Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $1500 for Codexian monsters + NPC + island + dungeon/item in Serpent in the Staglands

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
On RPG Codex, drama engages in you.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
Well, I don't want to make more drama but just keep in mind "Dawn_" could be a mentally ill 13 year old and you guys are sticking her handle on a badge. Seems petty and irresponsible.

But I guess it's the Codex right?

Zeriel

Arcane
It's a well established fact that the Codex spews out big clusters of money when assholery is involved. Our biggest contributions were during the Divinity: Original Sin campaign and pretty much all due to our petty and irresponsible desire to beat the RPGWatch in $$$.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
Honestly, it's a two person team so I don't expect them to go the extra mile with modding support at launch. I reckon, if they're successful they could justify it post release.

tindrli

Arcane
well we could always make

PENETROLLOSAURUS

ScmViV.png

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Alright, donated $15. Maybe we could have another contest about designing a the questline & NPC to go along with the codexian demons.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've chipped in $15, for codexian glory and also to get a copy of the game cheap, because amazon payments hates my guts.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If we make it to $1500, at least, I can try to negotiate some kind of more extensive reward, like maybe a questline or something. I'll need to discuss that with the devs - we wouldn't wish to strain their limited resources too much. Perhaps our NPC and/or island could be made more significant to the story, or our monster race(s) more ubiquitous or dangerous.

For $2000 we could get WHOA SO MUCH CONTENT

Let's get there first, though.

Crooked Bee

Patron
New $1500 stretch goal! It's either a location/dungeon/quest for the NPC or a Mega Item (also with a quest involved), or smth like that:

We noticed that you awesome folks have surpassed your previous goal’s mark and raised it! We wanted to throw out some ideas for some additional content if you’re interested for your next goal!

So as of now you all can create 1 or 2 monsters — spirits or animal/creatures — or theme an island if we make the expansion goal. You also get an NPC with minions. I thought it would be interesting to elaborate on these for an extra goal, instead of just a simple quest to kill or do something for them. Here are some options we thought of that would be awesome additions, but we’d love to hear your ideas too!

Location/Dungeon for NPC

Even if we don’t get the island expansion (though I think we’re well on our way), I think it would be awesome if you wanted to expand on your NPC/Monster(s) to be included into one of the larger side-quests. We can collaborate on Aptitude-oriented branching paths, narrative ones, and involve some other basic NPCs to flesh it out. You can choose an area to make it happen in and lay it out if you’d like (or design the island and have it there instead of just theme it). We can go more in-depth on what could be involved on your end and determine what kind level the area/quest is.

Mega Item

The player can get an awesome item from the NPC that does something crazy. Teleports them like a Myst linking book to somewhere else on Vol, turns into a potential party member, or opens the gate to the Codexian sanctuary. Some cursed box, a chalice, a golden sword, anything you can think of that can have a story/quest revolved around it.​

Currently we're at $1,234/$1,500, with about 4 days left.

Angthoron

Arcane
GodFUCKINGdamnit, my wallet, what are you doing to it, Bee? This sort of wallet rape is only reserved for wives.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey, how come the Codex is throwing a "Let's raise" for this?
It looks comperatively garbage to stuff like Antharion from some time back, and I don't recall that one getting a Codex feature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom