Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's rush to glory in Assetto Corsa

racofer

Thread Incliner
I decided it was time to have some fun, so I got myself a Logitech G27 and this stand sold here in Huehuehlandia to fully enjoy Assetto Corsa:

SwWY45m.jpg
oYC0Ouq.jpg

In this LP I will dump videos of my racing adventures in different tracks with different cars, for no purpose other than having some fun. If you comrades have some tracks and cars available for Assetto Corsa that you would like me to drive, request away in this thread.

Last edited:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Our first challenge is the famous Nürburgring Nordschleife, a 20.81km long track in glorious Germany.

Zx4obIv.jpg

Since its construction (1925 - 1927), the Nordschleife has enjoyed a reputation as a terrifying and merciless route through the Eifel forests. An English journalist who visited the Nordschleife during the opening race on 18 June 1927 even concluded “that it seemed as if a reeling, drunken giant had been sent out to determine the route”. The Formula 1 pilot Sir John Young Jackie Stewart – after all a three-time world champion in 1969, 1971 and 1973 – was so impressed by the circuit that he gave it the name which it will probably never lose: Green Hell (Grüne Hölle).

Racing and winning on the Nordschleife has always been very special for racing drivers, because the track is one of the most demanding in the world. Tricky corners, treacherous crests, steep inclines and gradients an d constantly changing road surfaces demand great skill from the driver and put vehicles to a hard test.

The best-known event today is the ADAC Zurich 24-hour race, which is held on both the Nordschleife and the Grand Prix circuit and which for four days transforms the entire circuit into a huge spectacle. Up to 800 amateurs and professionals in up to 200 cars take part in this race

And the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 is the car I will use for traversing this dangerous track:

qe9TMfy.jpg

McLaren MP4-12C GT3 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
Enjoy the advantage of Formula 1 and innovative road-car technology, brought together for a new generation of GT3 race cars.

No other GT3 car in 2012 will be supplied with a road-car carbon chassis. No other GT3 car will feature a steering wheel design deployed by Lewis Hamilton in his MP4-24 Formula 1 car.

The 3.8-litre McLaren V8 twin turbo ‘M838T’ engine remains in place, but it’s been de- tuned to 500 PS and combined with a new, 80kg lighter six-speed sequential shift gearbox for optimal power and balanced performance.

Under the McLaren Orange skin, the 12C GT3 shares the same 75kg carbon MonoCell chassis as the 12C road car. The GT3-ready aero package features a new front splitter, door blade, rear wing, diffuser and louvres in the front fenders.

Testing in McLaren’s Formula 1 simulator has fine-tuned the engine calibration, power steering, spring rates, weight distribution, gear ratios and differential settings of the MP4-12C GT3. No other car in GT3 starts its racing with this level of attention.

McLaren GT is a smaller operation than McLaren Racing, but the intention is to apply Formula 1 methodology in every possible area, as shown with the MP4-12C GT3.

Formula 1 suppliers past and present have been brought in to help develop the car, including Akebono, Mobil 1, McLaren Electronic Systems, Ricardo and Michelin.

ENGINE
3.8L V8 Twin Turbo McLaren M838T

So let's drive!

(I recommend viewing with the html5 player since all videos will be in 60fps)

Dead Guy

Cipher
Uuuugh I need to get this game and a better wheel. Is this a fan-made Nordschleife or is the laser-scanned one out now? It looks good enough to me!

You don't look like you're having any moments at all, are you driving some way from your limit in the video?

I've only driven one lap of that track, but I don't think I'll be able to go back, at least not as often as I would like (every day?), so I must needs a substitute.

Show me some Spa! Or better yet, is there a fan-made Suzuka?

Astral Rag

Arcane
Caved in and ordered a g27, are the default AC wheel settings fine or did you have to do some tweaking racofer?

Can't wait to take the Lotus 49 for a spin on Spa and the classic Monza track.

Is there a fan-made Suzuka?

There is, I will try it out soon.

Last edited:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Caved in and ordered a g27, are the default AC wheel settings fine or did you have to do some tweaking racofer?

Can't wait to take the Lotus 49 for a spin on Spa and the classic Monza track.

There is, I will try it out soon.
Didn't tweak anything. The default settings were just fine, although there are no controls mapped to any buttons, so you will have to do that by yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom