Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $1500 for Codexian monsters + NPC + island + dungeon/item in Serpent in the Staglands

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How many other games are we getting Codex trolls in already? Blatant Codex reference is a blatant Codex reference. Anus monster, on the other hand, an unrealized piece of gaming history only few know most of whom are residents of Codex... is quite simply subtler.
RPGCodex is a place where a pink anus monster is considered a subtle alternative.

Well obviously a pink sphincterlodyte is subtle.

Not subtle, for example, would be a pink sphincterlodyte that shits on the player.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Why is it an anus monster now? Wasn't it a dick monster? It looks like a dick to me, not an anus. You people have not seen anuses and dicks.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I thought it was supposed to be strictly a urethra, sans the protective and otherwise functioning layers.

The only way it's a dick is if it's a flaccid, intact dick that's having it's foreskin pulled back and forth..
And that's a bit of a stretch.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Wait, this is starting to sound more serious than it did initially. The penisaur was an icon of grotesque misdirection, an abomination attempting to corrupt the good taste of a classic series, and now Codexers appear to be springing real live money in an attempt to actuate it in a game which could potentially turn out to be otherwise good? All I can think is,

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Wait, this is starting to sound more serious than it did initially. The penisaur was an icon of grotesque misdirection, an abomination attempting to corrupt the good taste of a classic series, and now Codexers appear to be springing real live money in an attempt to actuate it in a game which could potentially turn out to be otherwise good? All I can think is,
It could be an incubus or something like that :D .

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I didn't plan on donating for Staglands, but what the hell, I supported aspiring Zombie-Vapour-Ware game Deadstate.
Here, have my potatoes.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A turn-based combat isle, make it happen codex.

An island under the control of a mysterious wizard who forces you to play a twisted form of chess for his amusement, all the while rambling about how fast and clumsy the rest of the world is?
Beat him, and you get thrown out with no more than a bit of mild rape, but lose and you get chained up and have to discuss back and forth with the man whether that stone arch over there is proper, or not, and how homosexual all the other wizards are for not playing chess.

tindrli

Arcane
Yeah, an isle guarded by Multi tentacle dicks or even better . the GOD ALMIGHTY PENETRATOSAURUS!!!!

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
If you guys agree on what kind of tentacled anus monster you want, I can do some concept art, to ensure not a single disgusting detail of the description is missed by the Staglands people. ;P

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
I already have this game but if you guys are going to put the Codexian troll in this game too I'll toss in a few bucks. I think it would be great if rpgcodex got an iconic troll in all these games.

Statues are gay so that counts as one, one troll, that's not even a tenth of the amount of trolls that are in the emoticon box.

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't know how seriously the dick asshole monster should be taken. It's nice to raise funds for a project, and have an in-game acknowledgement for doing so. However, If I was making a game and the vision was going to be diluted by the inclusion of something so immature, even if it's somewhat funny, I don't think I'd take the cash. The problem is there are too many cooks that like to shit on other people's additions to the broth here. So I'm not sure we'll ever get consensus for something serious. Thus dicks or trolls. I like prosper island, maybe with a mad one-eyed prophet that all the impish creatures worship, or something more subversive torwards established fantasy tropes.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
eh, the anus monster isn't that bad. it looks like a legitimately horrendous creature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom