Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Let's run rings around Blood Bowl F13 Season 8 - Three Codexers in Play Offs

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
IainC said:
Alright I fucked this up and validated the match but didn't see that it gave the default win to Roxor so the stats will show that he won 3-1. However for the purposes of playoffs etc, I'll count it as a 1-1 tie. Sorry about that.

The Secret Military Union has just received a hefty donation of 100k geld, as well as a whole lotta spp resulting in a level 3 Private Public and a level 3 Major Glory

Just_as_planned_tzeentch.jpg

now what the fuck do i put on a level 3 lino and a level 3 nigglingav7 blitzer

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:lol: Are they all normal rolls?
If so:
Lino - Block, Tackle
Glory - Mighty Blow, Piling On

Jaedar
SteelRehn.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
:lol: Are they all normal rolls?

Yes. I did in fact go with block and MB, like a boring coward and a fewl.

Although I have to say I was thinking VERY long about shadowing on Major Glory :troll:

Ah what a waste.
For AV7s that really wants to die in glorious violence you should just gave him MB & PO - take down as many as he can.
Lino Kick + Block is fine.
Just surprising no double in 4 rolls. XD

RK47

Patron
Pre-Match Preview
pero tu vagina ya esta completamenta humeda

patriot.png

01.jpg

dirtyswede.png

02.jpg

Last edited:

Whitewolf

Novice
With that Tv difference i can't wait to see Jaedar list of inducements, this is going to be good.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Still annoyed by that 'Rubbish' comment, eh?

Not much. I just find it hilarious that the guy who was 100% sure of leaving his division as one of the "pros" currently has the least points in the entire league.

RK47

Patron
With that Tv difference i can't wait to see Jaedar list of inducements, this is going to be good.
Inducement 800TV - 80TV Journeymen = 720TV

1. Headsplitter - 340TV - MA6 ST6 AG3 AV8 / Loner, Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail
2. Wizard Scroll - 150TV
3. Wandering Apothecary - 100TV
4. 2x Bloodweiser Babes - 100TV

Total Spent = 690TV/720TV

RK47

Patron
That rain ruined the game.
Kinda.
But I'm more annoyed with 2 dead guards. LundB will miss a game with Smashed Hip (-1 MA) while eklektyk meets his end.
Two dead rolls? What are the chances, eh? But at least Hellraiser and Jaedar finally leveled up.

Jasede scored nothing but KO and stuns while stabby makes a MVP ovation on turn 16 where he just stood there and clap as three of our LoS AV's broke. Fuck you very much,stabby.
Muckguppy finally derped and rolled 4 red skulls in second half after being KO'ed in the first turn.
Thankfully the two rookie blitzers and ogre survived with minor stuns on the finale free bash out.

ImageMatchReport.aspx

This match exposes the issue of weather that can shut down the scoring game completely. Jaedar recovered gracefully from two early turnovers to score. And the Gutter Runners survived multiple fouls and takedowns without needing to use up a single Apothecary (Yes, the coach bought another 2 APO inducements.)

Yes, I admit I should've planted more men on that turn 7 pick up - but honestly, we don't have to win this game - it's just that in a more vital game, the never-ending rain would've created a lot of cascading failures in both bashing and scoring aspect. Without AG4 - we're kinda screwed on that front. Don't even talk about catches - Jaedar squeezed a pass on the second try - wasting a grand total of 3 turns just to eke a 1 SPP play,

With this win, Skaven takes top spot, but they're missing a few key players - and may have to spend cash to put in a few rookies.
Knights finish with 2nd spot - but lost two guardsmen. It's a good thing Humppalekka is around.
Also - don't ever tell your opponent you're playing the 2-1 losing grind. Jaedar didn't realize this till turn 13 :lol:
Then he just stayed on the ground after evac-ing his GRs to my endzone as Hellraiser waits for the turn 16 TD.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
That rain ruined the game.
Also - don't ever tell your opponent you're playing the 2-1 losing grind.
Even better: don't ever play for the 2-1 losing grind :M

I'd go for the win if the first half ended 1-0.

There are several factors on why I made that call though.
1. There was nothing at stake.
1st or 2nd place - pride maybe. Or play-off opponent. I'm risking more than you when trying for a draw unfortunately, and since draw is no good... forget it. Farm SPP.

2. Zero apothecary
Two dead rolls on CAS. This is not looking good. If I had been more careful and not misclick-block on Rat Ogre it might've been a failed doge instead. But you live and learn.
With that in mind, I'm unwilling to risk more kick-off. I can't really predict if you'd try to score quicker or go for LOS bash if I scored on turn 11 - so the call for grinding 2-1 loss was made.
If it's a game I had to draw, I'd go for 1 TTD on first half ender instead of a LOS bash.

3. Field conditions
Your players are taken off field, you didn't apo. And the KOs are piling up.
Threat to my player: minimal to nonexistent. Might as well just stall forever.
Rainy condition also made it impossible to just count on a good pick up for the steal. That is no problem for your Big Hand GR who is still alive and kicking - but guess who's kicking if I score early?

4. SPP Generation
Primed-to-lvl player holding the ball from endzone - no interception possible - why not?
Hellraiser really needed that level. And Jaedar only needed a pass completion. So I made the call to just eat the loss on turn 8. Weather didn't change on 2nd half kick off.
So fuck it. Let's do it brah. Pick n pass, score if you can. You still have scroll, so a two turn TD is still risky.
Jaedar made that pass and you bolted the carrier, with Xenomorph making that miracle interception. Hey, let's get the ball to Hellraiser - oh he got it.
That's good. 3 SPP secured, half is cleared of threats - why risk more casualty for a draw, yeah?

5. Turn 16 Factor
Three LOS Armor broken, Three Stuns.
The three were Ogre, and two rookie blitzers. Had this been Turn 13...

:hmmm: I think I made the right call.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Maybe, maybe.

"With that in mind, I'm unwilling to risk more kick-off. I can't really predict if you'd try to score quicker or go for LOS bash if I scored on turn 11 - so the call for grinding 2-1 loss was made."
Yes, the dreaded 4 linerat, 3 gutter runner Los Bash.

RK47

Patron
Maybe, maybe.

"With that in mind, I'm unwilling to risk more kick-off. I can't really predict if you'd try to score quicker or go for LOS bash if I scored on turn 11 - so the call for grinding 2-1 loss was made."
Yes, the dreaded 4 linerat, 3 gutter runner Los Bash.

You'd foul to eject your star player. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom