here, have a dispel!!

#32: lv. 9/11/11 - Athkatla Government District (#7)
Again ripped apart by vampires, while still raging over being killed by Cowled Enforcers a moment earlier.
Last words: This is bullshit! How am I supposed to buff myself against the vampires if I get gangraped by these fucking cowlers every time I snap my fingers to light up a cigaret!

#33: lv. 9/11/11 - Athkatla Government District (#7)
Bled out to death by vampires, moments after realizing it's not the lack of HP that kills you, but level drains.
Last words: MY PRECIOUS LEVELS! I'LL KILL THESE FUCKING VAMPIRES!

#34: lv. 9/11/11 - Athkatla Government District (#7)
Killed by the last still standing vampire, while in relatively good situation (able to receive two more hits and not die), and somehow managing to die anyway.
Last words: I'd still prefer not to receive them.

#35: lv. 9/11/11 - transition area (#8)
Waylaid by enemies (a group of orogs and some humans), who actually proved to be too tough, or just were lucky.
Last words: There. Mirror Image. Can't hurt me now, suckers!

#36: lv. 9/11/12 - Umar Hills (#8)
Hunted down by Valygar's sidekicks; Derrick, Ranger and Ranger.
Last words: I'll soften then up with a spell and...

#37: lv. 9/11/12 - Umar Hills (#8)
84 damage from one Flame Strike by Derrick.
Last words: 84 damage? This is bad!

#38: lv. 9/11/12 - Umar Hills (#8)
Killed by Valygar's lackeys for the third time, after failing to renew Stoneskin on time.
Last words: Ha! Eat dirt!

#39: lv. 9/11/12 - Umar Hills (#8)
Experienced the difference between Shadows and Shadow Fiends, the hard way.
Last words: Fuuuuuck!

#40: lv. 9/11/12 - Umar Hills (#8)
Surrounded and gangraped by a throng of Shadows, Shadow Fiends and such.
Last words: Stop killing me!

#41: lv. 9/11/12 - some cave in Umar Hills (#8)
Mistaken a mimic for a treasure chest and got paralyzed.
Last words: It's huge! Imagine all the loot!

#42: lv. 9/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#9)
Fought Clay Golem with a sword.
Last words: OH FUCK MY FACE! MY BEAUTIFUL FACE!

#43: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#9)
Mazed by Kayardi the halfling mage.
Last words: This is looking pretty good so far.

#44: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#9)
Mazed by Kayardi the halfling mage for a second time.
Last words: Die, midget!

#45: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#9)
Horrored and then killed by some very aggressive halflings.
Last words: NO MORE PAIN PLEASE!

#46: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#9)
Stunned, then mazed by Kayardi the halfling mage, while fighting a mind-controlled berserker friend.
Last words: Die, traitor!

#47: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#9)
76 damage from a Flame Strike by Mogadish the halfling cleric.
Last words: IT BURNS! MY FLESH BURNS!

#48: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#9)
Died from Melph's Acid Arrow ongoing effect, after managing to kill all the halflings...
Last words: : yeah :

#49: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#9)
Horrored, then fucked with by Melph's Acid Arrow.
Last words: I'm melting!

#50: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#9)
Mogadish Flame Strikes again, for 84 damage, while The Codex stunned and chaosed.
Last words: -none-

#51: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#9)
Confused by Kayardi's Chaos spell, then killed by Entu.
Last words: IAmTheGreatShrimpInTheSky...

#52: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#10)
'Iron Golem did 72 damage to The Codex'
Last words: HOLY FUCK SHIT HELL!

#53: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#10)
Whacked in the head by a summoned Ogre Berserker.
Last words: I shouldn't need stoneskin against one lousy ogre, but better safe than sorry.

#54: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#10)
Swarmed by Tolgerias, his nameless wizard chick and their summoned monsters.
Last words: Never retreat! Never surrender!

#55: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#10)
Horridly wilted by Tolgerias.
Last words: Damn, he's indestructible!

#56: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#10)
Again, horridly wilted by Tolgerias. For 106 damage. The fuck.
Last words: Argh! I'm melting!

#57: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#10)
Trolled hard by Snow Trolls.
Last words: I actually think we can pull this off!

#58: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#10)
Burned to death by Fire Mephits, among others.
Last words: Ah! I'm on fire!

#59: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#10)
Fire Mephits. We hate them.
Last words: FUCK YEAH DIE FUCKING MEPHIT FUCKER! I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL ALL OF YOU!

#60: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#11)
Skull crushed by a Clay Golem.
Last words: Crap! A golem!

#61: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#11)
Gangraped by golems.
Last words: THEY'RE TEARING ME APART!

#62: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#11)
Beaten up by Myconids while confused.
Last words: A carrot field is growing around us...

#63: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
First attempt at demon fighting.
Last words: AAH!

#64: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
d attempt at demon fighting: distracted by Mephits.
Last words: Fuck, it wasn't supposed to work like this!

#65: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
Third attempt at demon fighting: failed to immobilize it.
Last words: Why aren't you webbed!?

#66: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
Fourth attempt at demon fighting: getting increasingly desparate.
Last words: Why won't you die!?

#67: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
Fifth attempt at demon fighting: they are surprisingly hard to distract.
Last words: You're supposed to attack my berzerker!

#68: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
Sixth attempt at demon fighting: still not doing well.
Last words: Get him, 'zerk!

#69: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
Stumbled upon a demon while casually dispatching Imps and Quasits.
Last words: And... oh fuck!

#70: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
Yet another demon.
Last words: I am so-

#71: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
104th attempt at demon fighting: Stoneskin is not enough.
Last words: Ow... Ow...

#72: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
342nd attempt at demon fighting: Death Gaze can paralyze.
Last words: No-

#73: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
879th attempt at demon fighting: we're almost there (but not quite).
Last words: Can't touch m-

#74: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
Paralyzed by a Maurezhi.
Last words: And-

#75: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
1234th attempt at demon fighting: they are tough bastards.
Last words: This is really bad.

#76: lv. 10/11/12 - The Abyss (#11)
A demon did not get properly distracted by our summoned Berserk Warrior.
Last words: Damn! Not me, you fool!

#77: lv. 10/11/12 - Planar Sphere (#11)
Surprised by a Clay Golem.
Last words: My ribs! Why do they bend inwards!?

#78: lv. 10/11/13 - Athkatla Docks District (#12)
An unexpected date with Parisa the Vampire.
Last words: I can sense trouble.

#79: lv. 10/11/13 - Athkatla Waukeen's Promenade (#13)
A disagreement with some Cowled Enforcers over the use of magic without a license.
Last words: First I'll suffocate them a little.

#80: lv. 11/12/13 - d'Arnise Hold (#13)
Overwhelmed by a Yuan-Ti mage and his troll sidekicks.
Last words: What the fuck? The big troll split into two smaller ones!

#81: lv. 11/12/13 - d'Arnise Hold (#13)
Foolish attempt to farm XP from a Yuan-Ti mage after he conveniently killed himself a minute before.
Last words: I will fuck him up so hard, he won't even have time to consider suicide.

#82: lv. 11/12/13 - d'Arnise Hold (#13)
Confused, stunned and killed by a Yuan-Ti mage.
Last words: Heeeeeee-

#83: lv. 11/12/13 - d'Arnise Hold (#14)
Lost a swordfight with Glaicus, a charmed badass.
Last words: The Codex is not defeated easily!

#84: lv. 11/12/13 - d'Arnise Hold (#14)
Tried to save himself from Glaicus with Mirror Image.
Last words: Whew, that was close!

#85: lv. 11/12/13 - d'Arnise Hold (#14)
Torn apart by d'Arnise guardian golems.
Last words: Dead in the water. See you all after reload.

#86: lv. 11/12/13 - d'Arnise Hold (#14)
Fighting Clay Golem with a sword turned out to be a bad idea.
Last words: I got this. FUCK-OW!

#87: lv. 11/12/13 - d'Arnise Hold (#14)
Repeatedly punched in the gut by a Giant Troll
Last words: Casting failure!? What do you mean, casting failure!?

#88: lv. 11/12/13 - d'Arnise Hold (#14)
Underestimated the trolling power (and magic resistance) of TorGal.
Last words: Piece of cake.

#89: lv. 11/12/13 - Athkatla Sewers (#15)
He might not have dealt the killing blow, but it was mostly Tarnor the Hatchetman's fault.
Last words: Just let me cast stoneskin and I'll get right back to killing you.

#90: lv. 11/12/13 - Athkatla Sewers (#15)
Struck by Power Word, Stun while at low HP.
Last words: Why?

#91: lv. 11/12/13 - Athkatla Sewers (#15)
Failed a saving throw against Hold + Tarnor the Hatchetman.
Last words: Let me quickly refresh my stoneskin.

#92: lv. 11/12/13 - Athkatla Sewers (#15)
Power Word, Stun, again.
Last words: Bitchin'!

#93: lv. 11/12/13 - Athkatla Sewers (#15)
'A Sea Troll ripped my arms off and all I got was this death screen.'
Last words: Sea Troll? Somehow these two words seem so unnatural when put together.

#94: lv. 11/12/13 - Unseeing Eye HQ (#16)
Bitten by a Hell Hound. Multiple times, actually, and by multiple hounds.
Last words: Why isn't this working better!?

#95: lv. 11/12/13 - Unseeing Eye HQ (#16)
Mazed by Shade Lich.
Last words: Oh crap.

#96: lv. 11/12/14 - Forgotten City (#17)
Beholders, the first encounter.
Last words: No! Fuck! You were unconscious! YOU WERE UNCONSCIOUS!

#97: lv. 11/12/14 - Forgotten City (#17)
Learned the hard way that Beholders are family creatures and attacking one means fighting all of them.
Last words: Oh crap.

#98: lv. 11/12/14 - Forgotten City (#17)
YASD.
Last words: AAAAAARRRRRGHGHGHGHGHHG!

#99: lv. 11/12/14 - Forgotten City (#17)
A failed experiment: minor spell turning and minor spell deflection do not work against Beholders' rays.
Last words: Just to be sure, I'll cast this too.

#100: lv. 11/12/14 - Forgotten City (#17)
When using hit&run tactics against Beholders, did not perform the 'run' part fast enough.
Last words: No, no, no, no, NO!

#101: lv. 11/12/14 - Forgotten City (#17)
Insufficient AoE damage when trying to deal the finishing blow in the Beholder fight.
Last words: Chaaaaarge!

#103: lv. 11/12/14 - Forgotten City (#17)
Paralyzed by a panicked Gauth.
Last words: Where the fuck are you going!

#104: lv. 11/12/14 - Undead Hole (#18)
Paralyzed by Theshal the not-zombie.
Last words: *cough* *cough* Bad breath...

#105: lv. 11/12/14 - Undead Hole (#18)
Learned that liches can see through invisibilty. The hard way.
Last words: Um... invisible here?

#106: lv. 11/12/14 - Undead Hole (#18)
Experinced a suicide bombing by a the same lich.
Last words: It's Achmed the dead terrorist, I am doomed!

#107: lv. 11/12/14 - Undead Hole (#18)
Forgot to cast Resist Fear before another attempt to fight the above-mentioned lich.
Last words: Aaaaaaaaah!

#108: lv. 11/12/14 - Undead Hole (#18)
Trapped in a circle od (un)death.
Last words: Well, fuck.

#109: lv. 11/12/14 - Undead Hole (#18)
Torn apart by a greater mummy, which did not really give a fuck about those mirror images.
Last words: Well, maybe I wasn't able to hurt it at a distance, but at least I managed to cast mirror image before it got close.

#110: lv. 11/12/14 - Undead Hole (#18)
Out-archered by a skeleton warrior.
Last words: Mirror image!

#111: lv. 11/12/14 - Undead Hole (#18)
Overestimated duration of a certain protection spell.
Last words: You can't hurt... What, the spell has worn off already?

#112: lv. 11/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
A certain ambushed beholder called friends for help.
Last words: Scared? AS YOU SHOULD BE!

#113: lv. 11/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
Failed a stealth role in Beholder Central.
Last words: Why do you see me? WHY DO YOU SE ME!?

#114: lv. 11/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
Almost managed to pull off a surprise attack against a pack of beholders.
Last words: Die, die die!

#115: lv. 11/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
Failed to execute an elaborate beholder-killing plan.
Last words: Maybe if I suffocate them a little bit more... ...and confuse them...

#116: lv. 11/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
Put too much faith in cone of cold.
Last words: Taste the frostbite!

#117: lv. 11/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
Beholders are formidable enemies, did you know?
Last words: No worries, you'll join your friend soon enough!

#118: lv. 11/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
Went wise-ass on Unseeing Eye.
Last words: Actually, my familiar is a cat, but since you're blind, it's a good enough guess, I think.

#119: lv. 11/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
Paralyzed and devoured by a random beholder.
Last words: Oh look, a single beholder.

#120: lv. 11/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
Gangraped by some blind priests, after getting paralyzed AGAIN.
Last words: Am I supposed to be alarmed seeing this pretty spell?

#121: lv. 11/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
Made a bunch of blind prests angry.
Last words: Your petty divine magic is useless. I am invincible!

#122: lv. 12/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
Decided to casually walk towards Unseeing Eye, not taking any actions. Totally of his own will. Totally.
Last words: Wait!

#123: lv. 12/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
ALMOST managed to defeat Unseeing Eye.
Last words: Lilarcor always knows what to say.

#124: lv. 12/12/14 - Unseeing Eye Lair (#19)
Got into a brawl with a bunch of elite guards.
Last words: Ow. Ow. Ow.

#125: lv. 12/13/15 - Mae'Var's Guild (#20)
Did a Julius Caesar impersonation, with shadow thieves instead of senate conspirators.
Last words: Ah, my back! FUCK!

#126: lv. 12/13/15 - Harper HQ (#21)
Challenged spectral harpists, just for shits and giggles.
Last words: I really wish I buffed myself before doing this.

#127: lv. 13/13/15 - Athkatla Bridge District (#22)
Mazed by Elemental Lich
Last words: Time for the serious business!

#128: lv. 13/13/15 - Kangaxx's tomb (#22)
Sunfired by Kangaxx.
Last words: AAAAAAAAAAH IT BURNS!

#129: lv. 13/13/15 - Kangaxx's tomb (#22)
Slow drinking did not allow to stay ahead of Kangaxx's damage output.
Last words: Come on, potions, come on!

#130: lv. 13/13/15 - Kangaxx's tomb (#22)
Power Word, Kill. Probably.
Last words: This does not burn nearly as bad as before. Losing your touch, Kangaxx?

#131: lv. 13/13/15 - Kangaxx's tomb (#22)
Symbol, Stun. It worked.
Last words: Are we just going to keep repeating this shameful performance over and over, or will you allow me to rest eventually?

#132: lv. 13/13/15 - Kangaxx's tomb (#22)
Imprisoned by Kangaxx.
Last words: The slingshot seems to be working too, if kind of slow.

#133: lv. 13/13/15 - Kangaxx's tomb (#22)
Burned to ashes by our own fire elemental, which was dominated by Kangaxx.
Last words: I hate distractions like this.

#134: lv. 13/13/15 - Twisted Rune (#23)
Got into a ranged duel with Vaxall the beholder.
Last words: Not that I want to complain, but this hurts a lot.

#135: lv. 13/13/15 - Twisted Rune (#23)
Layenne, her time stop and other magical shit.
Last words: Hands off, lady!

#136: lv. 13/13/15 - Twisted Rune (#23)
Turned out that starting a direct confrontation with Shyressa the vampiress was a bad idea.
Last words: Fascinating.

#137: lv. 13/13/15 - some random barn in Athkatla Bridge District (#23)
Embarassingly killed by a summoned skeleton.
Last words: Damnit! This skeleton hits like a truck!

#138: lv. 13/13/16 - guarded compund in Athkatla Birdge District (#24)
Stunned and sliced up by Celestial Fury.
Last words: They are ambushing me right by the stairs. This reminds me of the Iron Throne tower.

#139: lv. 13/13/16 - guarded compund in Athkatla Birdge District (#24)
Backstabbed by Ketta.
Last words: Mah luhng!

#140: lv. 13/13/16 - guarded compund in Athkatla Birdge District (#24)
Unsuccessful duel with Koshi.
Last words: LetsSeeIfYouCanTakeMeOnIfIAmSuperHasted!

#141: lv. 13/13/16 - guarded compund in Athkatla Birdge District (#24)
Koshi and Ketta, the terrible duo.
Last words: FUCK NO! I refuse to die fightning you yet again!

#142: lv. 13/13/16 - guarded compund in Athkatla Birdge District (#24)
Once more sliced and diced by Koshi and his Celestial Fury.
Last words: DON'T BRING IT ON! STOP BRINGING IT ON!

#143: lv. 13/13/16 - guarded compund in Athkatla Birdge District (#24)
Killed by a trap while running away from Olaf Rasmussen and and screaming like a little girl.
Last words: Daddy, help me! Where are you, daddy!

#144: lv. 13/13/16 - guarded compund in Athkatla Birdge District (#24)
Hunted down by Koshi after using up all charges in a fireball wand to avoid getting close.
Last words: That means I will die, doesn't it?

#145: lv. 13/13/16 - guarded compund in Athkatla Birdge District (#24)
Killed by a trap while trying to sneak up on enemies.
Last words: I will attack them from the other side.

#146: lv. 13/13/16 - guarded compund in Athkatla Birdge District (#24)
Killed by a trap while trying to run away from enemies.
Last words: My ear! Fuck! Runaway!

#147: lv. 13/13/16 - druid grove troll lair (#26)
Ripped to shreds by a giant troll
Last words: Khrr...

#148: lv. 13/13/16 - druid grove troll lair (#26)
Realized that protection from normal weapons does not protect from being ripped apart by giant troll.
Last words: Note to self: trolls have magical fists. Also: aaaaarrrrrgghhh!

#149: lv. 13/13/16 - druid grove troll lair (#26)
Ripped to shreds by two giant trolls and a spirit troll.
Last words: Please stop doing that, this is demigod blood you're spilling. Not easy to come by, you know.

#150: lv. 14/14/16 - Windspear Hills (#28)
Slaughtered by a bunch of paladins cosplaying as various monsters.
Last words: I think I've just lost hearing from blood loss.

#151: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#28)
Smashed to a pulp by an adamantite golem.
Last words: urk

#152: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#28)
Ripped to shreds by a bunch of vampires.
Last words: Oh gods, it's the Cullen family!

#153: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
Ripped to shreds (notice a pattern here?) by a greater wolfwere.
Last words: A greater what now?

#154: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
Bitten by a greater wolfwere and its pet wolf.
Last words: Oh, fuck.

#155: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
Slashed to death by TWO greater wolfweres. Two! Ha. Ha. Ha.
Last words: WHAT!? YET ANOTHER ONE!?

#156: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
Lost melee duel with an adamantite golem.
Last words: Nononono-nono-NO!

#157: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
If you are backstabbing a greater wolfwere, do not fail your hide in shadows check.
Last words: Oh, fuck.

#158: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
Turns out that successfully backstabbing a greater wolfwere does not equal killing it.
Last words: Aha! Now, you're mine!

#159: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
Slowed down and then stomped on by a stone golem.
Last words: Oooooohshshshiiiiit...

#160: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
Fireballed by a maze guardian.
Last words: Fucker!

#161: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
Monologued to death by another maze guardian.
Last words: Grr to you too.

#162: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
Burned to a crisp by, you guessed, it, a maze guardian.
Last words: IT BURNS!

#163: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
Experienced the impressive range of fire spells employed by maze guardians.
Last words: I walked through fire but did not get burned!

#164: lv. 14/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#29)
Ambushed by Samia's party of looters.
Last words: You break my heart, girl.

#165: lv. 15/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#30)
Tried to summon a cacofiend while fighting Firkraag.
Last words: Say hello to my little friend!

#166: lv. 15/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#30)
Failed a save against dragon fear effect.
Last words: I CHALLENGED A DRAGON! WHAT WAS I THINKING!?

#167: lv. 15/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#30)
Tried to duel Firkraag in melee.
Last words: I bid you all farewell.

#168: lv. 15/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#30)
Strategy of trying to divert dragon fire to decoy fire elementals failed.
Last words: ARGHGHRGRHRGH!

#169: lv. 15/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#30)
Spell Trap from Staff of the Archmage does not protect against dragon fire either!
Last words: It is indeed a mighty staff.

#170: lv. 15/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#30)
Yet another failed attempt to kill Firkraag.
Last words: Oomph!

#171: lv. 15/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#30)
Turns out trying to shoot a dragon from afar with a bow just makes the dragon angry.
Last words: UhOhIThinkHeJustGotPissed.

#172: lv. 15/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#30)
Second attempt at sniping Firkraag, even Fire Shield does not protect against his breath.
Last words: ThanksForTheVoteOfConfidence!

#173: lv. 15/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#30)
Firkraag burns The Codex to a crisp, after quickly dealing with the summoned fire elementals.
Last words: Uhm...

#174: lv. 15/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#30)
We have not noticed that Codex' fire shield has expired while Firkraag was dealing with the elementals.
Last words: No fireshield? That's bad.

#175: lv. 15/14/17 - Firkraag's Maze (#30)
The Codex unsuccessfully tried to put a wall of fire elementals between himself and Firkraag.
Last words: ARGH. MyArm!HeToreMyArmOff!

Last edited:

korenzel

Educated
Re: Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 - #00: Where's My Stuff?

Thanks for not abandoning the idea, I've been looking forward to the continuation of the Codex's adventures.

MicoSelva said:
There's one change here, compared to BG1. I switched Long Bow proficiency to Short Bow with ShadowKeeper, for practical reasons. We won't have enough excess inventory space to carry arrows everywhere and there are two short bows in the game (if I recall correctly) that don't require ammo.

BG2 has plenty of containers to help with inventory space : bags of holding, ammo belts, potion pouches and so on. BG2tweaks also includes unlimited ammo stacks to prevent arrows from cluttering the whole inventory. Don't cheat.

Very nice. Looking forward to this. Good thing you've got a headstart on me for BG2, so I can see how you do things, so as to not encroach on your territory/steal your thunder. Assuming I ever finish the BG1 LP and move onto BG2 of course.

Do the Thieves' Guild questline. Since you don't need Edwin it will be pretty short, and you can score a good bit of gold.

BG2 has plenty of containers to help with inventory space : bags of holding, ammo belts, potion pouches and so on. BG2tweaks also includes unlimited ammo stacks to prevent arrows from cluttering the whole inventory. Don't cheat.

It's not really a cheat, seeing as any imported character from BG1 typically is allowed to re-assign proficiencies because the system was completely different, and a whole host of new weapon types appeared. However, using TuTu screws with this, so we're just seeing an adjustment, not a cheat.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Very nice. Looking forward to this. Good thing you've got a headstart on me for BG2, so I can see how you do things, so as to not encroach on your territory/steal your thunder. Assuming I ever finish the BG1 LP and move onto BG2 of course.

I probably wouldn't even have started LPing BG1, if I had predicted Yout comeback and the continuation of Motherfucker Shepard's playthrough. But since I have promised BG2 LP during the BG1 one, it would be unfair to back off now.

I will try not to tread on MFS's paths, but if You ever feel I'm stealing potential jokes from You, don't hesitate to stick a knife in my back call me out on it.

Edward_R_Murrow said:
korenzel said:

It's not really a cheat, seeing as any imported character from BG1 typically is allowed to re-assign proficiencies because the system was completely different, and a whole host of new weapon types appeared. However, using TuTu screws with this, so we're just seeing an adjustment, not a cheat.

There will be one another ShadowKeeper adjustment, and a bit more akin to cheating, too. But after that, I will play completely fair, promise!

korenzel

Educated
I'd agree if the character was from BG1 where there was only 4 or 5 weapon types, but TuTu uses BG2's system and weapons, including a different proficiency for short and long bow. The Codex already made its choice, changing it now is cheating. C&C and all that.

Seriously, I'm not too bothered by it, but the reasoning behind the 'adjustment' -that carrying ammo is a pain- is rather shallow. If The Codex wants to use the far superior lightning bow, just say so.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Back at last!

Go for the Unseeing Eye, I always liked this questline - nice ancient ruins and stuff. Also beholders. Behold.

Radisshu

Prophet
YEAHHHHHH

There are cutscenes in BG, too, though. At least one (when Sarevok kills Gorion). But whatever.

You should probably start with the circus quest, and then work your way out of Athkatla. Try to get the Stronghold as soon as possible.

MicoSelva said:
But since I have promised BG2 LP during the BG1 one, it would be unfair to back off now.

I will try not to tread on MFS's paths, but if You ever feel I'm stealing potential jokes from You, don't hesitate to stick a knife in my back call me out on it.

Don't you worry about anything like that, do whatever you want; this just makes it so I have to step up my game and be more creative...if I ever get around to BG2. It's a good outcome all around.

Plus, I have the comedy cache that is the Bioware companions. If I do things Andyman style, I'll never run out of material.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Radisshu said:
There are cutscenes in BG, too, though. At least one (when Sarevok kills Gorion). But whatever.
Well, shit, You are right. Somehow I've completely forgotten about that.
I'll make a little adjustment in the script before too many people notice :P

ironyuri

Selva,

can we visit the circus please daddy?

yours,

ironyuri

ps: i love you brotato

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Another vote for the circus, it's a good starting area and since we're going solo, we can tell a certain needy winged elf to go fuck herself.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Azael said:
Another vote for the circus, it's a good starting area and since we're going solo, we can tell a certain needy winged elf to go fuck herself.

Better yet: dont speak with the Ogre! Dont let yourself be fooled by those horrible creatures, kill all monsters, purge the unclean.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Malakal said:
Azael said:

Better yet: dont speak with the Ogre! Dont let yourself be fooled by those horrible creatures, kill all monsters, purge the unclean.

:thumbsup:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Purge the circus and welcome back! I guess I should go back and read your previous adventure to the end, I abandoned it at some point for some stupid reason like deadlines or something.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I say go rescue Haer'Dalis and die horribly in that external plane thingy.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I say go rescue Haer'Dalis and die horribly in that external plane thingy.

Moray

Scholar
MicoSelva said:
The Codex wants to use the far superior lightning bow, that, coincidentally, requires no ammo.

What you can do, however, is actually use ammo with it. I guess it could easily be considered cheese, or an exploit, but using ammo with Gesen's Bow - say, for instance, the unlimited quiver of +2 arrows - allows you to more base damage (1-6) than the standard, static 2 of the bow's auto arrows. Plus, it'll still add the electrical damage to other ammo.

In the event that you hit a monster that requires more than a +2 to hit, take out the ammo to use the +4 bonus of the bow.

I also vote circus, by the way. Not too difficult, and you'll probably want that charisma ring.

Edit: I forgot to add, the standard projectile animation for Gesen's Bow is slow and awful. I use ammo with it just to get rid of that.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Moray said:
MicoSelva said:
The Codex wants to use the far superior lightning bow, that, coincidentally, requires no ammo.

What you can do, however, is actually use ammo with it. I guess it could easily be considered cheese, or an exploit, but using ammo with Gesen's Bow
Oh, yes, I've been exploiting this "feature" a lot in my previous playthroughs. But I think if You use any arrows, they replace the standard infinite arrows generated by the bow. Maybe I'm wrong.

root said:
son, I am disappoint.
Hard to say when the next update appears. Could be as early as today, could be as late as Tuesday. The total number of screenshots from first level of Irenicus' Lair is greater than in any update from BG1. But then, first areas here are much more content-worthy than in the first game.

It seems the circus and its horrible killer ogres are the first way to go.

Moray

Scholar
MicoSelva said:
Oh, yes, I've been exploiting this "feature" a lot in my previous playthroughs. But I think if You use any arrows, they replace the standard infinite arrows generated by the bow. Maybe I'm wrong.

It does replace the infinite generated arrows, yes. But, like I said, you still add the electrical damage (1-8, I think it is) in addition to whatever properties are on the ammo you've added.

In any case, you don't get Gesen's until later into the game anyway. You're more than likely going to wind up using Tansheron's for the greater part of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom