Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Pray Generation XTH, desu!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Was gonna record some more GXTH, but then...

tQeerK4.jpg

:love:

Absalom

So you can change your bloodcode? Do you go back to Lvl-1? And I'll take that hat over that bow anyday

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So you can change your bloodcode? Do you go back to Lvl-1? And I'll take that hat over that bow anyday
You can change blood code, yeah. You start at lv1 in your new blood code. You won't start gaining HP again until your new blood code is a higher level than all your previous one(s). You also lose all skills from your old blood code, but not spells. Absalammi took a single level of wizard, then switched back to sage. That's how he has the 3 WIZ spells.

There are two hidden blood codes that unlock during the game. One is a monk - but we haven't really got anyone who'd make a good monk. The other is Black Cat a souped-up samurai. I could prep pepe for that if we wanted to, but he'd need a lot of points in non-core attributes to qualify.

Supposedly, the sequel allows for proper dual-classing. But that's not been translated yet.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, you'll need 9 in all atributes for Black Cat bloodcode, and it's only unlocked after you beat the game... I guess it's a reward for those who beat the game to import it into the sequel.

Absalom

Nice! So in the sequel, Afro-Samurai could really be a samurai/Rap magic user? Lol.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I once played a whole PnP campaign (4+ years) as nothing more than a glorified mascot/comic relief. Could make enchanted coins explode by belching.
I'm comfortable in that role. I know that I'll eventually get my chance to shine. :smug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
No. I just haven't felt in the mood to sift through 2hrs of recordings just yet.

Expiditions Conquistador, new Kerbal Space Program patch, CK2 Old Gods, Gunpoint, Thomas Was Alone, League of Legends, non-computer game interests. Only got so many hours in the day. :P

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No. I just haven't felt in the mood to sift through 2hrs of recordings just yet.

Expiditions Conquistador, new Kerbal Space Program patch, CK2 Old Gods, Gunpoint, Thomas Was Alone, League of Legends, non-computer game interests. Only got so many hours in the day. :P

So, how is a fellow Dane liking this kickstarted project? I've only managed to get a couple of hours played yet, so my opinion isn't fully formed, though it's leaning towards the positive.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's not perfect, but it's quite good.
That's 3 kickstarted projects out so far that have been well worth the investment. And SR:R looks like it'll be the 4th. And Banner Saga will have solid, turn-based combat even if everything else turns out to be shit. Xenonauts is decent with the potential to be amazing if they iron out the map generation and improve the AI. Even when Wasteland 2 fails horribly, I'll still have come out on top. Didn't bother with Torment: Tide of Numbers or Project Eternity because RTwP is shit and people who support it should feel bad.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

:killit:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Does this mean you'll be updating your Tunnels & Trolls LP? :troll:

I do intend to go on with that :oops:

Don't quote me on that though :P

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Does this mean you'll be updating your Tunnels & Trolls LP? :troll:

I do intend to go on with that :oops:

Don't quote me on that though :P

Next Gen XTH update will come within 24 hrs if Bees next Tunnels and Trolls update. :troll:

tiagocc0

Arcane
What about the translation anyway? It seems the guy is never going to release it because he wants to get paid for his work and the game company has stopped responding to his e-mails.
While I don't mind if he chooses to do it this way, but this is hardly a fan translation, I would call it just a regular translation which seems I will never be able to use/play. :(

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Well, he said he would release a stand-alone patch even if he doesn't get paid... but we'll probably not get the sequels if so...

Crooked Bee

Patron
Yeah, getting the entire series translated is one of my wet dreams.

Mayhap he could set up a Paypal donation thingie or something?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Next Gen XTH update will come within 24 hrs if Bees next Tunnels and Trolls update. :troll:

I am gonna quote you on that, though ;)

Sure thing, Bee. I got the next Gen XTH update prepared on my HDD. Tag me next time your Tunnels and Trolls LP gets a substantial update and I'll go upload my update to youtube the second I see the alert. ;)

Uh-oh, you didn't!

Shit just got real, girlfriend!

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom