Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's save the 12 Colonies from murderous toasters - a BSG: Deadlock LP

Hellraiser

Arcane
Do you want to use that as your flagship name? That could be arranged. First I would have to recruit an officer who would take over your call-sign though. But that would not be a problem as we have 0 new volunteers somehow and a growing number of total fleet points despite some losses, so possibly in the next update your namesake will be commanding again.

Also I am not sure if I should complain or be glad that the Cylons are not as fast to field better ships as the last time I played on Admiral difficulty. Adamants are too cost-effective against the lighter toaster ships.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do you want to use that as your flagship name? That could be arranged. First I would have to recruit an officer who would take over your call-sign though. But that would not be a problem as we have 0 new volunteers somehow and a growing number of total fleet points despite some losses, so possibly in the next update your namesake will be commanding again.

Why not, it could be cool.

In the video, what's the brown/red lines between the toasters and your ships? For example we can see them at 2:24, but that's not the only time.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Episode 3: Battlestar Diplomacy

Previously on Battlestar Galctica: Deadlock

Scorpia's shipyard has been defended from hostile forces.

MercantileInterest lead a successful strike on a Cylon warband harassing Caprica earning him the Caprican Cross of Courage.

Azira and the newly formed Scorpia fleet secured space around Ophion.

Following the great successes of Colonial Fleet, the Colonies pledged additional material and technological resources.

The first two Artemis class battlestars Codexia and JarlFrank are under construction at Daidalos.

Obligatory BSG flash-forward teaser montage showing the shape of things to come:

Some music:

5X82qZ7.png

Daidalos Fleet is enjoying some R&R around Aerilon, the calm and toaster-free rural countryside helps bolster morale of both the crews and the locals.

RMovpTQ.png

Meanwhile the toasters engage Scorpia Fleet around Ophion, again. Azira prepares for his second battle around the gas giant. Preliminary reports suggest the toasters are at a major disadvantage.

OPERATION OPHION

cM2XnHE.png

The enemy force consists only of Nemeses.

VOypzTw.png

They are of course no match for the raw firepower of Azira's fleet. Our Manticore chases some cowardly Nemeses which are hacking it.

pyxFsr4.png

The chasing won't do much, Cylon hacking has rendered the fire control of the Hesley non-operation. The Virgon commander of the corvette curses this toaster treachery.

b6zZfVk.png

Running did them no good anyway, they can't outrun Vipers or missiles. Azira is now ready for promotion.

VS6XMkT.png

The battered Picon Fleet is too weak to engage most Cylon forces in Alpha. However Caprican DRADIS sensors detect a weak Cylon squadron approaching from the direction of Gemenon. Knowing all to well that these Cylons might later join-up with their much larger forces, MercantileInterest orders the fleet to engage.

0vlSz26.png

While Picon Fleet prepares to jump to Gemenon, which BTW is an absurd waste of Tylium as Gemenon orbits a barycenter with Caprica so they could just fly there for free, I order a new Adamant.

tH7uJX3.png

Also Azira is promoted, Scorpia Fleet will now be capable of increasing its tonnage.

ehFvyKR.png

RAID AT GEMENON

eeiy4As.png

This Cylon force is laughable.

GDgKBid.png

Rapid toaster removal.

hV3Qozs.png

It seems now MercantileInterest can be promoted again.

2XIBRE5.png

The minor damage is quickly repaired at Caprica's orbital facilities.

gijX3GK.png

Forgot to repair Scorpia fleet. Ophion is an uninhabited gas giant so the repair bill is higher.

IPcuNVr.png

Libran is a hive of scum and villainy, by which I mean this tropical world full of swamps is inhabited mostly by lawyers and bankers working for intercolonial institutions such as the Colonial Court or the Colonial Bank or the tax-dodging corporations that moved their HQs here.

Scorpia fleet got a free jump again so the lawyers and banksters of Libram will be reassured of Colonial Fleet's capability. Azira and the crew of his flagship are set to hit some snob bars and liven the place up with good old crude humour and bar brawls between naval officers and the locals.

we6cwoW.png

While Azira's diplomatic skill proved to be effective against the suits of Libran, the toasters used this occasion to besiege Scorpia with one of their bigger fleets. For now we will ignore them, every bit of tylium not spend on jumps is tylium we can use to pay for Battlestar construction.

Time for our first Broken Alliance expansion mission.

BROKEN ALLIANCE I - CELESTRA

"Even the warhawks from Boskirk and Luminere didn't want to pick a fight over Aquaria. It was far, cold, and with barely any landmass at all. What was the point in controlling a frigid ball of water when even random debris floating around between the colonies contains more useful resources than Aquaria? So it was left abandoned and empty, just like that, despite the habitability. Then some utopian scientists got an idea, since everyone else considers it worthless they can do whatever they want there with no risk of subjugation from Virgon and Leonis. Now you have 75 thousand scientists, delusional idealists and plain nut-jobs living in or around Heim. They have no currency relying on barter and the people vote on everything, including the banishment of undesirables."

- "The Cold Summer: a tale of Summerfest and Aquarians", an article published in "The Caprican" prior to Kyros Summerfest

pdrzdq3.png

Apparently there is some corporate asset that's getting unwanted Cylon attention.

ah1DTm5.png

The eggheads of Aquaria seem to be concerned more with tourist numbers than toasters. In any case the ship might be useful.

bu18pMu.png

Av3F7ij.png

This is our target. Why it is here is a mystery, maybe we will find out later in the BA campaign.

dN3WaBF.png

Apparently faced with murderous robots the Quorum did not bother to ban AI yet. Politicians are useless as always. Either that or it is another spat between Caprica which is to blame for the Cylons and the rest of the colonies.

This is a fairly important bit story-wise because it shows you how early in the First Cylon War we currently are in. This and the presence of effective electronic warfare show you this is before the colonials ditched advanced computer tech due to fear of Cylon hacking.

ILbGxhu.png

The Celestra is floating around to the right of our position. The cyclons are more or less equally distant from our fleet and it.

o8n0InD.png

The ship itself is something we will be able to build later on. It is a support ship, it can add extra plating to a ship using its drones or it can restock missiles. Only guided missiles it seems, maybe we can outfit it with other munitions later? There is now an extra 8th support slot (normally the max is 7 ships in a fleet) which the Celestra or the Daidalos can occupy. Without it the Daidalos was even more of a liability than it is (due to being a torp magnet made of paper) as it took one slot from a proper warship. The devs seemed to have fixed that and also made the Daidalos bonuses (when anchored at a Colony) better/more varied to give players incentive to use it in fleets.

Previously as Cylons also stopped deploying small fleets very quickly, having the Daidalos at anywhere but Ragnar was just suicide as it would attract a doomstack which would pound it with missiles or guns. Cylons can't jump to Ragnar as its radiation interferes with their electronics, so it is a safe haven to park Daidalos later on.

6gkKJOW.png

This is the first defend mission we get and the course of action is simple - boost thrusters and cut off the Cylons from the target. Focus anything that gets too close to the Celestra. There are also secondary missions that have similar objectives.

fuyUbcO.png

I knew 3 contacts seemed to be little, turns out two of the frakers are Revenants. Load the missile tubes!

SM5SDBv.png

Frak! Of course the toasters send more ships while we engage those already present.

PMjCq4A.png

The first Revenant lost all frontal armor and is about to get hit with some guided missiles. Now we have that other Revenant and the Talon to worry about.

zEHjCAJ.png

The toaster reinforcements seem to be two ships, one of which is a carrier. Of course they're going after the Celestra so I send vipers away from strafing Revenants and after the unknown squadron.

v02e3r0.png

The firepower of the remaining Revenant takes its toll on one of the Adamants. tindrli orders it to pull back. The Talon will go down it seems.

a554AIc.png

At the same time the Manticore which was sent to support the Celestra and scout the contacts discovers they are just a Talon and a Cerastes.

AfpyVUQ.png

Two other Adamant start disengaging from the Revenant. Without a missile salvo ready for launch it takes Adamants a lot of time to destroy these Cylon warships with their light guns.

2P9Qm8q.png

Meanwhile the one that got hit too much first is in range of the Celestra, lets use those drones for some ad hoc repairs.

WHv07PZ.png

The drones need to fly to it first though, the toaster vessel is very close to finishing off our Adamant.

kP1kIiQ.png

Luckily the fire from Berserk medium guns solved that problem. The Celestra is also safe now and if I recall correctly the Cerastes starting running while our fleet started pounding the Talon. The Raiders which were sent after our objective were shot down.

frpcSCz.png

A very close call, drones will reinforce the side facing the remaining cylons, although they are far.

kfhmEVJ.png

The drones to their job and we more plating. I guess the real boon of this is that they also repair it back to +20 when it is being attacked, acting like regeneration. Not sure how fast they do it, but it could be useful for tanking in multiplayer and also in this campaign.

Also I wonder if the Celestras grant free repair points like the Daidalos.

AzevzU6.png

On the same turn the Cerastes and the Talon get blown up. A great day for freedom from toaster-initiated apocalypse.

d4q8mWQ.png

jFvPjtE.png

The 3 adamants took a beating, especially the Kirthar. This a taste of what will happen once Cylons start deploying revenants regularly, it will hurt and we will lose ships. Assuming the devs did not frak up the difficulty when giving the Cylons production limits and changing the fleet caps.

qRiGSgg.png

We get the resources, some new ships finish building (guess which) and a new secondary mission appears at this dead rock to the left of Aerilon the name of which I forgot.

JmcVtag.png

Aquaria Fleet is formed, lightbane takes command.

OXK7560.png

An enemy fleet is stationed at Aerilon, our new ships can jump for free and lightbane needs experience. Guess what we do next?

B6eAeRb.png

Unlock viper mk. II squadrons.

:troll:

dAXeQ2k.png

Spend the new cash on new ships including our third Artemis.

vrVYBIN.png

And now we strike.

STRUGGLE FOR AERILON

OMdGHpP.png

lightbane gets the honor of commanding our first two battlestars in this live fire test in addition to the new Adamant. The targets will be some cylon buckets floating around.

2niewoe.png

The toasters don't like the idea so they fire torpedoes at us.

gxMzr6M.png

Frak, shit is close and we can't shoot down all those torps even with the 5 viper squadrons I assigned to defend this Admant.

PdGnsVe.png

Missed! :incline:

W6CdD99.png

Here you can see just how fast are torpedoes. The Cylon guided missiles launched at the same time are one turn behind. Our vipers will deal with them, hopefully.

a7H7Xtk.png

New shiny toasters jump in.

wHlEnPx.png

It is another Nemesis, it executes its hack and run program. Hacking is very good against battlestars in particular. Firewall strength is independent of ship size. The problem the Cylons have with using it is that the Nemesis dies very fast unless it stays out of the battlestars firing arcs.

xCVUMU9.png

Without support from larger ships Cylon hacking is not that much of a threat.

ahLfoLy.png

Guess who earned a promotion about which I forgot. Shit skill, unless it also affects boarding parties the flagship can send out on Raports.

pdVj3cj.png

Azira has had it with these motherfraking toasters around motherfraking Scorpia. He breaks the nose of one last Libran banker in a bar brawl and takes a raptor ride from Themis back to his flagship. The fleet prepares to jump.

Cm4XkQU.png

First however lets look at the current status. We cannot help Beta anyway, Alpha looks surprisingly good considering how many toasters fly through there.

rWCq9X2.png

Azira has some advantage, lets see what the cylons have.

BATTLE OF SCORPIA

9MHxWk3.png

The toasters have 3 carriers, 3 wings of strikecraft and 4 unknown other ships. By the pointpool we can guess those are talons with either more nemeses or cerasteses. Can the toaster field something heavier finally?

A8KaZtK.png

The Hesley scouts the cylons with some support from vipers.

rK7HgqC.png

The Hesley retreats not to draw fire from talon broadsides. Its commander is once again cursing at the toasters hacking his systems.

Azira's fleet is farily fragile as he only commands two Adamants. Berserks as you already know have little armor, so they need to avoid drawing fire. Still, by using Adamants defensively and with good positioning we should be able to avoid losses.

14L9Q5D.png

That nemesis chased the Hesley quite fiercely. Well, it can't chase it now can it?

WvIUVBC.png

Free of his nemesis *badum tish* the Hesley's commander, unfazed by the pounding his ship received to its side armor and internal structure, issues a command. "Alright chaps, lets make use of that frontal armour we have. Aim straight for that chrome bugger, full speed."

APIxLde.png

"Oh no you bloody bucket, either you go down or we both go down. Keep firing men! I can see the fear in its eyes!"

Also one of our Adamants took a beating. The other one is the flagship Bern, so I need to be careful now.

tcNxjmB.png

"Tally ho to robot hades you go!" - the commander cheers.

NXoIVOC.png

As you can see it was not easy and the damage is considerable. I am still shocked the Hesley survived.

Azira gets another level up.

khqe3OE.png

Despite being stationed at Scorpia the damage is expensive to repair. Still better than building new ships.

dmvvY5Y.png

Azira gets a meh flagship skill. If it applied to all ships, it would be better. I guess it is useful if we need to dodge torps.

MmJgulx.png

And now for some major regrouping. We need to reinforce Picon Fleet, Alpha is crawling with more toaster than a kitchen appliance store. The new ships just built and a Battlestar from Aquaria fleet will join Picon fleet.

First however we need to jump them to a rendezvous point.

LUtQXQX.png

Frak! I feared this might happen. Of course both dead rocks are crawling with Cylons we don't see (they are after all far between the stars of Cyrannus). Gortyn has one fleet, Knossos to which Picon Fleet jumped has two!

tumblr_otn64umhpz1wn3cguo4_500.gif

ACTION STATIONS! SET CONDITION ONE THROUGHOUT THE FLEET!

STRUGGLE FOR GORTYN

dkUCHUN.png

Of course Aquaria Fleet has two Artemis class battlestars so this should go smoothly.

Cx7t5m0.png

Vipers launched, time to scrap toasters.

Sef6oA0.png

Aboard Codexia lightbane is staring at the DRADIS screens looking for more easy exp gain.

2c0fje6.png

Very boring battle, I did not need to retreat anything.

gFiWA4f.png

Flawless victory.

l31LI6n.png

Luckily for us it was our fleet jumping to an enemy position so we only have to face one fleet this turn and by pure luck it is the smaller one.

SKIRMISH OVER KNOSSOS

aYKJzi7.png

Picon Fleet has seen the biggest losses so far in the war. Despite the multiple repairs, its flagship "Eos" has a scorch-marked hull which the crew likes to jokingly call "ship make-up".

OsQqWkc.png

The cylons fire their missiles, but it seems something has gone amiss.

From the replay:

ZqzNde0.png

Yeah, that Cerastes got lightly sodomized by friendly missiles. Unfortunately that side is unlike to face Picon Fleet's guns and the internals are still intact.

f7N9AGs.png

The toaster fleet is a pair of nemeses and a pair of cerasteses. These get really boring now...

All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again.

NXu6H87.png

Begone bore-ship.

SGPoMNH.png

That other larger Cylon fleet at Knossos is just chilling there near our own fleet.

kXNRpcf.png

In any case we need to repair our ships.

gHj6wf0.png

Considering how piss easy those fights were, I am not sure if that would warrant a promotion.

PrZvG9n.png

We don't want to wait around with just 4 adamants against what is probably a 7 ship Cylon fleet. Picon Fleet pays the tylium fee and jumps to Gortyn.

hs4U9pm.png

The Codexia is transferred to Picon Fleet.

Luckily for us a mission appears at Saggitaron in Gamma. One of the fleets will engage it after FTL drives finish spooling. Missions are a much better way of earning tylium than babysitting colonies. Also we need more RP for Rangers and future ships.

y1jEDS2.png

That Cylon fleet from Knossos is not willing to let Picon Fleet go, it jumps to Gortyn.

"If they want Picon Fleet they shall have Picon Fleet" - says MercantileInterest.

KCOsjSe.png

Action stations!

ATTACK ON GORTYN

pPSGEob.png

Actually it was a 6 ship fleet. Still two more than Picon Fleet had.

yDhIMI1.png

This time the Cylon fleet is all about broadsides and firepower. Then again the toasters should know better than to to bring a Cerastes to a Battlestar fight.

BS3ZjYb.png

Speaking of which some Cerasteses are disengaging. Instead of stupidly chasing them the fleet focuses on the slower Talons.

However the Osiris also needs to disengage, or it will be its last battle (I honestly wonder how long will that ship live in this LP).

Qho2KVc.png

The Cerasteses try to stay at long range, their small guns are annoying but not as deadly as those on the Talons. Osrisi makes a 180 degree turn to face the toasters with its yet undamaged plating.

Ix78Fxt.png

Apparently the Codexia lost a full viper wing, and those were Viper mk IIs I paid for. Frak.

Meanwhile the situation onboard the Osiris looks grim. Fires rage in some sections while others are exposed to the void of space. The commander of the Osiris orders a retreat at full speed away from the Talons.

zCKCy93.png

The toasters smell blood (or Tylium, who knows) and chase the Osiris. The Codexia along with the rest of the fleet move to intervene. Bros don't leave bros for toasters to kill bro.

zK0VsEx.png

Picon Fleet protects its own :salute:

Y28ODuu.png

The Osiris flees in time. The crew losses are heavy but the ship will continue to fly and fight. :salute:

QVkeyJe.png

MercantileInterest can now command more ships.

ugPoLQv.png

With supply lines so long and the damage so extensive, the cost of repairing the Osiris while still near Gortyn is extremely prohibitive.

A decision is made to only repair the other ships. The Osiris will join Aquaria fleet and jump back with them to Daidalos in Delta for repairs. An Adamant from Aquaria Fleet joins Picon Fleet in its place.

dtV3VeH.png

A weak Cylon fleet besieges to Saggitaron. Azira needs more exp, he goes after them.

xZpUXzT.png

But of course once Scorpia Fleet could jump for free the toasters jump to Gortyn!

:rage:

RAID AT GORTYN

kvsighw.png

A laughable trio of toasters shows the Cylon tactical code is shit. Picon Fleet sends Vipers directly after them and forms a wall of fire.

86V9MXM.png

Goddamn shitty easy battles! I could swear the last time I played this also on Admiral difficulty I had Cylon fleets 50% larger than mine spawn all the time, with Revenants and one other ship I hate to face.

AptQ9hc.png

Meanwhile the traitorous government of Canceron becomes the third Colony to currently resign from the quorum going as far as to host Cylon guests in their parliament. The other traitors, Picon, use this event to bolster their nefarious "pro-peace" narrative via the Picon News Service state media corporation.

BMpwkaq.png

Cain is furious, we are ordered to deal with this mess. We go after the second BA mission, which happens to be on Canceron.

DFtf1Me.png

Daidalos Fleet is ready.

Cw5ERHP.png

By pure coincidence the plot around this mission revolves around dubious Canceran activities, which is kind of awesome.

The rewards are just tylium and RP, but I think I need to do this mission anyway to have the next story mission appear. Also RP is good to have anyway and there are at least two other blueprints that are made available via BA missions, one of which we really want to get (hint: its something both the vanilla version of this game and of the BSG board game was missing but expansions added it).

j6NQynn.png

The fuckers let toasters do gods-know-what in Canceran orbital prisons. Either that or those Celestra deckhands were the Canceran equivalents of rural america billy-bob johnsons claiming the greys anal probed him.

Intel still tells us that Cylon ships have been in the area while Cancerons government did not inform Colonial Fleet of any such events.

Of course in light of Canceron actually leaving the quorum this makes sense. But the writers assumed that would not be the case as you will see soon.

"You take a tour of Argentum Bay Harbour City district or of the Prommos Casino Street, you think this place is paradise. Then you take a taxi through the slums and you see what Canceron really is, a place where the rich imperialists rule and the poor die."
- "Revolutionary's Memoirs" by Adam Veste of the Saggitaron "Tawa Tigers" rebel group.

BROKEN ALLIANCE 2 - PRISON STATION

AKOmzG4.png

This mission requires raptors. Well, one raptor squadron, but I will deploy two just in case. We have Daidalos here so we have two extra squadrons anyway. Raptors are used in the campaign to board objectives. Also we will use them for some new offensive action they are capable of as of the last patch.

HAgNp65.png

Apparently a Canceran Adamant guarding the prison is stranded here. This is actually an extra ship for use in this mission, it also comes with a raptor squadron just in case.

NVX9B2Z.png

The other reason why Raptors are recommended, minefields. Mines were added in the first DLC, there are multiple types. Raptors can disarm them. I think they only work against capital ships, not sure how. I never used them as I only got that DLC along with the expansion on Tuesday.

zYrVsgW.png

The prison adamant already found some mines. I launch the raptors. There are two ships between it and the prison.

Daidalos Fleet fields our new battlestar (not yet renamed) in this mission. It also finds more mines. Four toasters are on approach including one carrier.

2kCdpM5.png

The raptors of Daidalos fleet were also launched, as there is no Cerastes in sight and we definitely have (or will have) space superiority over Cylon strikecraft, I send them to disarm some mines so we can better manoeuvrer around these toasters.

cmO9kie.png

The toasters deployed Heavy Raiders. Heavy Raiders are boarding craft and they will no doubt try to board our battlestar or some other ship. If the boarding party is not repelled by marines on board, they will destroy all the ships subsystems after which they can damage the CIC. Once they take over the CIC they trigger a self-destruction of the ship.

Obviously we want to shoot these frakers down.

YGQkNbi.png

Also two can play the boarding game now. Colonial raptors, since the last patch, can board hostile ships. Unlike Cylon centurions, Colonial marines come with EMP charges and disrupt Cylon electronics, which means that just boarding the Cylon ship makes it less effective even without doing any subsystem damage. This is probably because when colonial ships are boarded you are forced to set posture to defensive, otherwise the boarding party will win. Cylons do not have posture, they have processing power which works differently (to be honest I never quite got how it worked).

9hJaDz8.png

It seems we go the attention of the Canceran defense ministry.

82WYeDf.png

For once Cain bitches at somebody else, it seems to have worked.

zAAEAp9.png

Turns out the first unidentified ship our marines boarded was a talon. Its broadsides get an accuracy penalty. They have more centurions on board than we do marines, but hopefully the ship will be blown up before our marines are killed.

h5ndrEE.png

This time around the toasters seem to have just one Revenant and nothing as heavy, odd. I would expect this mission to have tougher toasters. Also it turned out it was an unidentified contact the other raptor was going to board. Lucky us!

However the ships positions are all over the place and essentially we have no formation. tindrli tries to make sense of this chaos and splits his ships to fire on 2 targets while the missiles are focused on the Revenant.

34UjAQw.png

It seems the phone call latency from orbit to the ministry is rather high. In any case Wenutu seems to want to get rid off us. Shit smells more foul than a Canceran slum.

DnfxRnA.png

I think I know why Wenutu let go of the issue. We will see if we see more of her in the campaign.

WlRqVJS.png

Facing broadside fire from our sole Artemis in this engagement and with colonial marines wrecking havoc aboard it, the Revenant was destroyed.

R0LXhPH.png

The prison adamant is under attack from the two cylon ships to the left of the engagement zone (this game really needs a compass). Armor is holding. Also it needs to dodge a mine, I avoided it by lowering elevation and doing a hard turn right.

O226Kt2.png

With the Revenant gone Cylon opposition was easily destroyed. Vipers saved the prison Adamant from a Nemesis and Cerastes.

g818XpK.png

I am eager to hear what the toasters were doing with those prisoners...

KOwrEmB.png

So these two have history, I guess that makes Quaid Canceran.

HsyEsru.png

Really easy, I guess the devs were hoping the mines will be more challenging but there is no need to rush in.

pEl01qX.png

In other news morale is falling across the colonies because the bulk of the fleet is stationed in interstellar space.

Tauron is likely to defect, I am shocked it did not to so sooner. SIGINT bitches about the Osiris. Also there is a new story mission available at Aerilon (finally).

tkdwSWl.png

For dealing with the shady dealing of Canceron our war chest got a sizeable increase of tylium. Time to spend it on another battlestar.

bTGZNn0.png

Technically we could unlock the Celestra but I rather get the Ranger first.

7CR34ET.png

Picon Fleet will jump back to Alpha by going through Gamma and Cocalus. Its first stop is saving Saggitaron from Cylons. The saggitarans might be backwards yokels but at least they are not chrome.

BG3tM1U.png

A few turns worth of Tylium is always good.

STRIKE FLEET - HELIOS GAMMA, SAGGITARON

nhVrSRx.png

Six ships with two wings of strikecraft versus our Battlestar Codexia and 4 Adamants. The Cylons better have brought something heavier.

yolJpa8.png

Of course they didn't. Vipers engage the Raiders. The Talon eats some missiles.

THqfFxe.png

They manage to damage the Selene but it disengages and our wall of fire has sights on the closest talon.

lzoNlXd.png

FRAK! The last of the toasters is going for a ramming attempt directed at Codexia!

OWVsVbQ.png

Codexia barely dodges it, MercantileInterest orders missiles to be fired.

p9NZGV6.png

Hostiles down, Saggitaron can now sleep safely knowing its citizens will die not of cylons but of basic curable diseases because they believe in faith healing, the ingrates.

GfwHnVJ.png

The Selene was badly damaged but because the Cylons keep fielding light ships they lack the long range firepower to finish off the Adamants.

plIscSL.png

Delta and Gamma seem to be under control, with Canceron retuning to the quorum, officially. I have no idea what Wenutu is plotting. Alpha will go to hell without intervention and I should get back there soon. It has four colonies after all. At the moment only Picon sucks up to the toasters so overall the situation is ok. We need more fleets.

vQ6TYlo.png

Aquaria fleet meets up with Daidalos. Either the presence of the Daidalos or the fact it is orbiting a Colony makes the Osiris' repair cost go down by 75% it seems.

m2gEfil.png

Finally we get the Ranger. I just realised adamants are frigates not cruisers, derp.

F8sKueg.png

Still, thanks to the recent completion of the Saggitaron mission, Colonial Fleet can afford another Artemis.

Q4a7ZI1.png

Meanwhile the new Artemis which was involved in the Canceran Prison mission get a new name. It will serve as Azira's flagship, as his fleet is the only one lacking a battlestar now. tindrli will get the Artemis currently being built.

zGIXJ2m.png

tindrli also gets a promotion. I think CIC buffs give more maximum posture which makes them actually very good.

EDwOMDf.png

MercantileInterest meanwhile is better at drilling marines. Maybe he should start fielding raptors.

eejyjSB.png

Cylons seems to have shifted gears up. There is a 4600 point fleet at Tauron. The plan is now to move Picon Fleet to take care of those toasters in Alpha. At the same time Daidalos will go after the next story mission as soon as the new Artemis finishes and FTL drives are spooled. Scorpia fleet will meet midway between Gamma and Delta with their new flagship.

Battles were rather shit but I picked one anyway, that would be our elimination of the Cylon strike force at Saggitaron:

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
DAMN im good!.. can i still name my ship?
if so, i name it "SINAN" or "BOG OTAC" you chose

Sure thing, the Battlestar you get is already under production and I did not resume the campaign yet so you should get it very early in the next update. BOG OTAC will be your first battlestar as it sounds more epic. If you get a second one, it will be SINAN.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Looks like they added some worthwile content and improvements to the game since release.

Sign me up, please :salute:

I would like my battlestar to be named "Parrot". If I ever get a Jupiter call it "Hand of Khaine" or just "Khaine" if the former doesn´t fit.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Episode 4: Weapons of Mass Destruction

Previously on Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock...

The treacherous Canceran government is covering up Cylon abductions of prisoners.

Picon Fleet retreated from Helios Alpha to meet up with reinforcements due to sustained attrition. Without it Helios Alpha becomes a kitchen appliance store considering the number of toasters you can find there.

New Artemis class battlestars were deployed. The fleet suffers no losses of any ship over multiple engagements, yet the Cylon numbers do not seem to decrease.

Obligatory BSG flash-forward teaser montage showing the shape of things to come:

Some music:

zUGjjxm.png

There's a shitload of toasters in Alpha. Picon Fleet will need to get back there ASAP.

Also the tracherous banksters and lawyers of Libran left the quorum. Scorpia Fleet will need to take care of it.

BPKj1sd.png

Picon Fleet is reinforced with some Scorpia Fleet assets, among which is the Halsey. Its commander insisted on going "where all the bloody toasters are hiding", Fleet Command approved his request.

mpTCUtx.png

Jumps are plotted. Picon Fleet is rushed to go to Alpha as our quorum status is shit. We're either 2 or 3 defections away from toaster victory.

Scorpia Fleet will jump to that rock between gamma and delta. There it will meet up with some reinforcements to compensate for the ships transfered to Picon Fleet and make Scorpia Fleet stronger than ever before.

7QeVRjm.png

Picon Fleet encounters toasters near Cocalus while enroute to Alpha. Time for fireworks.

BATTLE FOR COCALUS

9nNhps4.png

Judging by the numbers this is another swarm of light ships. One new thing I noticed, they started deploying wardriver squadrons.

wJDOYtM.png

MercantileInterest commands a fleet of 7 ships, one artemis, 5 adamants and a manticore. To say we have more firepower is an understatement.

Cbd0KPX.png

The Halsey charges at the cylon ships, as always.

oKJjWC0.png

The toasters are also fielding heavy raiders now, they appear to be on a course straight for Codexia. Gotta shoot those down.

yMQkksc.png

Hwacha, one of our adamants, took a bit of a pounding and has to disengage.

UW6pFHi.png

Well, it was too late to disengage it seems. RIP Hwacha and its crew :salute:

gPKW6cj.png

Of course the toaster hack the frak out of the Halsey's fire control. Its commander curses, again.

iCKzt1r.png

The Codexia has been boarded by centurions!

bsg_razor3.jpg

Luckily for us MercantileInterest has the marine strength skill so it will not be that easy for them to take the ship over. Still, the crew is ordered to focus on repelling the boarding party first, shooting toaster ships second.

FAKogHK.png

This strategy works, the Centurions are now down to just a few units.

However the Qetesh reports internal damage.

gXAlmDC.png

Mulitples nemesis torpedo salvos finish it. :salute:

4FLGQXe.png

More Cylons jumping it. I think that if a Cylon fleet exceeds the 7 ship limit the rest jumps in, but I could be wrong.

UBjQBWS.png

The Halsey's crew managed to fix their firing control systems, they are ready to blow up the hackers.

Unfortunately now the former flagship of Picon Fleet, the Eos, is experiencing heavy Cylon fire.

tU7auoI.png

Oh no you chrome frakers, you are not destroying that ship!

E7wsgMD.png

The Eos manages to expose its still-armored side to the Cylons, thus narrowly surviving destruction. But how long can it survive?

57A9VNU.png

Long enough to see the closest Nemesis and Talon destroyed.

VVBwFiq.png

There is still one Talon left, the Halsey's commander orders the crew to fly under the Talon and fire at it with their rear gun. "Today is not a day when we ram the toasters lads!" - he tells them.

KuMkfNj.png

The Talon succumbs to colonial fire, Eos is safe.

nZKsrqR.png

It seems Picon Fleet is cursed. Every time it gets new ships it loses some more. This Cylon fleet was not particularly better armed than the others we faced with weaker colonial fleets. I guess the main reason for such losses was the number of Talons and their positioning. They could pound our Adamants with broadsides.

2PET5Z9.png

Azira gets his new flagship. The plan is to jump to Libran before the quorum is dissolved. We are down to 7 colonies still in the quorum.

y3JWOkF.png

tindrli gets a new flagship as well. He has the advantage of staying aboard the Daidalos anyway, but he needs a ship to protect it from Cylons. Also he is about to be involved in a story mission.

"It is difficult to obtain information from the ground. Saggitaron is refusing to let Colonial authorities enter its space, blaming Caprica and other quote imperialistic opressors end quote for this attack. Aerilon is more willing to cooperate, however the exact agent used is difficult to determine. What information the ship captains and FTL news couriers bring is very disturbing."

mFuR3cc.png

"The local navies were totally unprepared for the sudden appearance of Cylon forces in the orbit of both Aerilon and Saggitaron. The Cylons appear to have used new and more deadly weapons specialized in surface bombardment. Initial reports speak of a chemical agent which of course is no threat to the Cylons themselves. This is already called the worst atrocity to befall the colonies since the end of the nuclear warfare of the Imperial Wars between Leonis and Virgon a couple of decades ago."

- "Caprica News" reporting on the chemical attacks on Aerilon and Saggitaron.

I know the developers were on a budget, but they really should have hired an artist for a week to paint a cheap still or two and make it into a dramatic cutscene. This moment and also another one in the campaign really cry out for a cutscene. Sure I guess they were also tied up by red tape from Universal, as it is already confirmed that for example all the ship designs had to be vetted by Universal first (they are also canon, until the next reboot/continuity is released, which might happen soon of that new BSG movie makes it out of development hell).

Instead this is the storytelling we are treated with.

3oi8iFY.png

Well ok, this is just to show you we are engaging the story mission with Daidalos fleet. I meant this:

sHThTiS.png

Out of nowhere we learned shit happened in a mission briefing.

Oh and the rewards are dull, I will go over them later. We need to do this mission to progress to one giving better shit since this is linear anyway (apart from BA missions, which are just a kind of separate line, I think).

XJmsvv8.png

We also learn there is an embargo but we don't know why. It just seems like they had to cut out something or forgot to include it. Well Cottle, this guy is actually a character from the show and not a mere last name coincidence like Lucinda Cain or Helena Agathon. He will give some more exposition into why there is an embargo, but overall I think the writers could have done more lore dumps/exposition. Then again they had to deal with Universal I guess.

CHAPTER VI - CHEMICAL WARFARE*

*Slayer songs not included

oYXda7o.png

As I know this mission from my last playthrough last year when the game was released, which included a lot of swearing at it and multiple attempts to finish it, I already position my fleet in a way that should allow me to complete the objectives. Two adamants will stay behind and babysit both the Daidalos and the medical ships. The rest of the fleet will shoot the Cylon fleet full of holes with their mass drivers.

What is the objective? Protect transport ships from toasters for 7 turns. After that they should jump past the toasters in orbit and land to help the victims of chemical warfare.

P48hQuW.png

Yes Helena, I just saw that on the deployment screen.

EoDnwBr.png

How old was Cottle in the series anyway? He looks a bit too old here. Adama was barely old enough to join the fleet late in the war and this is set much earlier.

5mx1fwp.png

Ok, that was enough autism for this update regarding a TV show that ended over a decade ago. We have ships to protect.

You can see there are 3 of them. One is unluckily away from the other two and the two adamants I deployed to protect them. We need to get it there first and keep them far from the toaster main force.

aOt4tOB.png

The toasters luckily are far and our primary force with the BOG OTAC at its tip should keep the Cylons busy. They have a raider squadron going after the transports. The transports have 4 Viper mk. II wings already guarding them, but just in case I send a couple of squadrons from the other part of the fleet to shoot these Raiders out of the sky.

CNFEgoT.png

The Cylon fleet seems to be a pair of everything we have seen so far, besides the Cerastes (as it is a DLC ship). One Nemesis was already dead at this point and one Talon can be seen exploding.

tindrli orders the fleet to pound the closest Revenant.

HA1xU2L.png

An Artemis needs to disengage, Revenant guns are not to be ignored.

PwZ7H9r.png

As could be expected toasters jump in. Luckily I knew this would happen.

GdNqnn8.png

The one to the left is currently nowhere near anything apart from our main fleet group. It will get pounded like a passed out college girl at a friday frat party.

The other jumped next to the transports, but it is closer to the two Adamants guarding them then the actual ships. It will eat canon fire and missiles on the next turn :smug:

BjJPDAx.png

Ok, we survived, but Cottle's ship did not jump for some reason. Is he in league with the toasters?

X30hco3.png

No, he is in league with insubordination that will have Cain throw us out the airlock. Morally justified insubordination but this is not a good idea.

AEsi5Uk.png

We have to clear out the remaining toasters (go figure) to have Cottle jump to Gamma on his humanitarian mission that is likely to draw Cain's wrath. I hope that woman does not have a son in law.

mpM5Ckr.png

In any case at least the mission is done without any losses.

fvCHtNE.png

We get some explanation why Sagitarron is being a dick. The other being that Sagitarrons basically consider modern medicine heresy. Caprica filled in the imperialistic power vacuum left after Virgon and Leonis fought each other until their empires declined and fell apart, including installing puppets that would follow its agenda.

Regardless of Helena's plan, my plan is to go to Leonis first for the third BA mission. Because we also need to prevent it from defecting and get Virgon back in the fold or this will be a shorter LP than planned.

70QPMi4.png

We just finished a story mission and we really cannot have toasters besieging more shit in Alpha so I rush Picon Fleet's jump to Caprica. Caprica is the last colony in Alpha in the quorum. It was really stupid of me to just abandon it like that when there are four colonies there.

bNWHZ1O.png

Picon Fleet of course need more ships. A small detachment, including MercantileInterest's to-be flagship, is formed in Delta. This "Ark Flotilla" will travel to Alpha and serve as a ship reserve for Picon Fleet. I will also use it to train one of our officers. Hopefully it will not get blown up by Cylons while travelling through two uninhabited interstellar sectors.

m2Kw0am.png

Daidalos Fleet is repaired.

PtA2QC6.png

Scorpia Fleet jumped to Libran. Time to save the banksters, as much as I would rather not do that.

RST8zj9.png

At least we are getting paid for it.

STRIKE FLEET - HELIOS GAMMA, LIBRAN

4hn9Ndb.png

We don't know what ships the toasters have but they are firing torpedoes. Hopefully those are nemeses. BTW unlike guided missiles, torpedoes can be fired at unknown targets. Also you can have ships focus fire such targets and they will shoot at them if they are in the range of their guns.

BdZOzcD.png

Our vipers chase a raider wing straight between two Cerasteses. Not good but raiders those raiders are easily replaceable.

chd0K8F.png

Azira's fleet already lost one squadron and two berserks were way too close to Cylon guns. They need to disengage.

IQaEHym.png

We got two toasters hsip, but of course I frakked up...

QN9vNMl.png

...and one Berserk just barely collided with another destroying both ships!

There go our medium guns...

p5xJg5l.png

The remaining berserk is also too close to the toasters, luckily it managed to turn around to protect its weakened side.

gkGsM08.png

The loss of two ships is tragic, but those are just berserks. There is a small ship reserve stationed around Scorpia, it came with the Unsinkable II but was over Azira's current fleet point limit. So Azira will have a full fleet again soon.

pW6frb3.png

Meanwhile Picon Fleet is repaired at Caprica's orbital facilities after the last battle at Cocalus. You can see how many battle Codexia fought and how many kills it has.

Libran quickly rejoined the Quorum.

XBA31cn.png

Daidalos begins production of some new lighter vessels. Rangers in particular will be very useful.

aHiWox1.png

While our fleets spool up FTL drives for the next free jumps to go on the offensive again or regroup, toasters are unhappy that Libran just rejoined the quorum.

ATTACK ON LIBRAN

voMhg6v.png

We are down to four ships versus the Cylon six. We should be ok unless we have computer engineers fraking cylon spies in exchange for security codes.

LPltctG.png

Azira moves his fleet into position. We should have fighter superiority and more guns despite smaller numbers.

t13CSxM.png

The toasters don't frak around, before Azira can can react they fire some welcoming torpedoes. Some just barely miss the Unzen, some hit it.

r9UiKj2.png

The Unzen makes a hard turn right as it already lost all its left side plating.

FJLBooC.png

Meanwhile the Bern falls victim to Cylon hacking and some of its systems go down. I bet Hillary Clinton is behind this sabotage.

u36O7ny.png

Despite all of that the Unsinkable II just kept pounding and pounding at the toasters, as did our viper squadrons. Libran was saved with just some internal damage and crew wounds. Well ok, probably some vipers got shot down and their pilots died.

8AsX9ap.png

Promotion time, tindrli can get more juicy fleet points, which would mean he would be just 1000 away from the maximum limit.

fheBFzM.png

But I rather get more Tylium. Seriously, fleets spend most of their time around a colony and colonies with high morale give a lot of Tylium, especially if the Daidalos is present around one with an Economic Bonus. We need the Tylium more than we need another Adamant in Daidalos fleet.

ardMFLD.png

Azira raises his fleet point pool to 6000.

one9cxx.png

Grimgravy joins the fleet hailing from one Libran's Defense Corporations (read: mercenaries). He has had it with conference calls and yearly reviews asking him why his kill count is below the target, facing killer robots seems to him more appealing than such corporate nonsense.

For some reason he started at level 2 and with a higher fleet cap skill already. I guess this is because we got him from a secondary mission? I could swear I recruited him myself, he has the CIC skill which I recall I deliberately looked for. Maybe this is how the devs fixed the problem that plagued the release version. Initial fleet cap was very low (2000!) and it took a lot of time to raise it while the toasters just spawned doomstacks our of thin air, often 30-50% bigger than what you could field at the time.

jO9DvF5.png

Scorpia Fleet is reinforced with the before mentioned reserve which jumped from Scorpia to Libran.

This seems to be a very old Manticore, possibly the one we got for free in the start of the game.

FVgpYHn.png

With still more Tylium to spend and a free Daidalos dry-dock, construction on a new Artemis begins.

qLzXXVw.png

The Ark Flotilla is officially formed, Grimgravy takes command. His job is to get the Ark Yehudimzahav to Picon Fleet or die trying. He only has to go through two remote rocks out of sensor range, what could possibly go wrong?

If he survives this assignment, he will either command a secondary Alpha fleet or keep the peace in Beta. After such fleets are formed of course. At the moment he is basically leading reserve forces.
ANKlOXX.png

First lets get him bloodied a bit, maybe he will get enough exp to babysit a few more ships. The toasters around Phoebe have quite a few ships so it should translate into decent exp.

ATTACK ON PHOEBE

cB5Kg26.png

This battle is the colonial fleet debut of the Ranger class cruiser. However for now toasters are being a problem for one of our Admants. Grimgravy your job is to get these ships to Alpha, unless you want Cain to space you.

6LwhFar.png

The main features of the Ranger are its twin ordnance launchers. Not only can it fire two salvos, it can fire them once every two turns! Or you can fire from one launcher on one turn, from the other on the next and use suppressive fire to force the opposing fleet into defensive mode, ignoring your cannon fire or fighters (since his will be busy chasing missiles).

Also the fast Cerastes disengages with just barely any hull integrity left, lucky fraker!

Theia seems to be surviving but it has been hit badly.

Ip5Hhzl.png

And its gone. :salute:

Reinforcing Picon Fleet is cursed it seems.

zVeD15v.png

Toasters jump right on top of us.

OTVrkc2.png

It is a talon. Well, at least they will save us time on getting into firing range. Also I will have it eat missiles.

sTpZFcK.png

Our Ranger will use the toaster carrier for target practice. Also it seems to be its last salvo. This thing eats missile fast and is a sitting duck after that.

Another Adamant called the "Discovery" receives some internal damage, it has to disengage.

yGDREgy.png

The battle is won and Grimgravy earns a promotion.

oyeT00A.png

Some lighter ships are ordered to fill in the fleet point leftovers. Manticores are nice filler due to their ordnance slot and mobility.

uSgsdQ0.png

I forgot to mention. A small Cylon fleet was detected at Tauron. As Tauron is also no longer a quorum member this represented an excellent opportunity to persuade it to join back. Picon Fleet jumped to Tauron to save the dirteaters.

RAID AT TAURON

Z96pl49.png

800px-Cylon_virus_code.jpg

As usual the Halsey catches a shitload of malware. If I didn't know better I would say they were viewing online porn on fleet computers.

4WWbKcu.png

Toasters have some reinforcements. Let them come, the Halsey is not afraid of you toasters!

Y8sMEPE.png

Unfortunately fire control goes down on the Halsey, again. If you want to make a drinking out of this LP, here is one idea, one shot each time the cylons hack Halsey's fire control.

HqEMDCv.png

MercantileInterest has no time for pleasantries and starts pounding the Talon that just jumped in.

3d8JmcW.png

That talon is sending some chrome flies in our direction, time to swat them. Load up the flak rounds.

BSG_EPIC_Battle_Montage.gif

lHXqyiP.png

The other toasters are far from dead though, also it seems the Raiders dodged the flak field. And we have missiles flying in our general directions.

45Gu1FW.png

A second serving of flaks this time from the other side of the ship proves effective, the Raiders are now scrap.

jnOs4RC.png

Just some scratches on the plating and another promotion. Tauron is now secure, the Heracs regime can continue pretending it is not scared shitless of the toasters.

5EpnyIU.png

We are down to just three defections. The treacherous hockey and sushi lovers of Picon, the religious crazies of Gemenon and the tea-drinking crumpet eating fools from Virgon.

NDdIHrQ.png

BTW this is what the last story mission made available for procuring from the Colonies. These are fairly annoying in multiplayer, but they got nerfed and now the chaff does not last so long. Also they need to dock back to replenish it after a while.

Personally I think we can live without these.

WWOvwN2.png

This is basically and anti-missile missile. Quite frankly I rather just have more missiles to pound the enemy with as they are a good source of burst damage. The best defense is a good offense and all that.

falYqye.png

Scorpia fleet is going after a mission around Ophion, this one will be interesting.

But first the toasters engage Daidalos fleet which is en-route to Beta.

BATTLE FOR HELICON

KJDiK4i.png

I did not show you this earlier but apparently we could deploy proximity mines all the time. I guess this might be useful in some cases. I can imagine turning Rangers into minelayers could be good.

QQhUL0q.png

The enemy force is a fairly numerous toaster fleet.

L3b0nCp.png

But we have the BOG OTAC and a new ranger, both of which should quickly destroy the toasters.

NIn6kzU.png

The toasters of course send us some torpedoes. Live ones set to blow up on impact unfortunately.

hFOIb7W.png

They didn't do much and the Cylons are getting pounded.

8cF1tsG.png

Very light damage, Daidalos can continue to Leonis.

And now for the mission at Ophion.

pqN8InW.png

This is either new or I forgot about this the last time I played, separatists. Not necessarily toaster sympathizers but if they are against colonial fleet we don't care.

As a bonus we will get a new officer for free. I guess it will be baud

SEPERATISTS - HELIOS GAMMA, OPHION

EjxwcLD.png

Ophion looks like Jool from KSP with cloud belts and rings. I think they wanted to add rings to Kool in KSP, but as usual lack of time/resources/unity prevented them. Also it was novasilisko's idea and he quit after a while.

gYH75lz.png

Yes yes, lets blow them up.

JT8Y6Oj.png

And here it is, a mirror match! The separatists are naturally colonials so we will be facing colonial ships, all in the name of unity, freedom from toasters and caprican imperialism.

f0OBVl1.png

Of course Azira wants that ranger down ASAP, so the vipers are ordered to shoot it down.

XH70UBL.png

So far it looks like the SDU found a Ranger sale and just bough up the whole stock. Strangely these are not firing missiles yet, which is good. Otherwise it would hurt, a lot.

dwZMNNk.png

It seems the SDU found the section of the Ranger manual where it was described how to launch the missiles. Should have read the instructions earlier.

Le2KVn9.png

As they are aiming for the Unsinkable II Azira orders his crew to create a flak screen.

5J5Nw2L.png

Most missiles are stopped but some were already past the field when the flak shells started exploding.

GSHss9D.png

The Unsinkable II has took a lot of missile hits as it turned out the SDU Rangers are using suppression fire tactics, firing one salvo every turn continuously, while the other tube is reloaded. Internals are damaged Azira tells his crew to do anything they can to keep the ship together.

LH7taua.png

Despite turning the ship around the problem persists, Ranger missile fire is a bitch. Probably should have just had the flak field up the whole time. It may be called the unsinkable but technically you can't sink in space anyway, just blown to bits by toasters.

N276SDg.png

That pesky ranger managed to fire one last salvo before being blown up.

Ym5v2Ld.png

Fire flaks!

RxOoesA.png

After some chasing by the rest of the fleet and by the vipers, the last SDU ranger (they had only those) was destroyed.

eTFbcbm.png

Thanks to Azira caprican imperialism prevails and we get a free officer and resources from our caprican overlords and their saggitaron lapdogs. Also Azira avoids dying aboard the Unsinkable II.

htrD0te.png

Unfortunately we are not around a Colony so the repair bit after that last bit of colonial subjugation is high. Still it beats paying for a new Artemis so I pay it. We got a paycheck for our contribution to opressing Saggitaron after all, we can afford it.

o2SqFx0.png

MercantileInterest can now field 7000 point fleets.

zwEwVW7.png

Azira gets some shitty nav skill. Although maybe this actually increases fleet speed...

edhaXAR.png

Grimgravy gets the BSG: Deadlock equivalent of the "swift learner" perk. Still, this is a requirement to get the tylium bonus skill later on so we might take it.

fH3uxsO.png

Baud II joins the fleet. She is a an officer from Scorpia that enjoys big guns and big ships. What we will do with Baud? I do not know yet, we will see how the situation develops.

Nk7Ew7m.png

Another Ranger and a new Adamant are ordered.

5a77jHP.png

tindrli gets a new toy, his second Artemis. Since he is babysitting Daidalos he needs more fire power. I called it Sinnan instead of Sinan by accident. This will be changed in the future.

VKPRvei.png

Time for some much needed jumps. The Ark Flotilla will begin to move to Alpha through that rock where we had three battles.

Daidalos will take part in the third Broken Alliance side-campaign mission.

"The Leonid are a prideful people or to put it bluntly, arrogant. In Luminere, when socializing with the locals, be prepared to drink a lot of wine and endure long speeches about the glory of the old empire, the inferiority of other cultures and how they turned Virgon's landmarks into radioactive glass and rubble. They are the imperialistic scum of this universe and deserve to rot in hades along with the capricans and virgonese who are no better."

- "Revolutionary's Memoirs" by Adam Veste of the "Tawa Tigers" insurgent group of Saggitaron.

Z7UW2fn.png

Well, Leonis and Virgon sure haven't been fucking around during the Imperial Wars. It was a more civilized and prestigious time, when the captains from both of those colonies would just swing at each other with Janus class cruisers until one of them got bored and launched a nuke.

I like this briefing, this and the one for the previous BA mission gave us some more insight into the setting and its history. Well, the very first mission at Aquaria supposedly also did, but Kyros Summerfest is not that interesting compared to prisons, indentured service and imperial nuclear war.

Oh and of course what does this mission give us? Motherfraking Assault Raptors. No more will we poke capital ships with thousands of small cannon rounds, we'll have squadrons of strikecraft armed with missiles. Of course, they will need fighter support but we will get to that.

nX8mAB2.png

So as you can see Leonis and Virgon have major issues, centuries of imperialistic warfare mixed together with some recent nuclear exchanges tends to do that to diplomatic relations. Virgon intelligence knows of a terror plot, but of course Leonis might not react well if they approach them directly, especially considering the nature of the event. So Colonial fleet needs to act as a neutral party and stop the plot, whatever it is.

BROKEN ALLIANCE 3 - MISSILE COMMAND

JMVKrpH.png

So far so good.

YCzkJEV.png

There are four civilian ships in the area which I can order around. Gee, what are the odds we'll need to save them from something in a turn or two?

vlU98Gs.png

ZaeLxhT.png

Helena has no appreciation of proper monocled warships.

TsyLM5v.png

FYI we will be able to build Janus Cruisers at some point in the campaign. They were added with the first DLC.

3NfnmQu.png

Uh oh, they were not supposed to do that.

uvxD1Hc.png

Now we know what the plot was.

iO4X7tv.png

This is how you justify preventing the player from doing it the easy way. Luckily they only have torpedoes, so I just need to have the civilian ships zig-zag while changing elevation.

jyurhZB.png

Of course suddenly Cylons jumped in, although this makes little sense. If they wanted to pit Leonis and Virgon against each other they should try to keep up the ruse, by jumping here they kind of admit it is their fault. Would have gladly fought a mirror match against a compromised Leonid fleet.

e7JnmmP.png

A Revenant shows up, it will need to be destroyed first.

One thing that needs to be kept in mind when using Rangers, keep them with a clear line of sight to the intended targets and far from the enemy. I personally keep them above the rest of my fleet. That way you avoid friendly fire.

0uWY1SG.png

The shell is cracked, time to demolish the insides. The Rangers missiles are really good for such things. If I equipped torpedoes on it it would be even better.

YJUGc6c.png

Its nearly down but there is a second one in the back. Luckily the ranger will be ready to fire missiles again soon.

B0djlVf.png

Meanwhile the civilians play torpedo dodging.

0FVUfq3.png

Two of our Adamants got hit hard by the heavy guns of the Revenants. One is already disengaging, the other needs to do it now.

Tc38RAZ.png

And we encounter our first Phobos. This is a Tech Cruiser added in the first DLC, which means it is the heaviest Cylon ship capable of hacking our systems similar to the nemesis and also armed with one ordnance slot. But it is much more than just a bigger Nemesis, in addition to more armor it has one strikecraft slot (you will see this a lot on Cylon ships, nearly everything is a carrier). Most importantly it has major advantage that at best only one other ship (also Cylon, unless they removed the ability before release) has. It has a tactical FTL drive, it can jump during tactical battles around the map. This makes it potentially very dangerous as it can jump and flank your battlestar. Also the hacking is supposed to be stronger than on the Nemesis.

ukGRCj0.png

Turns out there are two of these, we want them gone.

ySMEvva.png

The Cylons also field another new ship, the Hades. The Hades is an analogue to the Celestra, the key difference being Cylons can repair hull and not just plating (and superficially at that). It also acts as a tactical network hub coordinating Cylon missile strikes of nearby ships which translates to more missile damage.

yNU4FaR.png

The Khepri adamant has almost no armor left, well none at most of its surface actually which is bad.

vyjgqHT.png

Luckily the toasters don't jump in any more ships, the day is saved. The Leonid can now celebrate the nuclear holocaust of their rivals in peace.

b7FbOc7.png

cicn2xd.png

I wonder if this will lead anywhere or if this is just a reference to the mission rewards.

sc5AHKa.png

Assualt Raptors unlocked, this is what I meant with a ship missing from both the base game and the base BSG board game.

Scorpia is besieged and Alpha is swarming with toasters.

VnbeCxx.png

We will lose Caprica soon.

wA7s6iF.png

"Paiint target"? Wonder how that works. Also look how much RP we have accumulated, probably because I am not spending it on promoting officers.

w4vKeML.png

We finally get torpedoes, our Rangers will become more deadly.

PDxBkL3.png

Lets see how useful these ships are.

N5vMIzK.png

Scorpia needs to protected, Scorpia Fleet (obviously) jumps to intervene.

In Alpha it is noticed the toasters have two weak fleets at Picon. Time to liberate the hosers.

wCntbqe.png

Now tindrli can lead larger fleets.

RSEcvn8.png

Two new battlestars are ordered.

The goals for the near future are pretty clear. Alpha needs to be secured, in Beta a fleet needs to stabilize Virgon and Scorpia fleet will hopefully engage the story mission at Saggitaron once it pops the Cylon moles from Scorpia.

As for the battle replay, techncially there were a lot of good battles this time around (although the toasters keep fielding shit light ships), but the autocam really fucked up with the footage. In the end have this replay of the third BA mission:

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
yes fuck those antimissile missile.. damn must work and i just saw that my group was intercepted.. will read later.. aaaaand my fleet is kicking some serious butts here so im happy

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
bsg_razor3.jpg

If the colonies built these walking vacuum cleaners for twelve years before the rebellion, there can't be anywhere near so many as the 20 billion-ish colonials. On the other hand, they can probably build new waffle-irons faster than humans can reproduce and mature. This means the best Cylon genocide strategy should involve fleeing to uncharted systems, manufacturing a numberless metallic legion and then returning to massacre all manling scum.

Instead, they're tinkering around with how to turn themselves into organics. Useless.

I think that is what they mostly did, only they were impatient because the plot demanded it. With inferior numbers but superior FTL tech and not being limited by human biology they could wage a very obnoxious war of attrition, due to being able to make more weapons pretty much anywhere with an energy and tylium source. The colonials can't scout out every system for a toaster outpost. Good luck finding a raider factory hidden in some lavatube on the surface of random gas giant moon 3999. Shipyards are harder, but they could also pull a Daidalos and just jump it whenever it is discovered to a another remote location.

Personally if I was a Cylon I would just find some rocks full of uranium a few light years away from colonial space, mine the shit out of them and mass produce FTL nukes, jumping them to the colonies as soon as they are done and detonating them over strategic targets. Do that over the course of months or years. After their farming worlds are mostly ash you would have famine. Civilians and industries would be crippled by nuclear winter. You would just send the occasional raiding and scouting party to check if it is time to finish off the colonials or not, also inflicting losses on their orbital farms and industry. Eventually civilization would collapse along with the industrial supply chain and only toasters would remain.

Either that or the colonials would start living underground like moles, moving all their agriculture and industry there.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Episode 5: Between the hammer and the anvil

Previously on Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock...

tindrli helps protect a most monocled historical celebration of Leonis, the anniversary of them nuking Virgon's major landmark. He gets to meet actual royalty from a declining monarchy as well!

Saggitarron and Aerilon are attacked from orbit with Cylon chemical weapon.

MercantileInterest and Picon Fleet return to Helios Alpha end begin evicting some chrome squatters from the system.

The Cylon legions of Nemesis and Talon class ships seem to have no end.

Some music:

P9E4f8J.png

The planed strikes against Cylon forces around Scorpia and Picon commence. However the cylons also jumped to Leonis and are after Daidalos. Clearly they have a deathwish as tindrli knows no mercy towards toasters.

BATTLE FOR LEONIS

3qeDZEE.png

As Daidalos is present in the fleet it is possible to swap out the basic free squadrons and munitions for other kinds at no cost. I use this opportunity to get 3 Assault Raptor squadrons and two torpedo slots on our Ranger.

yK5ovr0.png

The Cylons are cheating here as they have 8 ships deployed. Well ok, now there is an 8th support slot. But I can guarantee you they have no Hades support craft deployed.

SBHoaHO.png

The new torpedoes are tested on an unlucky Talon. While torpedoes are unguided and fly in a straight line the game does indeed lead the target and aim at its expected position.

ezmzGdW.png

The fraker gets hit by all 20 torpedoes.

I4yjPNE.png

Assault Raptors engage the enemy. There is a decent number of enemy raiders in the area which the vipers have not shot down yet.
They have a limited supply of short-range missiles that can be replenished if they dock back with their mothership.

DRKqcoX.png

The ARPs as they are called can also paint a target with lazors or something, making it easier to hit by other ships.

65Oy9U8.png

The engagement range quickly shrinks with both fleets in spitting distance of each other. An Adamant is losing armor fast.

r8kt4vi.png

The damage becomes severe, however the Cylons suffer great losses.

KD6dQNP.png

Daidalos is safe for now. Time to liberate some colonies.

“Sometimes I wonder if we ditched that place because of the cold or because of the sea food. Personally I loathed both the bloody sushi and the bloody snow.”

“Royal Marine’s Journal“ by Alexander Oldford, reminiscing on his departure from Picon after Virgon granted it independence.

RAID AT PICON

XB7zNNO.png

With superior fleet tonnage it was a no-brainer to engage the toasters here. Technically there are two fleets around Picon but we can only engage one.

dXxNWZS.png

Yet another fleet of talons and nemeses... All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again...

vVI2KOu.png

The Cylons flee as they are terrified of Picon Fleet's raw firepower. :smug:

yphlf7M.png

Of course the Halsey has its fire control hacked.

XIYOfle.png

Unfortunately for the toasters, the other ships were not hacked by them.

AR45TFa.png

I forgot to screenshot the post-battle summary but it was an easy victory. Time for Scorpia.

SIEGE OF SCORPIA

tBe30jP.png

Azira moves his fleet close before ordering vipers to engage the hostiles.

Ahl8CKe.png

The toasters have 4 raider squadrons which means it will be a while before space superiority is secured by the squadrons of Scorpia Fleet.

b2VZZy2.png

Enemy Cerasteses murder one of our Viper wings :salute:

EF3fmDz.png

Despite being composed of light ships the Cylon force has quite a bit of firepower and the Unsinkable II reports major plating damage on one of its sides.

cOtyZjq.png

The Cylons must really hate Azira as his flagship now losses all armor on the other side...

gsCi8HW.png

Meanwhile his only Manticore also has to change its orientation to avoid strikes at its weakened left side.
However there is just one toaster ship remaining.

QAhRVSV.png

And it is gone.

qfNqxYe.png

There is a fair amount of battle damage to repair in Scorpia Fleet, but of course Scorpia has the best orbital shipyard around so this is not such a big problem.

HKv0Y6N.png

A new Adamant is ordered.

VgFR5iz.png

There are some toasters left only at Caprica and Picon as far as the 12 Colonies are concerned. Quorum status is good with only Gemenon refusing to get back on board with the Quorum.

oLHcS46.png

Picon Fleet does some ad-hoc repairs and prepares to annihilate the second Cylon force near Picon.

RAID AT PICON

2HSTf9p.png

As the enemy force is reported to be very small and weak by fleet intelligence, vipers are ordered to swarm the toasters and get rid of the frakers ASAP.

hz7YRTz.png

Guess what the Nemeses hacked this time? The Halsey's fire control.

xqu17vy.png

And boom, no more toasters.

uud8978.png

Picon is liberated. The first order of business is to execute the treacherous toaster-lovers promoting peace with the Cylons.

j4jKUIq.png

Meanwhile toasters jump to Tauron. This is how Sisyphus must have felt.

1fk6y4h.png

As Leonis grants us lower FTL spool times, Picon fleet rushes a jump.

N3Z7S88.png

However the toaster also attack the Ark Flotilla at Gortyn.

ATTACK ON GORTYN

V4xES7G.png

Grimgravy is face with a cylon force eager to cripple the Ark with torpedoes and mass driver slugs.

w1WKKxJ.png

And the toasters are somewhat successful.

KE9rxJI.png

Despite their fleet being inferior, must be that extra processing power.

LYcbhZj.png

Of course more of them jump in.

WGa63WS.png

Grimgravy now flies a battered Artemis, which BTW was supposed to be delivered in one piece to Picon Fleet in Alpha. Get your shit together bro, we need that ship!

FVSYri7.png

Luckily it still has frontal and top armor. By lowering its relative position againt the Cylons it should be able to avoid internal damage and still fire at the toasters with top batteries and the main artillery guns.

AK4GA47.png

This seems to have worked and the Cylons are dropping like chromed flies.

B2ugf08.png

Another toaster ship jumps in. Where do these guys keep from? Oh yes, I forgot, somewhere outside of Cyrannus...

FBDz86x.png

Well, they better explode soon or the Ark will not make it to Picon Fleet and MercantileInterest will be angry. And Grimgravy dead.

Dptud6x.png

The Vanguard cruiser (ranger class) has a lock on this Nemesis still firing at the Ark.

clZGsM2.png

The nemesis explodes following a couple seconds of cannon fire and two missile salvos.

pwsHmqM.png

Surprisingly little hull damage to the Ark considering how much plating it lost.

PqOXr4y.png

Time to liberate the dirt-eaters again.

RAID AT TAURON

zPJrkMP.png

It seems now the Cylons hate Codexia and launch missiles at it. Declinist frakers :X

Hu0JXFX.png

A flak screen is deployed and destroys their munitions.

gsNJ9JJ.png

No way past that toaster rockets!

TIQ1k3O.png

Picon Fleet retaliates with great vengeance and lots of gun fire.

8QXrKMO.png

More toasters want to get blown up, let them come.

cgjhwWc.png

We don't know what it is but there are only two options. Another Nemesis or a Phobos. I am betting on a Nemesis.

d3lYGJx.png

It was a Nemesis. Mission Accomplished.

ltWg2oG.png

Apparently Gemenon changed its mind and its back on the quorum. Our recent toaster stomping in Alpha helped. For the first time since the very beginning, we have a full Quorum.

In other news the Ark Flotilla just jumped one rock closer to Alpha. It is badly damaged and repairing the Ark in middle of nowhere is prohibitively expensive. Azira's fleet prepares a jump to Saggitaron for a story mission.

ajB5VNj.png

First however toasters attack us at Tauron and the battle name is the same as last time (the game should keep count and add numerals at the end or something).

Well, as they say, all of this has happened before...

RAID AT TAURON

WLZ0BAi.png

Four toaster ships on DRADIS, lets hope we don't run out of ammo.

bMZicFz.png

Well frak me, a Revenant in a random fleet! About fraking time!

pIagucB.png

An order is given from aboard the Codexia. "Launch all missiles at the Revenant!"

ZUnWNjc.png

We'll see how he likes that.

qRgENz9.png

Those ships cannot be underestimated. We barely got an ID on it and launched missiles and the Codexia already has some considerable damage on its side.

PZoNQd9.png

Codexia may have had to turn around but the rest of Picon Fleet finished the Revenant off.

bteLeZd.png

Of course there is a Cerastes around so we lost a Viper wing. Those things are nice.

bTJ5aDV.png

Picon Fleet wins once again.

RAID AT KNOSSOS

KvCXtEF.png

The badly damaged Ark Flotilla is enagged by a 2000 point Cylon fleet. I hoped they would get one turn of rest and would rush a jump after that but no, the toasters are like sharks and damaged vessels are their bleeding seals.

The Ark needs to stay in the back or it will be a very short fight for it. Luckily even badly damaged it has two viper wings and a missile tube which it can use from a safe distance.

QwUPOqR.png

Our Adamants are also slightly damaged.

U9Z5XRB.png

The toasters try to scuttle the Ark with missiles, luckily Grimgravy had enough time to order flaks to be fired.

Bdleftd.png

TOASTERS JUMPED RIGHT ON TOP OF US!

rtAzEbc.png

The Ark retreats, hopefully getting hit only in the rear armor, which is the last one it still has.

yIpayLO.png

The jumper was a Nemesis it decides not to bother with the Ark. However a sneaky Talon really wants to blow it up.

Unfortunately for it it has a Ranger on top of it, it eats missiles and guns (apparently the ranger has very decent guns, just paper armor).

DNV5TMm.png

The Ark receive light internal damage. Hopefully it will be able to jump soon to safety.

Rsm93Xz.png

And now for some story missions.

"If there is one place that could be called the whipping boy of the Colonies it is Sagittaron. Virgon and Leonis often traded places in who exploited the locals. After those Colonies nuked each other to the point they got bored of imperialism, Caprica came in and installed a puppet government. I don't know if these guys enjoy a dick in the rear as much as I do, but they should learn to do so after such a history imperialistic ass-fraking. Meanwhile the locals are so miserable they even ban signing and dancing by law, just to continue being miserable. And to be even more miserable they reject a lot of modern science and medicine on religious grounds, dying or seeing their friends and relatives die of treatable diseases because the gods will it. It is surprising that their pastime of choice somehow is not suicide."

- "Fabio's Fabulous Guide to Colonial Travel" by John "Fabulous Fabio" Troy, a caprican "lifestyle" expert

1OAFzRb.png

Yeah, so time to get around that embargo. We get a new ship type for this. Well, after paying the RP for the blueprints.

fVTHBaN.png

Stop attempting to be funny Helena, your humour might end up having a higher kill count than the toasters.

CHAPTER 7: SAGITTARON

HPkB7ry.png

There are currently five ships in the area one if which is right next to the deployment zone. Let's blast it fast and then focus on the rest.

XOTTX29.png

Yes, we still have eyes, no need to state the obvious.

P5cQokn.png

New toaster ships. This thing is meant to bombard planets.

kkBxKAE.png

Who cares about Sagittarans? Aren't they too busy getting gassed by toasters?

rqwUlp6.png

Yeah, so about this new ship. This is the Arachne class, contrary to what might spring to mind after Sinon's analysis these are not equivalents of the Ranger class. I do not remember if they have one or two ordnance slots, but these things are actually closer to battlestars. That is they are hybrids, they have some nasty (to be on the receiving end) guns, missiles and even a single strikecraft slot. Plus decent armor.

Which is why these things are on my shitlist of ships I hate to face. Combined with Revenants they make really deadly fleets, especially when the Cylons load them with torpedoes. Its mostly because unlike the other Cylons ships, the Revenant and Arachne have good guns which shred armor. Missiles and fighters you can negate fully if you are smart, guns cannot be stopped if they are in range of your ships.

xh0WAMy.png

Azira commands Scorpia Fleet to dispose of this fraker before it does any major damage.

i9b66L4.png

Just to annoy Azira more, the Arachne launches a Heavy Raider with a boarding party. Luckily we have vipers in the air.

ApGWFxK.png

The unidentified cylons are already firing on us. From the projectiles and range I can already say these will be some ships I hate to face.

iVkAhkY.png

It is another Arachne and a Revenant. Oh and they just shredded the Unsinkable II's right armor so it is taking internal damage.

NmKpADN.png

Azira's flagship turns around to shield its weak side from enemy fire. The enemy Arachne is focused by colonial missiled.

OphcTVQ.png

The Arachne is down but the Revenant still lives. Azira needs to make a hard turn right, however his left side has already sustained some damage.

yT5bDiJ.png

Yeah, this explains where that other damage is coming from. There is another Revenant here.

3z8d5oC.png

And we have more guests to this party. As if the rough ass-fraking we're getting currently was just foreplay!

OA3cyuX.png

Yeah, now we know what SDU stands for. Apparently we are worst colonial, remove.. uh... space burger (I guess?) from premises, Sagitarron greatest colony.

Cain has a low tolerance for such bullshit and orders us to just kill them if they get in the way.

6vlcNWm.png

Emergency klaxons wail aboard the Unsinkable II. The ship is barely holding. Azira attempts to direct the incoming fire at the frontal armor plating.

Be9Ps76.png

But it is hopeless, too many Cylons around firing from too many directions. With one stray shot the munitions storage is hit and explosions trigger other explosions in rapid succession. Soon the hull splits into fragments with the crew turned into a mangled pulp of flesh and debris.

Azira goes down with his ship, it is a black day for Colonial Fleet and Scorpia Fleet in particular. RIP Commander :salute:

Well, the ship was unsinkable, just not un-explodable.

ZWVYQZq.png

With their last burst of cannon fire they manage to finish of the Revenant responsible for this, but still another one remains.

NU9OAtg.png

The SDU forces jumped to the other side of the Cylon forces. They seem to be as eager to remove toaster from premises and space burger. Unfortunately torpedoes hitting the opposite side of the Revenant do not help us a lot. But at least they are not hitting us.

8ntnVg0.png

The acting commander of Scorpia Fleet, still shocked by the death of Azira, orders the ships to retreat and let the SDU take care of the toasters.

FdCCB6F.png

The Revenant however is not so fond of the SDU and prefers our adamants. One is already suffering from hull damage.

N5qLVif.png

The fleet tries to distance itself and hopes that the cylons and SDU will grind each other down.

Y9RoobV.png

The second revenant finally goes down. Now we have nemeses and SDU to worry about. Also their vipers are engaging our vipers.

3vFMLsq.png

The SDU fleet is just two adamants and two manticores. Which means they can fire 4 missile salvos.

The acting commander decides to rely on superior range and vipers achieving space superiority.

h3zYv6z.png

The Cylons have one Nemesis which troll the SDU forces a bit. This is good. Scorpia Fleet focuses on taking out the manticores first.

There is also another nemesis but it is close to exploding.

pIB2Md7.png

And it is gone, but our Adamants suffer from serious damage.

S62hQpI.png

That serious damage.

Kcd3ZVl.png

The SDU adamant fire missiles at our Kern adamant. The Kern's commander make a hard right turn and tries to block the impact with his ship's rear armor.

6idz9Vd.png

Unfortunately he still had SDU guns firing at him. RIP Kern :salute:

The Unzen is using what little right-side plating it has to stop another SDU salvo.

u6IWzDl.png

SDU continues to target the Unzen. However the distance the missiles need to cover is big so there is a chance to turn the ship to take the hit in the rear.

TzGXm61.png

The Unzen manages to survive long enough for our Manticore, Vipers and the Berserk to finish off that SDU ship. However more missile fly in its direction, that rear armor cannot hold forever.

en87Q2P.png

One last SDU Adamant is left. It keeps firing guided missiles at the Unzen...

hNLBJcI.png

The Unzen has some cardboard at it rear still left.

1TJRcB2.png

Luckily the vipers finish the job.

VOFoCmm.png

I think Azira agrees Doc Cottle :troll:

ax1uUg7.png

With this bit of squabbling over we need to take care of more pressing issues, such us defending colonies from toasters.

696D94d.png

Apart from a toaster fleet at Zeus the board is clean. There is probably a bunch of them hiding in the interstellar zones.

Now, about the Minotaur class...

ya9vn9M.png

Aerilon contributed this straightforward design. This ship has guns and armor and nothing else really. If you need raw broadside firepower this is the somewhat cheap filler you need. Artemises are probably more economic overall (two squadrons is a lot), but the Minotaur is something you can send at Revenants and not worry much if it gets blown up. Unlike Azira aboard the Unsinkable II.

967NBPC.png

It costs slightly above half of an Artemis. We get one for now, more later on. BTW the ship used to be rather weak but it and the Artemis got buffs shortly after release to their cannon accuracy.

5Gd2ky0.png

Bravely looking to the future is our new officer, he will be officially refereed to by the handle Bravely because that is a mouthful.

nVr5mmd.png

Scorpia Fleet really got pounded.

Q6g4gLS.png

Luka-boy will now lead Scorpia Fleet. The question is when it will be reinforced, that might not be so soon.

bB3cU2S.png

Bravely gets to babysit two new Artemises and an Adamant. If he is lucky he might survive the journey to Gamma, assuming sending the ships there will be strategically more important then deploying them elsewhere. For the moment the fleet will be called Leonis Fleet and I might actually move Daidalos closer to Gamma.

KbcfBYH.png

The Ark Flotilla is still chilling around Knossos. 246 tylium is just too much to pay. There is a risk Cylons attack it again, but FTL drives are already recharged a bit and we have the Tylium to do an emergency jump.

QjGwDk5.png

The situation looks good. The plan for now is to repair the Ark Flotilla, after it jumps to Picon Fleet's position. Reinforce Scorpia Fleet if possible. Move Daidalos to the next story mission (I think it will be on Libran) or BA mission depending which will be closer.

The best battle goes to Chapter 7, it could have went better if I remembered that SDU will jump in. But then again I am not sure if even if I kept a distance with the toasters that they wouldn't chase me and be too far from the SDU.

Hellraiser

Arcane
The latest update´s pics don't even load for me. I only get a bunch of
The same for me, but left clicking on each

The raw BB code looks ok, I also got this issue when I did this just now. I saved the post again with no changes and it works.

My hypothesis is that imgur is being shit and/or there are too many images.

The next update will be on the next page anyway.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The latest update´s pics don't even load for me. I only get a bunch of
The same for me, but left clicking on each

The raw BB code looks ok, I also got this issue when I did this just now. I saved the post again with no changes and it works.

My hypothesis is that imgur is being shit and/or there are too many images.

The next update will be on the next page anyway.

I think it's a page size problem, according to chrome devtools, opening page 2 of the LP took more than 500 MB of data transfer (after clearing the cache). Perhaps resizing the pictures might help.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Episode 6: The Helios Alpha Escalation

Previously on Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock

Azira realized being on an unsinkable ship in space does not allow him to face two Revenant and an Arachne head on.

Picon Fleet is slowly taking back Helios Alpha.

A Revenant class Cylon ship was sighted in a random Cylons fleet, could the conflict be escalating?

Grimgravy tries moving a small fleet with reinforcements to Helios Alpha. The Artemis class Battlestar Ark Yehudimzahav from which he commands his flotilla is badly damaged but survives two engagements, despite a lack of repair in deep interstellar space.

Obligatory flashforward sequence:

Some music:

rFhUVGg.png

Guess what, the toasters hate Grimgravy and the Ark Yehudimzahav Battlestar. They attack the flotilla at Knossos, again.

Grimgravy claims he has a destiny to fullfill. He starts acting strangely, talking to himself as if seeing people who are not there.

ATTACK ON KNOSSOS

PUGLdQK.png

Well yeah, the only armor left on that Artemis is in the rear, on the top and at the bottom. It is very difficult to direct shots at the top and bottom plating, so we will need to be careful here.

KTA2RVK.png

The toasters have 7 ships which appear to be light ships at first glance. The cylon fleet is 3950 fleet points.

vn3lFmz.png

Incoming Heavy Raiders! The frakers are making a run for the Ark which is at a safe distance behind our line of ships.

0G0XvId.png

There is also another problem. The Cylons are deploying Wardriver drones. Those guys, like the Colonial raptors, got some new support abbilities in the last patch.

One is that they reduce enemy ship accuracy using jamming in an area around them.

The other is that the same jamming can divert some of the opponents guided missiles back at his fleet. In this case the salvos from our Ranger are now flying towards the Ark instead of the toasters!

ZjxPmF9.png

Well, at least it has flaks. Two or three missiles somehow got past them but the rest got destroyed by the flak field.

bAbPdkW.png

The Kirthar took some heavy damaged as Talon broadside guns got in range of it. The Cylons try to close the gap and aim for the Ark. One would think we are 50 years ahead in the timeline and they are chasing the Galactica...

Also some centurions boarded the Ark, but they are badly outnumbered by our Marines.

tRbhV8z.png

:salute: Kirthar, you gave your lives to save the Colonies and the Ark :salute:

bKYsMNJ.png

The Vanguard's commander does some aggressive maneuvers aiming to fire as much at the toasters as he can. The ship's plating looks like cheese.

ENStSXQ.png

The Vangaurd goes down, depriving the Ark flotilla of its sole Ranger cruiser. :salute:

The two remaining Adamants and the Ark try to finish off the toasters.

zIsB8uA.png

They succeed, it was a bloody battle. But the flotilla is just one jump away from Helios Alpha and civilization.

QbqtB3I.png

The repair bill this deep in space in 299 tylium. While officers suggest field repairs, Grimgravy claims that he and the flotilla have a destiny to fulfil. The crew is puzzled by this but out of loyalty and respect for his tactical prowess they follow his orders.

qqxeRF1.png

FTL drives are spooled, a jump is plotted to Tauron where Picon Fleet is stationed.

t9kQcl4.png

Luckily the Cylons are silent for a while. The Ark Flotilla makes it to Tauron and begins repairs.

czvzF4G.png

Alpha is being fraked with a long chrome robotic cock. Picon Fleet, assuming no ships are lost, should be able to wipe out all three of these ~5000 point toaster fleets. Assuming more toasters do no jump.

However there is a better idea. We need tylium and getting a lot is in our reach. There is a secondary mission on Gemenon, let's do it.

kf7vAVB.png

Pretty simple, protect the freighter, blow up toasters. How hard can it be? Let's go to Gemenon.

“Why is anyone concerned with bloody cults kidnapping their family members or teens running away to join cults? All of them end up on bloody Gemenon anyway. Just go there, land in Oranu and buy a map from the nearest tourist kiosk. Next visit all nearby settlements mentioned on the map that have names that sound as if someone was stoned on chamalla. They would find the bird in a week.”

“Royal Marine’s Journal“ by Alexander Oldford, commenting on the media craze surrounding the disappearance of Alice Goldworth during his time on Picon

3efbFiL.png

Well, the freighter is closer to toasters than us. That is not good. We will have to boost thrusters.

6VgPLhH.png

The toasters get some pot shots at the freighter but MercantileInterest manages to move his fleet between it and the cylons. Time to scrap some toasters.

7zOJpjh.png

The Cylon force is mostly talons and one revenant it seems. Picon Fleet unleashes its missiles at the Revenant as soon as it is identified.

The freighter sustains light damage.

7zOJpjh.png

The cylons still have guns in range of the freighter, it is getting hit more and more...

STBavyo.png

Fly faster you fraking brick!

Talons rush straight into our formation, they really want this freighter shot down.

QoFYoUR.png

And it is gone.

3mchkYH.png

Well that was a waste of time. At least we didn't lose any ships. On the upside we are at Gemenon, so now we can bring it back into the fold as it was kind of on the edge of defecting and staying in the quorum.

pB8jJJL.png

Some new ships are ordered.

TBumW8L.png

Frak! I forgot to mention, Daidalos Fleet sent some new ships to join up with Grimgravy at Tauron and build a proper fleet around him. Unfortunately the toasters jumped there at the same time.

Now we face a difficult choice. Who will die. Unfortunately there is only one valid choice here...

90INISj.png

Grimgravy decides to act as bait, he claims it is destiny. There is no Tylium to retreat him, also I finally figured out how to retreat! They did add this in a patch after all. Sorry bro, you need to give your life away so that more expensive ships survive, it was the only way. :salute:

dDPBKBf.png

There is not much a single Adamant can do against a Talons and two Revenants. Grimgravy tries, but it is all just stalling so that the other ships have some more time for jump preparation.

LbHvWFC.png

8hrpbak.png

:salute: You now join baud and Azira on the fields of Elysium :salute:

DM6Xdtm.png

There are now even more toasters in Alpha than before! tindrli is ordered to jump Daidalos to Alpha and clean up this mess as soon as the drives are spooled up.

Unfortunately this means it will take him longer to get to Libran and do the fraking story mission :decline:

Luckily there is a BA mission at Persephone (a dead rock in Alpha), we might do that to raise some Tylium for our war effort.

az4rAYJ.png

Leonis is attacked by Cylons. Leonis Fleet will remove this toaster force from the system.

yiKl95G.png

Bravely leads the defense of Leonis, the wine drinking nuke enthusiasts can remain calm as the Cylon force is inferior in firepower to our. We have two Artemises and one Adamant here

9a5WDy1.png

With five wings of vipers unleashed on the toasters along with a lot of cannons, the Cylons are being shredded to pieces.

o35VsmS.png

Also I need to rename these battlestars, I forgot to do this.

CT0gMRE.png

Bravely secures Leonid freedom. A great day for humanity.

zOCG5bq.png

Now Scorpia is under siege. Scorpia Fleet is in no position to take on the much larger 4600 point toaster fleet.

There are 3 doomstacks in Alpha. One around Caprica, two around Tauron, one at Persephone. The small fleet is at Caprica.

evTeAbt.png

Our fleets need more ships.

ijtyeom.png

The spare ships, such as those that Grimgravy sacrificed himself for, have been ordered to rendezvous at Gemenon and form a new fleet. baud II will take command.

61DKD76.png

A coordinated offensive is ordered. Daidalos will remove the two big fleets at Tauron. Picon Fleet will liberate our Caprican Overlords.

OPERATION CAPRICA

DKJpBbA.png

Of course the AI puts the weakest fleet (or maybe it picks them by order in which they arrived?) which I hoped to use to feed exp to Gemenon Fleet. Oh well.

6kl8RjF.png

Time to get ass fraked toasters.

eG3Grun.png

It was a very one-sided battle.

OPERATION TAURON

2Hst6Kn.png

tindrli doesn't like the mere fact toasters appear on DRADIS, he orders his ranger to fire torpedoes.

430XKCf.png

The rest of the fleet also unleashes a storm of missiles at the toasters. So far they seem to have only light ships.

GDNUJOm.png

Well, that was easy.

deOwcMz.png

Currently Picon and Virgon are refusing to fight the toasters with us. Gamma is the real problem though, no way we can do anything about Scorpia so both it and Libran will lose morale.

lMwAFFA.png

The offensive in Alpha is not over yet. The toasters have a doomstack around Caprica and Tauron currently, which means our fleets there will fight them. Luckily they can be repaired first. A third doomstack is at Zeus, but it is not a problem at the moment.

jNCD00U.png

We need more ships.

Rlx7UIm.png

tindrli will continue the Tauron offensive. But first MercantileInterest will continue the one at Caprica.

BATTLE FOR CAPRICA

7EUjJc9.png

What is that we see? A Revenant? Fire the missiles!

OOtYGUW.png

After that one was blown up the Halsey identified 3 more.

IJ8ZIYm.png

As the missile tubes need some time before they are reloaded MercantileInterest takes Picon Fleet closers and unleashes the broadsides.

IJ8ZIYm.png

While Picon Fleet's firepower is superior those Revenants are a threat. The Codexia suffers internal damage and needs to retreat.

The Halsey gets badly pounded as well.

bJqht7r.png

It seems there is one more Revenant around. The Halsey fires some missiles, but it needs to retreat.

Also it appears two wings of Vipers were lost to Cerasteses guns.

7IGfo59.png

The remaining cylons are destroyed with moderate damage to the fleet, mostly limited to the Codexia which will need extensive repairs.

BATTLE FOR TAURON

U2QpLYE.png

@tindril reads DRADIS contacts behind some random space rock. As the Daidalos is present, the fleet is ordered to close the gap as soon as possible to prevent any toasters from getting into firing range of our shipyard.

9twoOuY.png

Out of the first four ships to be identified 3 are revenants and the one exploding was a nemesis.

A Heavy Raider wing is spotted, vipers move in to intercept.

ECBDYTi.png

Also I figured out that to have Assault Raptors fire their missiles you need to click on the munitions icon and select a target. No other fraking unit in the game works like that! Was it that hard to add it as a button/ability in the menu like everything else?

73bnjPY.png

Bog Otac suffers damage from the Cylons and needs to reposition. Overall the fight is a close range slug-fest.

PEQdEzT.png

The Sinnan (forgot to fix the name) is also damaged. However the Cylon heavy ships are mostly down and only the light ones remain. Also one runaway revenant...

fVrnc8d.png

...which gets pounded by torpedoes....

h7T08sr.png

...and goes down :smug:.

R6vvV3M.png

Another victory for colonial fleet.

Nw6hhID.png

Unfortunately toasters jumped in to Tauron, a 6600 point fleet the likes of which we have not faced yet, and they engaged our other fleet.

Y4fgtNf.png

Luckily we have some tylium left.

MPMf8Hx.png

The Bern will jump but the Tercio is doomed, no more tylium for it.

AjKBYHZ.png

It tries to inflict some damage on the toasters but it is in vain.

8nUdlBh.png

At least one ship was saved. The Bern jumped away to Picon.

l5Ib5gW.png

Leonis Fleet jumped to Virgon but only to stabilize its morale. The mission will have to be ignored as the fleet is too small to handle it most likely.

d8HNcPC.png

The Ranger that retreated to Picon and some new ships the Daidalos just launched will regroup at Gemenon and strengthen Gemenon Fleet.

vBTcn3O.png

tindrli gets promoted and can now lead maximum size fleets.

KmzIQye.png

MercantileInterest gets some shitty marine skill, because he has to in order to advance...

Z3m3AYZ.png

The Toasters strike again and the battlre name generator has a problem keeping up with with all the battles around the same colonies. At least the toasters are coming to us so we save on times/tylium that would need to go into jumping after them. So it is time for yet another...

BATTLE FOR CAPRICA

oJuk0qm.png

The Halsey flew into what appears to be a formation of lighter ships, mostly those that hurt such as Talons and Cerasteses. It get shot at.

mFRoO3B.png

Things look grim for the Halsey, all it can do is hope it will get away.

jsQasi4.png

Sadly it gets destroyed just like that. After numerous battles it is denied even the opportunity to ram the frakers. :decline:

It served the fleet since the beginning, this loss is a symbol that shit just got real...

2vEmyic.png

...or that I went to aggressive with it and lost it due to dumbfrakery. :M That fleet was a pushover although the Codexia did get hit a bit.

cOUhcJk.png

As usual because the Daidalos is present we don't get to see how many fraking toasters are we facing :decline:

BATTLE FOR TAURON

fPoAi2b.png

Well apparently they have nine ships. NINE FRAKING SHIPS! Maybe one of them is a Hades which would explain it. But I do recall them fielding such large fleets above the 7 ship cap we are limited to the last time I played the campaign.

Prepare your anuses, shit will get rough:

HDMpSVm.png

Oh and they greet us with torps. They miss Daidalos Fleet's ships but they are flying dangerously in the direction of the Daidalos itself.

ne0taRn.png

Missiles are fired, so far it looks that they have only Nemeses and a Revenant.

O6xbRbG.png

Frak, they have two Arachnes. Arachnes have a fairly low missile reload time which I forgot to mention.

UJ0ttVR.png

They use those missiles to destroy the Aura.

kotuJS5.png

Next they destroy the Tethys. Overall the Revenant is down and we have 3 Arachnes to deal with, with one disengaging.

xINN7dL.png

Frak! Daidalos got a few stray hits, not good. Also an unidentified DRADIS contact fired more missiles. Could be another Arachne.

pCT0OON.png

The Khepri gets blown up. All of tindrli's Adamants are down.

Also all of them were the motherships of our assault raptors and they are now out of missiles which they cannot reload which makes them barely useful at all. Vipers are better in this regards.

t80f99w.png

FRAK! We've lost a lot and more toasters are jumping in!

kI097ZA.png

The contacts if far from us an close to daidalos, but not to close. We need to get rid off it.

rPWjsD9.png

Bog Otac destroyed something, probably an Arachne or the Hades the toasters also deployed in this battle. One last Arachne remains and a Talon. Unfortuntately Bog Otac is seriously damaged.

dfB763f.png

Both Artemises of Daidalos Fleet flood the Arachne with cannon fire. The last torpedo salvos of our Ranger is also used against it.

Vipers have been dispatched against the hostile which jumped in and begun harrassing Daidalos.

B7o1cWO.png

The Arachne is down but Bog Otac is barely functional. Systems are down.

xkOEB94.png

The hostile harassing Daidalos turned out to be just a Nemesis. Vipers are already pounding it, the Ranger moves in to support them, but without any spare torpedoes that might not have been such a good move. The guns on it are good but the speed is awful.

OEZj2Sz.png

Frak, toasters on a collision course! The last Talon is attempting to ram Bog Otac.

7Rca5oP.png

Luckily we have some vipers and (missleless) ARPs around for support. The Sinnan also keeps firing its guns.

jNpaVsd.png

Meanwhile that Nemesis is about to go down from our vipers. Daidalos and tindrli are safe.

zgQQEce.png

Bog Otac annihilates the Talon at the last moment before collision. It is a great victory for Colonial Fleet.

DRxLqd6.png

We lost the weaker half of Daidalos Fleet, but luckily Adamants are meant to blow up instead of Artemises. Unfortunately they are kind of hard countered by Arachnes.

frko8iS.png

Daidalos Fleet needs new toaster fodder. First however it gets some repairs.

dc4yHr8.png

Unfortunately Colonial Fleet is kind of poor at the moment. Fraking slow-ass Gemenon Freighter!

QrF53Hv.png

Aquaria Fleet faces a superior Cylon force at Aerilon. lightbane will lead this difficult defense of the rural Colony.

SIEGE OF AERILON

GI3qfOd.png

Toasters deploy 8 ships again. Aquaria fleet is a rather light force made of paper, with 2 berserks, a manticore, adamants and a single Artemis serving as the flagship.

7iZIfQM.png

The Cylons are heavier thanks to 2 Revenants. They also have a significant fighter presence in the form of 4 wings of (prototype?) Raiders.

U0cW7jJ.png

The toasters focus on our berserks which is bad. Their medium guns are valuable fire support to the otherwise light guns in our fleet.

Also they have 3 revenants. We really could use a ranger here for some torpedo fire support.

KGPJ6fk.png

By the time one Revenant goes down they blow up the other berserk and start pounding the Osiris, one of our most experienced warships (a pity ship crews do not gain veterancy).

The good news is the Raiders have been swatted down so we have space superiority and can use the vipers to support our capital ships in Revenant extermination.

YPYhyQ7.png

The Osiris disengages and turns around, it appears the fleet is close to eliminating another Revenant. lightbane remains cool and calm when issuing commands to Aquaria Fleet. This battle is difficult but not hopeless.

kM9cDyi.png

And this was the last battle of the Osiris it seems. Another legend going down. :salute:

The nearby Talon was destroyed and that other Revenant is running away. Our Manticore is about to finish it off though. We have one last toaster brick to shoot down.

A7fGb8D.png

The toasters also get dangerously close to our flagship. lightbane is prepared, as his ship raises elevation to avoid a possible colision.

w08P11Z.png

The last Adamant of Aquaria fleet takes a beating from the Revenants cannons. However the JarlFrank is right on its tail and firing missiles for some back door action.

K3Q69RK.png

Aquaria Fleet has lost a significant number of ships but won despite the odds.

PTuYS3E.png

Bravely gets a rushed promotion as there are worries that he will lose his reserve ships in Beta if they are not in his fleet.

5o2Yj35.png

He gets the +1k fleet points skill to support having more ships. Also we need this because the toasters are flying around in 5k fleets now.

nqHRTAR.png

With Caprica safe and stable, Picon Fleet jumped to Picon to get rid off some toasters there.

SIEGE OF PICON

BBmwEvk.png

It does not take long for MercantileInterest to spot another toaster brick.[/SIZE]

HejfbEa.png

As somewhat stupidly Picon Fleet engaged the middle of the cylon formation, the Codexia receives a lot of Revenant gunfire.

oOEaZNZ.png

It disengages from the fight, lets hope this works.

c6fmNK8.png

New contacts!

dDEcduB.png

Two of them.

mOtIeZl.png

While we managed to get rid off the toaster bricks the Cylons fired torpedoes and the Codexia. Before anyone noticed this the torpedoes were already very close to the Codexia. There was no time to turns around or engage flaks.

Gh0XCUD.png

The Codexia went down before its commander or MercantileInterest could react.

:salute: Our first Battlestar has ended its service, no museum ship fate for you Codexia :salute:

tGWIv2F.png

FRAKING TOASTERS JUMP OUT OF NOWHERE!

Jj2fwOC.png

Well, currently it appears we are down to cylon tin cans so it is just a question of gettign in range and shooting them until they explode.

2gxNTHa.png

The Ark received minor interior damage but otherwise the toaster light ships were destroyed. A sad day due to the loss of the Codexia, Artemises are expensive.

96UJ4Y6.png

At Gemenon the toasters have a 750 point advantage over baud's Gemenon Fleet. Let's show them that is not really an advantage.

7cgSDr5.png

baud II commands an Artemis, a Minotaur (this is its debut I think) and 2 Adamants. Few ships but a lot of guns.

nlPsujm.png

The toasters on the other hand command something that will piss us off with its torpedoes. Luckily they miss.

tw52H41.png

Yeah, a lot has happened. As we have just 4 ships we had just 4 squadrons of vipers, 2 from the artemis, and one for each adamant. The toasters for the first time in our campaign have fighter superiority, mostly due to numbers but also due to their Cerastes' support. Our wings still inflicted heavy damage on their raiders and the guns on both the Artemis and the Minotaur finished off the remaining Raiders.

As usual the Cylon revenants or their talons pounded our adamants. This was a necessary sacrifice as both the Artemis and the Minotaur are more expensive ships and also ones with much more firepower.

jW1wwps.png

The Minotaur took a beating but only because some shots penetrated its rear. Overall it just kept drowning the toasters in cannon fire.

cmpQSRg.png

Not much the toaster tin cans can do against crossfire from these two ships.

rH9evVq.png

A victory and you can see just how lethal the Minotaur was here. Over 600 damage and 5 ship kills. This thing is good value for money (after some buffs it received, it used to be horrible), not as armoured as one would like but the raw gun damage is terrifying. The weakness of this ship is of course the complete lack of anything other than armor and guns. No fighters, no flaks and no missiles. Which means it is a close or medium range bruiser and it is useless if the Cylons start firing missiles at it.

1NQSd7e.png

On the strategic front we need a bit of a reorganisation due to the abrupt difficulty spike. I wonder if the Sagitarron mission was the trigger for this.

First lightbane gets a promotion. He can now command 6k fleets which the toasters field rarely at the moment.

SyopA7S.png

He also needs ships. Aquaria Fleet lost a lot of them over Aerilon. Scorpia Fleet was sitting around uselessly ever since Azira died in the colonial-cylon-SDU threesome over Sagitarron.

Scorpia Fleet will be absorbed into Aquaria Fleet, which hopefully should make it viable against the now bigger Cylon fleets. Lets just hope no toasters intercept these fleets before they merge.

Also tindrli will do the 4th BA mission at Persephone. This should give us the needed Tylium to build some much needed heavier ships and replace the losses suffered, such as losing Codexia.

Ymyu5EE.png

While our interstellar rendezvous between Gamma and Delta goes ahead without any cylon encounters, Picon and Gemenon get attacked.

Picon Fleet is much superior to the small toaster detachment sent there, so this one should be easy.

RAID AT PICON

qYIK1A2.png

And it was.

OeVXVsb.png

Gemenon is not so lucky. I really wish the toasters flipped their targets. The force that attacked Picon would be nice exp fodder for baud II.

STRUGGLE FOR GEMENON

zIKFjeE.png

Eight cylon ships against our Artemis and Minotaur. This is not a battle baud can win.

PId83Ya.png

There is only one sane course of action.

tpnOhpE.png

Luckily we have tylium reserves. Both ships prepare for an FTL jump. Either way 60 tylium to save ships worth slightly over 1000 tylium and blocking 2 of our drydocks for at least 4 turns? A really simple choice.

hqdefault.jpg

7lhqVA4.png

uS5LpQf.png

Both ships make it out alive. baud will live to fight another day.

feEzcCn.png

Finally tindrli engages the mission marker at the Pluto-like body.

MiKVjxY.png

Cottle wants us to help in his moral crusade at Sagittaron, because the people there apparently anti-vaxxers or homeopathy nuts. It is surprising they didn't execute him through stoning yet. Probably too busy being crippled by Polio I guess.

Also it seems minister Wenutu is connected to a corporate group of the same name which just happens to somehow support some smugglers via one of its companies. I still wonder what those abductions by toasters were about.

Oh and we need raptors, the regular boring kind.

hn1PGuq.png

Well I doubt Cain would be pissed off at this. All we are doing is getting rid off some toasters and securing medical supplies, smugglers are the least of our worries considering we are engaged in an interstellar war with killer robots. As long as it gets us tylium...

BROKEN ALIANCE IV - MEDICAL SUPPLIES

vFq5BS5.png

This is one of our targets. This mission has 2 objectives, besides blowing up any hostile ships. Board the station and board an Arachne to get chemical warhead samples. It seems the devs suddenly remember we kind of blew up the Arachnes at Saggitaron and did not really get any samples there despite the briefing telling us we need to.

HaAtAL5.png

Well I guess he is referring to the fact we need to board an Arachne.

dSCpRop.png

Captain obvious to rescue.

uqJ02BT.png

Daidalos fleet as you can see here has been reinforced. tindrli now commands two rangers filled with torpedoes.

The initial layout of this mission is fairly simple. The Cylons are scattered in an arc around us. Four ships total some of which are Arachnes. Luckily for us they are scattered so they can be picked off one by one. Our ability to fire four torpedo salvos ever second turn certainly helps in this.

Jr2mBjJ.png

The main thing we need to worry about are some Cylon squadrons that could destroy our Raptors. This one is a new thing, actually it appeared during one of the skirmish fights already but I did not bother screenshoting it. This is a Scorpion squadron or rather platform that was added in the BA expansion/DLC, it works similar to defense platforms from Homeworld only it can be repositioned.

Its primary purpose is to give the Cylons point defence against fighters and missiles. The toasters might have gotten the Cerastes in the first DLC, but that still did not give them any new options to counter missiles, this platform is supposed to fix that.

toDx8lL.png

Our vipers easily take it out as they have superior numbers. There was also an Arachne next to the station, it got blown up with torpedoes and finished off by the vipers. But our raptors did not board it so they will need to target another one. I took too few screenshots in this mission.

Oh and as soon as the raptors boarded the station more toasters jumped in. Did anyone not see this coming?

Nzcb8D3.png

The fleet finishes off a Talon while the new contacts fired some torps at our fleet. Helena reports that the toasters did not really bother to move in to the station.

YaKb0pd.png

odLlj0u.png

That was probably another Talon blowing up. Out of the two initial contacts two were talons and one an Arachne, the last one is unknown. Since we really need those samples the raptors are ordered to board the Arachne that just jumped in, just in case that last contact is not an Arachne.

For the time being the fleet is ordered to focus on the Nemesis and Talon that also jumped in, to not blow up that Arachne before we steal a warhead.

NxScL2s.png

Well that business is taken care off, time to frak up that arachne. Fire the guns!

7pV1CHe.png

Well torpedoes really, that toaster ship is gone. Just that last contact remains.

EQtpvI8.png

VU1xCo0.png

Now that I think about it. We know Sinon worked for minister Wenutu and apparently Wenutu is also a name of a corporation, so it seems Sinon did not work for the government but for the corporation and that is how he knows the current minister?

Anyway a very easy mission, the previous BA mission was harder.

HUwXyM5.png

In any case the combat part of the turn is done so we can merge Aquaria Fleet and Scorpia Fleet.

yvGdPEn.png

We have enough cash not just for one but two Artemises. Unfortunately there are not enough drydocks.

FjPOG73.png

Some new ships jump to Caprica, that is where Gemenon fleet retreated to. The doomstack is still at Gemenon, Picon Fleet will need to eliminate it. However a smaller Cylon fleet engages Picon Fleet at Picon before their FTL drives spool up.

Daidalos is attacked by another toaster fleet at Persephone.

The plan after these two battles are resolved is simple. Daidalos jumps to Cocalus when ready and later to Libran in Gamma for the story mission. It will be in a position to reinforce Alpha if losses are suffered. Picon Fleet will remove the doomstack, Gemenon Fleet will try to get more exp or at least stay safe until it can be reinforced with more ships resho out of the drydocks of Daidalos.

The best battle of this update is of course the battle of the battle for Tauron, the one where Daidalos got hit quite a bit and tindrli fought tooth and nail with the toasters.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Died commanding a flotilla of one. Should have stuck to mercenary work it seems. Good stuff!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom