Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's purge the Xeno in Xenonauts (Ultimate doom expansion set for terra)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Appropriate for codexians. :smug:

I wanted to try out the mod thingie and forgot to back up the originals. C'est la vie. I'll do a flush once 1.0 hits

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm modding :3

VRZMYad.jpg

I'm sure ERYFKRAD, Smashing Axe, Commissar Draco and others will approve.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If I painted a pair of useless feathered hussar wings onto the armor, you'd be :bounce: all over it.

Adding weapons seems fairly straightforward. The major stumbling block is the sprites for the ground combat. There's 5 types of armor (none, jackal, wolf, buzzard, sentinel... predator only does HMGs). For each of those 5 types of armor, there are subtypes for no shield, combat shield and assault shield. So 15 types of armor. Each of those contain a folder with 89 png files. The animation pngs contain 40 or so sprites and make up the majority of the files. so changing the in-game appearance of the weapon from a short baton to an actual chainsword would take *ages*. :(

The original files were obviously generated from 3D models that ran through their poses and got exported. The devs just had to make a new weapon model and run the script again to generate a new set of sprites for each type of armor. I don't have that luxury. And I'm nowhere near 'spergy enough to sit down and do the sprites by hand. So an actual proper chainsword mod will have to wait until another intrepid soul makes it.

Last edited:

Tytus

Arcane
If I painted a pair of useless feathered hussar wings onto the armor, you'd be :bounce: all over it.

No, I would be calling you an idiot for not being historically accurate. Hussar Cavarly wore only one wing and it was pinned to the saddle not to the armor. You uneducated troglodyte.

Tytus

Arcane
And that sure helped them when Adolf came knocking :troll:

The formation wasn't existing anymore when Adolf came knocking. Stop embarrasing yourself. And go kill aliens. You are paid to kill xenos not to think - as you just proved. :popamole:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Game's definitely worth it. If you purchase it directly from their website, you don't even have to directly support steam, if that's a concern. (plus, it's slightly cheaper that way if you live in Euro-land)..

Game's definitely worth it. If you purchase it directly from their website, you don't even have to directly support steam, if that's a concern. (plus, it's slightly cheaper that way if you live in Euro-land)..
Agreed. Buy the damn game.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Great LP mate thanks! You made my day at work today :)
Can I steal borrow some of your screens for converting heathens to Xenonauts cause?

Go ahead. although the screenshots in the Xenonauts LP by Undead Phoenix contain more 'splosions for convincing the popamolars.

Tytus

Arcane

No, I would be calling you an idiot for not being historically accurate. Hussar Cavarly wore only one wing and it was pinned to the saddle not to the armor. You uneducated troglodyte.

4fad7324698b3de3.jpg

You're still an uneducated troglodyte. This is most likely 19 century replica which had wings on the back because it was used in parades that little to do with it's military application. The 17 century version looked more like this:

husarz_01.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom