Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Pray Generation XTH, desu!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Class eh? Not sure why you'd want that in the quick-info panel, but yes, I see it now. :salute:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
A lot of items - nearly all of them - are class-restricted. The class number is useful more often than you think.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

How's the duration on the commentation? Too short? Too long? Just right?

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Commentary is fine, but the game is somewhat hard to see now. Text was pretty hard to read for the first half too.

2013-05-05-115035_scrot.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Commentary is fine, but the game is somewhat hard to see now. Text was pretty hard to read for the first half too.

Jewtube and me are continuing our lover's spat. Game is 800x600, so that's the resolution I record in. But if I upload in 800x600, it scales everything down to 640x480. I tried forcing a 1280x720 video size with matching commentaries to keep Jewtube from "helpfully" cropping and downscaling the video. The videos look fine before I upload them. But then they weigh in at ~350mb for 8 minutes.

Losing the crispness of the text seems to be unavoidable due to jewtube faggotry. I can try scaling up the recordings to 960x720 to make the text slightly bigger. But it'll be blurry no matter what 'cause video compression. If you set the video to 720p/fullscreen it should be readable though. Maybe you were watching it in 480p.

If a videBRO sensei like felipepepe has some premiere/aftereffects/youtube insight to share that will keep shit from getting blurry, I'm all ears.

I also went with 175%-200% speed in combat instead of 250% this time. I know some OCD people will still get upset at me for making the combat text scroll too fast for them to read. But it takes ~1hr to upload each of these segments to jewtube. I'm trying to strike a balance between clip length and information readability. If there's a big fight, I'll speed things up slightly less. If there's a huge uproar I can play it back in normal speed, but that will result in less ground being covered per update. 15 minutes of video after editing is the upper treshold. That takes jewtube almost 2 hours to upload and process. If need be, people can taop play/pause during combat to read messages at their own leisure. :P

Anyhoo, the next update is nearly done uploading. If the second video doesn't work for you, give it 10 mins or so and it should.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Jewtube and me are continuing our lover's spat. Game is 800x600, so that's the resolution I record in. But if I upload in 800x600, it scales everything down to 640x480. I tried forcing a 1280x720 video size with matching commentaries to keep Jewtube from "helpfully" cropping and downscaling the video. The videos look fine before I upload them. But then they weigh in at ~350mb for 8 minutes.

Losing the crispness of the text seems to be unavoidable due to jewtube faggotry. I can try scaling up the recordings to 960x720 to make the text slightly bigger. But it'll be blurry no matter what 'cause video compression. If you set the video to 720p/fullscreen it should be readable though. Maybe you were watching it in 480p.

Video LP noob detected. :P Like any SA LPer would tell you, you should use AviSynth + MeGUI to lanczos resize your 800x600 video to 1280x960 and convert it to mp4. In that case Youtube won't downscale it.

First, I hope you are recording as lossless AVI. Because if not, you suck! (Lagarith is a good codec for lossless avi recording.)

Next install AviSynth/AvsPmod and create an avs file with something like this in it:
AVISource("C:\My desu videogames\capture\desudesu_source.avi")
LanczosResize(1280, 960)

Then install MeGUI and load you avisynth script into it
Encoder settings x264: *scratchpad* -> Config -> Preset: Slow; Encoding mode: Automated 2pass or Constant quality, I would guess the bitrate should be about 1000 for this game; but maybe even something like 700-800 would suffice
File format: mp4
Into "audio input", load the original avi video or the avs file (I forget which is better and why)
Encoder settings: FAAC: *scratchpad*
Extension: MP4-AAC
Then click AutoEncode -> No Target Size (use profile settings), Container: MP4 -> Click Queue

That should give you a nice enough clip to upload to Youtube

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Video LP noob detected. :P Like any SA LPer would tell you, you should use AviSynth + MeGUI to lanczos resize your 800x600 video to 1280x960 and convert it to mp4. In that case Youtube won't downscale it.

First, I hope you are recording as lossless AVI. Because if not, you suck! (Lagarith is a good codec for lossless avi recording.)

This is what my desktop looks like while I'm doing this:

ib1SiukTRd6nB2.jpg

Xsplit is set to record in 800x600px, using the x264 video codec at a maximum bitrate of 4000kbps. Audio encoding is AAC LC HQ, but I mostly discard the ingame audio and import external music as ogg vorbis or mp3.

Encoder settings x264: *scratchpad* -> Config -> Preset: Slow; Encoding mode: Automated 2pass or Constant quality, I would guess the bitrate should be about 1000 for this game; but maybe even something like 700-800 would suffice
File format: mp4
Into "audio input", load the original avi video or the avs file (I forget which is better and why)
Encoder settings: FAAC: *scratchpad*
Extension: MP4-AAC
Then click AutoEncode -> No Target Size (use profile settings), Container: MP4 -> Click Queue

That should give you a nice enough clip to upload to Youtube

Here's my export settings into mp4 in premiere:
ibzO1V7gN1pwKv.jpg

The resulting video looks nice and crisp. But after I upload it to the jewtubes, they downsample the quality and it looks fugly. :(

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Youtube shouldn't downsample x720 videos, so that's weird. I would suggest you ask the people in SA's Tech Support thread but I take it you don't have an SA account?

I know Youtube didn't downgrade my 640x480 videos which I resized to 1280x960 -- quite the contrary they always looked crisp and fine. So I'm guessing Youtube dislikes something in your workflow but I'm not familiar with the programs you use so I've no idea.

But then they weigh in at ~350mb for 8 minutes.

This, however, is very very weird. I never had my mp4s weigh that much.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Am paused while trying to figure out how the fuck to open door :(

Also, Azira needs to stop dying to everything. Can't level him when he's ded.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Level him up, should have a few more HPs if you can do that.

I believe you went past 2 holes in the dungeon, so go back with 2 code ropes and traverse the dungeon again, I wasn't paying attention to the floors, but there'll probably be "unknown" markers or something on their locations.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Lessons learned today:

1) Playing popamole games with quest compasses makes you forget how to navigate even simple dungeons.
2) You need to go up a level to go down a level.
3) Don't skimp on consumables. It's way more costly in random encounters when you keep having to go out of the dungeon to resupply and back down again.
4) Always carry code rope.
5) Have multiple weapons with different element upgrades on people. Switch weapons when your attacks only deal 1 damage.

I'm going to re-do the stuff from the stream later because my bumbling made the recording take way, way too long and it'd be hell to turn into something viewable. Really enjoyng myself though. It's a very solid dungeon crawler. :4/5: best game of 2013 so far.

Absalom

"code rope?" Lol. Yeah it looks pretty good; and I haven't played a good dungeon crawler in forever. And is that armour seriously only covering like a third of his chest? LOL

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Desu as all fuck!

:desu:

Also, spoiler about next update if Azira's hair was black:

AcTilsR.png

(I have no clue what's going on here)

Zetor

Arcane
Jasede is in your squad, pepe?
Yup, I also got the best Black Cat around:

6WI1TMA.jpg

Nyan like a boss. :cool:

What is Blood 19 called and what class is it?
It's just called SIZ, it's one of the three 'subspace entities' that help you in Babel. The origin of the name is Shizuru Muramasa, which was a Felpurr Samurai in one of EXP's earlier games (Wizardry Xth?).

Gameplay-wise it's basically a souped-up samurai.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Damn, tried the demo, when I was about to finish my party and start playing then the avatar images vanished from all of them and the game got slow as hell, I saved, quit and reloaded but I think it also saved the error because it was still there. I gave up after.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom