Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $1500 for Codexian monsters + NPC + island + dungeon/item in Serpent in the Staglands

Also, make the game Turn Based and I'll dump a $1000 on it myself.

:troll:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How many other games are we getting Codex trolls in already? Blatant Codex reference is a blatant Codex reference. Anus monster, on the other hand, an unrealized piece of gaming history only few know most of whom are residents of Codex... is quite simply subtler.
RPGCodex is a place where a pink anus monster is considered a subtle alternative.

In terms of what it represents. The difference between "oh hey look, that is the mascot of that gaming site, heh, cute, I remember that from half a dozen other RPGs" and "an... anus monster? WHAT. THE. FUCK?"

zwanzig_zwoelf

I'm ready to smuggle a copy of Age of Wonders for anyone who will pledge the rest of the $40 for this game.
So it'll be a double win for you.

SoupNazi

I'm ready to smuggle a copy of Age of Wonders for anyone who will pledge the rest of the $40 for this game.
Ok.

9yvcVmj.jpg

::love:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Ok.

9yvcVmj.jpg

:rage:
You got it wrong, fucker. I should've mentioned that you need to PM me for additional details.
I can't get you AoW3 out of nowhere, you see. If it's $40 in your region, I can get a copy for you for ~$23. The rest (~$17) would go as a pledge.
Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.

SoupNazi

It's €39.99 in my region. :troll:

Now fork it over, you cheating scumbag! :lol:

tindrli

Arcane
3. $750 GOAL: 2nd Monster Race OR Personal Island

Since right now you can definitely design a monster, if you get to $750 you can do a second monster, or if we make it to our next campaign goal [= the $25,000 stretch goal] you can theme your own merchant island that can be sailed to.

And to get to Prosper Islant you need to kill our second monster which ofcourse is :mhd:

zwanzig_zwoelf

It's €39.99 in my region. :troll:

Now fork it over, you cheating scumbag! :lol:
Yeah, I didn't tell you the exact rules of the deal, sorry about that.
Add me on Steam (Sawyerkraut) and we'll try to work something out.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok.

9yvcVmj.jpg

:rage:
You got it wrong, fucker. I should've mentioned that you need to PM me for additional details.
I can't get you AoW3 out of nowhere, you see. If it's $40 in your region, I can get a copy for you for ~$23. The rest (~$17) would go as a pledge.
Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.

Just give him a torrent download link via PM and be done with it :lol:

kazgar

Arcane
Donated! Go you good thing.

Should get to $25k especially when we've got almost 1k to add and its just over $17k with 17 days to go.

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think it should be a bunch of monocled trolls that always have grandiose conversations on the history of the staglands, each with their on revisionist account inducing confusion against enemies. While every individual troll would probably slit the throat of the others to assert their intellectual superiority if given the chance, they somehow manage to stay in loosely affiliated clans (the Tornbasians and the Raeltwaps) that bond over dick and ass jokes.

Delterius

Arcane
I think it should be a bunch of monocled trolls that always have grandiose conversations on the history of the staglands, each with their on revisionist account inducing confusion against enemies. While every individual troll would probably slit the throat of the others to assert their intellectual superiority if given the chance, they somehow manage to stay in loosely affiliated clans (the Tornbasians and the Raeltwaps) that bond over their common hatred of vertical architecture. Like this
invis.png
Rpgwatch-logo.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
who is this greg martin dude
They're the people who own the Codex. Bow down to your corporate masters!

Yeah for reels, the amount of money we were putting through the PayPal account meant we had to have company details. Or rather, it was easier that way.

EDIT: By the way, I've updated the donation system so that amounts shown are now after fees. Hence you may notice a reduction in some of the overall totals.

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Prosper island as a prison colony is a p. nice idea. A questgiver sends you there, but upon arrival you're locked up instead, basically just for the amusement of the lord of the island. Your options for getting out, are convincing a magician already imprisoned there, to give his approval for your departure (he would himself be locked in still, either way), or convincing a big number of the gentlemen visiting the lord to back your release, or forcefully make your way out, assaulting the lord's mansion and fighting both him and the visiting gentlemen.

The key is to take a fun situation and lay it out how it's a cool questline for anybody without prior knowledge of the real events behind the scenario

Like a rectum gobbler would be awesome even if we'd came up with it by ourselves without the help of Max Phipps' imagination.

Ninjerk

Arcane
The amusement of the lord would be inane rants against sophistry and about maths. Perhaps wailing and obsessing over the... deep hue of his shadow.

How many other games are we getting Codex trolls in already? Blatant Codex reference is a blatant Codex reference. Anus monster, on the other hand, an unrealized piece of gaming history only few know most of whom are residents of Codex... is quite simply subtler.
By subtle I meant it could subtly fit into the lore without being tacky. A puckering anus monster not so much, but I get what you mean, I just think obscure is a better word for the kind of reference you want.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I think the Codex needs to ease up with self-insertion references and actually create something with more subtlety.

I'm, however, all for the anus monster from Arnhem.
How is that more subtle than a red troll? Or am I just not getting the sarcasm?

Yes, or we could actually put our money where our mouth is and provide excellent content and quests. It would be nice for the codex portions to be considered excellent instead of in-jokes nobody else appreciates.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I think the Codex needs to ease up with self-insertion references and actually create something with more subtlety.

Yes, or we could actually put our money where our mouth is and provide excellent content and quests. It would be nice for the codex portions to be considered excellent instead of in-jokes nobody else appreciates.
Is that a possibility?

Zeriel

Arcane

Well, that sounds like shit.

Circle jerk content or content that can be enjoyed by all.... :hmmm:
Bringing enjoyment to the general public doesn't sound very codexian.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I suppose my error is assuming that the hive mind has any interest in demonstrating how it should be done. Much easier to throw disparaging peanuts into the ring from a distance... or mythical cock monsters.

Alright forgive my lapse.:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom