Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read Let's Read: Fear Agent (sci-fi comic)

Lindblum

Augur
ARGGG THE MANLINESS!!!

:excellent:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Hey, its an awesome way to go.
And he went out with his boots on. Not sick, dying and helpless on a bed sweatin in his own filth, but like a man.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, but WHAT was it she did?

I'd guess a pre-programmed timejump, using hyperfuel (the stuff we saw back in issue 2-3). She was probably fueled up with the stuff back in the Chronodome base, which is how they get to jump back through the chronodome. Apparently, jumping forward from the Big Bang is easier than to the Big Bang (the ship appears to be riding "ahead" of the big 'un). The comic tends to keep the "exact", "hard science"-like how of these things vague, on purpose.

Thanks for cheating humanity out of more progress than we managed in several thousand years, Heath.
But uh...everyone died?

SoupNazi

Well, that's what I'm confused about. I guess it's just an inexplicable plot hole.

Thanks for cheating humanity out of more progress than we managed in several thousand years, Heath.
But uh...everyone died?

No they didn't! Could've still saved everybody and kept all of that awesome tech for mankind. Now they'll all wipe themselves out due to human stupidity before we have a chance to get to space. :(

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Escaping the Big Bang and returning to the present - plothole.

Standing outside the Big Bang and manually pointing a laser towards a particle that's going to become a certain planet billions of years later without interfering with the rest of the universe as we 'know' it - that's cool.

SoupNazi

I'm not ignorant enough to look at works of fiction through the eyes of our understanding of reality or the perspective of it. The comic explained how they're going to achieve that change, the technology is so advanced that it just may as well be possible to achieve that level of precision - it doesn't matter, the comics doesn't say it's not possible.

Several times, however, it's said by the protagonists that time travel is hard, when traveling using the ship technology it's imprecise, and most importantly, to travel to the big bang they need to use the conduct or whatever it is, but suddenly getting back to the "present" seems to be so easy it doesn't even warrant a proper explanation (unlike everything else in the comics, which the authors tried to explain eventually).

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Still good enough for you to get an avatar from the comic, huh? Haha :D

But yeah, that's a bit of a plothole. That and how did the Dressites know to send Heath back. Oh well.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Such an amazing comic.
What I like is that there is a definite close and end to it.
It definitely came off as something originally that could be seen as a serial, but surprised the hell out of me with the story's twists and turns.
Overall, really damn good.
I loved the fact that the character did evolve over time, physically and emotionally, etc.
And an amazing end overall. Love the Mark Twain quotes.
Really surprised me with the depth of the characters and their story.
One thing I did love is that there was a story to tell, and when it was told, that was it. End, finito, all of it done.
They didn't appear to try and continue the comic, stretch it out, any of that shit.
Dude goes out in a blaze of fucking glory and burns up into the sun.
A hero we never knew or heard of. The man who saved the fucking galaxy and never had a parade thrown for him in his fucking life.

Goddammit it makes me sad that it's over.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Seriously, one of the most rugged, badass heroes of all time.
A true TEXAN and a true bro!

FUCK THAT"S WHAT WE NEED! A FEAR AGENT E-MOTE!!!!

lightbane

Arcane
It took me a while because I completely forgot about this LR, sorry was busy with RL stuff, but today I've finally managed to read it all. Nothing much to say, except that it was pure awesome. Heath is a true manly hero, his sacrifice will not be forgotten :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom