Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $1500 for Codexian monsters + NPC + island + dungeon/item in Serpent in the Staglands

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Serpent in the Staglands; Whalenought Studios

[Post updated as of April 17 - new stretch goals at $1500.]

You know that pretty Serpent in the Staglands thingy? We're actually running a campaign to raise $1000, with the following rewards, some of them Codex-exclusive:

REWARDS

1. Digital Copy: Everyone who donates at least $15 to the Codex fundraiser gets a digital copy of the game.

2. NEW! $1500 GOAL: Location/Dungeon for NPC OR Mega Item (with questline)

Location/Dungeon for NPC
Even if we don’t get the island expansion (though I think we’re well on our way), I think it would be awesome if you wanted to expand on your NPC/Monster(s) to be included into one of the larger side-quests. We can collaborate on Aptitude-oriented branching paths, narrative ones, and involve some other basic NPCs to flesh it out. You can choose an area to make it happen in and lay it out if you’d like (or design the island and have it there instead of just theme it).

-OR-

Mega Item

The player can get an awesome item from the NPC that does something crazy. Teleports them like a Myst linking book to somewhere else on Vol, turns into a potential party member, or opens the gate to the Codexian sanctuary. Some cursed box, a chalice, a golden sword, anything you can think of that can have a story/quest revolved around it.​

3. $1000 GOAL: NPC + minions

If you get to $1000 we'll throw in an NPC with minions on top of the monster or location of the previous amount, you can decide a story/quest to go along with that of course to make it your own.​

4. $750 GOAL: 2nd Monster Race OR Personal Island

Since right now you can definitely design a monster, if you get to $750 you can do a second monster, or if we make it to our next campaign goal [= the $25,000 stretch goal] you can theme your own merchant island that can be sailed to.​

5. $500 GOAL: Monster Race

Pledge $500 or more: Besides our undying gratitude for your amazing contribution, you'll get all previous tier rewards, plus the opportunity to work with us to design a race of monsters that inhabit the Staglands coast. We'll discuss with you privately what that can involve, and work to turn your vision into something the Stagland's children whisper frightful tales of in the night. You'll be listed in the credits as a Dungeon Master, and have a special ancient crypt holding your Spirit.​

Contributing to this campaign will also get you a new collectable banner you can display under your avatar, just like in the campaigns we've done previously, if you care about things like that.

Donate! Discuss!

Johannes

Arcane
Unleash the Rectum Gobblers !

Tvi2l.gif

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
Donated, as I was suggesting this in the other thread!

Pretty cool, a Codexian maste- monster race, and a Codexian Spirit locked in a tomb, no doubt putting "romantic" back into "necromantic".

Thanks for setting this up, Bee.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Game looks like shit. Won't pledge. I need the money for the next Double Fine kickstarter anyway.:troll:

agris

Arcane
Patron
what about a race of grognards? details to be supplied later..

edit: could be a humanoid, semi-savage divine casting type. drawing inspiration from the Old Believers. What the wiki is missing is how this is relevant to grognards and the codex. The old believers left moscow and most urban areas, to live in small isolated communities where others shared their beliefs (at least at the end of the 17th century).

This is the connection to the codex and grognard.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Almost gave $10 to this.

Then I gave $10 to the Codex directly instead. I'll give them $10 through Kickstarter. Probably. Maybe.

zwanzig_zwoelf

THROBBING DICKLE MASTER RACE MUSTARD RAPE

This game deserves this.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Goddammit, we're collectively supporting another game? And somehow Dawn_ is involved? And now I have to click another fucking Kickstarter link to see if I'm willing to invest more money into a broken system producing broken hearts? Goddammit.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I think we all agree the abomination will be named Dawn?

I might not get a chance to donate, but I vote the abomination be some sort of talking vagina that whines.

laclongquan

Arcane
No. That sound like we reward 'her' for that incident.

As always, it should be "you open the codex unknowingly and summon the monster of cthulhuian horror: That multi dickheaded tentacle squid that excrete aphrodisiac so that the victim will scream aw gawd it's haeven~"

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why not. Red headed female troll with tentacles named Dawn.

Edit:
Oh its done. Sweet, it was like 400 when I donated like an hour ago.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Eh. I sort of committed to not doing anymore KickStarters until I got some tangible wins, but this is a tolerable loophole.

... Banner Saga and Shadowrun Returns are fine games, but I don't have the same passion for Banner Saga as say the King of Dragon Pass.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
We need to hit $528 to cover fees. I really should update the thing to use the after fee total some day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom