Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $1500 for Codexian monsters + NPC + island + dungeon/item in Serpent in the Staglands

crakkie

Arcane
Special engulf attack that causes Ecstasy.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
They're not as visible from isometric perspective, not quite in your face, should I say.
The background is isometric, but the characters aren't:

LaaFetc.gif

Last edited:

Gulnar

Scholar
Why don't you go for a mind flayer like creature with penises instead of tentacles? I mean, usually these things wear robes, so it would pretty much fit the whole trany atmosphere of the codex.

That, or a neanderthal uberman.

Or mix the two to make a big humanoid with an octopus for a face. Cephalopod Neanderthalensis, if you will. He can still wear robes because he attacks quickly in melee, using his tentacles to hit the opponent's ass and legs.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
STRETCH GOALS + DIGITAL COPIES!

Just a quick announcement before DU updates the fundraiser info.

1. We've just negotiated with Whalenought that everyone who donates at least $15 to the Codex fundraiser gets a digital copy of the game.

2. Aside from that, we've negotiated for two additional exclooosive stretch goals for our campaign, at $750 and $1000:

Whalenought said:
Since right now you can definitely design a monster, if you get to $750 you can do a second monster, or if we make it to our next campaign goal [= the $25,000 stretch goal] you can theme your own merchant island that can be sailed to.

If you get to $1000 we'll throw in an NPC with minions on top of the monster or location of the previous amount, you can decide a story/quest to go along with that of course to make it your own. If it turns out anything like your previous designs of creatures in the works, I'm sure it will be something to behold.

We'll have more art examples coming soon and combat designs, but right now the monsters are designed to act as mini-boss battles with unique attacks and possible minions, so once we show those examples those might spark some more ideas for your creations.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
If you get to $1000 we'll throw in an NPC with minions on top of the monster or location of the previous amount, you can decide a story/quest to go along with that of course to make it your own. If it turns out anything like your previous designs of creatures in the works, I'm sure it will be something to behold.

Frustrated that he cannot secure funding for Escape from Population Earth, the peasant Propser now devotes his time to studying magic, eventually learning how to summon his demented creations into reality. Losing what remained of his sanity in the process, the chaotic evil Arch-wizard Prosper the Magnificent now terrorizes the island of Codexia with his demonic creatures. The player and co. must put an end to his evil doings. By force, if necessary. Be sure to include some weird-ass dialogue about the nature of the universe or the bugs that inhabit his lair or something.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Okay, campaign and OP updated now.

Do consider pledging so we can get an NPC + 2nd monster race + possibly an island!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
We should just raise $10k, fund the whole game ourselves and turn it all into a Codex meme paradise.

I am all for the Prosper Island.
It just needs to have famous Mystician/leader nicknamed DarkUnderLord fighting a good fight against the Terror of Prosper with his magical words. Only it turns out DarkUnderlord is behind all of the happenings in the Island and player must complete his insane tasks to get out of Codex Island.

I think the Codex needs to ease up with self-insertion references and actually create something with more subtlety.

I'm, however, all for the anus monster from Arnhem.

SoupNazi

Did the devs of this even read this topic? So they agree on not only putting the penis/anus/whatever monster in, BUT they encourage to do even more ridiculous shit with their game? For $1,000? Truly devs who go on kickstarter are desperate :lol:

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
One humorous monster is one thing but I feel like if we meet the other goals that toning down the memes and putting in something actually interesting would be cooler. But what the hell do I know, I'm new. I already donated directly to the game yesterday but I'll most likely contribute to this as well when I get home from work.

I think the Codex needs to ease up with self-insertion references and actually create something with more subtlety.

I'm, however, all for the anus monster from Arnhem.
How is that more subtle than a red troll? Or am I just not getting the sarcasm?

How many other games are we getting Codex trolls in already? Blatant Codex reference is a blatant Codex reference. Anus monster, on the other hand, an unrealized piece of gaming history only few know most of whom are residents of Codex... is quite simply subtler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom